Paulding.com

Karen Handel gets smeared

I just received a mailer,this was against Karen Handel. She is put against the wall for her past support on her record. They attacked her on aboortzion,gay rights. It went on to say how she supported gay rights. What a negative attack.angry.gif

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So she supports gay rights? I don't see that as a negative. I would never vote for a canadate who dosen't support basic HUMAN rights! To me, it makes the ones bashing her for it seem like small minded

Leave it up to the Ga. governors race to promote bigotry and homophobia. This nasty campaigning is a real turn-off.

Nope. No Democrats, not ever, never.

An "oxendine" worker mentioned this last night at the tea party event. I told him what I thought of this type of stuff. I just don't care for negative campaigns. Guess I made the old guy mad when I said - "Is he without sin casting the first stone?" The old guy turned away from me and started talking to someone else. I know the candidates can't know everything the workers do (I've campaigned for someone before) - but the workers have a duty to their candidate to keep things positive. The old guy had asked me if I had any questions about his candidate, I said no, that I had researched he, Handel, Deal very thoroughly and was looking into Johnson (whose setup was right beside of Oxendines). I was waiting to ask that camp some questions. I told the old guy I believed there would be a runoff and he said yes, between Deal & Oxendine. I said I knew quite a few people voting for Handel - & I do - some of which voted early - and he went off on "Well, there are things that they didn't know or they wouldn't have voted that way. She's toast. Just wait til tomorrow when this stuff hits"....Just awful.

An "oxendine" worker mentioned this last night at the tea party event. I told him what I thought of this type of stuff. I just don't care for negative campaigns. Guess I made the old guy mad when I said - "Is he without sin casting the first stone?" The old guy turned away from me and started talking to someone else. I know the candidates can't know everything the workers do (I've campaigned for someone before) - but the workers have a duty to their candidate to keep things positive. The old guy had asked me if I had any questions about his candidate, I said no, that I had researched he, Handel, Deal very thoroughly and was looking into Johnson (whose setup was right beside of Oxendines). I was waiting to ask that camp some questions. I told the old guy I believed there would be a runoff and he said yes, between Deal & Oxendine. I said I knew quite a few people voting for Handel - & I do - some of which voted early - and he went off on "Well, there are things that they didn't know or they wouldn't have voted that way. She's toast. Just wait til tomorrow when this stuff hits"....Just awful.

Wow. You know, early on I was going between Oxendine and Handel. The closer to the election I started to have my doubts about Ox. I think I have had my mind made up for awhile anyway, but still wanted to explore the other candidates as well, just in case. His TV ads and this just cements it. Ox is an @ss. Deal was never one of my options.

Wow. You know, early on I was going between Oxendine and Handel. The closer to the election I started to have my doubts about Ox. I think I have had my mind made up for awhile anyway, but still wanted to explore the other candidates as well, just in case. His TV ads and this just cements it. Ox is an @ss. Deal was never one of my options.

That's too funny. Have you even considered voting for Barnes? or maybe Porter?

I just received a mailer,this was against Karen Handel. She is put against the wall for her past support on her record. They attacked her on aboortzion,gay rights. It went on to say how she supported gay rights. What a negative attack.angry.gif

If it is the truth I would support the putting out of the info. I happen to believe that this one is based on innuendo and lies! That kind of attack just earns more votes for her.

It has already gained her 5 that I know of personally. I think the run-off will be between Karen and Nathan.

I would NEVER consider voting for Oxendine. He came up and spoke with me last night and it just made my opinion even stronger.

So she supports gay rights? I don't see that as a negative. I would never vote for a canadate who dosen't support basic HUMAN rights! To me, it makes the ones bashing her for it seem like small minded biggots. I'm voting for Roy but If a republican wins I hope It's her.

• Like 1

I would NEVER consider voting for Oxendine. He came up and spoke with me last night and it just made my opinion even stronger.

Early on I wanted to keep an open mind. I pretty much had my mind made up anyway, but wanted to be sure. Before the smear campaign brought about by Ox, I already didn't care too much for him. The thing is, I just really don't like Nathan Deal. Other than his ethics violations, I can't put my finger on why. I think he's shady, and he leaves me with a bad feeling. I will not be voting for Ox. You're statement and the one I commented on earlier just confirms what I suspected. Handel totally has my support and my vote.

