Paulding.com

Lets see if I can make some sense of this:

First, Whitey and the bunch express the essentially conservative reaction that this new fellow, Jason Anavitarte, has a background that makes them feel like he may not be too eager to listen to them. They suggest that as a councilman in Doraville, etc. that he took some unpopular positions and that he was somehow not like them and they didn't trust him.

White went so far as to make the assumption that because beach bum didn't give a blow-by-blow of her encounter with the young man, that somehow she must not have been impressed.

Of course she too umbrage at that and portions of the topic went off and the mods set a few invisible.

They shouldn't have done that, frankly. They should have taken the off-topic comments and split them if they were that irrelevant.

Of course, one of the reasons they didn't was because of the attitude that a few have that actually, when you translate, actually is very close to a self-fulling prophesy ... i.e. I'll say something like everyone I disagree with is a fool, meaning that a mod, who does disagree, does what is easiest and most expeditious... and just sets the thing invisible.

That said, a couple of observations on Jason Anavitarte.

He seems first, well educated and I can see GA TECH written all over him. Being well educated is a good thing for people in general and elected leaders as well.

Second, his persona is not that of a politician. He's just not outgoing and gregarious, but rather reserved. I see just from his lack of interest in talking to me (the press) that he is uncomfortable in the role of politician. Good politicians usually just the opposite ... when they see someone, they honk their horn, wave, smile and walk toward you typically with the comment that it is good to see you and if nothing else, will have a joke to share.

Jason, on the other hand, seems awkward in such social settings.

Which, of course, leads one to wonder why he puts himself through the agony of public speaking and politicking ... really. One obvious possible explanation is that he is driven by ambition. I say that because he has been in public office before and he is obviously seeking it again now. His demeanor in stating why he wants to run suffers from his lack of charisma, for lack of another word.

Now this is what I sense from outside the ten foot circle that he exudes.

That said, there is no rule that a politician has to be a glad-handing, baby-kissing, flirtatious sort that immediately puts folks at ease and makes them feel good about themselves, to be a success ... although those skills are assets to those seeking office.

Let me close by saying that smarts make for a lot of short-comings but from what I've heard from Jason, he's not defined the landscape of Paulding politics nor has he defined where he fits in that landscape.

To be truthful, most others in his race have more known positions either because they worked here or there, campaigned for this guy or that guy or because their family history goes back to the nineteenth century. In essence they are known quantities whereas Jason, as a newcomer, is not.

That those with opinions on here might form some and express them, either good or bad, is the reality and the mods ought to be more gentle with those opinions.

But the snide remarks between local groups is like a great big stain on the front of a politician's white shirt - the mods I'm sure were seeking to change shirts.

pubby

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

EXCUSE ME?   And just whom did I slander ?   Careful Animal....that goes both ways.   And by the way, I would LOVE to move on....unfortunately 3 of the post commissioners refuse to let it move o

Whitey, you're not in charge of paulding county. Go to bed.

I support David Barnett because He knows what the problems are within the County And knows what needs to be done to fix them, David has given back to the community in many different ways, Through his

Posted Images

Lets see if I can make some sense of this:

First, Whitey and the bunch express the essentially conservative reaction that this new fellow, Jason Anavitarte, has a background that makes them feel like he may not be too eager to listen to them. They suggest that as a councilman in Doraville, etc. that he took some unpopular positions and that he was somehow not like them and they didn't trust him.

White went so far as to make the assumption that because beach bum didn't give a blow-by-blow of her encounter with the young man, that somehow she must not have been impressed.

Of course she too umbrage at that and portions of the topic went off and the mods set a few invisible.

They shouldn't have done that, frankly. They should have taken the off-topic comments and split them if they were that irrelevant.

Of course, one of the reasons they didn't was because of the attitude that a few have that actually, when you translate, actually is very close to a self-fulling prophesy ... i.e. I'll say something like everyone I disagree with is a fool, meaning that a mod, who does disagree, does what is easiest and most expeditious... and just sets the thing invisible.

That said, a couple of observations on Jason Anavitarte.

