Paulding.com

Karen Handel gets smeared

Handel highly impressed me when she was on the Fulton BOC. She is not afraid to call out the shady dealings and dealers. She has that experience plus her stint as Secretary of State----a good bit more experience that our current PRESIDENT.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So she supports gay rights? I don't see that as a negative. I would never vote for a canadate who dosen't support basic HUMAN rights! To me, it makes the ones bashing her for it seem like small minded

Leave it up to the Ga. governors race to promote bigotry and homophobia. This nasty campaigning is a real turn-off.

Nope. No Democrats, not ever, never.

Handel and Barnes are the only ones who can even come close to spelling the word "ethics", and I'm not so sure about Roy. Roy ran this state like he owned it, and crossed a few technical lines in the process, usurping constitutional power as he went. I don't know that any of those lines was crossed in the interest of enriching either himself or his cronys however, it appeared to be in the interest of power alone.

Handel and Barnes are the only ones who can even come close to spelling the word "ethics", and I'm not so sure about Roy. Roy ran this state like he owned it, and crossed a few technical lines in the process, usurping constitutional power as he went. I don't know that any of those lines was crossed in the interest of enriching either himself or his cronys however, it appeared to be in the interest of power alone.

I think it is time for GA to have a female governor. I never liked Roy and I don't trust Ox.

Karen Handel said the other day when she was comforting oxodine that she does not support the A word nor does she support Gay rights... that he was a liar...

Good for her!!

Good for her!!

I think the A word, gay marriage, and illegal immigration are issues the republicans like to bring up but don't really want to address because they can get political mileage complaining about them and stirring up their base.

Well, if the flier under discussion is the "Hey Big Spender" one, the only identifying mark on it was the address:

P.O. Box 920425, Norcross, Ga 30010

A quick Google of that address gives me this on the Ga Sect of State website:

John W. Oxendine

P.O. Box 920425

Norcross, GA 30010

E-Mail: johnox@earthlink.net Party: Republican

Date Qualified: Thursday, April 29, 2010

SOS Site

So looks like it's John "I'm too ashamed of it to put my name on it" Oxendine's work.

I initially was looking at him, but leaning away lately, this piece of work had cut it for me. I wouldn't vote for him for dogcatcher now.

PS. Just got a call From Steven Norrington (or something like that) For Insurance Commissioner... guess who I WONT be voting for!!

Well, if the flier under discussion is the "Hey Big Spender" one, the only identifying mark on it was the address:

John W. Oxendine

P.O. Box 920425

Norcross, GA 30010

SOS Site

So looks like it's John "I'm ashamed of it to put my name on it" Oxendine's work.

I initially was looking at him, but leaning away lately, this piece of work had cut it for me. I wouldn't vote for him for dogcatcher now.

PS. Just got a call From Steven Norrington (or something like that) For Insurance Commissioner... guess who I WONT be voting for!!

LOL.... I'm sorry.

I think I'm going with Handel. Deal doesn't interest me (career politician, endorsed by Gingrich), and Oxendine seems to be a bit of a nut from what I hear. I like Johnson, but I think I like Handel a little bit better.

I wouldn't vote for Barnes for dog-catcher. The other Dems look blah to me, except for Thurbert Baker. I considered crossing over and voting for him; he's been a pretty good AG and isn't too off-the-wall on issues (although he is a good bit more liberal than I). I note that he also has Bill Clinton's endorsement, although I doubt that's going to help him much. Too bad.

Thurbert Baker seems ok to me, but people have a hard time getting past his awful toupee. :lol:

I think the A word, gay marriage, and illegal immigration are issues the republicans like to bring up but don't really want to address because they can get political mileage complaining about them and stirring up their base.

You mean like the left and their endless complaints about racism and their fueling of the fires of class warfare and envy? Hmmmm.

Thurbert Baker seems ok to me, but people have a hard time getting past his awful toupee. :lol:

Not really, it's his party and politics that bother me.

Edited by PowderSpringsDad

Did anyone notice that NO ONE is listed on the flier who takes credit for it? I thought that was illegal!!!! What a piece of work. Both the flier and the person who sent it out!dry.gif

The one I got says "Paid for by Oxendine Working for Goeorgia, Inc." It's in the lower left hand corner in the same color of grey as the flier border.

--

You said it very well. A tv ad for Ox says something about us "not being able to trust Handel" about gay rights. The implication is that OX would keep us safe from gays. The hell? He's playing to the homophobic crowd who think that straight people will "turn gay" if Handel is elected. Or that extending citizens' rights to -- CITIZENS is somehow wrong.

There's a reason that OX's campaign seems like the work of small-minded bigots. They are small-minded bigots!

