Paulding.com

Post 3 commissioners race

A lot of discussion has centered around the Post 2 and post 4 Races, And rarely if ever has anything been posted about the post 3 race, And I thought it would be nice to have a little debate about this race SO what ya got?

A lot of discussion has centered around the Post 2 and post 4 Races, And rarely if ever has anything been posted about the post 3 race, And I thought it would be nice to have a little debate about this race SO what ya got?

Just go ahead and tell us about all the "whisper campaigns" on Vernon Collett. That's where ya headed anyhow. :rolleyes:

Just go ahead and tell us about all the "whisper campaigns" on Vernon Collett. That's where ya headed anyhow. :rolleyes:

Nothing to whisper about. Tommie's record speaks for itself.

I know Mr. Collett's family and think they are fine folks. But I also believe that Tommie has earned my vote from the job he has done the last two years.

Evidently we just have more good people in Post 2 than the rest of the county because Tommie had a really fine person running against him last time too.

BTW, I have been meaning to say: Reagan Republican MY ASS. :lol:

I know Mr. Collett's family and think they are fine folks. But I also believe that Tommie has earned my vote from the job he has done the last two years.

Evidently we just have more good people in Post 2 than the rest of the county because Tommie had a really fine person running against him last time too.

Both men have impeccable reputations I hear. However, anyone with an "I" next to their name this round will have they're work cut out.

Both men have impeccable reputations I hear. However, anyone with an "I" next to their name this round will have they're work cut out.

Hopefully the majority of the voters will cast an educated vote. Collett might make a fine commissioner but I feel that Tommie has his finger on the pulse of this area and we have a lot going on around here over the next three years with the East Hiram Parkway about to begin construction.

Here is Tommie Graham's web site

http://tommiegraham.com/

I watch Paulding today since I am not able to attend the commissioners meeting and every meeting it seems that Tommie has a lot of questions before he votes on issues coming before the board, I really like a person that ask questions on the issues,And has a clear understanding on what he is voting on.

Thank you Tommie Graham for balancing the budget this year without a proposed millage rate increase.

It has been years since we have not had a tax increase in some form :yahoo:

Yes Tommie has a record,he was the president of the home builders assoc. Now if that isn't leaving the chicken coop guarded by the fox. After all we do need someone who likes spending other peoples money like he said at the republican party meeting. But hey these same people will say that they hate what the building industry has done. So let's vote someone in who is in the mix. :wacko:

Yes Tommie has a record,he was the president of the home builders assoc. Now if that isn't leaving the chicken coop guarded by the fox. After all we do need someone who likes spending other peoples money like he said at the republican party meeting. But hey these same people will say that they hate what the building industry has done. So let's vote someone in who is in the mix. :wacko:

Animal:

From my reading of your politics over the years including your unquestioned support for Jerry Shearin, if what you say is true about Tommie Graham, you would be supporting him, wouldn't you?

But is obvious you don't support him. Says a lot to me.

Folks, Animal has a record as well. He earned the name animal for being pretty much a political animal for the Jerry Shearin campaign in 2004 and 2008.

It think it is fair to say he was indefatigable soldier for the Shearin campaigns in 2004 and 2008. Since he wouldn't be making these kinds of charges against those whom he supports, whom he supports is probably gives a pretty good view of the political landscape.

pubby

Animal:

From my reading of your politics over the years including your unquestioned support for Jerry Shearin, if what you say is true about Tommie Graham, you would be supporting him, wouldn't you?

Folks, Animal has a record as well. He earned the name animal for being pretty much a political animal for the Jerry Shearin campaign in 2004 and 2008.

It think it is fair to say he was indefatigable soldier for the Shearin campaigns in 2004 and 2008. Since he wouldn't be making these kinds of charges against those whom he supports, whom he supports is probably gives a pretty good view of the political landscape.

pubby

WOW, I'm going back to facebook.

Man Animal, Since Jerry lost the guy that had his arm stuck up his @$$ he is really coming up with some stupid strategies. Trying to link all of his hand picked candidate's opponents to the building industry. Just who is advising Jerry these days? Ithy?

Tommie's record speaks for itself. Anyone that wants to see what kind of commissioner Tommie Graham will be can simply look at how he has conducted himself the last two years.

