Paulding.com

News from the candidate forum last night

Tommie Graham stated that he had Developed commercial Property on Highway 278, And the Cadillac Parkway area that has provided local jobs for citizens of Paulding County

What about those storage buildings that he owns and operates? Who do you suppose uses those- maybe people moving into the county?

David Barnett stated that he also has not developed a sub division, and, furthermore was not currently a member of the Paulding County Builders Association, and had not been for a few years. He does own a business across from the New Courthouse that provides jobs for Paulding County Residents and has been able to maintain a stable workforce through being diversified.

And who does (or did) he primarily sell his goods to? Homebuilders in some other county?

Todd Pownall, Emphatically stated that he has NEVER been a member of the Paulding County Builders Association,

No, Todd just sold people houses so that they could move into the county and put their kids in school.

I'm not faulting anyone here, but if you are looking at the building industry as a bunch of scoundrels, no one seems lilly white. It was the prime industry in this county for years- and a lot of people (even the non-builders/developers currently in or running for office) made money off it. Let's not fool ourselves into thinking anything different

Find me a residential develoment with Tommie involved. Does he rent mini-storage units, yes. Does he develop residential propertries....NO.

Does David Barnet sell goods to homebuilders in some other county....YES. As I understand his biggest customer base right now is around Auburn, Alabama.

Todd sells houses, lots, and land....to whomever wants to buy. I guess per your comment that is now a tainted industry as well ?

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In other words you are just grasping at straws and making stuff up...

It's called a primary you dope.

This guy Chris claims to be one of the higher ups in the Paulding GOP. I am guessing that you guys don't have the ability to tell him to stop making an ass of you all?     You understand that?

Posted Images

So after you and your buddies on here band together to smear the candidates you don't like and promote the ones you do, I find it RICH that you are indignant about another group banding together to promote the candidates they like and according to you "smear" the ones they don't by bringing facts out.

Thanks for the laugh today. I needed that!rofl.gif rofl.gif rofl.gif rofl.gif rofl.gif rofl.gif

Chicken bob I have no problem with citizens banding together in groups and make the citizens aware of certain things that a candidate would not necessary want the public to know, when considering which candidate to vote for neither do I consider it a smear campaign, Nor mud slinging

Having said that I am amazed that the writer of another web site did not Include Mr. Collette in his assessment of the alleged Builders takeover of the County Surely if Mr. Todd Pownall is a part of the Building Community by being in the Realty Business Then Mr. Collette should be lumped into the same Category since he has family members associated with a Realty Company also RIGHT!!!!!. Should Tony Crowe also be lumped into this Category since he was a building inspector for the County for a number of years? Or maybe Beverly Cochran Who served as Administrative Assistant to the previous Commission Chairman, in which we saw the largest housing boon ever in Paulding County????

Or maybe Mr. Anavitarte needs to be lumped into the Same Category as the editor has lumped Surepip, feelip and myself as Liberal Democrats, Since Mr. Anavitarte ran for house District 81 as a Democrat in 2006 , And was elected as the Secretary of GAELO (A liberal organization that is pushing for immigration Reform) Was part of the Denise Majette (Democrat) campaign for Senator to unseat Johnny Isakson Not to mention the fact that Mr. Anavitarte was supported by one of the largest gay rights movements in the City of Atlanta, And did in fact vote for and supported the Domestic Partnership law While serving on the City Council At Doraville. And probably will attempt to pass that here if elected commissioner. I really do not see where Mr. Anavitarte fits into the conservative culture of the citizens of Paulding County, And in Particular the Post 4 culture.

So chicken bob lets all talk about the things that candidates do not want us to know about, RIGHT!!!!