I'll reassert my contention that people who have it out for gays are essentially "peeping toms". They need to visualize the kind of sex that other people are having. It's a new century and people should have learned by now just to mind their own business regarding personal matters that affect no one else. Otherwise, doesn't it stand to reason that if gay folks are allowed fewer rights, then they should not have to pay the same taxes as those citizens who get a full set of rights.

At a restaurant, one person gets a full meal with dessert, another person gets just a salad and no dessert - they shouldn't get the same bill! In this country, citizenship is supposed to be more like a buffet. You don't say to one customer, "help youself to the buffet -- but no bread and no dessert!" The customers pays the same thing, so they should all be awarded the full buffet. Otherwise, it's unfair discrimination against those who don't get what should be due to them.

which rights are you speaking of?

John W. Oxendine

P.O. Box 920425

Norcross, GA 30010

SOS Site

So looks like it's John "I'm too ashamed of it to put my name on it" Oxendine's work.

I got the Hey Big Spender flier, too. This one also has "Onxendine Working for Georgia, Inc." on it. Look on the back side in the lower right hand corner. It's printed vertically along the right margin.

Looked real close and could not find it on mine.

Look 1/2 inch to the left of the sentence that begins "While Karen Handel claims to represent..." in the area where the dark gray background blends into a lighter gray border. It's printed vertically just inside the left hand border. It is not obvious, so it is easy to overlook.

Look 1/2 inch to the left of the sentence that begins "While Karen Handel claims to represent..." in the area where the dark gray background blends into a lighter gray border. It's printed vertically just inside the left hand border. It is not obvious, so it is easy to overlook.

I think I have a different flier. I did find a very clever ,OX-102, right under the purple ball that says Keep A------- Legal. It is very very hard to see.

I got the Hey Big Spender flier, too. This one also has "Onxendine Working for Georgia, Inc." on it. Look on the back side in the lower right hand corner. It's printed vertically along the right margin.

Ah found it.

Way to hide it while still meeting the letter of the law.

He's worthless.

I think I have a different flier. I did find a very clever ,OX-102, right under the purple ball that says Keep A------- Legal. It is very very hard to see.

Mine has that under one of the purple balls, too, but it says OXE-102. I hadn't noticed it before. The text I saw was on the other side of the mailer (or inside, since it is folded over).

This is kind of like playing "Where's Waldo?".

Mine has that under one of the purple balls, too, but it says OXE-102. I hadn't noticed it before. The text I saw was on the other side of the mailer (or inside, since it is folded over).

This is kind of like playing "Where's Waldo?".

Yep, I missed the E in OXE. I still don't see the other name.

Keep what legal? Is it the dreaded "A" word here? Or something else?

Now I am getting jealous over the fact I have gotten no fliers :lol: I want to know!!!

Now I am getting jealous over the fact I have gotten no fliers laugh.gif I want to know!!!

Yep, the dreaded "A" word! OX says she supports it.

We need to have another lunch or coffee so we can share our ton of fliers with you!!laugh.gif

It would seem though that Handel started it, being quick to sling mud- I mean, point out- how crooked all the other Republican front-runners were. It does seem, however, to be an accurate reflection of her support of mainstreaming gay relationships and supporting an organization (planned Parenting) that both endorses and finances aboortzions. Whether or not you personally agree with the issues, they tend to be Republican conservative base hot buttons and will likely have an effect when people get in front of the voting machine. Let's face it though, Handel probably won't get a great deal of support in rural Georgia, Oxendine is ultimately a turn-off and Johnson won't get much more momentum. That leaves Deal, who ultimately is the Republican with the greatest ability govern as a conservative. I don't have a favorite candidate, just calling it like I see it. I'll bet it ultimately ends up between Roy B. and Nathan D.

It would seem though that Handel started it, being quick to sling mud- I mean, point out- how crooked all the other Republican front-runners were. It does seem, however, to be an accurate reflection of her support of mainstreaming gay relationships and supporting an organization (planned Parenting) that both endorses and finances aboortzions. Whether or not you personally agree with the issues, they tend to be Republican conservative base hot buttons and will likely have an effect when people get in front of the voting machine. Let's face it though, Handel probably won't get a great deal of support in rural Georgia, Oxendine is ultimately a turn-off and Johnson won't get much more momentum. That leaves Deal, who ultimately is the Republican with the greatest ability govern as a conservative. I don't have a favorite candidate, just calling it like I see it. I'll bet it ultimately ends up between Roy B. and Nathan D.

I think you may very well be right about the ballot in November and I am very much Okay with that. I think he will be the best one in a debate with King Roy!

I think I like Porter just a very little bit more than Poythress and both just a bit better than Barnes ... but on Porter and Poythress, I'm a waffling. But I can't vote for any of them and vote for post commissioner and DA because those races are being decided in the GOP primary.

