Paulding.com

Lets see if things have changed - Election poll

152 members have voted

1. 1. Voters are being asked to renew the SPLOST (one cent sales tax). How are you leaning?

• Favor renewal of the SPLOST
    • Reject renewal of the SPLOST
    • Undecided
  2. 2. Do you plan to vote in the Republican or Democratic Primary?

• I plan to vote in the Republican Primary
    • I plan to vote in the Democratic Primary
  3. 3. Republican primary voters, who do you support for the GOP Nomination for District 19 House Seat?

• Daniel Stout (I)
    • Paulette Rakestraw Braddock
    • Steve R. Golden
    • Undecided
    • NA: not able to or will not vote in this contest
  4. 4. Republican primary voters will choose the next District Attorney. Who do you support for this office

• Chad Plumley
    • Drew Lane (I)
    • Dick Donovan
    • Undecided
  5. 5. Republican Primary voters within the various districts will choose the next Post 2 commissioner. Who do you support?

• Todd Pownall
    • Adam Gregory
    • Beverly Cochran
    • Undecided
  6. 6. Republican Primary voters within the various districts will choose the next Post 3 commissioner. Who do you support?

• Tommie Graham (I)
    • H.V. Collett II
    • Undecided
  7. 7. Republican Primary voters within the various districts will choose the next Post 4 commissioner. Who do you support?

• Jason Anavitarte
    • David Barnett
    • Earl Cosgrove
    • Tony Crowe
    • Undecided
  8. 8. Overall, are you happy with the candidates running in the Republican primary?

• Yes, there is at least one good choice in each ra
    • Yes, there are several races with two or more good candidates
    • No - Some races have good candidates but in others, none are really great.
    • No, the choices are dismal
    • I don't know the candidates well enough to know if they're good.

I am sorry that you did not understand my response?

To sum up my answer, The, present administration, Has already given back to the tax payers Millions of dollars in tax cuts this year, If only the tax bills would come out before the election(Are you listening David Austin)?

Why trade that for a few cents a day? I think Jason made a major mistake with the “press release

In other words you support tax and budget cuts,

AND you oppose slightly deeper tax and budget cuts ???

:blink: :blink: :blink:

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Regan Republican   Since you were smart enough to post your name on a public web site Tom, And you want to belittle certain posters, I have a couple of questions to ask you?   A review of the tax

I see your point. My understanding is that the East Hiram Parkway is fully funded and some of the properties have been purchased.   I would prefer to vote on the SPLOST after the BOC has been elect

Why don't you just make it easy for all the pedophiles. Post a google map link to my house, then another one to my work, then tell everyone how many children I have at home. Jackass.

Not surprising that an Obama supporter would be against returning $500k back to the taxpayers.

What does Obama have to do with King Jerry administration and the years of corruption by RBMD and the local GOP bosses?

Sorry charlie, your posts don't make sense.

I am here. I do not have a candidate and do not live in the Post. I was just giving my opinion from an outside point of view and as someone who knows you personally I thought I would rag you a little!! HA-HA! Seems to have gotten you worked up, LOL. That is a joke! rolleyes.gif

I have seen where you have stated that $150 to Mr. Gregory. Boy if he wins an election on $150 compared to the $500-$1000 that the Developers and Real Estate Agencies and the current administration gave to Mr. Pownall, then I need him to budget my check book. LOL. It is $150 man, let it go.

Since when did we say that who gave to a campaign that means they work for them, if that was the case then that means that David Austin and Tommie Graham work for the developers because all of them received money in thier campaigns from them....HMMMM???? Hell my cousin gave Mr. Pownall a discount on billboards due to his connections with builders. glare.gif

I also saw in another post where you said that Mr. Pownall had no connections to the past administration, boy he sure as hell does to this one. Ran Don Powell's campaign treasurer, David Austins campaign, and Van Westbrook. Wonder whos pocket or vote he'll be in? Just a thought. The past is the past but the now is now and seems like there is a cou being formed.

Be careful before you condemn because of association or knowing someone for it will come back to bite your people. Could it be that he accepted the donation because he has less money than anyone running and is trying to raise all he can from people that know him from him being GOP Chair?? Just maybe?

Why don't you email him and ask him at adam@gregory2010.com

Just my opinion.

Thanks!