He seems first, well educated and I can see GA TECH written all over him. Being well educated is a good thing for people in general and elected leaders as well.

Second, his persona is not that of a politician. He's just not outgoing and gregarious, but rather reserved. I see just from his lack of interest in talking to me (the press) that he is uncomfortable in the role of politician. Good politicians usually just the opposite ... when they see someone, they honk their horn, wave, smile and walk toward you typically with the comment that it is good to see you and if nothing else, will have a joke to share.

Jason, on the other hand, seems awkward in such social settings.

Which, of course, leads one to wonder why he puts himself through the agony of public speaking and politicking ... really. One obvious possible explanation is that he is driven by ambition. I say that because he has been in public office before and he is obviously seeking it again now. His demeanor in stating why he wants to run suffers from his lack of charisma, for lack of another word.

Now this is what I sense from outside the ten foot circle that he exudes.

That said, there is no rule that a politician has to be a glad-handing, baby-kissing, flirtatious sort that immediately puts folks at ease and makes them feel good about themselves, to be a success ... although those skills are assets to those seeking office.

Let me close by saying that smarts make for a lot of short-comings but from what I've heard from Jason, he's not defined the landscape of Paulding politics nor has he defined where he fits in that landscape.

To be truthful, most others in his race have more known positions either because they worked here or there, campaigned for this guy or that guy or because their family history goes back to the nineteenth century. In essence they are known quantities whereas Jason, as a newcomer, is not.

That those with opinions on here might form some and express them, either good or bad, is the reality and the mods ought to be more gentle with those opinions.

But the snide remarks between local groups is like a great big stain on the front of a politician's white shirt - the mods I'm sure were seeking to change shirts.

pubby

Pubby

I intend to post more in this thread about Candidate Anavitarte, And will as soon as I get some more answers from the open records request that I have submitted.

I do know though that Mr. Anavitare is not the "conservative" type candidate that is being portrayed by some of his supporters.

Having said that, You should be aware of the smear campaign That is being conducted on another local web site, and some of the articles posted have now been printed out are being distributed throughout the County. The smears are not limited to this race, But rather cover all three of the commissioners races plus the District 19 race

I did not start the Smear campaign but I do know how to play that game.

Those that post here to cover up their sneaky campaign does not bother me I have thick skin, And have been attacked by some of the best, SO............ let the games begin :D

Pubby

I intend to post more in this thread about Candidate Anavitarte, And will as soon as I get some more answers from the open records request that I have submitted.

I do know though that Mr. Anavitare is not the "conservative" type candidate that is being portrayed by some of his supporters.

Having said that, You should be aware of the smear campaign That is being conducted on another local web site, and some of the articles posted have now been printed out are being distributed throughout the County. The smears are not limited to this race, But rather cover all three of the commissioners races plus the District 19 race

Those that post here to cover up their sneaky campaign does not bother me I have thick skin, And have been attacked by some of the best, SO............ let the games begin :D

Whitey, really? Tit for tat? Real mature for grown adults living together in this community. It truly makes me sad that people want to "play" like this. Now I (and others) would be willing to look at any information you might come across, but to say you are just doing it to play the game is not right. I have no idea about another website, but I know I personally have not received anything about anyone that would be considered part of a smear campaign.

I want to know the good and bad regarding each candidate, but can that not be presented and discussed without the smearing and name calling?

Please someone slap me if I "stoop" to these levels on a local race between our neighbors.

Whitey, really? Tit for tat? Real mature for grown adults living together in this community. It truly makes me sad that people want to "play" like this. Now I (and others) would be willing to look at any information you might come across, but to say you are just doing it to play the game is not right. I have no idea about another website, but I know I personally have not received anything about anyone that would be considered part of a smear campaign.

I want to know the good and bad regarding each candidate, but can that not be presented and discussed without the smearing and name calling?

Please someone slap me if I "stoop" to these levels on a local race between our neighbors.

BP

Educate yourself on the Group who has run and controlled this county for the past 12-14 years. The legacy they have left us is pitiful.

