Paulding.com

Just WHY? is Beverly Cochran running for the Post 2 Commission Seat ?

Seriously? No wonder people are leaving this website in droves and turning to sites like Facebook instead. You have let everyone on here trash Beverly and when someone takes up for her you shut them down and say they've been impolite? You let certain people post lies and malign people extensively and when someone takes up for them, you tell them they've been disrespectful? What a joke your website has become! I don't know why I ever bother to waste my time looking at this trash.

I have neither posted lies nor trashed Mrs. Cochran, And neither have I sat back and agreed with some of the praise that has been heaped upon her.

My friend that is called a Political discussion about the issues.

If you have been following the discussion about post #2, I am sure that you Realize that Mrs. Cochran has attempted to distance herself from the past administration, however the interview that Pubby did With Mrs. Cochran certainly dispels any Thought of a disconnect from the previous administration

Given that thought you have the opportunity to campaign for or against her as you wish.

Were you trashing Golden in another thread, I say no you were raising issues that should be considered when deciding who to vote for

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It is becoming quite comical isn't it? Surepip just keeps on "digging that hole" a little deeper and deeper - isn't there a song about that? What goes around, comes around..........

Of course they turned you down. Look how you act.

Newly elected and/or appointed politicians generally bring in their own staff.   Those who were working for the previous administration have no job security once the new officials take office. The

I was not here in the 50’s, so I have no idea what it was like here back then.

I was here during the 2000 thru 2008 administration and I am completely aware of what it was like then, and even today, some of the remnants of that administration are left over, with the likes of Kirby, Powell, And Ragsdale. Two of which have opted not to seek re election.

You Stated

It appears to me, that the three commissioners mentioned above refused to move Mrs. Cochran from her previous position, thus the need for the contract in question.

As the old saying goes birds of a feather flock together, it is truly a sad day when a new incoming Commission Chairman, Cannot put employees in top decision making positions that would advance the platform that they ran on.

This should be a given to any incoming Commission Chairman

Winchester, I believe I do understand, Even better than yourself,This is the good old bot network working at it's finest.

BTW was you here in the 50's, I thought not,just some more of your idle talk

Wow..............that is all I can say. DOT, you have other things you might want to concentrate on. :lol:

• Like 1

Maybe SurePip should hire Bev to represent him? She's obviously a better negotiator. I think someone is jealous.

It is becoming quite comical isn't it? Surepip just keeps on "digging that hole" a little deeper and deeper - isn't there a song about that? :rofl: What goes around, comes around..........

• Like 2

Maybe SurePip should hire Bev to represent him? She's obviously a better negotiator. I think someone is jealous.

From what we understand, her buddies on the BOC; Larry Ragsdale, Wayne Kirby, and Don Powell are the same 3 who refuse to even negotiate with us on our suits.

But HEY, as we go into the next phase of the litigation that has cost the taxpayers of Paulding more than $1Million Dollares, that is not all bad. We would prefer for a jury to decide our fate instead of those 3.But at least we offered to sit down and discuss it with them. And they threw more money to the attorneys and turned us down.

• Like 2

Maybe it's not so much 'Bev' and her negotiation as it was she had three commissioners fighting for her whereas Surepip has had three commissioners fighting against even giving him his day in court.

Once again I have to say that all Surepip has been asking for is his day in court and to let the judge decide. To me, the party that drags a case out is the one that doesn't have much of a case to begin with.

• Like 1

As I recall elections past let me remind the Pcom audience you earned your moniker 'animal' by dropping bombs just like the kind you seem to deplore here.

pubby

Your right,and now lets just say I am a different animal. I saw where it hurt people and cause ill feelings. These elections are for adult entertainment,and should be in that group. Now since I have gotten older and have had many elections under my belt I see things quite different.

Want to meet me for drinks on election night :drinks: :clapping:

From what we understand, her buddies on the BOC; Larry Ragsdale, Wayne Kirby, and Don Powell are the same 3 who refuse to even negotiate with us on our suits.

But HEY, as we go into the next phase of the litigation that has cost the taxpayers of Paulding more than $1Million Dollares, that is not all bad. We would prefer for a jury to decide our fate instead of those 3.But at least we offered to sit down and discuss it with them. And they threw more money to the attorneys and turned us down.

• Like 3

And for what it is worth, you have cost this county a LOT more than Beverly has.

Excuse me?

How about the 3 commissioners who are Beverly's supporters have cost the county a LOT more than Beverly has.