No need to e-mail Adam, Iknow what his connections to Jerry is, And so does Animal, heck anyone that has followed the local elections for the past twelve years can connect the dots. between the old guard and the new guard, I would certaintly hope that Austin would want someone elected that would support his agenda of being a fiscal conservative, Rather that the tax and spend of the old guard.

Thanks for putting my name back out there, It may come in handy some day if I decide to run for a local office :D

Does this mean that you accept the invitation to meet with tom,animal,you,thad, Chris etc.

What does Obama have to do with King Jerry administration and the years of corruption by RBMD and the local GOP bosses?

Sorry charlie, your posts don't make sense.

Nothing. And Jerry has nothing to do with any of these races.

Two can play Whitey's insane game of smear. <_<

In other words you support tax and budget cuts,

AND you oppose slightly deeper tax and budget cuts ???

:blink: :blink: :blink:

No it means that I do not support candidates who have got their heads,so far up their arse,And their foot so far down their throat that it is hard to tell the difference of which end is up with their "press releases" :D :D :D :D :D =@

Nothing. And Jerry has nothing to do with any of these races.

Two can play Whitey's insane game of smear. <_<

Tom You were invited to a face to face meet, I have not seen a reply well.......................?

I am here. I do not have a candidate and do not live in the Post. I was just giving my opinion from an outside point of view and as someone who knows you personally I thought I would rag you a little!! HA-HA! Seems to have gotten you worked up, LOL. That is a joke! rolleyes.gif

I have seen where you have stated that $150 to Mr. Gregory. Boy if he wins an election on $150 compared to the $500-$1000 that the Developers and Real Estate Agencies and the current administration gave to Mr. Pownall, then I need him to budget my check book. LOL. It is $150 man, let it go.

Since when did we say that who gave to a campaign that means they work for them, if that was the case then that means that David Austin and Tommie Graham work for the developers because all of them received money in thier campaigns from them....HMMMM???? Hell my cousin gave Mr. Pownall a discount on billboards due to his connections with builders. glare.gif

I also saw in another post where you said that Mr. Pownall had no connections to the past administration, boy he sure as hell does to this one. Ran Don Powell's campaign treasurer, David Austins campaign, and Van Westbrook. Wonder whos pocket or vote he'll be in? Just a thought. The past is the past but the now is now and seems like there is a cou being formed.

Be careful before you condemn because of association or knowing someone for it will come back to bite your people. Could it be that he accepted the donation because he has less money than anyone running and is trying to raise all he can from people that know him from him being GOP Chair?? Just maybe?

Why don't you email him and ask him at adam@gregory2010.com

Just my opinion.

Thanks!

Did your cousins give Steve Golden that same discount?

bbp12 you stated

Hell my cousin gave Mr. Pownall a discount on billboards due to his connections with builders.
Does this mean that one of the avid posters in this thread that works at Home Depot could also get Adam a discount ?

No need to e-mail Adam, Iknow what his connections to Jerry is, And so does Animal, heck anyone that has followed the local elections for the past twelve years can connect the dots. between the old guard and the new guard, I would certaintly hope that Austin would want someone elected that would support his agenda of being a fiscal conservative, Rather that the tax and spend of the old guard.

Thanks for putting my name back out there, It may come in handy some day if I decide to run for a local office biggrin.gif

Does this mean that you accept the invitation to meet with tom,animal,you,thad, Chris etc.

12 years, he has only lived here for 9. LOL. I am glad you know for all of us. LOL. Enjoyed the conversation.

I would enjoy any type of meeting. Just let me know where and when. Don't forget me if you meet.

Take care.

Thanks for putting my name back out there, It may come in handy some day if I decide to run for a local office :D

Whitey how are you?Look you support Todd and that is fine. A strong democrat like you supporting a republican. I knew you would come over from the dark side,now as far as connection it doesn't exist. You can try and connect who you want but nodda. Now your man is nice so is Beverly so who really cares. I have placed signs for people just to help,Whitey if you run for something I would help you :clapping:

I just like sign art,it is so neat that Jerry works out of town and people like you think he is still a threat & to whom? Davin is in office Whitey,sooner or later you got to stop being a player hater. Adams only connection is to local ball parks Whitey so why the smear stuff are you scared your man Todd won't win? Well he has the most money and backed by David himself so there you have it. Now do you want to meet and have a beer and tell me about how you produce a great garden :drinks:

Regan Republican

Since you were smart enough to post your name on a public web site Tom, And you want to belittle certain posters, I have a couple of questions to ask you?