They got their butts handed to them on a platter 2 years ago, losing 2 seats on the BOC they could ill afford to lose. Now those who were in charge are doing their damndest, behind the scenes to take control again. And this group will stop at NOTHING to get the BOC back under their control.

Don't believe me, or Whitey, or whomever. But do indeed get out their and educate yourself on what has happened in the past and work hard to see to it that it does not happen again. We, Paulding County, are indeed the red-headed stepchild of Atlanta. We have no industry, few jobs, and only a bedroom/dormitory community to tide us over. It is time for us to get Industry and Jobs here in Paulding, and that will NOT happen if the old Group of Good Ol Boys can get some of their candidates onto the BOC. We need leadership who are not puppets of the ROBBER BARONS. And that will be a difficult job to take care of.

BP

Educate yourself on the Group who has run and controlled this county for the past 12-14 years. The legacy they have left us is pitiful.

They got their butts handed to them on a platter 2 years ago, losing 2 seats on the BOC they could ill afford to lose. Now those who were in charge are doing their damndest, behind the scenes to take control again. And this group will stop at NOTHING to get the BOC back under their control.

Don't believe me, or Whitey, or whomever. But do indeed get out their and educate yourself on what has happened in the past and work hard to see to it that it does not happen again. We, Paulding County, are indeed the red-headed stepchild of Atlanta. We have no industry, few jobs, and only a bedroom/dormitory community to tide us over. It is time for us to get Industry and Jobs here in Paulding, and that will NOT happen if the old Group of Good Ol Boys can get some of their candidates onto the BOC. We need leadership who are not puppets of the ROBBER BARONS. And that will be a difficult job to take care of.

Please tell us what Group this is? If you apparently already have some information, then perhaps without smearing, you could explain the group that controlled things?

I had asked everyone on here before about the builders and developers groups - which I hear from a lot of older folks in the county that this group destroyed us.

But not sure if that is the same group you are referring to in this post?

Thanks in advance.

BP

I have lived here for quite a while and know some of what went on. I still do not think adults "playing a game" of smear tactics is acceptable. Period. You personally have tried to run someone's name through the mud because of who she worked for. Provided us with facts, but not all of them. I just find it reprehensible that people do this.

I agree that we need industry. We need jobs. We need many things out here, but turning ugly is not helping. I have a few people that live over in the district of Ms. Cochran that have told me they are voting for her after reading what they did here! Now do I agree with that? No. That is not the most informed reason to vote, but they actually feel that she was trying to do her civic duty by running and deserves it with what she has had to put up with!

Tell me what candidate you like and why! I want to know what they are saying and why you think that they would be best for the job. When people come on here and smear someone (no matter if they think they are doing it to inform) they come off as a pompous ass that knows everything and everyone else is too uninformed to make a decision on their own.

I do think you have a lot of knowledge on the county. In depth knowledge that most of us do not have time to get. Share that information with us in a way that you are not running people right into the hands of the people you do not want to have their hands in everything.

I read the candidates websites, press, and do as much checking as I can, but I still come here to gleam more. Unfortunately I am not getting too much good info. This is from both sides and down the middle. I know we are all very passionate when it comes to politics, but I think that our local races should be just a bit different. Respect for our neighbors goes a long way in my book.

JMHO

BTW Surepip ~ what does Anavitarte have to do with the old group? (since we are in the topic of him I was not sure if your post was actually directed towards him or just in general.)

Pubby

You know that little sawed off SOB is just as rude over there as he was here? :blink: That guy has some real mental issues.

Pubby

Let me get this straight...

Someone who is not a Conservative, has openly supported the Obama agenda,

has a history of using the term "teabaggers" to insult Conservatives,

does not live in post 4 and thus is not even eligible to vote in this race;

is going to lecture us as to Mr. Anavitarte's Conservative bonafides ???

You have some nerve accusing other folks of running a smear campaign,

your behavior in this race reeks of the very hypocrisy you denounce.

• Like 2

BP

And if you had any evidence or proof that Jason was in any way

connected to this undefined group you would have already posted it...

Instead you continue to accuse a vague and mysterious connection where none exists,

and attempt to smear his name solely because he is not your candidate of choice...