The BOC law team from Holland & Knight have a blank check to attempt by frivilous litigation to keep us out the courtroom.

And you are fussing at us from spending out life savings trying to defend our property rights which the county chose to deny us ?

We are wrong for trying to get our property which was taken by the developer back? But Beverly is FINE and Outstanding because she threatened litigation to protect her cushy high paying job.

OK......dry.gif

• Like 3

So if I buy next to you and use 20' of your property for my driveway, you're not going to be concerned? If you ask the county to investigate for two years and they ignore you, you wouldn't be PO'd with them?

Gimmie a break.

• Like 2

So if I buy next to you and use 20' of your property for my driveway, you're not going to be concerned? If you ask the county to investigate for two years and they ignore you, you wouldn't be PO'd with them?

Gimmie a break.

Thanks SG.

When we got the newly formatted tax bill last fall that really brought it home. We are, and have been paying taxes on what is now the road, and 2-1/2 feet of the front yards across the street. Good old Paulding County!

• Like 1

Wow.. I have read all 4 pages of this tragedy..

Let me give you my run down on this from an outside party who knows none of these people or posters..

Everyone is screaming for THEIR favorite to win and tossing slop on others with a differing view point because its not who they like.

Its rather sad to see ADULTS act in such a manner towards each other. Its no wonder our country is going down the tubes as it is. When neighbor will fight neighbor tooth and nail, Its really show a weakness in our community.

Dont get me wrong, Im not saying lay down and die if someone doesnt agree to knock rock the boat. Perhaps I am seeing to far into this for what it really is and taking it out of context..

I can say this, If you dont live in the area this person is running for.. I really dont see the reason to keep it up.. Make your case based on FACTS and let it go. This whole thread seems to be a cancer of this forum. I realize I dont post ever except about fish tanks and horror movies, but I still live in the county and care what happens.

I wouldnt make any decisions of who I would vote for based on slander and mud slinging though.. I feel sorry for those that would....

• Like 1

Let me give you my run down on this from an outside party who knows none of these people or posters..

Everyone is screaming for THEIR favorite to win and tossing slop on others with a differing view point because its not who they like.

Its rather sad to see ADULTS act in such a manner towards each other. Its no wonder our country is going down the tubes as it is. When neighbor will fight neighbor tooth and nail, Its really show a weakness in our community.

Dont get me wrong, Im not saying lay down and die if someone doesnt agree to knock rock the boat. Perhaps I am seeing to far into this for what it really is and taking it out of context..

I can say this, If you dont live in the area this person is running for.. I really dont see the reason to keep it up.. Make your case based on FACTS and let it go. This whole thread seems to be a cancer of this forum. I realize I dont post ever except about fish tanks and horror movies, but I still live in the county and care what happens.

I wouldnt make any decisions of who I would vote for based on slander and mud slinging though.. I feel sorry for those that would....

Excellent, excellent post!! :clapping: :clapping:

Excuse me?

How about the 3 commissioners who are Beverly's supporters have cost the county a LOT more than Beverly has.

The BOC law team from Holland & Knight have a blank check to attempt by frivolous litigation to keep us out the courtroom.

And you are fussing at us from spending out life savings trying to defend our property rights which the county chose to deny us ?

We are wrong for trying to get our property which was taken by the developer back? But Beverly is FINE and Outstanding because she threatened litigation to protect her cushy high paying job.

OK......dry.gif

When is the next court date? And what will be decided at it?

Thanks SG.

When we got the newly formatted tax bill last fall that really brought it home. We are, and have been paying taxes on what is now the road, and 2-1/2 feet of the front yards across the street. Good old Paulding County!

I just love how I got a negative vote for asking a question of him/her. Guess I hit a nerve for somebody. :lol:

<Sigh>

I just have this feeling that none of these people have ever had to try to fight a company or government with deep pockets to right a perceived wrong. :( I of course have not seen all the evidence for both sides since the county will not go to court, but it seems I'm the only one here that can imagine your frustration with not even being able to get into the courtroom to present your case!

This is supposed to be a country of equality under the law, not equality to the deep pocket developer and governments. It saddens me and scares me at the same time. Next time it may be me getting the shaft.

• Like 3

DrNecropolis

Thanks for your comments, and I respect them, and you make some very good points, others in this forum also make some very good points

From the year 2000, And maybe even beyond except on rare instances, All the local races have been decided during the Republican Primary, held in July of each year, Fact is all of the Tax increases are imposed after the primaries are run, And before the General election, In addition most Bond issues (School Bonds) And the fire tax levy, SPLOST tax Etc, are also held at times other than the General Election, When voter turnout is at the lowest point

The Politicians in the County have realized that all that has to be done is raise the most money Where the most signs can be erected, the most mail outs can be mailed even use the TV media to get their message out , And also use the internet such as Twitter, Face book Etc. But never face the voters in an open debate, in public, on the record, and respond to questions being raised. And the election is in the bag.

