Paulding.com

Lets see how the election is looking

Some questions on the July 20 ballot  

202 members have voted

1. 1. Voters are being asked to renew the SPLOST (one cent sales tax). How are you leaning?

• Favor renewal of the SPLOST
    • Reject renewal of the SPLOST
    • Undecided
  2. 2. Do you plan to vote in the Republican or Democratic Primary?

• I plan to vote in the Republican Primary
    • I plan to vote in the Democratic Primary
    • undecided
  3. 3. Republican primary voters, who do you support for the District 19 House Seat?

• Paulette Rakestraw Braddock
    • Steve R. Golden
    • Daniel Stout (I)
    • Undecided
    • NA: Voting in Democratic primary
  4. 4. Republican primary voters will choose the next District Attorney. Who do you support for this office

• Dick Donovan
    • Drew Lane (I)
    • Chad Plumley
    • Undecided
  5. 5. Republican Primary voters within the various districts will choose the next Post 2 commissioner. Who do you support?

• Beverly Cochran
    • Adam Gregory
    • Todd Pownall
    • Undecided
  6. 6. Republican Primary voters within the various districts will choose the next Post 3 commissioner. Who do you support?

• H.V. Collett II
    • Tommie Graham (I)
    • Undecided
  7. 7. Republican Primary voters within the various districts will choose the next Post 4 commissioner. Who do you support?

• Jason Anavitarte
    • David Barnett
    • Earl Cosgrove
    • Tony Crowe
    • Undecided
  8. 8. There is but one local candidate running as a Democrat. Will Avery is running for District 19. What do you think about that?

• I think it is good, we should all encourage a two-party system.
    • I think that everyone should be a Republican in Paulding
    • He hasn't a chance of getting my vote in November
    • Depending on who gets the Republican nomination, I might vote for him.
    • I wish there were more Democrats running

You have got to be kidding me! WTH do you come up with this stuff. Could you please provide the road map that drove you to this conclusion. wacko.gif

Madea It is pretty simple math, Those people that ran around yaking about it will only cost the taxpayers a coke a day to build the new schools, Forget to tell you, (And to be honest I forgot to remind them) that the new schools would also require a host of new workers Such as teachers, Bus drivers, para legals, Cafeteria

Workers, maintenace workers, clerical workers, principals, Assistant principals, and yes central office staff to man up and run these new schools.

While the State and the Federal Government does supply a lot of funds, the local School District does have to provide some of the dollars for the workers.

I am sure that you are aware that when this bond was passed in 2007, that very same year the School Board increased the taxes for not only the bond issue but also a sizeable increase for the M&O of the School System, And this was before any of the new schools were even built and manned up.

SO.......... Where does the money come from to pay all the new personnel? That’s right you and I, The tax payer.

As a result the class room sizes are being increased, Teachers are being laid off, And yes Some of the old schools are being closed down :angry:

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not that it matters but I will be voting in the July election; however, I SURE AS HECK will not be voting in this poll.

You obviously don't know or understand anything about Steve Golden. He claims to be a christian but I have serious reservations about that. Have you ever met someone who would sale their grandma a roc

Why the HECK not?

Madea It is pretty simple math, Those people that ran around yaking about it will only cost the taxpayers a coke a day to build the new schools, Forget to tell you, (And to be honest I forgot to remind them) that the new schools would also require a host of new workers Such as teachers, Bus drivers, para legals, Cafeteria

Workers, maintenace workers, clerical workers, principals, Assistant principals, and yes central office staff to man up and run these new schools.

While the State and the Federal Government does supply a lot of funds, the local School District does have to provide some of the dollars for the workers.

I am sure that you are aware that when this bond was passed in 2007, that very same year the School Board increased the taxes for not only the bond issue but also a sizeable increase for the M&O of the School System, And this was before any of the new schools were even built and manned up.

SO.......... Where does the money come from to pay all the new personnel? That’s right you and I, The tax payer.