Anyone else find it funny that Whitey portrays Jason as a dangerous newcomer,

while Pippy is attempting to paint him as connected to the good ol' boy network ???

Y'all need to make up your minds and coordinate your smears... :lol:

Anyone else find it funny that Whitey portrays Jason as a dangerous newcomer,

while Pippy is attempting to paint him as connected to the good ol' boy network ???

Y'all need to make up your minds and coordinate your smears... :lol:

What I find concerning is that the guy seems to be a chameleon. He seems to change his appearance to fit his surroundings.

I am kind of partial to someone that has a place in life and the guts to stay in it regardless.

What I find concerning is that the guy seems to be a chameleon. He seems to change his appearance to fit his surroundings.

I am kind of partial to someone that has a place in life and the guts to stay in it regardless.

Have you not changed your mind on different things during different periods in your life? I would say with age (and many times children) you get wiser and what you once believed to be true might not longer be the way you think.

Very nice guy.. Came by my house and spoke to us. Then I invited him to my office to meet my boss. He came just as he said he would.

NG, this is your neighbor... :yahoo:

Is he the one that lives in front of us?? I thought he was from out our way. :)

Sending a PM. Just going to call you. :)

Have you not changed your mind on different things during different periods in your life? I would say with age (and many times children) you get wiser and what you once believed to be true might not longer be the way you think.

No. Been married to the same beautiful woman for 35 years too. I am what I am, like it or not I don't change for anyone. And damn sure not to get elected to the Paulding County Board of Commissioners.

No. Been married to the same beautiful woman for 35 years too. I am what I am, like it or not I don't change for anyone. And damn sure not to get elected to the Paulding County Board of Commissioners.

Congrats on 35 years. That is a wonderful accomplishment! All I meant with my comment was I saw the world as a different place when I was younger and many of my ideas and beliefs have grown and gone in a different direction over the years. I didn't change for anyone I grew.

Got this in an email, today. Interesting enough.

For Immediate Release: For Information Contact: June 18, 2010 Jason Anavitarte 770-652-1287

********************* PRESS RELEASE *********************

Anavitarte Calls for Budget Cuts and Reinstatement of Prior Year’s Tax Rate

for All Paulding County Property Owners

Jason Anavitarte, Republican Candidate for Paulding County Commission Post 4, has called on the Paulding County Commission to cut an additional $500,000 from its proposed 2011 budget. This will allow the current property tax mill-rate of 6.65 to return to 6.50, where it was prior to the Board of Commissioners raising it last summer.

Anavitarte said, “Our county government needs to recognize the tax burden that is currently being shouldered by the homeowners of Paulding County. During this past Tuesday’s Paulding Chamber of Commerce Candidate Forum, a few of the commissioner candidates suggested that now is the time for citizens to donate more of their time and money to the county. I, however, believe it is time for the exact opposite. Which of the following makes more sense: A few individuals donating their part-time salaries ($24k) to the government? Or the county returning $500k to the taxpayers? It is quite evident that some candidates for commissioner have more sympathy for the tightness of the county’s operations budget than they do for the devastated personal and family budgets of our citizens.”

In addition, Anavitarte said, “We still need to provide adequate funding for essential services like public safety to ensure safety of our citizens and develop priorities for non-essential spending. Leadership is about making difficult decisions and the true test of a leader is when you have to do more with less.”

Jason, his wife Jennifer, and daughters Madison and Taylor reside in Dallas, GA. He is a graduate of Georgia State University and received his Masters Degree from Georgia Tech in Regional Economic Development. Jason has local government experience serving on the city council of Doraville, where he grew up, and was elected by his peers as Mayor Pro Tem. He is a member of the Paulding Chamber of Commerce, Paulding Children’s Cabinet, and Child Advocacy Centers of Georgia Board of Directors.

For Immediate Release: For Information Contact: June 18, 2010 Jason Anavitarte 770-652-1287

Jason Anavitarte, Republican Candidate for Paulding County Commission Post 4, has called on the Paulding County Commission to cut an additional $500,000 from its proposed 2011 budget. This will allow the current property tax mill-rate of 6.65 to return to 6.50, where it was prior to the Board of Commissioners raising it last summer.