• Like 1

Chicken bob I have no problem with citizens banding together in groups and make the citizens aware of certain things that a candidate would not necessary want the public to know, when considering which candidate to vote for neither do I consider it a smear campaign, Nor mud slinging

Having said that I am amazed that the writer of another web site did not Include Mr. Collette in his assessment of the alleged Builders takeover of the County Surely if Mr. Todd Pownall is a part of the Building Community by being in the Realty Business Then Mr. Collette should be lumped into the same Category since he has family members associated with a Realty Company also RIGHT!!!!!. Should Tony Crowe also be lumped into this Category since he was a building inspector for the County for a number of years? Or maybe Beverly Cochran Who served as Administrative Assistant to the previous Commission Chairman, in which we saw the largest housing boon ever in Paulding County????

Or maybe Mr. Anavitarte needs to be lumped into the Same Category as the editor has lumped Surepip, feelip and myself as Liberal Democrats, Since Mr. Anavitarte ran for house District 81 as a Democrat in 2006 , And was elected as the Secretary of GAELO (A liberal organization that is pushing for immigration Reform) Was part of the Denise Majette (Democrat) campaign for Senator to unseat Johnny Isakson Not to mention the fact that Mr. Anavitarte was supported by one of the largest gay rights movements in the City of Atlanta, And did in fact vote for and supported the Domestic Partnership law While serving on the City Council At Doraville. And probably will attempt to pass that here if elected commissioner. I really do not see where Mr. Anavitarte fits into the conservative culture of the citizens of Paulding County, And in Particular the Post 4 culture.

So chicken bob lets all talk about the things that candidates do not want us to know about, RIGHT!!!!

Whitey:

Dang, Jason Anavitarte is beginning to sound like my kind of guy :)

pubby

Personally I liked Mr. Gregory's speach last night and have grown to love to hear him speak. I love to hear this guy speak because you can feel that he believes in what he is saying whether you agree with him or not. It is apparent that he is not worried about upsetting people by speaking the truth in what he believes. If you agree with him or not, you got to be sick of all the political correctness and back patting.

Thats what I'm looking for. Someone that is NEW and vigurous and upfront about how they feel and view things and not in a popularity contest. One thing is for sure. He is not afraid to take on the old establishment as well as Mr. Avery, Mr. Anivatarte, and Mr. Collette is not either by thier talks last night.

Maybe, just maybe the reason this county has been stuck in a rut for the past 10 years is because we always elect the same old people with the same known names who know the same people. If we start electing people on what they say and believe and stop doing it on who they are and know and how long they have lived here, then maybe just maybe we will have some great ideas and new fresh faces to build this county and open up ideas.

No offense to the old timers, but when I hear someone say that I have been here for 20-30 years then you get a no vote from me. I think that is our problem because they are embedded into the system.

Just my thoughts. I do not live in either of the posts but I wish I did.

Thanks to all. rolleyes.gif

Edited by bbp12
  • Like 1

I did get a response regarding my offer to give Chris Collins the opportunity to rebut his critics on PCOM TV.

He wrote:

Sorry, Whitey, it appears that Chris will be rebutting allegations on his 'examiner' site.

pubby

This guy is a real piece of work. In the words of Bob Dylan, "the sun's not yellow, it's chicken".

mrnn

So after you and your buddies on here band together to smear the candidates you don't like and promote the ones you do, I find it RICH that you are indignant about another group banding together to promote the candidates they like and according to you "smear" the ones they don't by bringing facts out.

Thanks for the laugh today. I needed that!rofl.gif rofl.gif rofl.gif rofl.gif rofl.gif rofl.gif

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Whitey's a conservative now?

The point behind that is???? I found that out just by doing an internet search. I do not think it was "kept from" anyone. You know him so well that you can know what he will "probably do here" ? What in particular is it with Post 4 that you think they specifically would not like him attempting (since you said he probably would) to put in place a domestic partnership law?

I am conservative, but I do not judge what anyone else does. I am not a hypocrite. (I fall far from perfect and leave a higher being to judge my decisions and others) I actually think insurance for a partner is a good idea. At least then someone is paying for it.

• Like 1

Personally I liked Mr. Gregory's speach last night and have grown to love to hear him speak. I love to hear this guy speak because you can feel that he believes in what he is saying whether you agree with him or not. It is apparent that he is not worried about upsetting people by speaking the truth in what he believes. If you agree with him or not, you got to be sick of all the political correctness and back patting.

