Paulding.com

The commercial that I just can't stand

I can't stand the Volkswagen commercial. You know, the one where one person socks another on the arm when he sees a car made by Volkswagen and says the color of the vehicle.

One of them is a white construction worker who socks a black worker on the arm and says, "Black One!". In real life, the guy would be fired AND sued! People should know that it's not legal to ball up

their fists and strike another person. Saying "Blue One!" doesn't mitigate the crime.

Here's one that I like - Staples. "Wow! That's a great price!!"

How about you all? What commercials do you just hate to see come on? Are there any that you like?

On the radio - I love the Account Temps commercials.

"Bring in Bob from Account Temps before we all work ourselves silly"

"Too late for that sir"

"I brought in new mattresses for everyone, sir, so we can all work later"

"What, Nerlman?"

I put a meatball sandwich under your pillow, sir!

Nearlman, call Bob from Account Temps,

Ok, sir, but he'll have to bring his own mattress

etc.

To tell you the truth, since I have had Comcast On-Demand and the DVR feature, I haven't seen a commercial in ages. I hate all commercials on TV, I would have to say. They burn up my time, and time is money! ;)

Mine too!!!

The one about mattress's that a doorbell rings. My dogs go nutz everytime.

And we keep the TV on a sleep timer when we go to bed... When the Meth commercial comes on with the girl that screams in the shower, it scares me every time!!!

I can't stand the Volkswagen commercial. You know, the one where one person socks another on the arm when he sees a car made by Volkswagen and says the color of the vehicle.

One of them is a white construction worker who socks a black worker on the arm and says, "Black One!". In real life, the guy would be fired AND sued! People should know that it's not legal to ball up

their fists and strike another person. Saying "Blue One!" doesn't mitigate the crime.

You never played "Punchbuggy?"

I absolutely cannot stand the quitting smoking commercials. The one with the shark that is attacking the guys arm and all he can do is sit there and say over and over cigarette cigarette cigarette then he takes some nicorette or whatever and notices the shark attacking his arm. This is so dumb I wish they would take them off.

You never played "Punchbuggy?"

No, I think that people knew me better than to slug me under the pretext of a game. The thing about this "game" as it's shown by Volkswagen, is that the people playing it are adults, on the job! They'd get fired for striking another employee! I think that it constitutes a hostile work environment.

I get football. I get boxing. Hitting other people is a part of those sports. Hitting a co-worker when you see a Volkswagen? I don't get it.

"You Lint Liiiiicker"

Yeah - I like the "dirty mouth" commercials!

No, I think that people knew me better than to slug me under the pretext of a game. The thing about this "game" as it's shown by Volkswagen, is that the people playing it are adults, on the job! They'd get fired for striking another employee! I think that it constitutes a hostile work environment.

I get football. I get boxing. Hitting other people is a part of those sports. Hitting a co-worker when you see a Volkswagen? I don't get it.

Yeah - I like the "dirty mouth" commercials!

Back in the day when you saw a vw beetle you said punchbug and hit the person next to you. It was a game. Dam no wonder the world is going to hell,everyone takes things soooo serious.

Edited by jlewi

Back in the day when you saw a vw beetle you said punchbug and hit the person next to you. It was a game. Dam no wonder the world is going to hell,everyone takes things soooo serious.

:good: :clapping:

I hate those AT&T 1/2-truth commercials. ...Where they counter the opposition's claim of wider spread 3G coverage with the implication that everywhere AT&T covers is also 3G coverage. They stop just short of overtly lying about their 3G coverage, but their implication is a very bold lie. AT&T compares their regular coverage area with their compeition's 3G coverage area. I can't understand why their competition doesn't expose it.

Commercials is probably 1/2 the reason I watch very little TV. There being nothing worth watching being the other half.

• Like 1

The "game" that you're talking about is something that children would do - not adults. The idea of on-the-job adults punching their co-workers is ridiculous. The puncher would be arrested and fired from his job, in the real world. How can people not see that?

But don't take my word for it. Put it to a scientific test.

Take a MARTA bus and do just like they do in the commercial, thus:

Punch a big, burly black guy in the arm and when you're done,

say, "Black One!".

See if he says, "Where?"

Or if he whips your ass right then and there!

I hate a lot of commercials. I hate any and all Geico commercials - esp. that stupid stack of money. I don't like Progressive Ins. commercials. And I can't stand any AT&T OR Verizon commercials.

Rigt now, the one that is like nails on a chalkboard is the radio commercial for H&A Jewelry. It's just a guy talking, but he says the word "jewelry" like "jury". I can't stand it! I want to shake him by the collar and scream "ITS JEWELRY! NOT JURY!"

Ugh. I guess I need to find something else to worry about! :lol:

Edited by MrsB

I hate the Progressive commercials. That lady crawls all over my nerves.

I also don't like the VW commercial. It's just annoying.

I am so glad I have a DVR, and I can fast forward through all commercials. The only time I am not watching something already recorded is in the mornings while I watch the news.

How about you all? What commercials do you just hate to see come on? Are there any that you like?

I like the VW commercial with Stevie Wonder. Beer commericials are almost always good--and I don't drink beer.

I like the VW commercial with Stevie Wonder. Beer commericials are almost always good--and I don't drink beer.

I love the insurance commercial that plays "I'll be there" by Michael Jackson.

The "game" that you're talking about is something that children would do - not adults. The idea of on-the-job adults punching their co-workers is ridiculous. The puncher would be arrested and fired from his job, in the real world. How can people not see that?

Please Please tell me you are kidding? It is a GAME. You can not possibly be serious about it. :rofl:

Now the "WOW, that's a low price" Is annoying. I refuse to aknowledge or even remember what they are advertising because I fear it might lead me to not shopping at what ever store or company they are advertising

Dude you need to lighten up. Its an ad, not a how to video I haven't been slug once at the office - I think it will all be OK. Haven't you ever watched a cartoon from when you were a kid just because you did it when you were a kid? The whole point of the commerical is to get those of us that played the game as a kid to feel all warm and fuzzy about child hood memories and then go buy a VW. The ads do a great job. I will admit me and the brother in laws played a game of it when I was back home last month, it was fun as hell but stupid drunk 30 year olds will do stupid drunk things I guess.

Personally I can't stand those facial cream commericals with Jessica Simpson. I love the etrade kids and the commerical for the new Mustang.

Edited by MotorCity MadMan

On the radio - I love the Account Temps commercials.

"Bring in Bob from Account Temps before we all work ourselves silly"

"Too late for that sir"

"I brought in new mattresses for everyone, sir, so we can all work later"

"What, Nerlman?"

I put a meatball sandwich under your pillow, sir!

Nearlman, call Bob from Account Temps,

Ok, sir, but he'll have to bring his own mattress

etc.

I've always wondered - if Bob is so good, why does he work as a temp rather than have a full time job?

I say hire Bob and get rid of Nerlman.

I think its a Vonage commercial, its goes "dun-uh dun-uh, dun dun dun-uh dun-uh, you can stream vids at the park while your boss...blah blah. and use phases like circle back and touching base"...

I hate it.

But I do kinda like the song "how you like me now" car commercial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky1rlAmJchg

Edited by Whoa Willie

I think its a Vonage commercial, its goes "dun-uh dun-uh, dun dun dun-uh dun-uh, you can stream vids at the park while your boss...

I think that is "Clear WiMax 4G Highspeed wireless internet"...yeah, it bugs me too, but mostly because they have a similar ad on Pandora. Oh well, it's free (for now).

Edited by Superscoot52

:rofl: ok.... :wacko:

I think that is "Clear WiMax 4G Highspeed wireless internet"...yeah, it bugs me too.

Thats it!! GRRRRR

Edited by Whoa Willie

I don't like the commercials with those cave men guys...eww I literally have to leave the room or turn down the volume and look away.

The other commercial that drives me nuts is the one with the talking stain. You know where they guy is in an interview or something and he has a stain on his shirt and every time he tries to answer question the stain talks at the same time. Heck that happens every time I try to have a phone conversation with an adult. Suddenly all three of my kids need to ask or tell me something. LOL

I think the punchbug commercial is kind of cute. I like that they took something that kids do and made a commercial out of it. I also think the point is to show the world the VW makes more than just bugs. Aren't marketers also supposed to be getting the attention of their future customers? Well when they do these punchbug commercials they get the attention of kids who play this game as well as adults who used to.

For the record we play punch bug but we don't actually punch each other. Well I do it sometimes lightly but with the kids it's more about who says it first. And convertibles are worth double points. Oh and I am 42 years old but sometimes I can be a kid at heart.