Anavitarte said, “Our county government needs to recognize the tax burden that is currently being shouldered by the homeowners of Paulding County. During this past Tuesday’s Paulding Chamber of Commerce Candidate Forum, a few of the commissioner candidates suggested that now is the time for citizens to donate more of their time and money to the county. I, however, believe it is time for the exact opposite. Which of the following makes more sense: A few individuals donating their part-time salaries ($24k) to the government? Or the county returning $500k to the taxpayers? It is quite evident that some candidates for commissioner have more sympathy for the tightness of the county’s operations budget than they do for the devastated personal and family budgets of our citizens.”

In addition, Anavitarte said, “We still need to provide adequate funding for essential services like public safety to ensure safety of our citizens and develop priorities for non-essential spending. Leadership is about making difficult decisions and the true test of a leader is when you have to do more with less.”

Jason, his wife Jennifer, and daughters Madison and Taylor reside in Dallas, GA. He is a graduate of Georgia State University and received his Masters Degree from Georgia Tech in Regional Economic Development. Jason has local government experience serving on the city council of Doraville, where he grew up, and was elected by his peers as Mayor Pro Tem. He is a member of the Paulding Chamber of Commerce, Paulding Children’s Cabinet, and Child Advocacy Centers of Georgia Board of Directors.

It's On!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrLHf47N0xw

Edited by GOP Rules!

Just spending some time trying to find this "press release" on line. I also try to re-read my posts a lot, in the past I've posted some stupid things by over reacting and posting too quick. 8)

Anybody else get this? I can't find it on-line. I hope it's a hoax, or Mr Anavitarte has lost my vote in record time.

That press release is one of the most worthless things I've read in a while and since I'm on here a lot, that is saying something. :lol:

David Austin has cut taxes both years he's been in office, the rate change last year was just trying to build up a little bit of reserve after Jerry wiped most of it out with his Courthouse bonds boondoggle. He has cut approx $10 million from the budget over the last two years and would have been within his rights to raise the millage rate to keep the same tax revenue level, but instead took the hard road and did cut the budget. On top of that, he has had to deal with the costs of the massive flooding last year. All that overtime for the PCSO and DOT had to come from somewhere.

In my opinion, if this is a true release, Jason has just shown himself to be a grand stander, the last thing this county needs. Also, I think it shows he would not hesitate to stab David and the other BOC members in the back when he saw it to his advantage. We do not need in fighting on the BOC, we need commissioners working TOGETHER towards *practical* solutions.

I'm not voting early because I want to see the donation reports for the candidates. But if this was indeed a true press release, Jason will not even be an option for me.

• Like 1

Just spending some time trying to find this "press release" on line. I also try to re-read my posts a lot, in the past I've posted some stupid things by over reacting and posting too quick. 8)

Anybody else get this? I can't find it on-line. I hope it's a hoax, or Mr Anavitarte has lost my vote in record time.

That press release is one of the most worthless things I've read in a while and since I'm on here a lot, that is saying something. :lol:

David Austin has cut taxes both years he's been in office, the rate change last year was just trying to build up a little bit of reserve after Jerry wiped most of it out with his Courthouse bonds boondoggle. He has cut approx $10 million from the budget over the last two years and would have been within his rights to raise the millage rate to keep the same tax revenue level, but instead took the hard road and did cut the budget. On top of that, he has had to deal with the costs of the massive flooding last year. All that overtime for the PCSO and DOT had to come from somewhere.

In my opinion, if this is a true release, Jason has just shown himself to be a grand stander, the last thing this county needs. Also, I think it shows he would not hesitate to stab David and the other BOC members in the back when he saw it to his advantage. We do not need in fighting on the BOC, we need commissioners working TOGETHER towards *practical* solutions.

I'm not voting early because I want to see the donation reports for the candidates. But if this was indeed a true press release, Jason will not even be an option for me.

Grand-standing? Like two candidates standing up and announcing in unison that they'll donate their salaries to the county if elected?