I hope Deal doesn't win this primary. If someone has something great to say about him, I wish they would tell me. Maybe I haven't educated myself enough on him. :pardon:

I've been wondering who I should vote for on the Republican side all the local races are being decided in the GOP primary.

I've not been much impressed by the folks on the GOP side running for Governor and some (McBerry, Johnson, and Oxindine would be a complete disaster.) Deal also has ethical issues - I feel he ducked the House thing by timing his resignation adroitly - which leaves me looking at Handel.

She could benefit from crossover votes from moderates who have no choice but to vote in the GOP primary if they want a voice in local races.

Who should I vote for? I'll entertain options but right now, in the interest of the state and realizing that if I voted for a disaster (and also realizing that I might help the Democrats in November if I voted for a disaster candidate) I am leaning toward Karen Handel.

pubby

So she supports gay rights? I don't see that as a negative. I would never vote for a canadate who dosen't support basic HUMAN rights! To me, it makes the ones bashing her for it seem like small minded biggots. I'm voting for Roy but If a republican wins I hope It's her.

Leave it up to the Ga. governors race to promote bigotry and homophobia. This nasty campaigning is a real turn-off.

• Like 1

That's too funny. Have you even considered voting for Barnes? or maybe Porter?

Oopss...hit a button before putting anything in....I am and have always been against NCLB. I know it's attributed to Bush, but, Barnes was a key player. I didn't like alot of what Barnes was for and/or did during his tenure as our governor. I'm really not for putting career politicians in office at this time. He isn't a bad man, just not my choice.

--

You said it very well. A tv ad for Ox says something about us "not being able to trust Handel" about gay rights. The implication is that OX would keep us safe from gays. The hell? He's playing to the homophobic crowd who think that straight people will "turn gay" if Handel is elected. Or that extending citizens' rights to -- CITIZENS is somehow wrong.

There's a reason that OX's campaign seems like the work of small-minded bigots. They are small-minded bigots!

I'll reassert my contention that people who have it out for gays are essentially "peeping toms". They need to visualize the kind of sex that other people are having. It's a new century and people should have learned by now just to mind their own business regarding personal matters that affect no one else. Otherwise, doesn't it stand to reason that if gay folks are allowed fewer rights, then they should not have to pay the same taxes as those citizens who get a full set of rights.

At a restaurant, one person gets a full meal with dessert, another person gets just a salad and no dessert - they shouldn't get the same bill! In this country, citizenship is supposed to be more like a buffet. You don't say to one customer, "help youself to the buffet -- but no bread and no dessert!" The customers pays the same thing, so they should all be awarded the full buffet. Otherwise, it's unfair discrimination against those who don't get what should be due to them.

I've been wondering who I should vote for on the Republican side all the local races are being decided in the GOP primary.

I've not been much impressed by the folks on the GOP side running for Governor and some (McBerry, Johnson, and Oxindine would be a complete disaster.) Deal also has ethical issues - I feel he ducked the House thing by timing his resignation adroitly - which leaves me looking at Handel.

She could benefit from crossover votes from moderates who have no choice but to vote in the GOP primary if they want a voice in local races.

Who should I vote for? I'll entertain options but right now, in the interest of the state and realizing that if I voted for a disaster (and also realizing that I might help the Democrats in November if I voted for a disaster candidate) I am leaning toward Karen Handel.

pubby

I like her & I know of several people who are on vacation next week who voted early for her....I'm not sure she's ready for a position such as governor. However, I feel like I did in the last presidential election - no one stands out & I might have to vote for the lesser of two evils.....Unless it's Deal & I agree with the other poster - there's just something about him that he solidified when I met him last night - just something not quiet -hmmmm.....kosher?? Don't know - can't put my finger on it. :blush:

:drinks: But, we can't limit it to Georgia....saw some frightful ads while on vacation out of state.