A review of the tax commissioners web site reveals that you have quite a spread out there in Villa Rica, But... The size of the spread and the actual taxes you paid seems to be a little odd?

Do you by any chance have some type of special exemption?

Since you seem to favor the candudates of the old guard Are you by any chance employed by an organization that provides building materials? :blink:

Nice place you got there, Lots of land, Shaking head at the low taxes being paid on this estate'

Oh..Almost forgot,have you ever been late paying your taxes?

• Like 1

Whitey how are you?Look you support Todd and that is fine. A strong democrat like you supporting a republican. I knew you would come over from the dark side,now as far as connection it doesn't exist. You can try and connect who you want but nodda. Now your man is nice so is Beverly so who really cares. I have placed signs for people just to help,Whitey if you run for something I would help you :clapping:

I just like sign art,it is so neat that Jerry works out of town and people like you think he is still a threat & to whom? Davin is in office Whitey,sooner or later you got to stop being a player hater. Adams only connection is to local ball parks Whitey so why the smear stuff are you scared your man Todd won't win? Well he has the most money and backed by David himself so there you have it. Now do you want to meet and have a beer and tell me about how you produce a great garden :drinks:

Animal, I have already looked up the connection, Got it copied and pasted in my word folder, Don't try and BS me Mike.

I agree all three of the candidates are very fine people, But.... Todd is the only candidate in this race that is not directly connected to the old Guard, And you know this, Own up or I will be forced to post the facts!!!!! Why is this considered smear? the old saying goes something like this "you are known by the company you keep"

By all means lets have a little meeting Been trying to get RR aka GOP rules aka tom,bbp12,Thad,Maddox,and you together How about Saturday night my garage 7:00PM I will furnish the beverages Heck we can have some vine ripe home grown mater sandwiches also All that can make it pm ME.

Regan Republican

Since you were smart enough to post your name on a public web site Tom, And you want to belittle certain posters, I have a couple of questions to ask you?

A review of the tax commissioners web site reveals that you have quite a spread out there in Villa Rica, But... The size of the spread and the actual taxes you paid seems to be a little odd?

Do you by any chance have some type of special exemption?

Since you seem to favor the candudates of the old guard Are you by any chance employed by an organization that provides building materials? :blink:

Nice place you got there, Lots of land, Shaking head at the low taxes being paid on this estate'

Oh..Almost forgot,have you ever been late paying your taxes?

Why don't you just make it easy for all the pedophiles. Post a google map link to my house, then another one to my work, then tell everyone how many children I have at home. Jackass.

Nice way to ignore the question. Classy response. YOU put your name out, not DOT. I don't see that DOT has posted anything personal about you that you haven't posted before. Didn't even use your last name. Anyone can look up land in the database, I looked up Jerry's place a few years ago.

I will say that if you do have a lot of land under a land covenant, it explains your fixation on the tax rate a lot. Since land under a covenant is locked at it's original value, it doesn't go up when everyone else get reassessed up and the tax rate is reduced like during Jerry's term. The owner saves $$$$ on taxes while the little homeowners take it in the jaw.

However, when values are going down, that land also stays fixed, so if the tax rate stays the same, no tax break for poor covenant owner. :( In fact, if the BOC raises the rate to try to hold the taxes the same, the covenant owner pays MORE while those assessed down pay roughly the same. :( :(

That would explain a lot.

Nice way to ignore the question. Classy response. YOU put your name out, not DOT. I don't see that DOT has posted anything personal about you that you haven't posted before. Didn't even use your last name. Anyone can look up land in the database, I looked up Jerry's place a few years ago.

I will say that if you do have a lot of land under a land covenant, it explains your fixation on the tax rate a lot. Since land under a covenant is locked at it's original value, it doesn't go up when everyone else get reassessed up and the tax rate is reduced like during Jerry's term. The owner saves $$$$ on taxes while the little homeowners take it in the jaw.

However, when values are going down, that land also stays fixed, so if the tax rate stays the same, no tax break for poor covenant owner. :( In fact, if the BOC raises the rate to try to hold the taxes the same, the covenant owner pays MORE while those assessed down pay roughly the same. :( :(

That would explain a lot.

No idea what any of that means. This year's budget is 2.3mil less than last year. Jason wants it to be 2.8mil. Rumor is that he's received dozens of email responses in support of his press release. We'll see what the taxpayers think come election day. Right now, it doesn't even seem like the SPLOST is a sure thing.

No idea what any of that means. This year's budget is 2.3mil less than last year. Jason wants it to be 2.8mil. Rumor is that he's received dozens of email responses in support of his press release. We'll see what the taxpayers think come election day. Right now, it doesn't even seem like the SPLOST is a sure thing.

Sure you don't.

Hey DOT, can you PM me what you found?

As a general rule folks, let's leave google maps, phone numbers, specific addresses out of the equation. Some of the posts are dancing on the line of propriety in this regard in part because this is a 'google-scraped' forum whereas the 'political' forum is not.

The point is one of the things we do want to provide folks here is at least a veneer of privacy ... i.e. Pcom is a kinder, gentler place when someone reading topics is not given such key identifying things as name, address, phone number, ss number etc. in a topic - especially a topic where there is an effort to

Reagan Republican I think regrets changing his name in the midst of a campaign season - that kind of action tends to make their display name an issue as folks seek to define the context of the commentary by what they know of the posters previous postings.

That said, it is also obvious that if someone is dedicated about finding you, they will be able to do so through online county records or other methods.

As far as the assertion that the posting here sets you up as a victim for a pedophile ... I can say with certainty that you would have gotten zero interest from a pedophile.

The comments from Adam and Todd - their public competition over the size of their families - honestly do not even pose that kind of threat but I do know that had you posted that fear on facebook, you'd be getting ads for home security because folks know what scares you now.

Bottom line, everyone needs to back off the personal attacks a bit if for no other reason, we don't want or need the extraneous personally identifying information because, unlike facebook, we don't slice it, dice it and sell the resulting 'intelligence' to marketers.

pubby

Animal, I have already looked up the connection, Got it copied and pasted in my word folder, Don't try and BS me Mike.

I agree all three of the candidates are very fine people, But.... Todd is the only candidate in this race that is not directly connected to the old Guard, And you know this, Own up or I will be forced to post the facts!!!!! Why is this considered smear? the old saying goes something like this "you are known by the company you keep"

By all means lets have a little meeting Been trying to get RR aka GOP rules aka tom,bbp12,Thad,Maddox,and you together How about Saturday night my garage 7:00PM I will furnish the beverages Heck we can have some vine ripe home grown mater sandwiches also All that can make it pm ME.

Well define your Idea as old guard,you say Todd isn't well why wouldn't he be as past work with people in office. Then how far back,so if there in this county for along time then if there supported by the past why not?

As a general rule folks, let's leave google maps, phone numbers, specific addresses out of the equation. Some of the posts are dancing on the line of propriety in this regard in part because this is a 'google-scraped' forum whereas the 'political' forum is not.

The point is one of the things we do want to provide folks here is at least a veneer of privacy ... i.e. Pcom is a kinder, gentler place when someone reading topics is not given such key identifying things as name, address, phone number, ss number etc. in a topic - especially a topic where there is an effort to

Reagan Republican I think regrets changing his name in the midst of a campaign season - that kind of action tends to make their display name an issue as folks seek to define the context of the commentary by what they know of the posters previous postings.

That said, it is also obvious that if someone is dedicated about finding you, they will be able to do so through online county records or other methods.

As far as the assertion that the posting here sets you up as a victim for a pedophile ... I can say with certainty that you would have gotten zero interest from a pedophile.

The comments from Adam and Todd - their public competition over the size of their families - honestly do not even pose that kind of threat but I do know that had you posted that fear on facebook, you'd be getting ads for home security because folks know what scares you now.

Bottom line, everyone needs to back off the personal attacks a bit if for no other reason, we don't want or need the extraneous personally identifying information because, unlike facebook, we don't slice it, dice it and sell the resulting 'intelligence' to marketers.