Grand-standing? Like two candidates standing up and announcing in unison that they'll donate their salaries to the county if elected?

Yes, in a way, but at least their grandstand wasn't an attack on the current BOC.

I don't understand it, none of those running are incumbents, why attack a $10,000,000 tax cut by saying it should be $10,500,000? What's the point?

David has proven to me that he does want to balance the needs of the county with conservative values. I want someone who will work with him on that.

Chainsaw nice try but no cigar for this press release.

First this is a typical statement that would come from an ultra liberal candidate who came up through the ranks of the city of Atlanta politics, and, was elected in a very liberal city with an almost nonexistent conservative base.

Since Mr. Anavitarte raised the issue, I do think it is most worthy of discussing, I believe Jason moved here about three years ago, In 2009 Commission Chairman David Austin held a Town Hall Type meeting in which all citizens were invited to attend to discuss the proposed 2009 County Budget

Did Mr. Anavitarte attend that meeting, if, so what items did Mr. Anavitarte discuss at that meeting for ways to cut the budget and still maintain the core needs of all citizens, many concerned citizens did attend that meeting and expressed their ideas on some budget cuts, And many were adopted, and as a result the budget was reduced another hundreds of thousands of dollars Do you remember that meeting? Fact is the Chairman of the commission announced at that meeting to drop by his office, or send him e-mails on suggestions as to how to further reduce the budget Did Mr.Anavitarte avail him to this offer, and meet with the Chairman and offer any suggestions?

Finally there were three more PUBLIC HEARINGS on this tax increase In front of the full board of the County Commissioners, Where Mr. Anavitarte had three different occasions in which to discuss the Budget in its entirety, With no time limits, and no pre requirement to sign up before speaking, and in front of the camera’s to be broadcast throughout the county. PLEASE TELL ME WHAT MR. ANAVITARTE proposed during those meetings that would have reduced the budget by the $500,000 that is mentioned in his press release?

If Mr. Anavitarte has been following the budget process this year, He would have known that the current budget is returning several MILLIONS of dollars to the citizens of Paulding instead of the $ 500,000 that he is suggesting, my he is really out of touch with Paulding County.

Finally, what has Mr. Anavitarte gave back to the community in his three years since he has been here?

I can tell you one thing, And you know it to be a fact, He has not nor will he ever give back to the community the time, or effort, To make Paulding County a better place to live, work, play and worship that Mr. Todd Pownall and David Barnett have. And they are to be commended for agreeing to donate their first two years of salary, to help the county through one of the most severe recessions that we have ever experienced

Paulding County is not ready for his liberal policies that originated in Atlanta Georgia And was quite evident with his term on the City Council at Doraville Georgia

Chainsaw nice try but no cigar for this press release.

First this is a typical statement that would come from an ultra liberal candidate who came up through the ranks of the city of Atlanta politics, and, was elected in a very liberal city with an almost nonexistent conservative base.

Since Mr. Anavitarte raised the issue, I do think it is most worthy of discussing, I believe Jason moved here about three years ago, In 2009 Commission Chairman David Austin held a Town Hall Type meeting in which all citizens were invited to attend to discuss the proposed 2009 County Budget

Did Mr. Anavitarte attend that meeting, if, so what items did Mr. Anavitarte discuss at that meeting for ways to cut the budget and still maintain the core needs of all citizens, many concerned citizens did attend that meeting and expressed their ideas on some budget cuts, And many were adopted, and as a result the budget was reduced another hundreds of thousands of dollars Do you remember that meeting? Fact is the Chairman of the commission announced at that meeting to drop by his office, or send him e-mails on suggestions as to how to further reduce the budget Did Mr.Anavitarte avail him to this offer, and meet with the Chairman and offer any suggestions?

Finally there were three more PUBLIC HEARINGS on this tax increase In front of the full board of the County Commissioners, Where Mr. Anavitarte had three different occasions in which to discuss the Budget in its entirety, With no time limits, and no pre requirement to sign up before speaking, and in front of the camera’s to be broadcast throughout the county. PLEASE TELL ME WHAT MR. ANAVITARTE proposed during those meetings that would have reduced the budget by the $500,000 that is mentioned in his press release?