I think I saw wsb interviewing Handel and then Oxendine and he just sounded like a whiner, calling Handel a liar. I never liked listening to him before he decided to run, and like him even less now. How can you bash someone because they believe in people's rights and freedoms? I watched Roy Barnes and DuBose Porter last week and it seemed like Barnes agreed with everything DuBose Porter said. I like Handel and I like DuBose Porter. I have almost always voted Democrat (yes, I'm not afraid to admit it), but I like to look at all the candidates, watch their faces, their eyes, how they look when the other people are speaking, do they have their own ideas or do they just agree with everything everyone else says, or do they always attack the other party. You just have to get a feeling for who you think is the most sincere and will stick to their guns and really cares about our state and our country.

but I like to look at all the candidates, watch their faces, their eyes, how they look when the other people are speaking, do they have their own ideas or do they just agree with everything everyone else says, or do they always attack the other party. You just have to get a feeling for who you think is the most sincere and will stick to their guns and really cares about our state and our country.

:drinks:

Since the GOP primary will essentially decide the next governor, I sincerely hope Handel wins. But they all just suck sooooooo bad.

I've backed David Poythress, but he stands no shot against Roy Barnes, who in turn stands no chance in this bloody red state.

I think I saw wsb interviewing Handel and then Oxendine and he just sounded like a whiner, calling Handel a liar. I never liked listening to him before he decided to run, and like him even less now. How can you bash someone because they believe in people's rights and freedoms? I watched Roy Barnes and DuBose Porter last week and it seemed like Barnes agreed with everything DuBose Porter said. I like Handel and I like DuBose Porter. I have almost always voted Democrat (yes, I'm not afraid to admit it), but I like to look at all the candidates, watch their faces, their eyes, how they look when the other people are speaking, do they have their own ideas or do they just agree with everything everyone else says, or do they always attack the other party. You just have to get a feeling for who you think is the most sincere and will stick to their guns and really cares about our state and our country.

I agree with you on this. It's funny, and my husband was just teasing me about this... I used to be a total, outright, raging liberal. I only voted a straight D ticket. It's been the last 3 or 4 years I have turned conservative. Not to say that I only vote straight R tickets now, but in the last elections I have come pretty close. My husband, who has always been conservative, finds it funny that I am now more conservative than he is.

And, he just told me (jokingly) that he has never gotten stuck in an elevator, so Oxendine had to something right, even if he did have to wait awhile for one on occasion. He might vote for him. :rolleyes: I told him no. :lol:

Newsjunky - did you pick up (well, spend a $1 for) the Voter Guide? I think they did a great job and it's very informative - just TINY print for these old eyes today!

--

You said it very well. A tv ad for Ox says something about us "not being able to trust Handel" about gay rights. The implication is that OX would keep us safe from gays. The hell? He's playing to the homophobic crowd who think that straight people will "turn gay" if Handel is elected. Or that extending citizens' rights to -- CITIZENS is somehow wrong.

There's a reason that OX's campaign seems like the work of small-minded bigots. They are small-minded bigots!

I'll reassert my contention that people who have it out for gays are essentially "peeping toms". They need to visualize the kind of sex that other people are having. It's a new century and people should have learned by now just to mind their own business regarding personal matters that affect no one else. Otherwise, doesn't it stand to reason that if gay folks are allowed fewer rights, then they should not have to pay the same taxes as those citizens who get a full set of rights.

At a restaurant, one person gets a full meal with dessert, another person gets just a salad and no dessert - they shouldn't get the same bill! In this country, citizenship is supposed to be more like a buffet. You don't say to one customer, "help youself to the buffet -- but no bread and no dessert!" The customers pays the same thing, so they should all be awarded the full buffet. Otherwise, it's unfair discrimination against those who don't get what should be due to them.

Great analogy!!

The negative and mud slinging ads do not necessarily influence who I vote FOR but it sure does influence who I vote AGAINST - the one doing the mud slinging.

Since the GOP primary will essentially decide the next governor, I sincerely hope Handel wins. But they all just suck sooooooo bad.

I've backed David Poythress, but he stands no shot against Roy Barnes, who in turn stands no chance in this bloody red state.

I think I like Porter just a very little bit more than Poythress and both just a bit better than Barnes ... but on Porter and Poythress, I'm a waffling. But I can't vote for any of them and vote for post commissioner and DA because those races are being decided in the GOP primary.

I would, however, suggest that the Democrat does stand a chance against one of those in GOP.