Since, In most cases the winner of the Republican Primary, Is the winner of the contested seat, The message from all of the candidates are basically the same………..Such as opposition to tax increases, Better roads, More police and fire protection, Better schools, better use of the Airport, More jobs. Etc. Furthermore, No politician, who expects to get elected would ever post something on their web site contrary to the aforementioned items. And most certainly would distance them from anything that would be controversial.

For instance have you seen any of the candidates Boast about receiving the most money from the Paulding County Builders Association? Or maybe I served eight years on the School Board and I am Proud of my achievements there? Or I had an affair with my Mother in Law when I was just a Kid? Or I was part of an Administration that has almost bankrupted Paulding County? Or I have supported every tax increase ever imposed on the citizens of Paulding County, or while I was serving on the City Council in Doraville I supported legislation that was beneficial to the gay and lesbian movement? Or a vast amount of the campaign dollars that I have received came from outside the County, And In a lot of cases from outside the State of Georgia?

True, Most of the candidates have scheduled meet and greet type functions, and got up and gave their spiel about their platform, but how many are willing to have an open debate, Town Hall type where a moderator will take questions from an audience? And the candidates will give spontaneous answers?

I was really impressed with the David Austin Town Hall meeting last year on the proposed Budget where ordinary citizens were allowed to ask questions, and received answers, Right there in real time. No moderator to censor the questions, all questions were asked and answered right then and there.

Since this has never occurred in a political race here in Paulding County, I suspect that questions will continue to be asked here on Paulding .Com The surrogates of the respectful candidates will continue to answer the questions, And cry foul, or holler slander, Mudslinging etc.

The candidates will continue to seek money from the special interest groups, put up their signs, Do the flyer type mail outs, Attend pre staged meet and greets etc. And a few will continue to post here on P.com the real facts of the candidates. And since this is basically a one party County and citizens tend to have a low voter turnout in a primary election about 30% of the registered voters will decide the fate of our tax structure, School system, Road system, Public safety, Building codes Etc.

And yes they will even be some who even post here about how bad the Democrats have screwed this County up, Even though the Republicans have had total control of the County for over a decade

An, open debate in a forum where all citizens can post their views, And Candidates for elected office can openly address the citizens concerns , Will always bring out the best in a candidate.

Albeit few, if any will opt to come here on P.com and discuss the issues being raised, the questions still remain unanswered and will certainly be taken into consideration when I cast my ballot

• Like 2

I just love how I got a negative vote for asking a question of him/her. Guess I hit a nerve for somebody. :lol:

<Sigh>

I just have this feeling that none of these people have ever had to try to fight a company or government with deep pockets to right a perceived wrong. :( I of course have not seen all the evidence for both sides since the county will not go to court, but it seems I'm the only one here that can imagine your frustration with not even being able to get into the courtroom to present your case!

This is supposed to be a country of equality under the law, not equality to the deep pocket developer and governments. It saddens me and scares me at the same time. Next time it may be me getting the shaft.

I am not one to wish anything bad on another person. Having said that, I also believe in what goes around comes around. It would be hard to keep from grinning if the county ever decided to screw over a few of these people.

• Like 1

I am not one to wish anything bad on another person. Having said that, I also believe in what goes around comes around. It would be hard to keep from grinning if the county ever decided to screw over a few of these people.

You know I bet I could call any one of these candidates, and they would come to my house and sit down with me and talk.

But you know what, they are not in my district, so I think I will bother them. I bet they would sit down and talk to

anybody in their district.

You know I bet I could call any one of these candidates, and they would come to my house and sit down with me and talk.

But you know what, they are not in my district, so I think I will bother them. I bet they would sit down and talk to

Awlrighty then. :blink:

They might at that. But if you believe anything that comes out of a candidate's mouth during campaign season, then the joke is on you.

My dad was lied to in his own home by a candidate for Commission chairman for Cobb county years ago at a gathering my dad put on to promote his campaign. I haven't believed a campaign promise since.

They might at that. But if you believe anything that comes out of a candidate's mouth during campaign season, then the joke is on you.

