Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
denisedaisy33

Has anyone tried a medical alert alarm

I am looking for a medical alert alarm for my grandfather incase he falls. There are so many out on the market that I wanted to see if anyone had any experience with these and which they have liked the best. Thanks

My mom had Life Alert. It was wonderful! Reasonably priced, too.

My mom had to be careful not to set it off by accident. They ALWAYS responded within seconds. I can't remember how many times it was used by necessity but I do remember that my sister was always contacted within a couple of minutes. I know once the paramedics had to wait for my sister to get there to take my mom to the hospital. My mom was being stubborn and refused to go until my sister got there. :pardon:

I knew of someone who used Lifeline, they were pretty satisfied and the product itself was reliable and so was the the people who monitored the unit.

My mom had Life Alert. It was wonderful! Reasonably priced, too.

My mom had to be careful not to set it off by accident. They ALWAYS responded within seconds. I can't remember how many times it was used by necessity but I do remember that my sister was always contacted within a couple of minutes. I know once the paramedics had to wait for my sister to get there to take my mom to the hospital. My mom was being stubborn and refused to go until my sister got there. :pardon:

My MIL has that one too. Seems fine and reasonable.

I can't remember how much it cost, and this was back in 2003-2004-2005 but it was quite reasonably priced. I paid a whole year in advance and think the whole year was around $160.00.

My MIL has that one too. Seems fine and reasonable.

I am not sure they still offer the service but the Kennestone Volunteers - Wellstar is who I had monitor my mother for several years. They contracted with another company but they were GREAT. The price was good, aprox. $35 per month and the unit was rented. There was a $75 set up fee but no purchase of a very expensive unit.

My wife and I lived next door to my mother and what ever the cost (within reason) was worth it. Someone broke into the house and accosted her in bed--A push of the button and we were inside with her within a minute. She had bitten him so bad on the hand he left a trail of blood down the hall and out the back door. Mom was 93 at the time. Several times she slid out of the wheelchair and needed help. At 94 and 95 she had fallen outside and needed help. The last bad fall would have left her outside in the garden for 3 to 5 hours before I would have visited her to get her in bed--it was beginning to be a cold evening.

It is very well worth it if the need arises.

Look around for a good price

When my grandfather lived with us we had something that would call us. I think we got it from AARP and it cost around $100. It was the same kind of thing--a button he could push but it would call.

I used American Medical Alarms for my Mother. The cost was $24.95 per month and you can cancel at anytime. The equipment is leased. I was happy with their service.

Here is the link to their site.

My link