Paulding.com

PCSO Deputy charged with obstruction

[flash=600,400]http://www.paulding.com/arrests/hustonarrested1.swf[/flash]

UPDATED RELEASE CORRECTS FELONY OBSTRUCTION TO READ MISDEMEANOR OBSTRUCTION:

(Paulding County, GA) The Paulding County Sheriff’s Office was called to the
residence (88 Bethnal Way Douglasville, Paulding County, GA 30134) of Patric Huston,
a 36 year old off duty Paulding County deputy, late Saturday night in reference to a
domestic dispute. Huston was taken into custody and eventually charged with
Obstruction of Justice. The Georgia Bureau of Investigations (GBI) is investigating the
allegations of a domestic dispute and could file additional charges.

The Paulding County Sheriff’s SWAT team and Crisis Negotiations Team responded to
the scene to help resolve the situation as safely as possible. There were reports that he
was armed and had made threats to harm himself. Huston eventually exited the house
and surrendered peacefully to deputies.

The Paulding County Sheriff’s Office has also launched an internal affairs investigation
in to this incident. Huston, a 9 year veteran of the Paulding County Sheriff’s Office, has
been placed on administrative leave without pay pending the outcome of that
investigation and the GBI’s criminal investigation. He is currently being held in the
Paulding County Detention Center without bond.

-30-

Click for RECENT TOPICS click for RECENT TOPICS click for RECENT TOPICS

his ex-wife has been my BFF for 28 years. This is NOT a suprise. Not at all. I'm just thankful she is rid of him. Frankly, The fact that he was ever allowed to be a police officer is troubling. That is all I will say on this matter.

Thanks for posting this...looks like he and Damon Evans are in the same ballpark....but we must remember that we are all individuals, and responsible for our actions.

Both out of a job, however, Evans got a little better bonus.

none should be happy about this. This a-hole has 2 small children who will be affected greatly by this.

I was thinking the same thing about Damon Evans' children also. Can you imagine everyone you know talking about what your dad did and it being all over the news on tv that your dad had the woman's red underwear in his lap or hands or whatever. The kids always get caught in the middle.

none should be happy about this. This a-hole has 2 small children who will be affected greatly by this.

My apologies. I was simply referring to those who wanted the information published.

• Like 1

What a shame. I hope that this family and this officer seeks help. Alcohol and domestic violence know absolutely no boundaries. We should pray for their future and their recovery, not marvel at the spectacle.

• Like 3

there has been an update:

The GBI corrected the charges to state that it was misdemeanor obstruction charges against the officer.

(Paulding County, GA) The Paulding County Sheriff’s Office was called to the

residence (88 Bethnal Way Douglasville, Paulding County, GA 30134) of Patric Huston,

a 36 year old off duty Paulding County deputy, late Saturday night in reference to a

domestic dispute. Huston was taken into custody and eventually charged with

Obstruction of Justice. The Georgia Bureau of Investigations (GBI) is investigating the

allegations of a domestic dispute and could file additional charges.

The Paulding County Sheriff’s SWAT team and Crisis Negotiations Team responded to

the scene to help resolve the situation as safely as possible. There were reports that he

was armed and had made threats to harm himself. Huston eventually exited the house

and surrendered peacefully to deputies.

The Paulding County Sheriff’s Office has also launched an internal affairs investigation

in to this incident. Huston, a 9 year veteran of the Paulding County Sheriff’s Office, has

been placed on administrative leave without pay pending the outcome of that

investigation and the GBI’s criminal investigation. He is currently being held in the

Paulding County Detention Center without bond.

-30-

I was very shocked by this. I have know Pat for 9 years. worked with him, and he was always a outstanding officer. And a great person from what I knew. Something must have happened in his life, or either he was a totally different person away from work. Praying that he can get his life in order from here on out. Prayers for his children too.

his ex-wife has been my BFF for 28 years. This is NOT a suprise. Not at all. I'm just thankful she is rid of him. Frankly, The fact that he was ever allowed to be a police officer is troubling. That is all I will say on this matter.