If Mr. Anavitarte has been following the budget process this year, He would have known that the current budget is returning several MILLIONS of dollars to the citizens of Paulding instead of the $ 500,000 that he is suggesting, my he is really out of touch with Paulding County.

Finally, what has Mr. Anavitarte gave back to the community in his three years since he has been here?

I can tell you one thing, And you know it to be a fact, He has not nor will he ever give back to the community the time, or effort, To make Paulding County a better place to live, work, play and worship that Mr. Todd Pownall and David Barnett have. And they are to be commended for agreeing to donate their first two years of salary, to help the county through one of the most severe recessions that we have ever experienced

Paulding County is not ready for his liberal policies that originated in Atlanta Georgia And was quite evident with his term on the City Council at Doraville Georgia

A liberal calling another person a liberal for wanting the tax-rate cut. I've seen it all now. :rofl:

• Like 1

A liberal calling another person a liberal for wanting the tax-rate cut. I've seen it all now. :rofl:

You ain't seen nothing yet, If Mr. Anavitarte would just stop the press releases, And sign up for P.Com and discuss the issues with the voters :yahoo: Come on Jason Be a man. Lets get it all out on the web site :D

You ain't seen nothing yet, If Mr. Anavitarte would just stop the press releases, And sign up for P.Com and discuss the issues with the voters :yahoo: Come on Jason Be a man. Lets get it all out on the web site :D

Whitey, you're not in charge of paulding county. Go to bed. :yahoo:

• Like 2

You are begining to sound a lot like ithey now a little BS but no facts to support your disagreements with what I post, A two year old could post your replies. OH I almost forgot..................... :D

You are begining to sound a lot like ithey now a little BS but no facts to support your disagreements with what I post, A two year old could post your replies. OH I almost forgot..................... :D

I don't need facts to disagree with pure speculation.

I won't vote for Jason for two reasons, 1st, he supported spousal benefits for queers when he was an official in Doraville. I don't.

2nd, I don't live in his post. I would vote against him though.

Anavitarte said, "Our county government needs to recognize the tax burden that is currently being shouldered by the homeowners of Paulding County.[/b] During this past Tuesday’s Paulding Chamber of Commerce Candidate Forum, a few of the commissioner candidates suggested that now is the time for citizens to donate more of their time and money to the county. I, however, believe it is time for the exact opposite. Which of the following makes more sense: A few individuals donating their part-time salaries ($24k) to the government? Or the county returning $500k to the taxpayers? It is quite evident that some candidates for commissioner have more sympathy for the tightness of the county’s operations budget than they do for the devastated personal and family budgets of our citizens.”

Cut property tax rate to help grow local economy,

oppose wasteful spending and public safety cuts,

and lower dependence on residents for revenue.

- Jason Anavitarte

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

I do not want another spineless "yes" man on the county commission,

a new good old local backscratching network of entrenched interests.

I want someone who is willing to make tough choices and

stand up for the hardworking taxpayers of this county...

My vote is for JASON ANAVITARTE !!!

I won't vote for Jason for two reasons, 1st, he supported spousal benefits for queers when he was an official in Doraville. I don't.

2nd, I don't live in his post. I would vote against him though.

Seriously? Name calling is ridiculous. If you agree or not with a lifestyle choice you do not have to resort to name calling. I am sure you must be perfect, right?

Cut property tax rate to help grow local economy,

oppose wasteful spending and public safety cuts,

and lower dependence on residents for revenue.

- Jason Anavitarte

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

I do not want another spineless "yes" man on the county commission,

a new good old local backscratching network of entrenched interests.

I want someone who is willing to make tough choices and

stand up for the hardworking taxpayers of this county...

My vote is for JASON ANAVITARTE !!!

I think that is what a lot of people need to look at. I do not want a lot of "fighting", but I do not want everyone agreeing on every little detail. The overall goal should be to make Paulding a better place, but there is a lot to be said about having a voice to say, "maybe this would work better" instead of, "yes."