Thats what I'm looking for. Someone that is NEW and vigurous and upfront about how they feel and view things and not in a popularity contest. One thing is for sure. He is not afraid to take on the old establishment as well as Mr. Avery, Mr. Anivatarte, and Mr. Collette is not either by thier talks last night.

Maybe, just maybe the reason this county has been stuck in a rut for the past 10 years is because we always elect the same old people with the same known names who know the same people. If we start electing people on what they say and believe and stop doing it on who they are and know and how long they have lived here, then maybe just maybe we will have some great ideas and new fresh faces to build this county and open up ideas.

No offense to the old timers, but when I hear someone say that I have been here for 20-30 years then you get a no vote from me. I think that is our problem because they are embedded into the system.

Just my thoughts. I do not live in either of the posts but I wish I did.

Thanks to all. rolleyes.gif

I, Also thought that Mr. Gregory gave a very fine speech, And it was certainly well prepared to portray himself as the "newbie" and not connected to the good ole boy group of Paulding County that ran this county from 2000 to 2008 and yes it was a very convincing speech, But sometimes it is better to tune out the rhetoric, And tune into reality of who his real supporters are, Yep right there on Mr. Gregory's Campaign disclosure the king himself of the 2000 to 2008 era was one of the first to donate dollars to his campaign fund. Wow such a fine speech yet like so many other campaign speeches it fails the test of being candid and open with facts.

BTW I have heard that he also has some business ties with the GOB's cannot verify yet, But will make you aware of the tie's as soon as I do

The point behind that is???? I found that out just by doing an internet search. I do not think it was "kept from" anyone. You know him so well that you can know what he will "probably do here" ? What in particular is it with Post 4 that you think they specifically would not like him attempting (since you said he probably would) to put in place a domestic partnership law?

I am conservative, but I do not judge what anyone else does. I am not a hypocrite. (I fall far from perfect and leave a higher being to judge my decisions and others) I actually think insurance for a partner is a good idea. At least then someone is paying for it.

You are so correct, The tax payers of the county will be paying for it

• Like 2

I, Also thought that Mr. Gregory gave a very fine speech, And it was certainly well prepared to portray himself as the "newbie" and not connected to the good ole boy group of Paulding County that ran this county from 2000 to 2008 and yes it was a very convincing speech, But sometimes it is better to tune out the rhetoric, And tune into reality of who his real supporters are, Yep right there on Mr. Gregory's Campaign disclosure the king himself of the 2000 to 2008 era was one of the first to donate dollars to his campaign fund. Wow such a fine speech yet like so many other campaign speeches it fails the test of being candid and open with facts.

BTW I have heard that he also has some business ties with the GOB's cannot verify yet, But will make you aware of the tie's as soon as I do

Whitey, do you think it would okay if we have at least one person on the BOC who isn't hand-picked by you and David Austin? Or is it in the best interest of the residents that all the members of the BOC be part of a new "good ole boy" group? I kind of like the thought of having a mixture of folks and some dissension amongst the BOC. Consolidated power is never a good thing no matter if it's the OLD guard or the NEW guard. But you obviously have your marching orders so have at it, however, if I was Mr. Austin, I would tell you to quit your slash and burn style. It's not helping him or his candidates.

• Like 1

Whitey, do you think it would okay if we have at least one person on the BOC who isn't hand-picked by you and David Austin? Or is it in the best interest of the residents that all the members of the BOC be part of a new "good ole boy" group? I kind of like the thought of having a mixture of folks and some dissension amongst the BOC. Consolidated power is never a good thing no matter if it's the OLD guard or the NEW guard. But you obviously have your marching orders so have at it, however, if I was Mr. Austin, I would tell you to quit your slash and burn style. It's not helping him or his candidates.

As long as you guys have Ithy, I think we are safe. :lol:

• Like 1

Agreed. Good post.