My dad was lied to in his own home by a candidate for Commission chairman for Cobb county years ago at a gathering my dad put on to promote his campaign. I haven't believed a campaign promise since.

Kinda like "change you can believe in" ?

I didn't say I would believe everything they said. I would have a chance to ask them all about the things that they

were accused of doing. You can just about tell if they are lying if you talk to them long enough. You know some

people can't lie with a straight face, or they can't look you in the eye, when they do. Yes I know some people can

look you straight in the eye and lie to you. Do you believe all this that is being written on here? I sure don't.

And yes they will even be some who even post here about how bad the Democrats have screwed this County up, Even though the Republicans have had total control of the County for over a decade.

Actually, the democrats have been running as Republicans since they figured out that's the only way to get elected. So the R next to a name in this county means nothing.

DrNecropolis

Thanks for your comments, and I respect them, and you make some very good points, others in this forum also make some very good points

From the year 2000, And maybe even beyond except on rare instances, All the local races have been decided during the Republican Primary, held in July of each year, Fact is all of the Tax increases are imposed after the primaries are run, And before the General election, In addition most Bond issues (School Bonds) And the fire tax levy, SPLOST tax Etc, are also held at times other than the General Election, When voter turnout is at the lowest point

The Politicians in the County have realized that all that has to be done is raise the most money Where the most signs can be erected, the most mail outs can be mailed even use the TV media to get their message out , And also use the internet such as Twitter, Face book Etc. But never face the voters in an open debate, in public, on the record, and respond to questions being raised. And the election is in the bag.

Since, In most cases the winner of the Republican Primary, Is the winner of the contested seat, The message from all of the candidates are basically the same………..Such as opposition to tax increases, Better roads, More police and fire protection, Better schools, better use of the Airport, More jobs. Etc. Furthermore, No politician, who expects to get elected would ever post something on their web site contrary to the aforementioned items. And most certainly would distance them from anything that would be controversial.

For instance have you seen any of the candidates Boast about receiving the most money from the Paulding County Builders Association? Or maybe I served eight years on the School Board and I am Proud of my achievements there? Or I had an affair with my Mother in Law when I was just a Kid? Or I was part of an Administration that has almost bankrupted Paulding County? Or I have supported every tax increase ever imposed on the citizens of Paulding County, or while I was serving on the City Council in Doraville I supported legislation that was beneficial to the gay and lesbian movement? Or a vast amount of the campaign dollars that I have received came from outside the County, And In a lot of cases from outside the State of Georgia?

True, Most of the candidates have scheduled meet and greet type functions, and got up and gave their spiel about their platform, but how many are willing to have an open debate, Town Hall type where a moderator will take questions from an audience? And the candidates will give spontaneous answers?

I was really impressed with the David Austin Town Hall meeting last year on the proposed Budget where ordinary citizens were allowed to ask questions, and received answers, Right there in real time. No moderator to censor the questions, all questions were asked and answered right then and there.

Since this has never occurred in a political race here in Paulding County, I suspect that questions will continue to be asked here on Paulding .Com The surrogates of the respectful candidates will continue to answer the questions, And cry foul, or holler slander, Mudslinging etc.

The candidates will continue to seek money from the special interest groups, put up their signs, Do the flyer type mail outs, Attend pre staged meet and greets etc. And a few will continue to post here on P.com the real facts of the candidates. And since this is basically a one party County and citizens tend to have a low voter turnout in a primary election about 30% of the registered voters will decide the fate of our tax structure, School system, Road system, Public safety, Building codes Etc.

And yes they will even be some who even post here about how bad the Democrats have screwed this County up, Even though the Republicans have had total control of the County for over a decade

An, open debate in a forum where all citizens can post their views, And Candidates for elected office can openly address the citizens concerns , Will always bring out the best in a candidate.

Albeit few, if any will opt to come here on P.com and discuss the issues being raised, the questions still remain unanswered and will certainly be taken into consideration when I cast my ballot

Thank you for the intelligent and well spoken reply..

Actually, the democrats have been running as Republicans since they figured out that's the only way to get elected. So the R next to a name in this county means nothing.

I agree take whitey for instance,he is a democrat but supports Tod Pownall. It is his hard work at sign placement that shows he is voting for the man and not the party. Now if he would get that bass boat out and take me fishing I would help him with signs. I may be easy but not cheap besides those big signs in your garage are of no value unless you put them out. :clapping:

Care to name some of them? Heck I thought they had to sign a loyalty oath.