pubby

Pubby

I find it quite humorous that you are coming to the rescue of GOP rules aka Regan Republican, aka as Thomas M…………, Hell he posted his own name in a political forum, On this web site, Asking for people to contact him, He used information on this site from public records that is available to anyone just by asking and inferred that I was a liberal socialist Obama Democrat, And that is okay!!!!!! Back during the School bond my name and tax records were openly posted on this web site, and everyone sat back and allowed this to occur!!!!!! Come on get real RR is playing hardball politics, And If he is going to dish it out, Then he should expect some sort of retaliation Hell he has been on the local TV channel at the Commissioners meeting, Whining about the M&O) rate, He as well as myself have exposed ourselves to the public and as such can expect people on P.Com to counter some of our claims, With Public records My place of employment has been exposed on this site, My residence has been identified ,I have two grand kids that play outside every day AND HE WANTS ME TO BE CONCERNED ABOUT PEDOPHILES AROUND HIS PROPERTY!!!!!!!!! Or not divulge his place of employment? I am not sure how I am going to deal with your post, but I think I will need a few Mayberry’s, because I suspect that before this election is over with, the bullets are going to be dispensed fairly regular

Whitey:

My post was not a precursor of bullets. I know that the one squealing is largely to blame for the added emphasis on personality.

And I do know that when you objected to your name in the other post, I went back and removed it in as many places as I saw after you objected.

My post is simply an effort to get folks to have just a little sensitivity regarding the personal private information because generally, it is a good idea to be accommodating in this manner.

Let me see if I can be clear.

What has happened so far in terms of expression of identity has made folks uncomfortable. That is okay but we should know we are dancing on the edge when people get uncomfortable. What I'm saying is simply be careful publishing personal information.

pubby

Pubby

I find it quite humorous that you are coming to the rescue of GOP rules aka Regan Republican, aka as Thomas M…………, Hell he posted his own name in a political forum, On this web site, Asking for people to contact him, He used information on this site from public records that is available to anyone just by asking and inferred that I was a liberal socialist Obama Democrat, And that is okay!!!!!! Back during the School bond my name and tax records were openly posted on this web site, and everyone sat back and allowed this to occur!!!!!! Come on get real RR is playing hardball politics, And If he is going to dish it out, Then he should expect some sort of retaliation Hell he has been on the local TV channel at the Commissioners meeting, Whining about the M&O) rate, He as well as myself have exposed ourselves to the public and as such can expect people on P.Com to counter some of our claims, With Public records My place of employment has been exposed on this site, My residence has been identified ,I have two grand kids that play outside every day AND HE WANTS ME TO BE CONCERNED ABOUT PEDOPHILES AROUND HIS PROPERTY!!!!!!!!! Or not divulge his place of employment? I am not sure how I am going to deal with your post, but I think I will need a few Mayberry’s, because I suspect that before this election is over with, the bullets are going to be dispensed fairly regular

Whitey, I should be able to call you a leftist democrat socialist marxist and you should be able to call me a right-wing neo-con religious fanatic without either of us having to worry about our residences, employers, or other un-related personal information being posted. Yes, I know it is available for those who want to get it, but just because it's available doesn't mean that this forum is the appropriate place to post it. Those who want to PM, email, or snail mail it to each other then fine. As an old preacher once said, "Just because you can, doesn't mean you should". I apologize for posting your voting record. Other than that, I don't believe I've posted any other personal info about you. I'm not trying to hide anything. I'm just not comfortable with unexpected trolls coming through the room and seeing personal information on people. If you would like to discuss then PM me your phone number and I'd be more than willing to call you.

Edited by Reagan Republican
  • Like 1

For the love all all things....someone needs to get rid of all these "identifying" posts! If someone wants to search for the info, which is out there, let them search, don't leave it up for every Tom, Dick, and Harry. :blink:

Whitey, RR...I am sorry that someone does not see that making those type of posts are wrong. The people making them should be ashamed of themselves.

This has gone far beyond anything I would have thought. Leave a poster's personal information personal. (I don't believe these folks are running in any election)

Whitey, I should be able to call you a leftist democrat socialist marxist and you should be able to call me a right-wing neo-con religious fanatic without either of us having to worry about our residences, employers, or other un-related personal information being posted. Yes, I know it is available for those who want to get it, but just because it's available doesn't mean that this forum is the appropriate place to post it. Those who want to PM, email, or snail mail it to each other then fine. As an old preacher once said, "Just because you can, doesn't mean you should". I apologize for posting your voting record. Other than that, I don't believe I've posted any other personal info about you. I'm not trying to hide anything. I'm just not comfortable with unexpected trolls coming through the room and seeing personal information on people. If you would like to discuss then PM me your phone number and I'd be more than willing to call you.

:clapping:

Well define your Idea as old guard,you say Todd isn't well why wouldn't he be as past work with people in office. Then how far back,so if there in this county for along time then if there supported by the past why not?

The old guard as I define was the era from 2000 thru 2008 When we experienced the massive explosive growth when King Jerry controlled the BOC with the three votes that he had in his pocket, The group that changed the landscape of Paulding County forever, Through the changing of zoning laws, And the unbridled growth that resulted from the changing of these zonings laws , Which resulted in the need for millions of dollars in new schools,Roads,public safety, Parks, etc. which the taxpayers are now required to foot the bill.

I think the old guard is represented by people like you, Who through their sign art, erected signs for those in this era, I also recall the election between Don Powell and Jeff Miller in which you played an Important role on P.com and Supported Jeff Miller ( a home builder at that time) And not knowing, I jumped on the band wagon and initially supported Miller myself until surepip brought it to the attention of the readers of P.Com that Miller was a Home builder, And that the old Guard had him in the race to take total control of the commission instead of majority that was in place at that time. If I recall correctly one of your comments back then was that Don Powell had paved his daddy in laws drive way? Am I correct?

You now are attempting to tie Todd Pownall and Don Powell together, by asserting that in some small way he was tied to that Campaign and thus was in fact part of the old guard. The pure and simple fact is Don Powell was never part of the old Guard, Was never included in the many meetings that occurred on Mac Land Road. And voted on many occasions against tax increases, zonings, and other issues, that affected his post. And he is to be commended for doing so, and will be remembered as a person that was always honest and above board with his votes on the commission, and served his post well, never submitting to the special interest. To my knowledge he never accepted campaign contributions from anyone period.

Having said that Don Powell worked for years alongside Beverly Cochran, And I am told knows Adam Gregory, pretty well, And has decided to openly support Todd Pownall to replace him on the board of commissioners, And that speaks volumes to me since he did in fact work with Beverly Cochran and knew the role that she played in the old guards administration during the entire time that he served on the Board of Commissioners.

actually, you shouldn't be able to spew lies. If you're talking about Bernie Sanders, you can call him a socialist but I've known marxists and I've known democrats and to suggest they are the same is absurd.

That said, I've also known republicans who shy away from being neo-cons and/or religious fanatics. (Would you call Nelson Rockefeller a religious fanatic?) ... ( I notice you failed to use the term 'nazi' for the GOP even though, well GWB's grandfather was Hitler's American banker because nazi is a pejorative term because they were our great enemy in WWII. The problem is that you want to call Democrats commies/marxists, etc. even though this names were also used as a pejoratives as they were our sworn enemies from about 1947 through the collapse of the Soviet Union in 1990.)

While I agree that folks should not have their jobs or homes threatened, I'm just as disturbed by the use of inappropriate labels.

The problem comes when you try to define what is inappropriate.

For instance, the Obama administration pursuing the same policy in Afghanistan as did GWB can't be called communist. Ditto the continuation of the execution of the TARP started under GWB can't be considered commie unless you want to apply that name to GWB too. (I've always thought that giving public money to bankers would not be a commie idea - a Nazi idea maybe, but not commie.)

Now administering and moderating a forum where these labels are used and misused with impunity is also difficult.

So first it would be best if folks would stop using this kind of polarizing language.

Second, it is always better if we use the language of commonality rather than the polarizing rhetoric that poisons the debate.

Finally, I can imagine that the response to this post ... I'll sum it up - NO ...

The question, though, is from which party will this NO come from?

pubby

actually, you shouldn't be able to spew lies. If you're talking about Bernie Sanders, you can call him a socialist but I've known marxists and I've known democrats and to suggest they are the same is absurd.

That said, I've also known republicans who shy away from being neo-cons and/or religious fanatics. (Would you call Nelson Rockefeller a religious fanatic?) ... ( I notice you failed to use the term 'nazi' for the GOP even though, well GWB's grandfather was Hitler's American banker because nazi is a pejorative term because they were our great enemy in WWII. The problem is that you want to call Democrats commies/marxists, etc. even though this names were also used as a pejoratives as they were our sworn enemies from about 1947 through the collapse of the Soviet Union in 1990.)

While I agree that folks should not have their jobs or homes threatened, I'm just as disturbed by the use of inappropriate labels.

For instance, the Obama administration pursuing the same policy in Afghanistan as did GWB can't be called communist. Ditto the continuation of the execution of the TARP started under GWB can't be considered commie unless you want to apply that name to GWB too. (I've always thought that giving public money to bankers would not be a commie idea - a Nazi idea maybe, but not commie.)