As a result the class room sizes are being increased, Teachers are being laid off, And yes Some of the old schools are being closed down :angry:

And to those that said back in 2007 "so what ideas do you guys have, just sit and wait?" Our answer is yes. And if we had of, we would be one of the most financially sound counties in the state right now.

I have no idea if it will help Will Avery or not, Only the voters will decide that, But I do believe in putting out the facts on candidates,And not just taking their word for what they say at the meet and greets, Or what is posted on their web sites.

All three of the Republican Candidates,Have left a trail that is pretty easy to follow Two of them have the Tax and spend mentality, And one of them seems to think more of their mother in law than they do their wife?

having said that I try and vote for the best person for the job be it a Democrat Or a Republican, This election I will be voting for and supporting candidates from both parties.

I know that you do not feel this way if there is a D at the end of the candidates name then that eliminates him from any consideration on your part. BUT............... It would be interesting to know what party some of the candidates belonged to when they were previously elected to office in Paulding County?

I can vouch for Whitey,he is a democrat but has a Todd Pownall sign in his yard & some big signs in his garrage next to that bass boat. So there you have it Todd being a republican and Whitey being a democrat. Were just one big happy family. :drinks:

I have no idea if it will help Will Avery or not, Only the voters will decide that, But I do believe in putting out the facts on candidates,And not just taking their word for what they say at the meet and greets, Or what is posted on their web sites.

All three of the Republican Candidates,Have left a trail that is pretty easy to follow Two of them have the Tax and spend mentality, And one of them seems to think more of their mother in law than they do their wife?

having said that I try and vote for the best person for the job be it a Democrat Or a Republican, This election I will be voting for and supporting candidates from both parties.

I know that you do not feel this way if there is a D at the end of the candidates name then that eliminates him from any consideration on your part. BUT............... It would be interesting to know what party some of the candidates belonged to when they were previously elected to office in Paulding County?

I can vouch for Whitey,he is a democrat but has a Todd Pownall sign in his yard & some big signs in his garrage next to that bass boat. So there you have it Todd being a republican and Whitey being a democrat. Were just one big happy family. :drinks:

I am not a liar, but I admit to having some memory issues (possibly). You are telling me that Ms. Braddock was not a part of either committee? So who chaired and co-chaired that committee?

She certainly was not on either committee. Do you see her name on either list?

Feelip you keep pushing this LIE, not sure why, but Braddock was never on the committee and never agreed with the bond, but the voters voted on it. Golden was on the committee, but raised taxes at least 4 times on the board, if not more, when the county was starting to grow.

Braddock voted for 1 tax on the board, voted against all the others, and they reduced the millage one time, during the HIGHEST growth years in the county. This is all public record, why don't you and your buddy Surepip look it all up since you do open records request for everything else. It's very clear that you don't want the facts, you just want to push the lie.

These are all fine candidates, and none of them deserve to be lied about.

Voting for Golden because he's a nice guy and goes to church (I haven't seen him at church in years until he decided to run for office, but he is a member) isn't a real solid reason, but its your vote. I'm sure all the candidates are nice and go to church somewhere. (I had to LOL at the comment from Feelip about Stout flashing his Jesus badge - that is funny)

Feelip, Whitey, Surepip and the rest of you that are bashing Cochran and Lane. Not sure you why you don't like Braddock since she has a track record of voting against taxes, but you seem to want to smear that record as much as possible and not use the same "ran a business" criteria on that as you've used to justify why people should vote for Gregory and Pownall over Cochran. And you are saying glowing things about Avery without using the same standard you are using to hold Beverly to. You really are all over the place. So is business experience important or is it only important when it relates to your favored candidate in whatever particular race you are talking about to make your favorite candidate appear better?

I do however agree about the sweetheart construction deals.

Peeper you have made some pretty strong claims here, and you seemed to be very informed so I do have a couple of questions.

Since all tax increase, Bonds, Construction etc.have to be approved by the board, I have done a cursor search of the School Board minutes, and surely question some of your claims.

Which SPLOST TAX did she vote against?