It's very obvious that the folks that are pretty much only praised on here (Graham, Pownall, Barnett) must have a very specific group trying to keep that "New" old boy network going. Kind of interesting that those are 2 of the 3 that suddenly decided to buy our votes by saying they wouldn't take a salary for 2 years too.

Get real - who honestly runs for office - and then halfway through the campaign decides and announces they won't take a salary?

Anyone with common sense can read right through the "for the good of the county" line they are feeding us. What is the real motivation?

I guess that will stir a hornets nest - but my guess is - to WIN... to have the "majority vote" that Austin will need,

Of course - my opinion is only mine. I am curioius what others thought when they heard of this stunt.

Chivalry? Sacrifice? Seriously? or Power? Bribing voters? Who knows... time will tell. But like Whitey said to not trust all that someone says - even those guys.

Pubby's interview with Gregory is a good example - Pubby shared at the end that it may be several companies on that contract. Not just Gregory's. But he goes to each event painting the picture that he alone has the business. Not sure if anyone has time to dig the truth about that out either? Do I care? Not really - just saying read between the lines and figure out who is feeding you the most B.S.

You are so correct, The tax payers of the county will be paying for it

Um, so? You want health care for all anyway, so when a domestic partner gets it that is different, how? I still would like you to answer what specifically is the problem with him and people in Post 4? Just asking all this since you said he will probably do this here.

As long as you guys have Ithy, I think we are safe. :lol:

Do not bet on it.I wish I had something nice to say but after reading this thread I just feel I need to wash the dirt off me. If either side thinks they are helping their cause they are dead wrong.

OK I guess I am a little lost here. It is not a matter of if I agree or not, it is just a scary thought that it is OK to give out someone "real" name on here. If it is OK here in this thread then it is OK anywhere else..Should we all start listing all the people we know and their "real" names? :glare:

Get mad at someone and just post their name?

I agree, doesn't seem right......but not much around here seems right anymore. -_-

Do not bet on it.I wish I had something nice to say but after reading this thread I just feel I need to wash the dirt off me. If either side thinks they are helping their cause they are dead wrong.

I would be concerned if anything I read here or any website actually influenced my vote. ;)

I see all this as playground banter. I am yet to see anyone on either side that has a foggy notion as to what they are talking about.

This is the bullcheeze the politicians want to see. That keeps everyone occupied while they do sheeze like build airports the voters voted down. :huh:

I do miss Ithy. He was so easy. :lol:

• Like 2

My My interesting analysis, so now David and I are "hand picking" the candidates for the BOC, WOW, How interesting.

I have never talked with David Austin About who he would like to have serve with him on the Board of Commissioners, or the District 19 race's And to my knowledge, David has stayed completely out of these race's, by not supporting any candidate in any of the races.

I also, Like the idea of having a good mixture on the Board of Commissioners, Not like what this County experienced from 2000 thru 2008, Which brought us the Massive explosive growth With tax increases every year, A courthouse that we had no vote on, An Airport that the citizens did not want, A water shortage with no plans to alleviate, And a massive debt load, That I seriously doubt that the county can pay.

Having said that, I am sure that a lot of citizens have seen through the scheme that you and others of the "old Guard" have planned to take a majority of the county commission seats, In addition to the District 19 seat, No thanks I do not want this County to ever be controlled again by those that were in control from 2000 thru 2008 enough is enough of that type of leadership.

I am not a slash and burn type campaigner, But if you think I am going to sit back and let your group post the garbage ya'll have on another web site, And then run copies of it and pass it out at a political forum, Sir you have got your head so far up your a$$ that you will never see daylight again

I see the rebuttal is up on the Aryan Nation site. Hope dude hasn't quit his day job.

BTW, if you disagree with the local GOP you are automatically a Democrat even though you are supporting nothing but Republicans. Mental I'm telling you, the guy is MENTAL.

What you doing with that lawn mower blade Carl? :blink:

Um, so? You want health care for all anyway, so when a domestic partner gets it that is different, how? I still would like you to answer what specifically is the problem with him and people in Post 4? Just asking all this since you said he will probably do this here.

