Paulding.com

DO WE HAVE OPTIONS WHEN IT COMES TO

Your account of the movie is about as accurate as some of the other crap you are spewing.

“May flowers always line your path and sunshine light your day. May songbirds serenade you every step along the way. May a rainbow run beside you in a sky that's always blue. And may happiness fill your heart each day your whole life through.”

Have a loverly day!

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was reading the following article and I am wondering to myself WHY we have laws if you can "opt" out of following them. How can a college decide they are going to keep an "illegal" in the US AND u

There are many illegal aliens in the school system. We don't require social security cards or citizenship papers. You just have to bring shot records, utitlity bills, and a birth certificates to enrol

You seem to have it all figured out Scootie. How about posting the rest of us a map to your utopia.   I still say our only hope is an all out revolution.

No, unemployed is defined as:

Persons are classified as unemployed if they do not have a job, have actively looked for work in the prior 4 weeks, and are currently available for work. Actively looking for work may consist of any of the following activities:

• Contacting:
    • An employer directly or having a job interview
    • A public or private employment agency
    • Friends or relatives
    • A school or university employment center

[*]Sending out resumes or filling out applications[*]Placing or answering advertisements[*] Checking union or professional registers[*] Some other means of active job search

Of course, if there are no jobs listed they are qualified for, I guess they do not count. And if you are not ON unemployment, you do not count. We are not talking about people who never worked, or have no intention of working, but you can play that game if you choose. It is the way to make life fit your chosen view.

Interesting how you ignore such an important person's outright acknowledgment of teaching others to milk the system. Wow.

And of course, our wonderful government representatives would never want to decieve Americans.

Trust no one! :ninja:

So it really boils down to distrust of the government...ah.

Thanks for the stimulating conversation. 'Till next time. :good:

I do not trust anyone who has repeatedly lied to me, stolen from me, or celebrated themselves as a savior of the people. Kind of resembles a lot of government officials. Do I distrust ALL government? No. But stupid people do seem to support the most fanciful liars. They believe them to be looking out for their own good. And that is scary. I see a lot of stupid people who can spout phony numbers to suit their needs. I prefer to make my own decisions about life. But, some people like Big Brother making every single decision for them.

Not a matter of distrusting all government, just the ones I see lying to me. But, of course, YOU believe what you want. And your wonderfully tiny world will look all shiny.

DANG! I remember why I stopped looking in the political forum. Idiots live there! And they like to sugar coat the real world!

No, unemployed is defined as:

Persons are classified as unemployed if they do not have a job, have actively looked for work in the prior 4 weeks, and are currently available for work. Actively looking for work may consist of any of the following activities:

• Contacting:
    • An employer directly or having a job interview
    • A public or private employment agency
    • Friends or relatives
    • A school or university employment center

[*]Sending out resumes or filling out applications[*]Placing or answering advertisements[*] Checking union or professional registers[*] Some other means of active job search

Of course, if there are no jobs listed they are qualified for, I guess they do not count. And if you are not ON unemployment, you do not count. We are not talking about people who never worked, or have no intention of working, but you can play that game if you choose. It is the way to make life fit your chosen view.

Interesting how you ignore such an important person's outright acknowledgment of teaching others to milk the system. Wow.

since you haven't quoted anyone, i have no idea if you're talking to me.

i was simply making the point that, when you asked

"Do they take into account those whose benefits have expired? Or those who didn't qualify for some reason?"

you were asking about people who didn't fit the above definition of unemployment. if we're going to caount the people who are jobless but who don't meet the above definition, we need to count all of them, regardless of their circumstance.

who is this important person who made an outright acknowledgement? you're vague 'they', mentioned below, led me to believe that you were speaking of welfare recipients, or workers.

yep. i ignore 'them'.

"Hey, I'm all for clearing off the welfare log. I am not on welfare. Never have been. But I have worked in the welfare system. Made me sick to see those who needed the help not getting it, and those who worked the system getting it all. Of course, now they are encouraging it! They want to let our youth know they can chase their dreams and America will foot the bill for them. Don't worry about paying your bills! We got ya covered. Or did you miss that speech?"

anyhow. you're awfully upset because one person says that they see the country being not as bad off as it was a year ago. i tend to agree with that person. from my perspective, things are getting better.

i'm sorry that things are not better for you. or for your three to one ratio of friends.

i hope you can find work without having to move.

Edited by NC-17

“May flowers always line your path and sunshine light your day. May songbirds serenade you every step along the way. May a rainbow run beside you in a sky that's always blue. And may happiness fill your heart each day your whole life through.”

Have a loverly day!

I hear the Varsity is having a special on FOs today.

Because as soon as I mention her highness's name, this bounces into the political forum. But, here's your quote. You can figure out where it came from:

“We see it as an entrepreneurial bill, a bill that says to someone, if you want to be creative and be a musician or whatever, you can leave your work, focus on your talent, your skill, your passion, your aspirations because you will have health care.”

You don't have to work. Someone else will foot the bill!

By only counting those on unemployment, they are short changing the numbers quite a bit. Some people aren't eligible, and not just because they quit jobs. There was a point when I was laid off, and wasn't able to get unemployment because I had been on unemployment too soon before, which is why I had to mess around with stuff like staffing agencies (which I hate btw).

By only counting those on unemployment, they are short changing the numbers quite a bit. Some people aren't eligible, and not just because they quit jobs. There was a point when I was laid off, and wasn't able to get unemployment because I had been on unemployment too soon before, which is why I had to mess around with stuff like staffing agencies (which I hate btw).

i agree with this. :good:

and i have no idea who psychomom is talking to or what about. i don't know who her highness is.

i'm out. this has gotten way too weird. :wacko:

That's not how it is done.

boring details

That doesn't sound like the most accurate system either. Not that there probably is a great system, because people are generally too lazy to participate in anything.

I agree. But this does give the government more room to fudge the numbers. The true numbers would cause widespread panic and probably a collapse of the entire system.

I agree. But this does give the government more room to fudge the numbers. The true numbers would cause widespread panic and probably a collapse of the entire system.

probably. I love the seasonal adjustment, because people leave their jobs for vacations all the time, especially in this economy.

probably. I love the seasonal adjustment, because people leave their jobs for vacations all the time, especially in this economy.

Yeah. I'm not taking a vacation next week. :huh:

But what I don't understand is the "highly trained census worker". I have never seen one of these gathering info specifically for unemployment.

Yeah. I'm not taking a vacation next week. :huh:

But what I don't understand is the "highly trained census worker". I have never seen one of these gathering info specifically for unemployment.

me either. And how highly do they train census workers, when they work max 6 months every 10 years?

That doesn't sound like the most accurate system either. Not that there probably is a great system, because people are generally too lazy to participate in anything.

or too paranoid, indignant, or stuck on their constitutional rights to participate? :mellow:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

sorry feelip. i had to do it. :wub:

or too paranoid, indignant, or stuck on their constitutional rights to participate? :mellow:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

sorry feelip. i had to do it. :wub:

If you hurry you can still catch that special at the Varsity. :D

BTW, you forgot JUST TOO DAMN GOOD. ;)

Yes there are but we've had administrations with different priorities around since the 70's.

We ignore the laws and allow such incidents to continue largely because there are powerful interests in the USA including those in the building industry, those in agriculture and food processing, and even landscaping, all of which benefited from the presence of illegal aliens. They benefit largely because they don't have to pay them minimum wage, they know they won't object to handling dangerous chemicals, do work without proper safety equipment. How do they know they won't object?

Because the way the system works they'll be deported before they tell their story.

We've all, more or less, been on board with turning a blind eye to the issue because we benefit through lower food prices, cheaper landscaping services and a host of other benefits. The government has been on board in part because as long as they get the social security and taxes withheld - knowing the illegals will never be able to collect social security and are afraid of filing for tax returns.

I think we all know how much power the 'payday' lenders have in our state legislatures and part and parcel of that business model is the cashing of checks for illegals (and the loaning to them of money at 100 percent 'plus' annual interest). The illegals, because they are subject to immediate deportation, are prized customers because ... well you can rip 'em off indiscriminately. So, do you think the predatory lending lobby won't be in the legislature saying, "I don't want you do anything ... really, I mean it, don't do anything about immigration."

Oh, and don't forget the transient farm workers. This roving band of agricultural labor has been an invading army since WWII. Agriculture has been and remains dependent on this army of farm workers who head all the way to Wisconsin and Minnesota to the old south each season. They were allowed in and you can bet those in the farm states were always lobbying for the availability of this labor. I know that politicians in the south were aware of the virtual revolution they'd have if they pressed for vigorous enforcement.

The point is that we have invited these folks in for decades. That a few stragglers stayed and built a life is a fact of life.

The question is, given their tacit invitation is it true justice to treat these folks as inferior beings with no rights to the life they've built here?

I think the question is not what Judge Scalia would do - I think we all know he'd kick'em out with out a moment of concern or regret. The real question is what would Jesus do?

I think he'd at least want us to question whether it is just that a child, educated here and nearing a college degree, be put in shackles and dropped in a foreign country that is notorious for its corruption.

Let me say that I think that we missed a real opportunity back in 2007 when we failed to resolve the immigration issue. As the near successful effort at that time established - including concessions to minimize (rather than maximize individual human suffering - justice is not served by arbitrary and across the board enforcement. One reason, of course, is the level of integration of many within the Hispanic community means that only by exceeding the authority of government - expanding the police powers of the government - could we do the project right.

pubby

wwjd? :rolleyes:

Yep, the lefty playbook in play. Last I knew...and know...is that Jesus said to follow man's law unless it conflicts with His Father's law. Breaking a legit man's law does not violate any of His laws.

Try again, Pubby.

wwjd? :rolleyes:

Yep, the lefty playbook in play. Last I knew...and know...is that Jesus said to follow man's law unless it conflicts with His Father's law. Breaking a legit man's law does not violate any of His laws.

Try again, Pubby.

What are you smoking? And can I have some?

Dude, do both of your feet touch the ground when you get out of bed in the morning?

Yes, you follow the law. Plain and simple and I don't see where Patton has said anything differently. But then again, I see the fence post and have to assume you are arguing with it.