I think I might be able to shed some light,if you want to change parties it is easy. Check David Austins past he was a Democrat awhile back. His brother who we all know is a democrat has attended some republican party meetings. Now Whitey you should be able to answer that question,your a democrat and you are supporting a republican. I think things has become diluted.

If you notice Drew Lane is a independent,also Mr.Stout is a Independent.

I think I might be able to shed some light,if you want to change parties it is easy. Check David Austins past he was a Democrat awhile back. His brother who we all know is a democrat has attended some republican party meetings. Now Whitey you should be able to answer that question,your a democrat and you are supporting a republican. I think things has become diluted.

If you notice Drew Lane is a independent,also Mr.Stout is a Independent.

BUT BUT BUT........I thought Boyd Austin Introduced Governor Purdue at a rally on the square about four years ago?

Ahh .......I think I am getting the drift now, It appears to me that all of the Pre 2008 election republicans are the only true Republicans, In Paulding County The rest are RINO'S or maybe even Democrats in sheeps clothing?

Where do the "TEA BAGGERS" fit into the picture?

How is that Loyalty Oath "THINGY" working in the Republican Party?

Most everyone knows that there is a severe split in the Republican Party In paulding County you have the Radicals(Tea Baggers), Those that were a Part of the previous Adminstration (pre 2008), and those that are a part of the current adminstration.

How do I come to this conclusion? Pretty simple look at the candidates and the positions that they are running for.

Heaven forbid the Tea baggers, And the pre 2008 Republicans ever re take the Republican Party back over again.

BTW animal You preached a little sermon on here about how this is "adult Entertainment" And that you were not going to get involved, Because too many people got hurt,And family and friends were hurt, by things being said,Change your mind? If so welcome back But who are you supporting....................Even though your hoss is not in the race, Some of his ardent supporters are Let me take a guess who you are supporting Post 2 Cochran Post 3 Collett Post 4 Aivaitare or Barnett ,District 19 Paulette even though you like Golden, DA plumley Did I miss many :D OH and I am sure you will vote against the County SPLOST also RIGHT????

BUT BUT BUT........I thought Boyd Austin Introduced Governor Purdue at a rally on the square about four years ago?

Ahh .......I think I am getting the drift now, It appears to me that all of the Pre 2008 election republicans are the only true Republicans, In Paulding County The rest are RINO'S or maybe even Democrats in sheeps clothing?

Where do the "TEA BAGGERS" fit into the picture?

How is that Loyalty Oath "THINGY" working in the Republican Party?

Most everyone knows that there is a severe split in the Republican Party In paulding County you have the Radicals(Tea Baggers), Those that were a Part of the previous Adminstration (pre 2008), and those that are a part of the current adminstration.

How do I come to this conclusion? Pretty simple look at the candidates and the positions that they are running for.

Heaven forbid the Tea baggers, And the pre 2008 Republicans ever re take the Republican Party back over again.

BTW animal You preached a little sermon on here about how this is "adult Entertainment" And that you were not going to get involved, Because too many people got hurt,And family and friends were hurt, by things being said,Change your mind? If so welcome back But who are you supporting....................Even though your hoss is not in the race, Some of his ardent supporters are Let me take a guess who you are supporting Post 2 Cochran Post 3 Collett Post 4 Aivaitare or Barnett ,District 19 Paulette even though you like Golden, DA plumley Did I miss many biggrin.gif OH and I am sure you will vote against the County SPLOST also RIGHT????

You really don't have a clue about what is happening in the Paulding GOP and I would venture a guess that you are wrong about most of the candidates that Animal is supporting.

You really don't have a clue about what is happening in the Paulding GOP and I would venture a guess that you are wrong about most of the candidates that Animal is supporting.

Probably do not know as much as you do,But I can see a lot of snipeing going on in this forum.I know animal pretty well he knows how to jerk my chain and I know how to jerk his

No you missed quite a few,I don't want any new or old taxes. I like Chad in the DA race,but for once I am quite undecided. Recent developments have me thinking,I truly like most who are running. So I might sit this one out and return another day,Whitey we have went rounds before and we were on opposite sides. This time I just want to go fishing with you! :clapping:

Care to explain what you mean by Independent? They are both running on the Republican ticket.

I noticed this in that sraw poll on here,I might miss read it but it looked like there was an "I" next to them.

I noticed this in that sraw poll on here,I might miss read it but it looked like there was an "I" next to them.

The "I" is for INCUMBENT. Which, in and of itself, is reason enough to vote another way. Especially in the DA's race. On second thought, in that case, the "I" stands for INCOMPETENT.

• Like 2