Which of the three Bond votes did she vote against?

Which of the eight M&O tax increases did she vote against?

Did she vote against Building Gyms, Theatres, Etc.? Instead of building classrooms?

I know AVALON told me to do an open records, But since you seem so knowledgeable, I thought you may can just point me too them?

I also recall that a lot of these same issues arose during the School Board election in 2008, Along with a claim, that she had to file for bankruptcy.

Sorry peeper most of this was fresh on the voters’ minds in 2008 when Kim Cobb was elected overwhelming by about a 2/3 majority over Mrs. Braddock

BTW I have not bashed Cochran or Lane, I have only pointed out some of the past employment of mrs, Cochran, And absoutely nothing on Mr. Lane

I learned a long time ago to not discuss issues on two offices The DA and the Sheriff is off limits to me. :lol:

I am not a liar, but I admit to having some memory issues (possibly). You are telling me that Ms. Braddock was not a part of either committee? So who chaired and co-chaired that committee?

Feelip,

Your memory is doing well.....all drinks.gif things considered.

Paulette was on the BOE during both of the bond votes in 06 and 07. Hence, she, as were all BOE employees, barred from having anything to do with promoting or opposing the referendum IN ANY SORT OF PUBLIC FORUM. She did vote as a BOE member to try for the 2nd referendum though.

And in private conversations, including one at my dining room table, she was very much in support of the Bond.

For others who don't recall, or were not involved, the Group of us that opposed the bond were not against providing money for the BOE, we just wanted the RBMDs to pick up part of the tab since they were profiting off the development. They had no problem writing their check for $5500 to get a sewer tap to flush the toilet, but then would turn around and annex a development into the city of Dallas to keep from having to pay the $500 "donation" to the BOE. Note that both of the PRDs on Business 6/Merchant's Drive between the Dallas Post office and Ingles was property which had less than 10% in t he city, but both had the other 90% annexed and paid nothing to the BOE.

But hey, I am not bashing Paulette. She may be the better choice of the 3. I am just trying to set the record straight on who supported the Bond.

Golden "appears" to be tied to the builders. I saw plenty of fat wallet folks at his kick off party and that did disappoint me.

Anyone who has to wear their religion on the sleeve for all to see like Stout does looses my interest right off the bat. And his "Transparency" clause kind of lost some Ommpf when he forgot to be transparent about his affair with his ex-mother in law. Are there any other Richardson skeletons in his closet ?

Anyone who has to wear their religion on the sleeve for all to see like Stout does looses my interest right off the bat. And his "Transparency" clause kind of lost some Ommpf when he forgot to be transparent about his affair with his ex-mother in law. Are there any other Richardson skeletons in his closet ?

He's still not being transparent. angry.gif

They have managed to keep the state out of near or complete Bankruptcy. That is saying a lot for a state that was hit hard with the fall of the building industry (Hence the bank problems). We all know that was brought on MAINLY by the likes of Democrats like Chris Dodd, Barney Frank, Charlie Rangel and others who insisted that those same banks and mortgages companies make home loans to folks who didn't qualify for them. Then those same folks went about demonizing big business and the bad old banks to help government get control of this country. I say NO to letting them control this state!

Dang I am suprised that you did not blame this on the Democrats that re took control of congress in 2006, Or maybe the Republicans did not have enough votes from 2000 to 2006 to clean up the mess before the economy got off track :D

I went through all the dislcosures for Glenn's PAC and Keith Wiener is no where to be found has a contributor or as the administrator. Did MMV have money? Yes. But, I have found NONE from Holland & Knight from the first disclosure to the last - maybe I am missing something or just didn't go through it thorough enough. I saw two contributions to Wayne Kirby and Hal Echols for $1,000. each and that isn't mega money by any means. Please show me the proof to back up these claims because I have not found it. I await your response.

