Paulding.com

News from the candidate forum last night

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In other words you are just grasping at straws and making stuff up...

It's called a primary you dope.

This guy Chris claims to be one of the higher ups in the Paulding GOP. I am guessing that you guys don't have the ability to tell him to stop making an ass of you all?     You understand that?

Posted Images

Only looking in from the outside, the Paulding GOP Group has some loose cannons, with Chris Collins leading the charge.

There is a VERY evident underground support of Cochran, Collett, and Anivitarte/Crowe by the Powers that Be at the Paulding GOP. Ithy and GOP Rules basically confirm this with their posts.

I do wonder why Gregory has gotten pushed to the side ? Did he not know Beverly was going to get in the race ? I have to assume his old buddy King Jerry has thrown him under the bus in favor of Beverly.

But I do find it rather ironic that the local guys are obviously going against Graham, Barnett, and Pownall if for no other reason than they are not "under the thumb ?".

Trouble in paradise, or normal politics........

Time will tell.drinks.gif

Only looking in from the outside, the Paulding GOP Group has some loose cannons, with Chris Collins leading the charge.

There is a VERY evident underground support of Cochran, Collett, and Anivitarte/Crowe by the Powers that Be at the Paulding GOP. Ithy and GOP Rules basically confirm this with their posts.

I do wonder why Gregory has gotten pushed to the side ? Did he not know Beverly was going to get in the race ? I have to assume his old buddy King Jerry has thrown him under the bus in favor of Beverly.

But I do find it rather ironic that the local guys are obviously going against Graham, Barnett, and Pownall if for no other reason than they are not "under the thumb ?".

Stick to whining about your legal case. Your political analysis doesn't make a lick of sense.

I had an interesting conversation this afternoon with a long time Republican.

The two candidates offering to forego their salary has upset the local guys.

Who to trust? Why? What is going on behind the scene?

Locked-in Republican votes are now up for grabs.

• Like 1

Some of you newer folks won't know me,but the old farts :D will.I've been a member of this site longer than anyone except Pubby,and have gotten involved in politics in the past.This time I decided to sit it out.

I see a whole lot of Whitey bashing in this thread.

Does Whitey bring this on himself?.....Maybe,because he does get involved and tries to dig deeper than most.Maybe he's seeing things that aren't there.Maybe he's seeing things that are there,that others refuse to see.

Whitey and I have argued in the past over politicians,heck I voted for Jerry,so you know me and Whitey got into it.

Whitey and I differed on the green space issue,I had a long talk with him about that.

I have met with Whitey several times face to face,not just across keyboards.

I said all that to say this.

Sincerity....That is the one thing that I always got from Whitey,he is sincere about what he believes.

Instead of the bashing Whitey on here,next time he goes for an open records act and gets some info,why don't you go with him.Then all can read what he has together and talk about it.

Some of you newer folks won't know me,but the old farts :D will.I've been a member of this site longer than anyone except Pubby,and have gotten involved in politics in the past.This time I decided to sit it out.

Does Whitey bring this on himself?.....Maybe,because he does get involved and tries to dig deeper than most.Maybe he's seeing things that aren't there.Maybe he's seeing things that are there,that others refuse to see.

Whitey and I have argued in the past over politicians,heck I voted for Jerry,so you know me and Whitey got into it.

Whitey and I differed on the green space issue,I had a long talk with him about that.

Sincerity....That is the one thing that I always got from Whitey,he is sincere about what he believes.

Instead of the bashing Whitey on here,next time he goes for an open records act and gets some info,why don't you go with him.Then all can read what he has together and talk about it.

Wow ... a voice of reason. Great idea! :wub:

And if you had any evidence or proof that Jason was in any way

connected to this undefined group you would have already posted it...

Instead you continue to accuse a vague and mysterious connection where none exists,

and attempt to smear his name solely because he is not your candidate of choice...

http://paulding.com/forum/index.php?/topic/246599-jason-anavitarte/page__st__40

Hey DS, how the heck have you been??? Good to see you around and even better to hear a voice of reason!! :drinks:

Oh yea, I'm an OF :)

Deer slayer it is good to hear from you, it has been years since we have had a good discussion about the Political climate in Paulding County, and I respected your input on the various issues that we have talked about both on this board and our face to face meetings on the issues. And nothing has changed the old Guard wants to regain political dominance on the board of commissioner, and the new guard wants to maintain some semblance of equity for all the citizens.