I would, however, suggest that the Democrat does stand a chance against one of those in GOP.

Why?

Becuase a lot of the feeling out there is throw the bastards out ... and that means incumbents. In Georgia, the incumbents are Republican.

pubby

I definitely get the anti-incumbent sentiment, but I still don't foresee this state electing a Democrat for Governor, Senator, or see the state go blue in a presidential election any time soon. I'd be very pleasantly surprised if it did, but I'm just not seeing it. I'll wager you the beer of your choosing if Roy Barnes defeats Handel or whomever gets the GOP nod.

I like Porter as well, just am not as familiar with his campaign as I am with Poythress.

I definitely get the anti-incumbent sentiment, but I still don't foresee this state electing a Democrat for Governor, Senator, or see the state go blue in a presidential election any time soon. I'd be very pleasantly surprised if it did, but I'm just not seeing it. I'll wager you the beer of your choosing if Roy Barnes defeats Handel or whomever gets the GOP nod.

I like Porter as well, just am not as familiar with his campaign as I am with Poythress.

You do recall that Barnes served a prior term as GA governor?

That's too funny. Have you even considered voting for Barnes? or maybe Porter?

Probably both in the general election. The female Porter that is.

I kind of like Handel and I voted for her, but I really want to clean the capital of anything Sonny Perdue might have corrupted.

Oxendine is just a creepy little bastard. Hasn't he been investigated a few times in his corrupt tenure as insurance commissioner?

You do recall that Barnes served a prior term as GA governor?

I do - not sure about others or possible newcomers to Georgia. I have a couple of friends who are hard core democrats. They're not thrilled with Barnes being the frontrunner simply because of the amount of time spent in politics. They fear the "get 'em out" attitude will pour over to - well, he's had this job before & he had 8 terms in the state senate, along with his record on education & health reform here in Georgia. I'm surprised the teachers are behind him in the numbers that are being reported as most I've talked to hate NCLB, but, attribute that to Bush, not looking into Barnes was instrumental in it's creation.......Don't know.....we'll see how this mess plays out...... like I've posted in another thread. I feel like this is the presidential election - I'll have to end up voting for the lesser of two evils.....And, heaven help me if it's Deal/Barnes.

Did anyone notice that NO ONE is listed on the flier who takes credit for it? I thought that was illegal!!!! What a piece of work. Both the flier and the person who sent it out!dry.gif

On the two smear Handel flyers that came yesterday and today I had to search pretty

good to find Oxendines name.

Very cowardly. imo

On the two smear Handel flyers that came yesterday and today I had to search pretty

good to find Oxendines name.

Very cowardly. imo

Yes, I finally found some very small initials that were no doubt his! Think he was embarrassed to send them out?

Now I am getting jealous over the fact I have gotten no fliers :lol: I want to know!!!

We just shuffled through the 7 or 8 we got in last week that were piling up on the diningroom table.

If you will pm me your address I would be glad to send them all to you. :lol:

And if you will give me your phone # I will call forward all these danged recordings too. :D

Yes, I finally found some very small initials that were no doubt his! Think he was embarrassed to send them out?

I really wish we had honesty and integrity in politics

but they just make it harder with the smear campaigns instead of using their time proving themselves worthy of our votes.

I often wonder how many people vote from someone else's opinions, or worse, believe everything they read on these flyers, vote based on candidate age, sex, race etc. without taking the time to research the facts.

I imagine the numbers would be frightening.

I know that wasn't exactly an answer to your question. Sorry. :blush:

tranauility - good post-

but they just make it harder with the smear campaigns instead of using their time proving themselves worthy of our votes.

I often wonder how many people vote from someone else's opinions, or worse, believe everything they read on these flyers, vote based on candidate age, sex, race etc. without taking the time to research the facts.

I know that wasn't exactly an answer to your question. Sorry.

I do know that you can't depend on the flyers to determine your vote, you gotta do a little reseach, look at them, what they say, what they say is true... What you believe in. No matter the party, look at the person... look at their background, their jobs, do they have something to gain, or they doing this for the good of all people?

I try to look at who is running, do a little research and vote my consience, what they stand for and what you think they can do ... that is all you can do...

I know Roy Barnes would never get my vote... that is one thing I am certain of...he had his time and did not do well in my opinion... he is old blood, we need new blood.....

but I really want to clean the capital of anything Sonny Perdue might have corrupted.

Careful, this sounds a lot like the sentiment going into the last presidential election...and look at what we got for it.

Sonny has not lived up to my expectations either. But he helped to do the main think I wanted to see done...break up the corrupt hold the Dems had on our state legislature and make it a 2-party state again.