HiramGirl

I guess you should have looked harder. I am just going to cut and paste these:

Richardsondonation to Shearin 2008

http://www.ethics.ga.gov/Reports/Campaign/Campaign_ReportOptions.aspx?NameID=770&FilerID=NC2006000177&CDRID=15113

HK donations to Richardson

http://www.ethics.ga.gov/Reports/Campaign/Campaign_ByContributionsearchresults.aspx?Contributor=holland+&+Knight&Zip=&City=&ContTypeID=0&PAC=&Employer=&Occupation=&From=&To=&Cash=&InK=&Filer=&Candidate=&Committee=

HK Donations to Richardsonand Shearin for 2007 filed 01/08/08

http://www.ethics.ga.gov/Reports/Campaign/Campaign_ReportOptions.aspx?NameID=1030&FilerID=NC2006000272&CDRID=11728

HK Donations to Richardsonfiled 10/6/06

http://www.ethics.ga.gov/Reports/Campaign/Campaign_ReportOptions.aspx?NameID=1030&FilerID=NC2006000272&CDRID=5267

And that is only what came up on the surface. Holland & Knight used to have a link to all of the Georgia Pacs, with Keith Wiener at the helm of virtually each and everyone, including those for all of our Paulding County Good Ol Boys. You will find Wiener's name on the coversheet for each filing.

The money would go from one PAC to another, and then back to a different candidate with no direct tie in. That is in addition to direct donations to someone like Shearin, H&K would also donate it to Richardson's PAC, who would then donate it to a candidate in like South Georgia, who would then donate it to someone like Shearin, making it very hard to follow.

Best I can recall, Wiener and the firm itself, and other lawyers at the firm gave $6900 to Shearin before the primary 2 years ago, not to mention what they gave the years before.

I don't have the H&K donations to Shearin as per Shearin's disclosures electronically, but if you want to see them sometime, I have the hard copies. Many of these were available on line during the election 2 years ago.

I anxiously await your retraction, and apology.

Feelip,

Your memory is doing well.....all drinks.gif things considered.

Paulette was on the BOE during both of the bond votes in 06 and 07. Hence, she, as were all BOE employees, barred from having anything to do with promoting or opposing the referendum IN ANY SORT OF PUBLIC FORUM. She did vote as a BOE member to try for the 2nd referendum though.

And in private conversations, including one at my dining room table, she was very much in support of the Bond.

For others who don't recall, or were not involved, the Group of us that opposed the bond were not against providing money for the BOE, we just wanted the RBMDs to pick up part of the tab since they were profiting off the development. They had no problem writing their check for $5500 to get a sewer tap to flush the toilet, but then would turn around and annex a development into the city of Dallas to keep from having to pay the $500 "donation" to the BOE. Note that both of the PRDs on Business 6/Merchant's Drive between the Dallas Post office and Ingles was property which had less than 10% in t he city, but both had the other 90% annexed and paid nothing to the BOE.

But hey, I am not bashing Paulette. She may be the better choice of the 3. I am just trying to set the record straight on who supported the Bond.

Golden "appears" to be tied to the builders. I saw plenty of fat wallet folks at his kick off party and that did disappoint me.

But hey, I am not bashing Paulette. She may be the better choice of the 3. I am just trying to set the record straight on who supported the Bond
And this is what makes this primary election so pitiful

No retraction because I was looking at Glenn's PAC and not his campaign fund. Two different animals. You said that Weiner was administrator of Glenn's PAC to which he is not and the MMV filing shows that. PACs have different rules than general candidate campaign funds.

HiramGirl

http://www.ethics.ga.gov/Reports/Campaign/Campaign_ReportOptions.aspx?NameID=770&FilerID=NC2006000177&CDRID=15113

http://www.ethics.ga.gov/Reports/Campaign/Campaign_ByContributionsearchresults.aspx?Contributor=holland+&+Knight&Zip=&City=&ContTypeID=0&PAC=&Employer=&Occupation=&From=&To=&Cash=&InK=&Filer=&Candidate=&Committee=

http://www.ethics.ga.gov/Reports/Campaign/Campaign_ReportOptions.aspx?NameID=1030&FilerID=NC2006000272&CDRID=11728

http://www.ethics.ga.gov/Reports/Campaign/Campaign_ReportOptions.aspx?NameID=1030&FilerID=NC2006000272&CDRID=5267

And that is only what came up on the surface. Holland & Knight used to have a link to all of the Georgia Pacs, with Keith Wiener at the helm of virtually each and everyone, including those for all of our Paulding County Good Ol Boys. You will find Wiener's name on the coversheet for each filing.