Sorry that I did not post something that was clear, so I will give it another shot. For the most part post 4 is s predominantly Republican Post, Full of conservative citizens.

Mr. Anavitarte moved from a very liberal Democratic section of the State Doraville Ga. In which he was very active in the liberal side of the Democrat Party (see previous post)Since he relocated he has now Hung a Big R at the end of his name, Because he has now moved to a conservative section of the state, As ithy would say he is a RINO

Hope this clears it up a bit

I see the rebuttal is up on the Aryan Nation site. Hope dude hasn't quit his day job.

BTW, if you disagree with the local GOP you are automatically a Democrat even though you are supporting nothing but Republicans. Mental I'm telling you, the guy is MENTAL.

What you doing with that lawn mower blade Carl? :blink:

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Sorry that I did not post something that was clear, so I will give it another shot. For the most part post 4 is s predominantly Republican Post, Full of conservative citizens.

Mr. Anavitarte moved from a very liberal Democratic section of the State Doraville Ga. In which he was very active in the liberal side of the Democrat Party (see previous post)Since he relocated he has now Hung a Big R at the end of his name, Because he has now moved to a conservative section of the state, As ithy would say he is a RINO

Hope this clears it up a bit

Does that mean you'll be voting for him?

My My interesting analysis, so now David and I are "hand picking" the candidates for the BOC, WOW, How interesting.

I have never talked with David Austin About who he would like to have serve with him on the Board of Commissioners, or the District 19 race's And to my knowledge, David has stayed completely out of these race's, by not supporting any candidate in any of the races.

So what have your recent conversations with David been about?

Does that mean you'll be voting for him?

So what have your recent conversations with David been about?

Nothing about the political races. And no I will not be voting for mr Anavitarte

Nothing about the political races.

So just for purposes of disclosure, would you like to share with the rest of PCOM when your last face to face private meeting with Mr. Austin was?

Edited by GOP Rules!

Agreed. Good post.

It's very obvious that the folks that are pretty much only praised on here (Graham, Pownall, Barnett) must have a very specific group trying to keep that "New" old boy network going. Kind of interesting that those are 2 of the 3 that suddenly decided to buy our votes by saying they wouldn't take a salary for 2 years too.

Get real - who honestly runs for office - and then halfway through the campaign decides and announces they won't take a salary?

Anyone with common sense can read right through the "for the good of the county" line they are feeding us. What is the real motivation?

I guess that will stir a hornets nest - but my guess is - to WIN... to have the "majority vote" that Austin will need,

Of course - my opinion is only mine. I am curioius what others thought when they heard of this stunt.

Chivalry? Sacrifice? Seriously? or Power? Bribing voters? Who knows... time will tell. But like Whitey said to not trust all that someone says - even those guys.

Pubby's interview with Gregory is a good example - Pubby shared at the end that it may be several companies on that contract. Not just Gregory's. But he goes to each event painting the picture that he alone has the business. Not sure if anyone has time to dig the truth about that out either? Do I care? Not really - just saying read between the lines and figure out who is feeding you the most B.S.

How paranoid can a person be really!!!! Two gentlemen, whose past history has been to give back to the Community through unselfish acts for years, without any reimbursement and you now question the validity of their actions!!!

And at the same time support a candidate that has lived off the taxpayers for 12 years, WOW Shame on you.

How paranoid can a person be really!!!! Two gentlemen, whose past history has been to give back to the Community through unselfish acts for years, without any reimbursement and you now question the validity of their actions!!!

And at the same time support a candidate that has lived off the taxpayers for 12 years, WOW Shame on you.

No paranoia here. Maybe your old crew that keep on and on and on attacking various candidates because of their "ties" to the old administration are paranoid????

What was their motivation for "giving back" to the community? Everyone has motivation. Even if it is to make new friends, get your name out there in the public eye, add to your resume, feel better about yourself by giving back.... everyone has motives for their actions.