Politics does indeed bring out the best and the worse, in ones character, as is evident in the discussions in this race for the post 2 and the post 4 races in particular.

You and I can remember when the Chairman of the County commission was the only member of the Board of commissioners who received any pay from the tax payers of Paulding County, It is significant to note that back then the chairman received about $60,000 in salary And when Beverly Cochran left her post as the Administrative Assistant she received in the neighborhood of $65,000 in salary plus some very lucrative benefits.

Now we have two candidates Todd Pownall and David Barnett who wants to give back to the community and declare that for the first two years of their terms , that they will accept no pay for their services, And all hell breaks loose on this board, Citing all sorts of ulterior motives for their actions, Knowing full well that these two gentlemen have always given back to this community prior to even considering running for these offices, And never expected any reimbursement for their services to the community.

Yep us old farts still remember the politics of the past elections, And now this election, Simply Tie your opponent to the Building Community, Then distance yourself from them, And bingo you are elected and then you can return to your past practices Of serving your special interest groups the old guard did a masterful job of this in 2004 and failed miserably to do so in 2008, And it remains to be seen what the outcome will be for 2010, I do not believe that the citizens of Paulding County have forgotten what the political era of 2000 to 2008 Brought to this County, NOR DO I BELIEVE THAT THEY HAVE FORGOTTEN WHO WAS A PART OF IT.

It is certainly a breath of fresh air, To be entering an era, Where no public hearings are scheduled for the purpose of raising our Taxes for this year, And no need, To hide the announcement of such until after the election, WOW what a wonderful feeling, I am hoping that the citizens realize what has been accomplished here in the past two years, And will elect commissioners, Who can work with David Austin so this will become the norm rather than the rarity, And never return any one into power that is/was a partner in the old guard.

Maybe we can meet again today at the meet and greet At White Oak Park, Which BTW was originally proposed to be a PRD by the old Guard, and if they had their way over 250 homes would now be sitting on this property, Instead of this beautiful Park.

And thanks for the compliments :D

Whitey

I was all ready to vote for Jason in my post 4.But what you found out and posted about him caused me to rethink my position.

I did like the new blood coming in,just not so liberal and rino.

More reseach

It was you and Maddox that taught me to ...follow the money

Deer slayer it is good to hear from you, it has been years since we have had a good discussion about the Political climate in Paulding County, and I respected your input on the various issues that we have talked about both on this board and our face to face meetings on the issues. And nothing has changed the old Guard wants to regain political dominance on the board of commissioner, and the new guard wants to maintain some semblance of equity for all the citizens.

Politics does indeed bring out the best and the worse, in ones character, as is evident in the discussions in this race for the post 2 and the post 4 races in particular.

You and I can remember when the Chairman of the County commission was the only member of the Board of commissioners who received any pay from the tax payers of Paulding County, It is significant to note that back then the chairman received about $60,000 in salary And when Beverly Cochran left her post as the Administrative Assistant she received in the neighborhood of $65,000 in salary plus some very lucrative benefits.

Now we have two candidates Todd Pownall and David Barnett who wants to give back to the community and declare that for the first two years of their terms , that they will accept no pay for their services, And all hell breaks loose on this board, Citing all sorts of ulterior motives for their actions, Knowing full well that these two gentlemen have always given back to this community prior to even considering running for these offices, And never expected any reimbursement for their services to the community.

Yep us old farts still remember the politics of the past elections, And now this election, Simply Tie your opponent to the Building Community, Then distance yourself from them, And bingo you are elected and then you can return to your past practices Of serving your special interest groups the old guard did a masterful job of this in 2004 and failed miserably to do so in 2008, And it remains to be seen what the outcome will be for 2010, I do not believe that the citizens of Paulding County have forgotten what the political era of 2000 to 2008 Brought to this County, NOR DO I BELIEVE THAT THEY HAVE FORGOTTEN WHO WAS A PART OF IT.

It is certainly a breath of fresh air, To be entering an era, Where no public hearings are scheduled for the purpose of raising our Taxes for this year, And no need, To hide the announcement of such until after the election, WOW what a wonderful feeling, I am hoping that the citizens realize what has been accomplished here in the past two years, And will elect commissioners, Who can work with David Austin so this will become the norm rather than the rarity, And never return any one into power that is/was a partner in the old guard.

Maybe we can meet again today at the meet and greet At White Oak Park, Which BTW was originally proposed to be a PRD by the old Guard, and if they had their way over 250 homes would now be sitting on this property, Instead of this beautiful Park.

And thanks for the compliments :D

Oh yes! We need WHITEY'S GUARD in control of all the seats on the BOC. That will be paradise! :wacko:

Oh yes! We need WHITEY'S GUARD in control of all the seats on the BOC. That will be paradise! :wacko:

Not my Guard, It is the citizens new Guard,That for the past two years have represented all citizens not the special interest. :lol: :D

Whitey

I was all ready to vote for Jason in my post 4.But what you found out and posted about him caused me to rethink my position.

I did like the new blood coming in,just not so liberal and rino.

More reseach

It was you and Maddox that taught me to ...follow the money

There is more to come on Jason,And some of the other candidates I suggest no early voting Suprises always seem to appear the week before the election, I remember the most recent Dist 19 race, Where Stout was outed for his affair with his Mother in law

Then I suggest you go to some of the meetings and find out how the process works.smile.gif

NJ I think I have finally figured this thing about mass meetings out.read the by laws on the Republican Party web site,And if I understand them, A meeting is called for the purposee of electing degelates, So I guess Chris was elected by those who showed up.

unbeliveable that someone that was elected as a state delegate,would print something in his blog against those who may have elected him as a delegate,But stranger things have occured

NewsJunky

He cited some things that are not the truth, In fact he plainly states On June 16, 2010 that he wrote the Article

Yea but he has now changed the wording, And he must have deleted the entire post today, since I could not find it on the web site, this entire ordeal should be an embarrassment to the Republican Party

Yea but he has now changed the wording, And he must have deleted the entire post today, since I could not find it on the web site, this entire ordeal should be an embarrassment to the Republican Party

He has a new article up. I think you might want to look at it. He did remove the other one and explains why.

Got any idea why it has been removed

This is up on the site now. I think he addresses that and I do have permission to copy it.

-Commentary Report-

June 20, 4:40 PM

June 20, 2010/Paulding County, GA – A short time ago, an interesting news report appeared here concerning builder connections and the Paulding Commissioners election race that created quite a stir among several citizens and some candidates that as of yesterday, I removed the report.

The reason for its deletion has to do with my integrity, moral and value convictions and on ethical grounds.

Yesterday, I thought about this after I came home after an unfortunate storm that blew through the GOP Meet and Greet event and the issue settled on my heart that the moral thing to do was to delete the report as journalists or writers should do when a report has problems. The affected candidates have been notified of this development and sent my statements to them.

My reason for covering Paulding County GOP and Conservative politics and issues is due to the fact that this county is largely republican and giving them and others republican news that was deficient in the county and to counter liberals and democrats.

That was my goal and always has been from the start.

Yesterday, a sitting Commissioner stated something to me that settled very well with my conscience. He said, “Jesus was a carpenter.”

I am a Christian and that comment made me think about that news report. I came to Christ in 2005 and Christ has done things for me that would baffle some people and for me, this was an area that I did not want to be in.

While some media outlets will allow political attacks at will, mainly pursued by the liberals and democrats in this county, this reporter will not engaged in such activities.

This was wrong for me to report what I did whether it has merit or not, true or untrue, errors or no errors, it needed to be removed and it has been removed and done by my own freewill and was not pressured to do so.

I believe I am an imperfect honorable Christian who tries to do right but can unintentionally do things that were intended with reasonable intentions, but are completely un-Christian of me to report news on something that had problems. I do not blame the sources, any candidate, or anyone else; only myself.

Politics is a competitive sport. I believe we should allow the candidates to battle each other for victory and allow the liberals and democrats engage in their own demeaning words. After all, liberals are good at it while the rest of us laugh.