The money would go from one PAC to another, and then back to a different candidate with no direct tie in. That is in addition to direct donations to someone like Shearin, H&K would also donate it to Richardson's PAC, who would then donate it to a candidate in like South Georgia, who would then donate it to someone like Shearin, making it very hard to follow.

Best I can recall, Wiener and the firm itself, and other lawyers at the firm gave $6900 to Shearin before the primary 2 years ago, not to mention what they gave the years before.

I don't have the H&K donations to Shearin as per Shearin's disclosures electronically, but if you want to see them sometime, I have the hard copies. Many of these were available on line during the election 2 years ago.

No retraction because I was looking at Glenn's PAC and not his campaign fund. Two different animals. You said that Weiner was administrator of Glenn's PAC to which he is not and the MMV filing shows that. PACs have different rules than general candidate campaign funds.

Suggest to look at the links. Money went both ways through the PACs as well as the campaign.

I have to assume then your issue is not tied to my statements concerning how HK got paid by the county, over a million in our case alone, and then turned around and donated substantial amounts back to Paulding candidates, in addition to managing many of the Paulding candidates funds via PACS ?

Follow the money.....

Dang I am suprised that you did not blame this on the Democrats that re took control of congress in 2006, Or maybe the Republicans did not have enough votes from 2000 to 2006 to clean up the mess before the economy got off track biggrin.gif

You know very well that Bush tried and was shot down by the folks I have already named. We can add the Democrats who controlled congress if you want. It would after all be the truth!smile.gif laugh.gif

HiramGirl

WOW, WOW, And the posters think you can't back up your statements with facts.

Just can not wait til the election gets nearer where a lot of other FACTS come out :D :D :D

I wonder which candidates have some things in their closets. I hope another WEB SITE will pop up :D :D :D

WOW, WOW, And the posters think you can't back up your statements with facts.

Just can not wait til the election gets nearer where a lot of other FACTS come out biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

I wonder which candidates have some things in their closets. I hope another WEB SITE will pop up biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Did I miss Shearin's name on a ballot? You guys do know that he isn't running don't you?unsure.gif

Surepip - once again, this is a lie - there were several board members on the bond committee, but not Braddock. Curl and Henderson were on the committee, not sure which others were, but I think a couple more were involved.

Braddock was not on board with the bond, even though you keep trying to put her in that category. I discussed this with her several times during that process and she did not participate because she doesn't like taxes and raising taxes.

I just got off the phone with her and asked her what meetings you have had with her and she said the only meeting was one you called her and asked her to meet with some people about something, and had two other people there and met with her about your group being against prayer in school and were going to protest if you allowed it at graduation. She said she disagreed with you on the subject but would tell the whole board that your committee was forming and would sue the schools if they allowed prayer at graduation. She said the bond was never discussed and wasn't even sure if that was during the same timeframe.

You really should be honest and stop the outright lying. Its sad that you lie about candidates to suit your agenda and get other people to buy into the lie. You've lost credibility on your lawsuit and on the trashing you've done with Drew Lane, Beverly Cochran, Jerry Shearin and Glenn Richardson.

I believe her over you because you've been known to tell lies on her a lot, and I remember talking to her about the bond and she has always been conservative and not in favor of taxes, but this particular one was for the voters to decide on, but she wasn't part of the committee that pushed it to the voters.

From Peeper's post:

You really should be honest and stop the outright lying. Its sad that you lie about candidates to suit your agenda and get other people to buy into the lie. You've lost credibility on your lawsuit and on the trashing you've done with Drew Lane, Beverly Cochran, Jerry Shearin and Glenn Richardson.