I would say why don't you talk about something you know something about but then I realized you know noithing.......Grow up and join the real world..You know the one where (real) people make mistakes because it's apparent to me you live in miss perfect world...You apparentlly are the one who would throw the first stone...Very quick to jump on the wagon to bash people.....You didn't state the facts....1. resantally divorced..2.never gets to spend time with his children.3.has to deal with a very needy ex-wife...Who looks stupid here you for posting this or Your best friend his ex-wife for staying married to him for so long ? Patrick is a great guy, good officer, great friend ,awsome father,terffic boyfriend...

Edited by Tracy1234

I would say why don't you talk about something you know something about but then I realized you know noithing.......Grow up and join the real world..You know the one where (real) people make mistakes because it's apparent to me you live in miss perfect world...You apparentlly are the one who would throw the first stone...Very quick to jump on the wagon to bash people.....You didn't state the facts....1. resantally divorced..2.never gets to spend time with his children.3.has to deal with a very needy ex-wife...Who looks stupid here you for posting this or Your best friend his ex-wife for staying married to him for so long ? Patrick is a great guy, good officer, great friend ,awsome father,terffic boyfriend...If you need to say anything elese here is my #770-262-9717 call me...

HAHHAHAHAHA!! OK! I didn't state any facts because I care enough about my friend to not air her dirty laundry on a community website. Please, take you childish rants elsewhere. i'm assuming you are his girl friend? I wish you luck in your relationship with him. It's not necessary for me to argue back..I can only assume that in due time you will see. Please don't stand by and wait for my call. I have a life you see.

Edited by Deputy Barney Fife

I would say why don't you talk about something you know something about but then I realized you know noithing.......Grow up and join the real world..You know the one where (real) people make mistakes because it's apparent to me you live in miss perfect world...You apparentlly are the one who would throw the first stone...Very quick to jump on the wagon to bash people.....You didn't state the facts....1. resantally divorced..2.never gets to spend time with his children.3.has to deal with a very needy ex-wife...Who looks stupid here you for posting this or Your best friend his ex-wife for staying married to him for so long ? Patrick is a great guy, good officer, great friend ,awsome father,terffic boyfriend...If you need to say anything elese here is my #770-262-9717 call me...

Didn't really sound like she was talking to you.

You know a good mother will make sure that they shelter their children from certin things...This beeing one of them.....Just because you and your friend have anger issues with Patrick doesn't mean you have to bring the children in on it..This is where you become a adult and let all good things come out of your mouth (If that is at all possible).Good luck to boyfriend Andy you have a lot to deal with.....

Edited by Deputy Barney Fife

I feel like doing some prank calling :pardon:

HAHHAHAHAHA!! OK! I didn't state any facts because I care enough about my friend to not air her dirty laundry on a community website. Please, take you childish rants elsewhere. i'm assuming you are his girl friend? I wish you luck in your relationship with him. It's not necessary for me to argue back..I can only assume that in due time you will see. Please don't stand by and wait for my call. I have a life you see.

What a pathedic life you have ! and there again talking about something you know nothing about...This is not his girlfriend.....I am a TRUE friend of patricks that has known him for about 15 years......See when the truth comes out you are like a little mouse that runs away....

:unsure:

do you two know each other?

NOPE! I have been friends with the ex-wife a very long time. We still speak ocassionally but not very often. In my first response to this topic I was going on things I have witnessed first hand about the officer. Not hearsay from anyone. I think the angry poster is thinking that I have some sort of play in this whole situation. I know VERY LITTLE about any of it. I have yet to even talk to the ex since this whole thing happened. I was just going on what my friend has told me in the past & things I have witnessed first hand. I never said he was guilty, I just said i'm not suprised.

I thought I read somewhere on pcom that it was mainly for adults, but after reading some of the posts that I've seen lately, I'm beginning to wonder.

I may have to log out for awhile. The Hills finale is on tonight and I will be overdramafied and unable to watch it.

It seems to be an epidemic :pardon:

ETA: You pregnant women run in packs too, don't ya?

It's beginning to look that way. This being my first I'm thrilled about being in the pregnant women pack!! There will also be 5 babies born in my family this year! :yahoo: