Paulding.com

Lets see if things have changed - Election poll

152 members have voted

1. 1. Voters are being asked to renew the SPLOST (one cent sales tax). How are you leaning?

• Favor renewal of the SPLOST
    • Reject renewal of the SPLOST
    • Undecided
  2. 2. Do you plan to vote in the Republican or Democratic Primary?

• I plan to vote in the Republican Primary
    • I plan to vote in the Democratic Primary
  3. 3. Republican primary voters, who do you support for the GOP Nomination for District 19 House Seat?

• Daniel Stout (I)
    • Paulette Rakestraw Braddock
    • Steve R. Golden
    • Undecided
    • NA: not able to or will not vote in this contest
  4. 4. Republican primary voters will choose the next District Attorney. Who do you support for this office

• Chad Plumley
    • Drew Lane (I)
    • Dick Donovan
    • Undecided
  5. 5. Republican Primary voters within the various districts will choose the next Post 2 commissioner. Who do you support?

• Todd Pownall
    • Adam Gregory
    • Beverly Cochran
    • Undecided
  6. 6. Republican Primary voters within the various districts will choose the next Post 3 commissioner. Who do you support?

• Tommie Graham (I)
    • H.V. Collett II
    • Undecided
  7. 7. Republican Primary voters within the various districts will choose the next Post 4 commissioner. Who do you support?

• Jason Anavitarte
    • David Barnett
    • Earl Cosgrove
    • Tony Crowe
    • Undecided
  8. 8. Overall, are you happy with the candidates running in the Republican primary?

• Yes, there is at least one good choice in each ra
    • Yes, there are several races with two or more good candidates
    • No - Some races have good candidates but in others, none are really great.
    • No, the choices are dismal
    • I don't know the candidates well enough to know if they're good.

Are we suppose to celebrate the extreme devaluation of our properties over the past three years?

Oh man you are a riot!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

And here I thought *I* was Mr Negative!

Did he say anything about celebrating it??? :wacko:

ROTFLMAOUIP!!!

:p

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Regan Republican   Since you were smart enough to post your name on a public web site Tom, And you want to belittle certain posters, I have a couple of questions to ask you?   A review of the tax

I see your point. My understanding is that the East Hiram Parkway is fully funded and some of the properties have been purchased.   I would prefer to vote on the SPLOST after the BOC has been elect

Why don't you just make it easy for all the pedophiles. Post a google map link to my house, then another one to my work, then tell everyone how many children I have at home. Jackass.

Are we suppose to celebrate the extreme devaluation of our properties over the past three years?

Well thank your buddy King Jerry and company, along with all the local banks and RBMDs who decided to build so much more than what we could support.

And yes, you are to celebrate the fact your property taxes will go down by whatever amount your assesment went down by. Money in your pocket.

Weren't you looking for tax cuts ? Well take the one you got and stuff it, and smile all the while.

Unless you are planning to cut and run and sell your place, you will save some bucks this year. That way you can afford to keep the SPLOST in place.

And thank David Austin for the reduction as well. The BOC could have raised the taxes to cover the budget shortfall instead of cutting the hell out of the budget.

Well thank your buddy King Jerry and company, along with all the local banks and RBMDs who decided to build so much more than what we could support.

And yes, you are to celebrate the fact your property taxes will go down by whatever amount your assesment went down by. Money in your pocket.

Weren't you looking for tax cuts ? Well take the one you got and stuff it, and smile all the while.

Unless you are planning to cut and run and sell your place, you will save some bucks this year. That way you can afford to keep the SPLOST in place.

And thank David Austin for the reduction as well. The BOC could have raised the taxes to cover the budget shortfall instead of cutting the hell out of the budget.

Yes, I'm sure the thousands of homeowners that are upside down in their mortgage our loving the decrease in their values. Unbelievable. Worse housing crash of all-time and you're jumping up and down.

Yes, I'm sure the thousands of homeowners that are upside down in their mortgage our loving the decrease in their values. Unbelievable. Worse housing crash of all-time and you're jumping up and down.

:rofl:

Hey, the value was coming down no matter what thanks to the idiots in Washington (of both parties). Might as well celebrate the little silver lining we get.

Actually they only cut 2.3 mil out of the 2011 proposed budget. 2mil of that came from capital projects in the M&O last year. Why we needed that when we have 12 million in SPLOST coming in each year, I don't know. Anyhow, they've really only cut 300k in the 2011 compared to 2010. Shouldn't be hard to find the additional $500k that Jason has called for. Gotta run, I think that's Tony Crowe calling me.

Actually they only cut 2.3 mil out of the 2011 proposed budget. 2mil of that came from capital projects in the M&O last year. Why we needed that when we have 12 million in SPLOST coming in each year, I don't know. Anyhow, they've really only cut 300k in the 2011 compared to 2010. Shouldn't be hard to find the additional $500k that Jason has called for. Gotta run, I think that's Tony Crowe calling me.

My assessment down 25%. and my property tax will go down accordingly. For 2007 and 2008 they went up 25% each year. So HELL yes I am glad. My house is kind of unique and would still fetch a decent price should I decide to sell it, which I have no interest in doing.

So should I be happy.....Yes. Hell, YES drinks.gif

And so should anyone complaining about taxes going up. The markets will eventually come back and values will float to a level appropriate to what the house is worth.

You are so worried about a .015 mill reduction as your buddy Jason has proposed which will do nothing but cut a few more jobs. Hell, Beverly's job alone was more than 10% of that [which still chaps my butt that an administrative position in local Paulding county was paying $65,000 a year plus benefits].

Austin and company have cut the budget to the bone, anticipating the reduced assessments. And you fault them for that ? I don't!

Get a grip and join the real world bud.

My assessment down 25%. and my property tax will go down accordingly. For 2007 and 2008 they went up 25% each year. So HELL yes I am glad. My house is kind of unique and would still fetch a decent price should I decide to sell it, which I have no interest in doing.

So should I be happy.....Yes. Hell, YES drinks.gif

And so should anyone complaining about taxes going up. The markets will eventually come back and values will float to a level appropriate to what the house is worth.

You are so worried about a .015 mill reduction as your buddy Jason has proposed which will do nothing but cut a few more jobs. Hell, Beverly's job alone was more than 10% of that [which still chaps my butt that an administrative position in local Paulding county was paying $65,000 a year plus benefits].

Austin and company have cut the budget to the bone, anticipating the reduced assessments. And you fault them for that ? I don't!

Get a grip and join the real world bud.

It's actually 0.15 mills but don't worry about the details because it's obviously all about you and your property.

Less the capital project line-item, they've only cut $300k from last year to this year. That's less than 1% in cuts. 0.60% to be exact. Not exactly cutting to the bone.

Anytime my taxes go DOWN, I do celebrate. Devaluation is great for buyers who can pick up extra real estate at cheaper prices. I for one love to buy houses...bunches and bunches of houses. Fix them up and make rentals out of them which will provide an income for my kids and grandkids for years to come. I don't have the nerve to fool with commercial properties though. I won't be selling any properties for the next few years though.

As far as this election goes, I pretty much am against the SPLOST and I don't like that guy named Jason Anavarte.

Anytime my taxes go DOWN, I do celebrate. Devaluation is great for buyers who can pick up extra real estate at cheaper prices. I for one love to buy houses...bunches and bunches of houses. Fix them up and make rentals out of them which will provide an income for my kids and grandkids for years to come. I don't have the nerve to fool with commercial properties though. I won't be selling any properties for the next few years though.

As far as this election goes, I pretty much am against the SPLOST and I don't like that guy named Jason Anavarte.

ECONOMICS 101: A decrease in the value of one's assets is a bad thing. :(

Looking at the two budgets, he cut 2.3 million from the general fund. He cut around 13 million from the entire budget from what I see.

Not sure I see the 2 million in capital in the general fund categories, can you give me category you are looking at? Thanks.

The SPLOST, by law, can only be used for Sheriff, E911, Fire, DOT and Parks and Rec since that is what the ballot listed when voted on. The Watson complex (aka Jerry's Palace) is not included in that, nor any capital costs associated with the county buildings downtown, vehicles not included in those dept, etc.

Why do smart buyers prefer stocks of good companies that have gone done in value? ( I like Tootsie Roll stock, it has paid dividens for decades and will continue to do so. Income Investors think long term. Buy and hold the stocks, get great dividends. the market has historically like dividend paying stocks better than non-dividend paying stocks.

Same for homes. Buy while they're cheep, hold them for at least 8 years, collect average rent and sell down the road when the prices go back up. Duh! Right now is a GREAT time to invest in homes in Paulding County. We're not talking slums either. Good newer homes are selling for tens of thousands below their value. Here's a fact. Our county is still one of the fastest growing in the State and people will need homes and you can rent a nice home cheaper than an apartment. When the market picks back up, you'll make a fortune. Think LOOOOONNNNGGG term.

Back to the election though. Which candidates will focus on job growth and bring industry to this county?

Looking at the two budgets, he cut 2.3 million from the general fund. He cut around 13 million from the entire budget from what I see.

Not sure I see the 2 million in capital in the general fund categories, can you give me category you are looking at? Thanks.

The SPLOST, by law, can only be used for Sheriff, E911, Fire, DOT and Parks and Rec since that is what the ballot listed when voted on. The Watson complex (aka Jerry's Palace) is not included in that, nor any capital costs associated with the county buildings downtown, vehicles not included in those dept, etc.

I'm only talking the general fund right now.

2010 M&O Budget - 53.7 mil

2011 M&O Budget - 51.4 mil

2010 Operating Transfer to CIP - $2,000,000 (Library, Reservoir, Airport)

2011 Operating Transfer to CIP - $0

2010 Non-Departmental Contingency - $1,019,746 (slush fund)

2011 Non-Departmental Contingency - $0

So you have 3 mil dollars of capital and slush fund projects in last year's budget which are not in this year's budget. Which means the actual payrolls and expenses of the departments are up $700k year over year. I think Jason is being generous on the BOC for only asking for $500k to be cut. :clapping:

Edited by Reagan Republican

Not necessarily. If you never got past economics 101 it might be, but had you continued and received a degree in economics you might see it differently.

Now is the time that smart investors are making smart investments. The devaluation is just on paper. The actual value of anything at any time is what someone is willing to pay for it. This is true unless you are borrowing (or owe) money on the property in which case some banker will tell you the value.

Once the dust has cleared I think we will see the value of houses down 20% to 30% from their all time high. Not that bad of a hit considering most of my properties saw around an 80% increase in value between 1995 and 2005.

Not necessarily. If you never got past economics 101 it might be, but had you continued and received a degree in economics you might see it differently.

Now is the time that smart investors are making smart investments. The devaluation is just on paper. The actual value of anything at any time is what someone is willing to pay for it. This is true unless you are borrowing (or owe) money on the property in which case some banker will tell you the value.

Once the dust has cleared I think we will see the value of houses down 20% to 30% from their all time high. Not that bad of a hit considering most of my properties saw around an 80% increase in value between 1995 and 2005.

Well let's cross our fingers and hope our houses lose another 20% next year! :wacko:

I'm only talking the general fund right now.

2010 M&O Budget - 53.7 mil

2011 M&O Budget - 51.4 mil

2010 Operating Transfer to CIP - $2,000,000 (Library, Reservoir, Airport)

2011 Operating Transfer to CIP - $0

2010 Non-Departmental Contingency - $1,019,746 (slush fund)

2011 Non-Departmental Contingency - $0

So you have 3 mil dollars of capital and slush fund projects in last year's budget which are not in this year's budget. Which means the actual payrolls and expenses of the departments are up $700k year over year. I think Jason is being generous on the BOC for only asking for $500k to be cut. :clapping:

I'm sorry but I never understood under what authority Jason is asking the BOC for this cut. Does he hold some position that I am not aware of?

Ok someone explain this to me,there is quite a few people that are against home builders but vote for ones that are connected. For example Tommie there use to be president of the home builders. Then there is Todd that is a realtor,and has an office. So why are some people for and against. To me the building industry supplied plenty of work & when it comes back it will roar.

Ok someone explain this to me,there is quite a few people that are against home builders but vote for ones that are connected. For example Tommie there use to be president of the home builders. Then there is Todd that is a realtor,and has an office. So why are some people for and against. To me the building industry supplied plenty of work & when it comes back it will roar.

Has less to do with builders and more to do with their connection to Shearin and his buddies.

Tommie SOLD building materials to anyone that would buy them. He wasn't in on pushing the cost of providing schools and fire stations so that Cousins and his partners could get fatter.

You know the answer. Stop playing dumb.

OK

My problem has never with the the home builders themselves, per se; but with the Developers.

And my reference to the developers, in general, as the ROBBER BARON MEGA DEVELOPERS is very much rooted in our US history going back to the Carnegies, Rockefellers, Sinclairs, etc.

They come in and take "Control", politically and financially. They manipulate the prices to suit them and using their own personal banks they churn up the land values with various schemes using very little cash of their own to purchase and develop the tracks.

You will never see them bidding against each other....they have already agreed on who will get to develop where.

Unfortunately for Paulding, these guys and their political puppets were SO GREEDY they put everything into the residential and some poorly planned commercial to offer food, goods, and services to those living in the bedroom/dormitory communities......but they had no interest in brining industrial developers into the picture because they could not control them AND there was no money in it for the RBMDs.

Hence, the major Metro Atlanta Industrial Developers stayed away.

Those who supplied goods to the builders locally, and those who sold the houses, as well as the builders themselves were simply performing a service and many of them have taken a beating with the house values dropping.

Tommie Graham used to be a partner, as I recall in Railroad Lumber, and then started Jeriel Supply at the end of cadillac. He sold out to one of the big building supply houses in Cobb long before things got tough. Then he developed the rest of the property at the end of Cadillac for Industrial sites, built the buildings, some of which he leases and some he sold. Some nice size operations with more than a handful of employees. I applaud him for taking the initiative to build spec buildings and then lease/sell them to manufacturers/warehousing operations.

If you will look closely at the properties left still building, like Palisades, they are the Nationwide builders like DR Horton. They don't buy local supplies or use local builders or even workers. Even their real estate agents are "In House". Their lumber, drywall, siding, roofing, even the landscaping comes in on trucks from central purchasing facilities no where near Paulding.

I am waiting to see who, ir any of the candidates show donations from the RBMDs on their July disclosures. I know some who have their support, and am just wondering if they will be honest with the disclosures or wait for the ones after the election to tell who gave them money.

Has less to do with builders and more to do with their connection to Shearin and his buddies.

Tommie SOLD building materials to anyone that would buy them. He wasn't in on pushing the cost of providing schools and fire stations so that Cousins and his partners could get fatter.

You know the answer. Stop playing dumb.

He sold building materials to anyone that would buy them?? :shok:

Animal:

They are not against home builders. They are against a much smaller, tight-knit group of people in the home-building/development/banking industry that dominated the local politics from about 1996 through 2008. They know that, throughout that time, this group was oriented toward using their influence with the county government arm twist some into giving sewerage to the favored group, to move loans from one bank to another allowing the owners of the first bank to sell it high ... and ultimately start a new institution where the 'good loans came home to roost;' to make sure that if there were a property that promised to be profitable that they could use the county to harangue the 'developer on the outs' using the power of the government to the point that the only alternative would be to sell to the 'developer on in the ins' who could then have all the roadblocks set up by the county to the development removed.

Those are examples of the allegations made of how this small group of influential individuals manipulated the 'local market' to their advantage.

In short, that group, the allegation goes, was a selfish, self-dealing group of individuals whom few inside or outside the building industry want to return to control the reins of the county.

Indeed, there were many within the industry that were just as disgusted with these alleged goings-on as the most vocal opponents here.

So, the important thing, animal, is that it is not builders or developers in general that are the concern, but rather a cadre of builders and developers, etc. that used the power of government to assure their prosperity sometimes at the expense of others.

pubby

Just some news.

I found out who Surepip and Whitey are.

Surepip is Thad Morrison III

Whitey is Mr.

Coggins

So now let them stand behind thier real name!!! Just an FYI to all those who like to know who they are speaking to.

Just some news.

Whitey is Mr.

So now let them stand behind thier real name!!! Just an FYI to all those who like to know who they are speaking to.

This post won't stay up long.

Just some news.

Whitey is Mr.

The election results will thrill some of us and disappoint some of us. By the way, my name is Sue...how do you do?

Just some news.

Whitey is Mr.

As you can see, many of us are known here on Pcom. ;)

JohnnyJ is Johnny Jacobs. :lol:

And all are Democrats who like to influence which Republican wins. And in this election, all the Democrats on PCOM like Whitey and SurePip want Tommie Graham, David Barnett, and Todd Pownall to win the republican primary. Just what Paulding needs, a bunch of Obama voters picking our county commissioners. :nea:

Correction. SurePip is not a Democrat or a Republican. He's just a pain in the rear.

Just some news.

Whitey is Mr.

The real identities of these folks is well known and has been known for some time. It is no secret and that is why it won't be removed.

FYI: I've known both men for years by both their screen names and real names. Heck, I've known surepip for about 20 years.

However, I don't know you.

So, since you're so eager to publish their real names in these forums and feel that knowing folks by the real name is such an important element, why didn't you choose your own name for your user name. Heck, it is not too late :)

Heck, of course you can keep your bpp12 (anything to do with British Petroleum???) moniker and just say (Like me) hey, I'm pubby - aka: publisher, aka G.Patton Hughes, aka: Pat Hughes and aka: George P. Hughes ...

Or you can distance yourself from BP and just change your screen name to your real name.

pubby

And all are Democrats who like to influence which Republican wins. And in this election, all the Democrats on PCOM like Whitey and SurePip want Tommie Graham, David Barnett, and Todd Pownall to win the republican primary. Just what Paulding needs, a bunch of Obama voters picking our county commissioners. :nea:

Whitey may be a Democrat but Surepip surely isn't.

He was at the GOP rally Saturday promoting the Republican Mr. Black who is running for Ag. Commissioner - materially aiding his campaign - and said he did four years ago (when there was a Democrat incumbent.)

pubby

Whitey may be a Democrat but Surepip surely isn't.

He was at the GOP rally Saturday promoting the Republican Mr. Black who is running for Ag. Commissioner - materially aiding his campaign - and said he did four years ago (when there was a Democrat incumbent.)

pubby

Which means he'll set aside his Democrat Party loyalty when his own financial interests are at hand.

• Like 1

Just what Paulding needs, a bunch of Obama voters picking our county commissioners. :nea:

Wow, I didn't know that their influence was so great that they could PICK our county commissioners!! :rofl:

If Surepip's influence was that great, I'd be willing to bet his case would have gone to court long ago! :lol:

However, fact is that there are no Democratic challengers in many of the races, so this is the only vote that counts. Why should they not have just as much right to campaign for their selected candidate as anyone does?

Wow, I didn't know that their influence was so great that they could PICK our county commissioners!! :rofl:

If Surepip's influence was that great, I'd be willing to bet his case would have gone to court long ago! :lol:

However, fact is that there are no Democratic challengers in many of the races, so this is the only vote that counts. Why should they not have just as much right to campaign for their selected candidate as anyone does?

I don't want the guy STOUT to win, (his sexual relationship with his mother in law is the reason why)

I don't want Jason to win, his vote for spousal benefits for same-sex couple while he was in Doraville is why!

Also, I don't want Beverly to win (her past association with King Jerry is the reason why. )So, It's not that I'm for a particular candidate, I'm just against these two...

Also, I'd like to recall all of the school board, but apparently there are many voters who love those lying, cheating, lowdown, crooked dirty dogs.

Edited by Angel Eyes

I don't want the guy Jason Anavarte to win, (his sexual relationship with his mother in law is the reason why)

Hahahaha....you have the wrong guy ... you're talking about another candidate ;

Just some news.

Whitey is Mr.

Well DUH!

That must have been hard to determine since Surepip is a copyrighted logo and trade name registered to Moi!

And Agro Environmental Systems, Inc. I have never "hidden" behind my Avatar. I even have it on an old license plate.

And just what is YOUR agenda?

Just some news.

Whitey is Mr.

I have to assume you are part of Ithy and RR's group since you just joined last month....just in time for the elections. Are you a paying member ?

Now, are you going to step forward and identify yourself ?

I have to assume you are part of Ithy and RR's group since you just joined last month....just in time for the elections. Are you a paying member ?

Now, are you going to step forward and identify yourself ?

Yes surepip, everyone that doesn't like you is part of the ITHY/JERRY conspiracy. I think they're even tapping your phones. :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: