Paulding.com

Lets see how the election is looking

Some questions on the July 20 ballot  

202 members have voted

1. 1. Voters are being asked to renew the SPLOST (one cent sales tax). How are you leaning?

• Favor renewal of the SPLOST
    • Reject renewal of the SPLOST
    • Undecided
  2. 2. Do you plan to vote in the Republican or Democratic Primary?

• I plan to vote in the Republican Primary
    • I plan to vote in the Democratic Primary
    • undecided
  3. 3. Republican primary voters, who do you support for the District 19 House Seat?

• Paulette Rakestraw Braddock
    • Steve R. Golden
    • Daniel Stout (I)
    • Undecided
    • NA: Voting in Democratic primary
  4. 4. Republican primary voters will choose the next District Attorney. Who do you support for this office

• Dick Donovan
    • Drew Lane (I)
    • Chad Plumley
    • Undecided
  5. 5. Republican Primary voters within the various districts will choose the next Post 2 commissioner. Who do you support?

• Beverly Cochran
    • Adam Gregory
    • Todd Pownall
    • Undecided
  6. 6. Republican Primary voters within the various districts will choose the next Post 3 commissioner. Who do you support?

• H.V. Collett II
    • Tommie Graham (I)
    • Undecided
  7. 7. Republican Primary voters within the various districts will choose the next Post 4 commissioner. Who do you support?

• Jason Anavitarte
    • David Barnett
    • Earl Cosgrove
    • Tony Crowe
    • Undecided
  8. 8. There is but one local candidate running as a Democrat. Will Avery is running for District 19. What do you think about that?

• I think it is good, we should all encourage a two-party system.
    • I think that everyone should be a Republican in Paulding
    • He hasn't a chance of getting my vote in November
    • Depending on who gets the Republican nomination, I might vote for him.
    • I wish there were more Democrats running

This one is strange -

Committee to Re-Elect Hal Echols

4645 Macland Road

Hiram, GA 30141

So if donate to any PAC, and they don't use my money for their cause, they are allowed to donate anywhere THEY want to?

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not that it matters but I will be voting in the July election; however, I SURE AS HECK will not be voting in this poll.

You obviously don't know or understand anything about Steve Golden. He claims to be a christian but I have serious reservations about that. Have you ever met someone who would sale their grandma a roc

Why the HECK not?

You mean the candidate that was sitting on the BOE at the time the bond passed? How did she vote on that by the way? Think I know. Sounds like you need to avoid that subject if you don't want your candidate to get painted with the same brush. JMO

If it is the truth paint both of them :yahoo:

If it is the truth paint both of them yahoo.gif

Do you really think it will help get your Democrat elected? nea.gif I just want the one who is best qualified and who can do the best job for Paulding. In my opinion that candidate is Mr. Golden. I don't travel in the circle of folks who were on the list in your link. I have to believe that at least some of them believed they were doing what best served the children of Paulding County. Hind sight is always 20/20 and I bet if some of them could go back they would make other choices. I believe the best candidate, out of the three that are viable, is Mr. Golden.

I do believe in the truth though and it has to be examined where they ALL are concerned so let's have at it.drinks.gif

Just make sure it is the truth!!

This one is strange -

4645 Macland Road

Hiram, GA 30141

So if donate to any PAC, and they don't use my money for their cause, they are allowed to donate anywhere THEY want to?

In short, yes.

This was how Glenn Richardson became speaker. He created a PAC similar to that of Hal's, and did a great job of fundraising ... doled the money out to promising GOP candidates in race after race across the state and got them elected. Guess who they voted for as speaker?

pubby

This one is strange -

4645 Macland Road

Hiram, GA 30141

TSG,

Richardson built his empire on this bit of strategy. He would have zero opposition, yet raise $250,000. Then he would give that money, via the PACs run and administered by Kieth Wiener at Holland & Knight, the law firm the county has used to litigate against us for 4+ years. Then Richardson would donate the money he did not need, since he had no oppostiion, to other candidates around the state, collecting IOUs for later.

When the Repubs took power in 2004, Richardson started calling in the IOUs, and between the November election and Thanksgiving he was Speaker, and Holland & Knight was down right wealthy. The Repubs even named Kieth Wiener, the main litigator in our suit, Republican Lawyer of the year for 2005. Echols, Kirby, Shearin, et al, accepted some mega-money from Holland & Knight, actually paid to Holland & Knight by the taxpayers of Paulding county via our lawsuits.

Isn't that a nice arrangement ?

H&K has a blank check from the county to litigate us.....and they turn around and donate the max back to their buddies on the BOC, with what is in all realistic terms, the tax payer's money.

And people wonder why we have an axe to grind ?drinks.gif

In short, yes.

This was how Glenn Richardson became speaker. He created a PAC similar to that of Hal's, and did a great job of fundraising ... doled the money out to promising GOP candidates in race after race across the state and got them elected. Guess who they voted for as speaker?

pubby

Interesting. Note to self, be careful who I donate to. <_<

Do you really think it will help get your Democrat elected? nea.gif I just want the one who is best qualified and who can do the best job for Paulding. In my opinion that candidate is Mr. Golden. I don't travel in the circle of folks who were on the list in your link. I have to believe that at least some of them believed they were doing what best served the children of Paulding County. Hind sight is always 20/20 and I bet if some of them could go back they would make other choices. I believe the best candidate, out of the three that are viable, is Mr. Golden.

I do believe in the truth though and it has to be examined where they ALL are concerned so let's have at it.drinks.gif

Just make sure it is the truth!!

I have no idea if it will help Will Avery or not, Only the voters will decide that, But I do believe in putting out the facts on candidates,And not just taking their word for what they say at the meet and greets, Or what is posted on their web sites.

All three of the Republican Candidates,Have left a trail that is pretty easy to follow Two of them have the Tax and spend mentality, And one of them seems to think more of their mother in law than they do their wife?

having said that I try and vote for the best person for the job be it a Democrat Or a Republican, This election I will be voting for and supporting candidates from both parties.

I know that you do not feel this way if there is a D at the end of the candidates name then that eliminates him from any consideration on your part. BUT............... It would be interesting to know what party some of the candidates belonged to when they were previously elected to office in Paulding County?

Thanks for posting that link...I see Steve Golden was on the bond committee to raise our taxes..Makes sense since he helped raised our taxes so

many times when he was on the school board.. Plus he took his own child out of our school system and sent her to private school. I think I would rather vote for a

candidate that has her kids in our school system. That makes her one of us....Just the facts with my opinion....hope we get the right one to help all of us....!!!

Maybe you should ask her if she interviewed to have her children placed in Mount Paran Christian School a few years back but they were not accepted. If they had been accepted then they may not be in public school, right?

Interesting. Note to self, be careful who I donate to. dry.gif

I agree. You can tell a lot about who a candidate is going to cater to by looking at who is behind them. Course some candidates get a pass no matter what they do, others don't. The double standards on here are comical.

I went to Steve Golden's event last night was came away very impressed. The one thing that bothers me about Stout, besides the whole mother in law thing, is that he only lives in Paulding. Does not work or attend church services here. As far as I know, his child does not attend Paulding County schools. I don't like that at all. I hope to get to Paulette Braddock's event to meet her also.

So you don't like Stout because his child doesn't attend Paulding Schools, but you do like Golden, even though his child went to a private school? Hmmm....

• Like 1

Golden works here and attends church here. In my opinion, he has a bigger stake in the 19th district than Stout.

So you don't like Stout because his child doesn't attend Paulding Schools, but you do like Golden, even though his child went to a private school? Hmmm....

Golden works here and attends church here. In my opinion, he has a bigger stake in the 19th district than Stout.

Golden and Braddock were part of forcing the school bond on the property owners of Paulding County. That alone should keep them from ever being elected to public office again. Stout came out of the chute flashing his Jesus badge. I want someone that can do a job without having to tell me about their religion.

That only leaves the Democrat. Not much on Democrats, but he might fit in nicely when Roy Barnes is governor again. And he will be, Sonny made sure of that.

I went through all the dislcosures for Glenn's PAC and Keith Wiener is no where to be found has a contributor or as the administrator. Did MMV have money? Yes. But, I have found NONE from Holland & Knight from the first disclosure to the last - maybe I am missing something or just didn't go through it thorough enough. I saw two contributions to Wayne Kirby and Hal Echols for $1,000. each and that isn't mega money by any means. Please show me the proof to back up these claims because I have not found it. I await your response.

TSG,

Richardson built his empire on this bit of strategy. He would have zero opposition, yet raise $250,000. Then he would give that money, via the PACs run and administered by Kieth Wiener at Holland & Knight, the law firm the county has used to litigate against us for 4+ years. Then Richardson would donate the money he did not need, since he had no oppostiion, to other candidates around the state, collecting IOUs for later.

When the Repubs took power in 2004, Richardson started calling in the IOUs, and between the November election and Thanksgiving he was Speaker, and Holland & Knight was down right wealthy. The Repubs even named Kieth Wiener, the main litigator in our suit, Republican Lawyer of the year for 2005. Echols, Kirby, Shearin, et al, accepted some mega-money from Holland & Knight, actually paid to Holland & Knight by the taxpayers of Paulding county via our lawsuits.

Isn't that a nice arrangement ?

H&K has a blank check from the county to litigate us.....and they turn around and donate the max back to their buddies on the BOC, with what is in all realistic terms, the tax payer's money.

And people wonder why we have an axe to grind ?drinks.gif

Nobody forced anything. The people of Paulding County voted for it.

Golden and Braddock were part of forcing the school bond on the property owners of Paulding County. That alone should keep them from ever being elected to public office again. Stout came out of the chute flashing his Jesus badge. I want someone that can do a job without having to tell me about their religion.

That only leaves the Democrat. Not much on Democrats, but he might fit in nicely when Roy Barnes is governor again. And he will be, Sonny made sure of that.

Well, Golden and Braddock did not force me to vote on the school bond. The majority of the citizens would agree or it would not have passed. :rolleyes:

Well, Golden and Braddock did not force me to vote on the school bond. The majority of the citizens would agree or it would not have passed. :rolleyes:

I disagree. I'm more inclined to believe that the majority of the citizens whose livelihood was connected to the housing industry along with a few that were buffaloed by the politicians and EVERY Hispanic laborer the builders could get a driver's license for.

We have spent the last two years trying to clean up the mess that was left by this kind of leadership.

BTW, did you vote on the school bond in September 2007? And if you did, did you approve of it then as well?

I disagree. I'm more inclined to believe that the majority of the citizens whose livelihood was connected to the housing industry along with a few that were buffaloed by the politicians and EVERY Hispanic laborer the builders could get a driver's license for.

We have spent the last two years trying to clean up the mess that was left by this kind of leadership.

BTW, did you vote on the school bond in September 2007? And if you did, did you approve of it then as well?

I DID NOT vote for the school bond and I still don't think it should have passed. That does not change my opinion that Golden is the best choice out of the group that have qualified. I voted for Jimmy Carter and have regretted it ever since. I have been a lot more careful since then in making my choices. I am sure some of the candidates, who have had the courage to step up and run, would also like to change some of the decisions they have made in the past. Supporting a bond that one of them felt was good for the children in Paulding is minor stuff compared to decisions made by some running for office these days.

I DID NOT vote for the school bond and I still don't think it should have passed. That does not change my opinion that Golden is the best choice out of the group that have qualified. I voted for Jimmy Carter and have regretted it ever since. I have been a lot more careful since then in making my choices. I am sure some of the candidates, who have had the courage to step up and run, would also like to change some of the decisions they have made in the past. Supporting a bond that one of them felt was good for the children in Paulding is minor stuff compared to decisions made by some running for office these days.

The problem I have with the bond and the people that worked to push it through (not necessarily the people that voted for it) is that they were not doing it for the children. They were doing it to enhance their housing market.

Look at the list of contributors. They are dang near every one somehow connected to the housing industry. Mr. Golden might be the best Republican candidate. If he is I hope he wins the primary. But there is no way that I can bring myself to vote for him. Like Gomer says, screw me once shame on you........

And I am right there with you on Jummy Carter. The dumbest vote I ever cast.

I went to Steve Golden's event last night was came away very impressed. The one thing that bothers me about Stout, besides the whole mother in law thing, is that he only lives in Paulding. Does not work or attend church services here.

Something on the order of 80% of our population works outside of the county since there are few high tech/manufacturing jobs here. That's the primary problem. Before I was able to move to work at home, I was one of those driving out of county every day. Are you saying that the 80% of the county population have no right to try to fix the county they live and pay taxes in because they can't find jobs here?

Right... I don't live in the 19th, but I sure would not let that be a deciding factor!

It may be Minor stuff to you if a candidate has supported Major Bond issues in the past, But not to me.

If a candidate is running as a conservative, I would expect that the candidates past would reflect that conservative approach, beacuse a candidate has labeled themselves as a Conservative, Does not mean that they have voted in a conservative manner in the past

These candidates were a Part of the largest one year tax increase in the history of Paulding Period, Now that speaks volumes to me, As to how they will vote on issues of future tax increases for the citizens of Paulding County.

Do you realize that a kid entering Kindergarten when this bond was passed will have to pay off this debt?

Do you realize that this bond issue that these candidates voted for has caused In part, the major layoffs in the school system today.

Something on the order of 80% of our population works outside of the county since there are few high tech/manufacturing jobs here. That's the primary problem. Before I was able to move to work at home, I was one of those driving out of county every day. Are you saying that the 80% of the county population have no right to try to fix the county they live and pay taxes in because they can't find jobs here?

Right... I don't live in the 19th, but I sure would not let that be a deciding factor!

I think Stout quit his job at the bank Cobb. I heard he started something in his home.

I dont know about a bigger stake, but Steve is an awesome guy and would be awesome for the district!!

I agree with you 100%!

The problem I have with the bond and the people that worked to push it through (not necessarily the people that voted for it) is that they were not doing it for the children. They were doing it to enhance their housing market.

Look at the list of contributors. They are dang near every one somehow connected to the housing industry. Mr. Golden might be the best Republican candidate. If he is I hope he wins the primary. But there is no way that I can bring myself to vote for him. Like Gomer says, screw me once shame on you........

And I am right there with you on Jummy Carter. The dumbest vote I ever cast.

And to make matters worse some of the major contributors now have a sweet heart deal for the school construction :angry: And some of the leaders of this campaign Are/Were employed by the school district as a PR person :angry:

Just because you keep repeating that does NOT make it true. IT IS NOT TRUE.

Stout has NO vested interest in Paulding County other than Paulding Right to Life. I don't even consider him an option in this race. He has embarrassed and humiliated this county statewide. And he failed to vote on one of the most important votes of his tiny little session. And I'd love to know why anyone would suddenly quit their "community banker" job to become a "consultant" in this economy. he's clueless about what is really facing Paulding County.

It may be Minor stuff to you if a candidate has supported Major Bond issues in the past, But not to me.

If a candidate is running as a conservative, I would expect that the candidates past would reflect that conservative approach, beacuse a candidate has labeled themselves as a Conservative, Does not mean that they have voted in a conservative manner in the past

These candidates were a Part of the largest one year tax increase in the history of Paulding Period, Now that speaks volumes to me, As to how they will vote on issues of future tax increases for the citizens of Paulding County.

Do you realize that a kid entering Kindergarten when this bond was passed will have to pay off this debt?

Do you realize that this bond issue that these candidates voted for has caused In part, the major layoffs in the school system today.

I will keep in mind that your statements are coming from a Democrat. I haven't met very many of them that know what the word conservative means. At least not lately. I shudder to think what Georgia would be like if the government here had been in their hands over the last few years. Folks who think it is bad should try living in New York or New Jersey! They would find out very quickly how conservative Democrats really are! They have certainly made a mess for us in Washington.

I did vote for the bond in 2007 and yes, I do approve of it now.

You have got to be kidding me! WTH do you come up with this stuff. Could you please provide the road map that drove you to this conclusion. wacko.gif

Stout has NO vested interest in Paulding County other than Paulding Right to Life. I don't even consider him an option in this race. He has embarrassed and humiliated this county statewide. And he failed to vote on one of the most important votes of his tiny little session. And I'd love to know why anyone would suddenly quit their "community banker" job to become a "consultant" in this economy. he's clueless about what is really facing Paulding County.

I learned a valuable lesson in '08. I am voting as a Rep in the primary and will be casting my vote for Stout. I can switch parties in the General Election. :lol:

I learned a valuable lesson in '08. I am voting as a Rep in the primary and will be casting my vote for Stout. I can switch parties in the General Election. laugh.gif

Just wow. I really don't know what to say about that. dry.gif

I learned a valuable lesson in '08. I am voting as a Rep in the primary and will be casting my vote for Stout. I can switch parties in the General Election. laugh.gif

That is what is wrong with the system we have in Georgia. You will try to pick the candidate YOU feel will be easiest for the Democrat to defeat. You won't be adding anything as a Republican to the Republican Primary. Go ahead and vote that way if you truly want Mr. Stout because if he wins the Primary he will win in November and he will Represent the 19th District. Of that I have no doubt!

That is what is wrong with the system we have in Georgia. You will try to pick the candidate YOU feel will be easiest for the Democrat to defeat. You won't be adding anything as a Republican to the Republican Primary. Go ahead and vote that way if you truly want Mr. Stout because if he wins the Primary he will win in November and he will Represent the 19th District. Of that I have no doubt!

See, that is the point. I prefer Stout over the other Reps. ;)

I will keep in mind that your statements are coming from a Democrat. I haven't met very many of them that know what the word conservative means. At least not lately. I shudder to think what Georgia would be like if the government here had been in their hands over the last few years. Folks who think it is bad should try living in New York or New Jersey! They would find out very quickly how conservative Democrats really are! They have certainly made a mess for us in Washington.

With Georgia having the highest bank failures in the nation, And among the highest unemployment rate, And a tax base that cannot support Quality basic education, And presently laying off thousands of teachers across the state, AND THE FACT, That just eight short years ago the State was the Best in the South East (Under Democrat control) And the Democrats provided the HTR,That reduced the tax burden on property owners, And the "CONSERVATIVE REPUBLICANS" have now eliminated this tax relief, PLUS as a county have seen some of the Highest tax increases in the history of Paulding County over the past ten years. To be quite frank, I do not think that Georgia and Paulding County can afford to pay for anymore of this type of "CONSERVATIVE" leadership.

Maybe you can tell me what the Republican leadership in Paulding County/and the State of Georgia has done for us for the past eight years? Including some of the candidates that are presently running for these offices.

I COULD CARELESS WHETHER A CANDIDATE HAS AN D OR AN I OR AN R OR AN A$$ HOLE AFTER HIS NAME I AM VOTING FOR A CANDIDATE THAT HAS SWORN HIS/HER ALLEGIANCE TO THE CITIZENS, NOT A PARTICULAR PARTY

Feelip you keep pushing this LIE, not sure why, but Braddock was never on the committee and never agreed with the bond, but the voters voted on it. Golden was on the committee, but raised taxes at least 4 times on the board, if not more, when the county was starting to grow.

Braddock voted for 1 tax on the board, voted against all the others, and they reduced the millage one time, during the HIGHEST growth years in the county. This is all public record, why don't you and your buddy Surepip look it all up since you do open records request for everything else. It's very clear that you don't want the facts, you just want to push the lie.

These are all fine candidates, and none of them deserve to be lied about.