For the record, I don't really support any one candidate yet. Will decide maybe after that meet & greet I heard about for this Saturday.

What I do support is their rights - and that you guys keep slamming people.

I figured out maybe some folks have nothing better to do with their lives than trash others on here with NO PROOF (have any of you readers heard this before?). MOST citizens don't and won't know about the junk on here, as many don't use this site and others have left based on the crazy bantering that has been going on lately.

Leave this site to the crazy old farts that don't have anything better to do. I agree with JMT and others that left.

I shared an opinion about why now are they offering to take no pay? Why not announce that when you announced you qualified? Waiting until 1/2 way through the campaign cycle and then drop that on us all - why?

That is no more paranoid than you saying other candidates want to be commissioner for various reasons -

Jason for the hospital

Beverly (well you haven't said why she wants to be, just that if we vote for her we have Jerry again)..... and I am paranoid?

Come on folks......Don't call names. Grow up and act civil to all candidates. Share FACTS - not your opinion as FACTS.... or state that what you are sharing is just what you happen to believe.

• Like 1

No paranoia here. Maybe your old crew that keep on and on and on attacking various candidates because of their "ties" to the old administration are paranoid????

What was their motivation for "giving back" to the community? Everyone has motivation. Even if it is to make new friends, get your name out there in the public eye, add to your resume, feel better about yourself by giving back.... everyone has motives for their actions.

For the record, I don't really support any one candidate yet. Will decide maybe after that meet & greet I heard about for this Saturday.

I figured out maybe some folks have nothing better to do with their lives than trash others on here with NO PROOF (have any of you readers heard this before?). MOST citizens don't and won't know about the junk on here, as many don't use this site and others have left based on the crazy bantering that has been going on lately.

Leave this site to the crazy old farts that don't have anything better to do I agree with JMT and others that left.

I shared an opinion about why now are they offering to take no pay? Why not announce that when you announced you qualified? Waiting until 1/2 way through the campaign cycle and then drop that on us all - why?

That is no more paranoid than you saying other candidates want to be commissioner for various reasons -

Jason for the hospital

Beverly (well you haven't said why she wants to be, just that if we vote for her we have Jerry again)..... and I am paranoid?

Come on folks......Don't call names. Grow up and act civil to all candidates. Share FACTS - not your opinion as FACTS.... or state that what you are sharing is just what you happen to believe.

If you are calling me a crazy old fart I have to tell you that I am greatly offended!!!!dry.gif

If you are calling me a crazy old fart I have to tell you that I am greatly offended!!!!dry.gif

I think that is a male term! At least I hope so..... sorry! Just mean that some folks keep on and on trying to ruin this site and election interests for more average/concerned citizens. I think it's a shame, and see why others left the site. Winchester, JMT, etc.

Don't see the trouble makers leaving or getting banned... but I am very new and still have a lot to learn (if I can stand to stay on here).

• Like 1

Leave this site to the crazy old farts that don't have anything better to do. I agree with JMT and others that left.

Jason for the hospital

Greeneyedgirl Shame on for saying "the crazy old farts that don't have anything better to do." and in the very same post state “Come on folks......Don't call names." WTH???

And for the record and just so you know go back to the first post in this thread and read the flyer that was being distributed at the forum this week, Written by a supporter who had a Beverly Cochran tee shirt on and then give me your definition of Facts, And then you come in Mysteriously on May 10, 2010 Join P.com And begin to post on the political races, And then proceed to question the intent behind those who to give back to the community, And at the same time support those that have taken from the community for over twelve years.

Here are some facts Beverly Cochran was the administrative Assistant to Jerry Shearin and Bill Carruth

Jason Anavitarte did run for election as a Democrat, and was a member of GALEO, and may still be?

Of course you already knew this right? Is this the trashing and name calling you are talkung about?

I think that is a male term! At least I hope so..... sorry! Just mean that some folks keep on and on trying to ruin this site and election interests for more average/concerned citizens. I think it's a shame, and see why others left the site. Winchester, JMT, etc.