I'll weigh in and state that I agree with pubby that a Democrat does indeed have a reasonable chance of winning the governor's race. Georgia may be a red state, but it hasn't been one for that long, and the political balance here is still somewhat delicate. With all the controversy from the Republican side, and a couple of articulate candidates on the Dem side; it could very well happen. What scares me about that though is that most of the Dems are spouting too much Obama-speak for my comfort. Those kind of Keynesian / Marxist policies would be disastrous for our state.

What we need right now is a strong and responsible leader that believes in fiscal conservatism. I don't care which party that comes from, but I think the odds of the Dems producing one are slim to none. Republicans only slightly better, but at least they won't have their lips all over Obama's butt.

Way to hide it while still meeting the letter of the law.

It is actually not required that a campaign (or a third party who sent the mailer) have their name on the literature, so it seems pretty stupid for the campaign to put it on the literature in an effort to camouflage it. Either put it on the literature without trying to hide it or don't put it on.

Edited by Pigpen

I've been looking over the candidates thoroughly this weekend to decide who to vote for on Tuesday. I know everyone is very interested in the A word and gay rights etc. I for one could care less about what one candidate thinks another candidate thought about gay rights or A. I want to tell them,"Shut up, and stop telling me what you think they did and tell me what YOU are going to do." I want to know what you are going to do about issues that actually affect me living in a state a love with all of my heart. Tell me how you will solve the water issue that will become a huge issue over the next two years, while our next governor is in office. Tell me what you will do for our tax situation which doesn't look very attractive to incoming businesses and rakes over it's current residents, only to result in coming up short in the bank. I have kids still in school, how will our state fair over the next four years in education when it comes to finances if you are elected? This is what I need to know. So don't send me stupid "he said, she said" crap in the mail. I outgrew that crap in high school and I need someone of my maturity to govern this state I love.

Edited by HiPlainsDrifter

tranauility - good post-

I know that wasn't exactly an answer to your question. Sorry.

I do know that you can't depend on the flyers to determine your vote, you gotta do a little reseach, look at them, what they say, what they say is true... What you believe in. No matter the party, look at the person... look at their background, their jobs, do they have something to gain, or they doing this for the good of all people?

I try to look at who is running, do a little research and vote my consience, what they stand for and what you think they can do ... that is all you can do...

I know Roy Barnes would never get my vote... that is one thing I am certain of...he had his time and did not do well in my opinion... he is old blood, we need new blood.....

I grew up around the corner from RB in high school, didn't much care for him before he was Govenor.

I'm not stupid enough or rich enough to put things out there

and get myself in a law suit. Recently I read his net worth was 12.6 million and I don't have 12.6 dollars ( :rofl: )

to do anything more than not vote for him.

Edited by tranquility

I grew up around the corner from RB in high school, didn't much care for him before he was Govenor.

I'm not stupid enough or rich enough to put things out there

and get myself in a law suit. Recently I read his net worth was 12.6 million and I don't have 12.6 dollars ( :rofl: )

to do anything more than not vote for him.

This is a power trip for King Roy.

I've been looking over the candidates thoroughly this weekend to decide who to vote for on Tuesday. I know everyone is very interested in the A word and gay rights etc. I for one could care less about what one candidate thinks another candidate thought about gay rights or A I want to tell them,"Shut up, and stop telling me what you think they did and tell me what YOU are going to do." I want to know what you are going to do about issues that actually affect me living in a state a love with all of my heart. Tell me how you will solve the water issue that will become a huge issue over the next two years, while our next governor is in office. Tell me what you will do for our tax situation which doesn't look very attractive to incoming businesses and rakes over it's current residents, only to result in coming up short in the bank. I have kids still in school, how will our state fair over the next four years in education when it comes to finances if you are elected? This is what I need to know. So don't send me stupid "he said, she said" crap in the mail. I outgrew that crap in high school and I need someone of my maturity to govern this state I love.

Edited by HiPlainsDrifter

I do - not sure about others or possible newcomers to Georgia. I have a couple of friends who are hard core democrats. They're not thrilled with Barnes being the frontrunner simply because of the amount of time spent in politics. They fear the "get 'em out" attitude will pour over to - well, he's had this job before & he had 8 terms in the state senate, along with his record on education & health reform here in Georgia. I'm surprised the teachers are behind him in the numbers that are being reported as most I've talked to hate NCLB, but, attribute that to Bush, not looking into Barnes was instrumental in it's creation.......Don't know.....we'll see how this mess plays out...... like I've posted in another thread. I feel like this is the presidential election - I'll have to end up voting for the lesser of two evils.....And, heaven help me if it's Deal/Barnes.

I don't think Barnes is supported by the NEA. Quite frankly, I don't think there's a politician in either party interested in helping teachers or creating real educational reform.