ITHY? :blink:

It has to be. Only been a member since May 31. 6 posts and you know this much about Pip?

It has to be. Only been a member since May 31. 6 posts and you know this much about Pip?

Yeah, it does sound a bit like Ithy. I wonder if Pubby can identify the IP address, assuming he is not borrowing someone else's computer.

I wasn't picking on Paulette.

Best I recall, BOE Board members and employees are not allowed to Lobby for a bond referendum or SPLOST/ELOST.

I do not recall Paulette being on the committee to support the bond. I do remember Trudy Sowar, and others stating they could only present the material showing what they wanted to use the funds for, but they could not endorse the referendum one way or another.

We met with Paulette concerning prayers at graduation, bible study in the schools [was Paulding going to offer it as per Richardson's bill which mandated the local BOEs offer Bible Study in the High Schools] AND to discuss the upcoming bond referendum.

And again, best I recall, Paulette was indeed a supporter of the Bond.

As obviously was Golden.

It is on there about four different times, Only well disguised and you support some of them.

It's not there and the folks I support are not puppets for anyone. If they were I would not be supporting them!! Anyone who knows me knows that.

nope I do not believe that is Ithy, same thing occured during her last election for the school board and it was exposed. I will do a search and try to come up with the post :lol: This is so funny why a candidate would even try this :D

Yeah, it does sound a bit like Ithy. I wonder if Pubby can identify the IP address, assuming he is not borrowing someone else's computer. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:rolleyes: Okay. I had to come onto this string and tease you again, surepip. Yes, Pubby can definitely identify when someone is posting from the same IP address. Back when you were the Campaign Manager for Judge Valbuena, surepip, one of Judge Valbuena's ardent supporters assumed MANY identities and skewed the results of that poll on here, and Pubby id'd that result, which is why these polls on here would be hard to be accurate. Not that I believe that Judge Valbuena had anything to do with that (I feel sure he didn't) and you seemed surprised to learn who it was, as I recall, so I'm not saying that you were involved in it: just that it would be hard to think these results on here would be accurate and they seem to be a little worthless. Unless, Pubby, you are monitoring it very well, so correct me if you are.

• Like 1

Yeah, it does sound a bit like Ithy. I wonder if Pubby can identify the IP address, assuming he is not borrowing someone else's computer. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:rolleyes: Okay. I had to come onto this string and tease you again, surepip. Yes, Pubby can definitely identify when someone is posting from the same IP address. Back when you were the Campaign Manager for Judge Valbuena, surepip, one of Judge Valbuena's ardent supporters assumed MANY identities and skewed the results of that poll on here, and Pubby id'd that result, which is why these polls on here would be hard to be accurate. Not that I believe that Judge Valbuena had anything to do with that (I feel sure he didn't) and you seemed surprised to learn who it was, as I recall, so I'm not saying that you were involved in it: just that it would be hard to think these results on here would be accurate and they seem to be a little worthless. Unless, Pubby, you are monitoring it very well, so correct me if you are.

Please stand corrected. I was not Martin's campaign manager, I was his treasurer.

Other than that I am not sure what you are getting at.

• Like 1

Who all attended the meet and greet at stars and stripes tonight,

What is your opinion of the candidates

Who impressed you the most?

What can you tell the readers of the candidates platform?

After meeting all the DA candidates I think I am going with Donovan. He seems to be the strongest candidate IMO

Were you their? What did Donovan say that impressed you.

Who all attended the meet and greet at stars and stripes tonight,

What is your opinion of the candidates

Who impressed you the most?

What can you tell the readers of the candidates platform?

I was there. Can't tell them any more than I have already. I had met them all except Avery. Cute Kid!. I wanted to meet Pete Bridges but he did not show at least I don't think so.

I was there. Can't tell them any more than I have already. I had met them all except Avery. Cute Kid!. I wanted to meet Pete Bridges but he did not show at least I don't think so.

NewsJunky Good to see you and finally meet you, The conservation that I am attempting to get started here is, With all of the speeches that we heard tonight, What was said and by whom,That gave you any indication as to how any of the candidates intended to provide the solutions to the many problems facing Paulding Such as Jobs, Taxes,Court case back logs, teacher lay offs water resources etc, The problems were pretty much Identified, But the solutions were non existant, Or was I having a senile attack and missed them?

NewsJunky Good to see you and finally meet you, The conservation that I am attempting to get started here is, With all of the speeches that we heard tonight, What was said and by whom,That gave you any indication as to how any of the candidates intended to provide the solutions to the many problems facing Paulding Such as Jobs, Taxes,Court case back logs, teacher lay offs water resources etc, The problems were pretty much Identified, But the solutions were non existant, Or was I having a senile attack and missed them?

Not sure they had enough time on the floor to offer many solutions. Time was really limited. I spoke with some of them after the event and they were all willing to answer questions. I guess we will have to go to the next one and hope for more info.

Nice to meet you too!!smile.gif

Not sure they had enough time on the floor to offer many solutions. Time was really limited. I spoke with some of them after the event and they were all willing to answer questions. I guess we will have to go to the next one and hope for more info.

Nice to meet you too!!smile.gif

I also spoke with several of them after the meeting but did not come away with that warm fuzzy feeling that if certain candidates were elected solutions would be forthcoming to the many problems facing Paulding County.

There was a lot of boasting about their past,Which is on all of their web sites, Dang I went there wanting to hear some solutions?

Were you their? What did Donovan say that impressed you.

I guess what hit me about Donovan was his discussions about his time on the street.

I'm sure every investigator has had a case of his either not prosecuted or not prosecuted quickly enough to suit him/her. They have to think some time or another that they could do a better job. Donovan has the desire to go ahead and do it. It just seems to me that Donovan seemed more determined to get the cases done.

Now, in Lane's defense, my wife was on the jury in one of those murder cases he mentioned and she said that they almost had to let the guy go, but it wasn't the prosecutor, it was errors by the GBI and sheriff's office in processing and missing evidence that caused a good bit of the problems with the case.

Still, I'm concerned about the backlog of cases I still keep hearing about. And the 50 signs in front of the courthouse didn't help his case either.

I was very disappointed that 2 of the four candidates for commission post 4 were not there. The two that were there just didn't impress me somehow. Reading your comments Whitey, I might have to agree that there were no solutions mentioned.

We'll see. I'm not planning on voting soon, still time to change my mind. Hopefully there will be another M&G I can go to that I won't have to leave to pick up my daughter. :)

Ok I was there,didn't know Whitey was there. To decide is hard,most seem confident. That one guy with all the notes didn't sound too good for commissoner. The Da's race seemed so-so but Dick had more to offer. What was that one guys name that was running unopposed for the BOE.

I am going to flip a coin :blink:

See, that is the point. I prefer Stout over the other Reps. wink.gif

At least you have a good reason for doing it. Much better than I first thought. I will not be surprised if he wins. I do hope that the one I consider the better candidate wins.

Ok I was there,didn't know Whitey was there. To decide is hard,most seem confident. That one guy with all the notes didn't sound too good for commissoner. The Da's race seemed so-so but Dick had more to offer. What was that one guys name that was running unopposed for the BOE.

I am going to flip a coin :blink:

Why did you not come shake hands with me, And have a beer on the patio? NICK CHESTER

After meeting all the DA candidates I think I am going with Donovan. He seems to be the strongest candidate IMO

I was only able to stay for the speeches, but I agree that he came off the strongest to me.

You may want to reconsider. After talking with my new attorney and spending hours worth of billable hours righting what I PAID Donovan to do in the first place AND the unprofessionalism of his comments ABOUT MY CASE in this thread, I'm not even sure what he did with my retainer fees, prepaid costs, etc except file a form that says he represents me and show up late to court. It's a civil case. I don't trust that he'll be any better than Lane.