Now administering and moderating a forum where these labels are used and misused with impunity is also difficult.

So first it would be best if folks would stop using this kind of polarizing language.

Second, it is always better if we use the language of commonality rather than the polarizing rhetoric that poisons the debate.

Finally, I can imagine that the response to this post ... I'll sum it up - NO ...

pubby

NO :D

Regan Republican

I accept your apology, However I do not intend to pm you my unlisted phone number, I prefer to meet and talk with you face to face, We have met face to face and talked before, even though you may not recall the conservation,

I have offered my Garage as a place to meet this Saturday night 7:00 and invited bbp12, Animal, Maddox, And. Thad. I requested them to PM me if they are coming I have only received confirmation from Maddox????? Heck anyone that wants to come are welcome, even the candidates, Just PM me if you plan to come

I do not agree that you have the unbridled right to label me as a "leftist democrat socialist marxist" Just because you discovered that I voted in some Democratic Presidential primary election in the past, You have no idea who I voted for, And what they supported, You do have the right to repost anything that I have posted on this web site, And I have the same right. And both of us have done so.

Having said that, if my credibility is attacked on this web site, with malicious untrue statements, then expect me to counter with true factual statements, supported with evidence that supports my claims.

Simply put If Todd Pownall is going to be labeled as being in the back pocket of the builders, because he works as a realtor, Then Tony Crowe,Beverly Cochran, Steve Golden,Vernon Collett,as well as yourself, And others can expect the other dots to be connected As to their places of employment.

Regan Republican

I accept your apology, However I do not intend to pm you my unlisted phone number, I prefer to meet and talk with you face to face, We have met face to face and talked before, even though you may not recall the conservation,

I have offered my Garage as a place to meet this Saturday night 7:00 and invited bbp12, Animal, Maddox, And. Thad. I requested them to PM me if they are coming I have only received confirmation from Maddox????? Heck anyone that wants to come are welcome, even the candidates, Just PM me if you plan to come

I do not agree that you have the unbridled right to label me as a "leftist democrat socialist marxist" Just because you discovered that I voted in some Democratic Presidential primary election in the past, You have no idea who I voted for, And what they supported, You do have the right to repost anything that I have posted on this web site, And I have the same right. And both of us have done so.

Having said that, if my credibility is attacked on this web site, with malicious untrue statements, then expect me to counter with true factual statements, supported with evidence that supports my claims.

Simply put If Todd Pownall is going to be labeled as being in the back pocket of the builders, because he works as a realtor, Then Tony Crowe,Beverly Cochran, Steve Golden,Vernon Collett,as well as yourself, And others can expect the other dots to be connected As to their places of employment.

Well, dots being connected on candidates and dots be connected on posters in the forum are two different things. By the way, I haven't worked for Home Depot in three years. Update your dots.

Well, dots being connected on candidates and dots be connected on posters in the forum are two different things. By the way, I haven't worked for Home Depot in three years. Update your dots.

I disagree,Are you coming Saturday?

pubby

yes

Let's see. Me, you, SurePip, Animal, and Maddox in Whitey's garage with a case of beer? I think I'll pass. :blink:

You left out bbp12

That would mean Maddox,Surepip,Whitey vs bbp12,animal,reagan republican agreed not an even match up, But ya'll could at least show up.

I never thought any of ya'll would have the guts to a face to face meeting :D CLUCK CLUCK CLUCK

You left out bbp12

That would mean Maddox,Surepip,Whitey vs bbp12,animal,reagan republican agreed not an even match up, But ya'll could at least show up.

I never thought any of ya'll would have the guts to a face to face meeting :D CLUCK CLUCK CLUCK

My tetanus shot is not up-to-date. :rofl:

My tetanus shot is not up-to-date. :rofl:

If you think the tetanus is all you would need you probably should stay away.

Animal.....care to come by yourself ? I don't think the girls in the hen house are feeling up to it. Something about they would just stay behind their avatars even though they have no problem calling out others.

If you think the tetanus is all you would need you probably should stay away.

Animal.....care to come by yourself ? I don't think the girls in the hen house are feeling up to it. Something about they would just stay behind their avatars even though they have no problem calling out others.

cluck cluck cluck

• Like 1

Regan Republican

Steve Golden is a builder. A builder with A LOT of vacant lots.