Don't see the trouble makers leaving or getting banned... but I am very new and still have a lot to learn (if I can stand to stay on here).

Thanks for your input GEG, everyone needs to ask as many questions as they can. It seems some think it's easier to bad mouth their guy's opponent than to spread the good news about what they plan to do to help Paulding.

Who are you referring to

Thanks for your input GEG, everyone needs to ask as many questions as they can. It seems some think it's easier to bad mouth their guy's opponent than to spread the good news about what they plan to do to help Paulding.

Yep!good.gif Name calling is not nice!rolleyes.gif I know that the folks who put the Debate together wanted it to be totally unbiased and fair to all candidates. I saw none of those fliers when I was there and I am sure the sponsors would not have approved of them at all.

I agree with you GEG! It is funny that SOME people are banned for their opinions, or discussions are stopped when certain things are brought up, but others CAN SAY WHAT THEY WANT TO and it is allowed to go on. I also agree that is why most people have left this site. There is an uptick now with the election because many candidate have people following their races, but I expect a huge dropoff again after the election is over.

• Like 1

Greeneyedgirl Shame on for saying "the crazy old farts that don't have anything better to do." and in the very same post state "Come on folks......Don't call names." WTH???

And for the record and just so you know go back to the first post in this thread and read the flyer that was being distributed at the forum this week, Written by a supporter who had a Beverly Cochran tee shirt on and then give me your definition of Facts, And then you come in Mysteriously on May 10, 2010 Join P.com And begin to post on the political races, And then proceed to question the intent behind those who to give back to the community, And at the same time support those that have taken from the community for over twelve years.

Here are some facts Beverly Cochran was the administrative Assistant to Jerry Shearin and Bill Carruth

Jason Anavitarte did run for election as a Democrat, and was a member of GALEO, and may still be?

Of course you already knew this right? Is this the trashing and name calling you are talkung about?

Why do you keep saying that about supporting candidates who have taken from the community for over 12 years?

#1 - I have not made up my mind who to vote for... my apparent support is all about fairness on this crazy board.

#2 - who and how?

Okay - I think anybody on here or that attends the events know that Ms. Cochran was the AA and Clerk. WOW - thanks for sharing the obvious.

I suppose as somone else said you can see Jason's history pretty easily too.

The guy you guys are talking about with the Tee-shirt - didn't I see a post somewhere that he was forwarded that material by someone? I don't think all volunteers on all campaigns have the best motives or make the best choices. If and when a candidate believes they have an issue - hopefully they'll deal with it internally. AGAIN - the entire campaign shouldn't be destroyed because of someone wearing a shirt. Guilt by association on here is unreal.

I guess everyone that works at BP is a fish killer and job killer?

I agree with you GEG! It is funny that SOME people are banned for their opinions, or discussions are stopped when certain things are brought up, but others CAN SAY WHAT THEY WANT TO and it is allowed to go on. I also agree that is why most people have left this site. There is an uptick now with the election because many candidate have people following their races, but I expect a huge dropoff again after the election is over.

Interesting! You have been here less than a month and have made 7 posts and now you're an expert on how much traffic there is on p.com?

Once again I am calling BULLcheeze!

Oh yes - allow me to respond to this quote from Whitey..... then I have to run:

"And then you come in Mysteriously on May 10, 2010 Join P.com And begin to post on the political races,"

I came on here to get some information about getting some clearing down on my property.

I have that information still handy - and as soon as I get confirmation of my bonus next month still plan on getting that work done.

A friend told me what a GREAT site this was for information.

And with the election posts on here over and over, I am trying to learn more about the candidates - but just see the same old people saying nasty things with a few average responses and comments in between.

I find it sad that we have stooped to garbage politics.

I have posted some questions/thoughts that I have heard from folks that have lived here all their life - and asked for feedback from others. I thought that was the point - to put stuff out there, ask for feedback, and everyone learn?

But I disagree with folks touting their "feelings" as facts and just stirring the mud more.

• Like 1