Animal:

pubby

Pubby, everything I know about Animal says to me that he is a loyal friend and a fierce campaigner. I have chosen to support one candidate in one election and another when that candidate runs in the next election. All I can say is that if I am ever in any kind of competition or trouble I would like to have this person watching my back!JMO

Pubby, everything I know about Animal says to me that he is a loyal friend and a fierce campaigner. I have chosen to support one candidate in one election and another when that candidate runs in the next election. All I can say is that if I am ever in any kind of competition or trouble I would like to have this person watching my back!JMO

I agree. It's just a shame that he chooses to lay with low lifes.

Have you been out of the country or something for the last two years? Tommie's record of voting as a fiscal conservative and for the interests of the citizens over the interests of the RBMD's ®Shurpip has been impeccable. One of his first acts was to make poor ol' Don Powell declare "I've been screwed". You gotta love that.

Tommie has my vote.

Have you been out of the country or something for the last two years? Tommie's record of voting as a fiscal conservative and for the interests of the citizens over the interests of the RBMD's ®Shurpip has been impeccable. One of his first acts was to make poor ol' Don Powell declare "I've been screwed". You gotta love that.

Tommie has my vote.

I'm thinking it was Wayne Kirby.

Regardless it was a great moment in Paulding County history.

As I recall, it was Kirby, and he was fuming over shelving the Burnt Hickory Fire Station until the square footage pricing could be re-negotiated to be more in line with what we had spent on the other fire stations instead of "rubber-stamping" and approving it just because.

They came back a couple of months later with a much better price for the same basic square footage.

Yes, that was a classic moment in BOC history.

After Kirby said he guess he was screwed, I believe Don Powell leaned into the mike and said something along the lines of "I know exactly how you feel", referring to the number of times he had been outvoted in the past.ninja.gifdrinks.gif

As I recall, it was Kirby, and he was fuming over shelving the Burnt Hickory Fire Station until the square footage pricing could be re-negotiated to be more in line with what we had spent on the other fire stations instead of "rubber-stamping" and approving it just because.

They came back a couple of months later with a much better price for the same basic square footage.

Yes, that was a classic moment in BOC history.

After Kirby said he guess he was screwed, I believe Don Powell leaned into the mike and said something along the lines of "I know exactly how you feel", referring to the number of times he had been outvoted in the past.ninja.gifdrinks.gif

I would like to have that video set to the old Rolling Stones spiritual YOU CAN'T ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU WANT. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Watching on TV...it is evident that Tommie ask questions....but folks, some of them are the stupid side, that the speaker has just mentioned. In front of Tommie is everything he needs to know...he just wants to justify his seat. Now on the other end of the table is Mr. Ragsdale, who has two issues, PCHS traffic light, and motion to adjourn and the first one out of his seat. Next time just watch the show...also reminds me of the comedy channel...and I guess I pay for the franchise fee to watch it repeated 400 times....

I know what Tommie Graham is capable of (by the way, the only stupid question is the question that is never asked). Exactly what is it that Mr. Collett is proposing that is supposed to be so superior to what Tommie is doing? Instead of trying to make Mr. Collett look good by trying to make Tommie look bad (which always backfires), why don't you try selling me your candidate on his own merits. I am assuming that he has an idea of what he wants to do???

• Like 1

Watching on TV...it is evident that Tommie ask questions....but folks, some of them are the stupid side, that the speaker has just mentioned. ...he just wants to justify his seat. Now on the other end of the table is Mr. Ragsdale, who has two issues, PCHS traffic light, and motion to adjourn and the first one out of his seat. Next time just watch the show...also reminds me of the comedy channel...and I guess I pay for the franchise fee to watch it repeated 400 times....

Oh wow, you're right. Making thoughtful, informed decisions on behalf of those you represent and with whose money you've been entrusted is a terrible approach! What could Mr. Graham possibly be thinking?

Generally, re-stating information you've already been given can also be called verification or confirmation that you've heard and understood correctly, or for the purpose of clarifying all or part of that information.

When you say he wants to justify his seat, are you saying it's not justified? That a certain portion of the county's residents don't deserve or need representation at the county level ? If not, then your statement is nonsense - it isn't up to Tommie to justify his seat. He didn't create it nor to my knowledge is it in jeopardy of being eliminated if he fails to ask an arbitrary number of questions at each board meeting.

Small wonder you weren't injured. That was quite a stretch.