Voting for Golden because he's a nice guy and goes to church (I haven't seen him at church in years until he decided to run for office, but he is a member) isn't a real solid reason, but its your vote. I'm sure all the candidates are nice and go to church somewhere. (I had to LOL at the comment from Feelip about Stout flashing his Jesus badge - that is funny)

Feelip, Whitey, Surepip and the rest of you that are bashing Cochran and Lane. Not sure you why you don't like Braddock since she has a track record of voting against taxes, but you seem to want to smear that record as much as possible and not use the same "ran a business" criteria on that as you've used to justify why people should vote for Gregory and Pownall over Cochran. And you are saying glowing things about Avery without using the same standard you are using to hold Beverly to. You really are all over the place. So is business experience important or is it only important when it relates to your favored candidate in whatever particular race you are talking about to make your favorite candidate appear better?

I do however agree about the sweetheart construction deals.

With Georgia having the highest bank failures in the nation, And among the highest unemployment rate, And a tax base that cannot support Quality basic education, And presently laying off thousands of teachers across the state, AND THE FACT, That just eight short years ago the State was the Best in the South East (Under Democrat control) And the Democrats provided the HTR,That reduced the tax burden on property owners, And the "CONSERVATIVE REPUBLICANS" have now eliminated this tax relief, PLUS as a county have seen some of the Highest tax increases in the history of Paulding County over the past ten years. To be quite frank, I do not think that Georgia and Paulding County can afford to pay for anymore of this type of "CONSERVATIVE" leadership.

Maybe you can tell me what the Republican leadership in Paulding County/and the State of Georgia has done for us for the past eight years? Including some of the candidates that are presently running for these offices.

I COULD CARELESS WHETHER A CANDIDATE HAS AN D OR AN I OR AN R OR AN A$$ HOLE AFTER HIS NAME I AM VOTING FOR A CANDIDATE THAT HAS SWORN HIS/HER ALLEGIANCE TO THE CITIZENS, NOT A PARTICULAR PARTY

They have managed to keep the state out of near or complete Bankruptcy. That is saying a lot for a state that was hit hard with the fall of the building industry (Hence the bank problems). We all know that was brought on MAINLY by the likes of Democrats like Chris Dodd, Barney Frank, Charlie Rangel and others who insisted that those same banks and mortgages companies make home loans to folks who didn't qualify for them. Then those same folks went about demonizing big business and the bad old banks to help government get control of this country. I say NO to letting them control this state!

Feelip you keep pushing this LIE, not sure why, but Braddock was never on the committee and never agreed with the bond, but the voters voted on it. Golden was on the committee, but raised taxes at least 4 times on the board, if not more, when the county was starting to grow.

Braddock voted for 1 tax on the board, voted against all the others, and they reduced the millage one time, during the HIGHEST growth years in the county. This is all public record, why don't you and your buddy Surepip look it all up since you do open records request for everything else. It's very clear that you don't want the facts, you just want to push the lie.

These are all fine candidates, and none of them deserve to be lied about.

Voting for Golden because he's a nice guy and goes to church (I haven't seen him at church in years until he decided to run for office, but he is a member) isn't a real solid reason, but its your vote. I'm sure all the candidates are nice and go to church somewhere. (I had to LOL at the comment from Feelip about Stout flashing his Jesus badge - that is funny)

Feelip, Whitey, Surepip and the rest of you that are bashing Cochran and Lane. Not sure you why you don't like Braddock since she has a track record of voting against taxes, but you seem to want to smear that record as much as possible and not use the same "ran a business" criteria on that as you've used to justify why people should vote for Gregory and Pownall over Cochran. And you are saying glowing things about Avery without using the same standard you are using to hold Beverly to. You really are all over the place. So is business experience important or is it only important when it relates to your favored candidate in whatever particular race you are talking about to make your favorite candidate appear better?

I do however agree about the sweetheart construction deals.

I am not a liar, but I admit to having some memory issues (possibly). You are telling me that Ms. Braddock was not a part of either committee? So who chaired and co-chaired that committee?