Why?

Becuase a lot of the feeling out there is throw the bastards out ... and that means incumbents. In Georgia, the incumbents are Republican.

pubby

--

I don't know if it's just me but Oxendine seems a bit effeminate. I wonder if he's hiding something

I think I'm going with Handel. Deal doesn't interest me (career politician, endorsed by Gingrich), and Oxendine seems to be a bit of a nut from what I hear. I like Johnson, but I think I like Handel a little bit better.

I wouldn't vote for Barnes for dog-catcher. The other Dems look blah to me, except for Thurbert Baker. I considered crossing over and voting for him; he's been a pretty good AG and isn't too off-the-wall on issues (although he is a good bit more liberal than I). I note that he also has Bill Clinton's endorsement, although I doubt that's going to help him much. Too bad.

I don't trust Oxendine and Deal as far as I can throw 'em. I will ALMOST vote for Barnes over either of them...ALMOST. Please don't let it come to THAT choice!

I've been waivering between Handel and Johnson. I was leaning toward Johnson, but after the debates, I really like Handel better. Johnson claims to be strong on ethics and appears to have a strong Christian faith, which is important to me...but he has been a leader in the GA legislature so long, I think he may be too establishment and same old same old that I DON'T want anymore. He's very supportive of the Rep Party and is blaming the Dems and Obama in Washington, but the Reps in Washington can't shift complete blame. Handel doesn't seem AS rooted in the establishment, but doesn't have the experience. I will probably vote for Handel but will be fine with Johnson, just please please don't make me have to choose between Oxendine or Deal and Barnes.

Newsjunky - did you pick up (well, spend a $1 for) the Voter Guide? I think they did a great job and it's very informative - just TINY print for these old eyes today!

I did pick it up and I spoke to one of the original 5 folks who started the TEA Party here in Georgia. He said you will not find an endorsement for anyone by the Tea Party in that voter guide. I had to give him my opinion of the recent ones by the NRA, one of them being Mr. Harry Reid. I found out this morning that the NRA does not endorse anyone who is not an incumbent. The person has to have some kind of voting record. It explains a recent one that I got in the mail, even though that person had only been in the legislature for a few days.

Oh, I think he's hiding a lot. He seems like an Eddie Haskell type to me, but I doubt he's homosexual.

Well, if he had any sense, I wouldn't care if he was openly gay. In fact, I'd vote for an openly gay conservative (smaller government, lower taxes, personal responsibility) any day of the week over a milquetoast moderate who wants the same ol' same ol'. (Love the Eddie Haskell line. heh)

On the Dem side I think I like Porter the best. The guy exudes confidence and seems to know his stuff. And he seems fairly moderate. Still...all the Dems are scaring me by echoing a little too much Obama-speak

I usually lean Republican, and I suspect I will end up voting that way again. I'm pretty shocked though at the ugly smear campaigns that are coming out of that camp. Frankly, the negative adds make me want to vote for Handel as a "screw you" to the other Republicans. I was probably leaning toward her anyway.

Oxendine needs to learn to speak like a man. Really!

I think I like Porter just a very little bit more than Poythress and both just a bit better than Barnes ... but on Porter and Poythress, I'm a waffling. But I can't vote for any of them and vote for post commissioner and DA because those races are being decided in the GOP primary.

I would, however, suggest that the Democrat does stand a chance against one of those in GOP.

Why?

Becuase a lot of the feeling out there is throw the bastards out ... and that means incumbents. In Georgia, the incumbents are Republican.

pubby

That would be good,but Pubby Purdues term is up so he has to go. There is no incumbent by default,so who do we throw out?ninja.gif

Has anyone else seen this mailer? I can't find on it who sent it. It was probably one of the meanest & down right nastiest one I have seen.blush.gif

That would be good,but Pubby Purdues term is up so he has to go. There is no incumbent by default,so who do we throw out?ninja.gif

Has anyone else seen this mailer? I can't find on it who sent it. It was probably one of the meanest & down right nastiest one I have seen.blush.gif

From what I have been reading on here, I don't think anyone knows who sent it. I want to see it though. Or maybe I don't. It will probably make me angry, and fill my whole yard up with Handel signs!