Oh wow, you're right. Making thoughtful, informed decisions on behalf of those you represent and with whose money you've been entrusted is a terrible approach! What could Mr. Graham possibly be thinking?

Generally, re-stating information you've already been given can also be called verification or confirmation that you've heard and understood correctly, or for the purpose of clarifying all or part of that information.

When you say he wants to justify his seat, are you saying it's not justified? That a certain portion of the county's residents don't deserve or need representation at the county level ? If not, then your statement is nonsense - it isn't up to Tommie to justify his seat. He didn't create it nor to my knowledge is it in jeopardy of being eliminated if he fails to ask an arbitrary number of questions at each board meeting.

Small wonder you weren't injured. That was quite a stretch.

And maybe save the county a couple of thousand dollars here and there by asking those questions.

Tommie has been a breath of fresh air on the BOC and needs to stay in office.

• Like 1

I know what Tommie Graham is capable of (by the way, the only stupid question is the question that is never asked). Exactly what is it that Mr. Collett is proposing that is supposed to be so superior to what Tommie is doing? Instead of trying to make Mr. Collett look good by trying to make Tommie look bad (which always backfires), why don't you try selling me your candidate on his own merits. I am assuming that he has an idea of what he wants to do???

Tommie Grahams record as a commissioner speaks for itself, He has saved the tax payers of this County hundreds of thousands of dollars, By asking the hard questions at the commissioner meetings, And opposing some of the tax and spend commissioners pet projects.

Tommie Graham walks like he talks.

• 2 weeks later...

Animal:

pubby

Pubby I sure thank you for the review,now just bite me grrrrrr-grrrrrrrrr

I voted for Tommy. He and Bill Heath are the only Incumbents that I voted for . Tommy has done a decent job and tends to listen to others concerns. He is also one of the few folks in this county that have actively created an industrial tax base. We will sink as a county if some more people don't do the same.

I will say that that Collett has impressed me and that I don't feel that we will be hurting if he gets elected.

For once, I actually had two good choices.

I voted for Tommy. He and Bill Heath are the only Incumbents that I voted for . Tommy has done a decent job and tends to listen to others concerns. He is also one of the few folks in this county that have actively created an industrial tax base. We will sink as a county if some more people don't do the same.

I will say that that Collett has impressed me and that I don't feel that we will be hurting if he gets elected.

For once, I actually had two good choices.

Oh so true. Tommie has been a true breath of fresh air on the commission. No rubber stamping, but instead asking the right questions and digging into what's what with the projects before approving them as presented.

He really has developed the end of Cadillac into the only NICE industrial/office park in the county, and would be a giant plus in helping to develop a joint venture sort of project along the railroad tracks adjacent to the stinky fields. I believe that is scheduled to get serious when the stinky fields are shut down sometime next month.

Tommie has the foresight to help steer Paulding into the future brining jobs to the county, and the RBMDs won't be able to buy him.

Oh so true. Tommie has been a true breath of fresh air on the commission. No rubber stamping, but instead asking the right questions and digging into what's what with the projects before approving them as presented.

Aren't you against property taxes? Tommie raised our taxes, but I'm sure you have a justifiable reason for that.

Aren't you against property taxes? Tommie raised our taxes, but I'm sure you have a justifiable reason for that.

Wrong.

The BOC last year raised the BOND payment millage rate in order to service the bonds for King Jerry's TajMahal Courthouse and Administration complex along with the Green Space property the voters approved 2 years ago.

Don't start spewing mis-information.

And remember King Jerry chose NOT to raise the millage rate in order to service the bonds the previous budget year because it was an election year, and he got caught trying to raise the rate without the public hearings as REQUIRED by law. Instead his staff requested Richardson twist some arms at the DOR to get us an exemption from having the public hearings. When that was rejected they chose instead to basically deplete the budget surplus account in order to pay the first years interest.

Get your stories straight please.

I believe that it was Wayne. My mistake. At any rate, Tommie has done nothing more or less than exactly what he promised and what we asked and that is to be a good steward of all of Paulding's tax dollars and make sure that the citizens of Paulding have a bright future when the recession turns around. Tommie is a good man with a good head on his shoulders and the interests of his constituents on his mind. He is not beholding to any one group or person as witnessed by his stealer voting record of supporting a diversified tax base and getting value for our tax dollar. We need 3 more of him.