Paulding.com

DO WE HAVE OPTIONS WHEN IT COMES TO

The historic president's aunt is an illegal alien from Kenya. She was granted amnesty yesterday. What a bunch of horse sh*t. Look for Obama to buy himself 22 million votes by granting amnesty to all the Mexicans. If this happens we will have lost our country. It is time for a revolt.

Maybe she needs protection and hiding because she really knows where 0bama was born. :ninja: (I kid, I kid :lol:)

i couldn't disagree with you more.

jail? for how long? you know how much that crap costs?

please explain to me why illegals should be kept in american jails, funded by american taxpayers.

Until they can be deported to their own country. :)

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was reading the following article and I am wondering to myself WHY we have laws if you can "opt" out of following them. How can a college decide they are going to keep an "illegal" in the US AND u

There are many illegal aliens in the school system. We don't require social security cards or citizenship papers. You just have to bring shot records, utitlity bills, and a birth certificates to enrol

You seem to have it all figured out Scootie. How about posting the rest of us a map to your utopia.   I still say our only hope is an all out revolution.

Again, what kind of revolution or revolt?

We are better than other countries. The gloom and doom-sayers will only see things one way; there is no hope of changing their line of thinking. Words like 'revolt' are dangerous and shouldn't be used lightly.

I understand the unemployed thing. I was for quite a while, but during that time I finished a degree, started work on a masters, took an internship from the GA DOL which led to a term assignment which led to a regular job. Most people aren't willing to take an internship, it's just a fact, and I can't blame them. It's demeaning. It's a step down, but sometimes you have to take a step back to go two steps forward.

Plus, we have to consider the local employment situation rather than national. Paulding has very limited employment opportunities even in good times. The jobs here are education, government, medical, and retail. Not exactly a hotbed of activity right now.

A voting revolution is a joke. Politicians are politicians, it doesn't matter which ones we have, as a breed they are dishonest and ineffective. Our whole system of govt is so far away from what it was meant to be that I honestly don't think voting will ever fix the system. It'll take people getting out into the streets, and the threat of chaos to get real change.

As far as the employment thing, it certainly seems like your life is going better, but for 90% of us, things are just getting worse. Frankly, I do look at the local situation. I couldn't give two pieces of crap about jobs in Boston or San Francisco. There are no jobs in GA. I was talking to my family the other day, because my brother and I both got laid off in the last few months. We were talking about how it's almost impossible to even get an interview. At this point, if you don't know someone at a company who can put in a good word for you, then your chances of getting a good job are very nearly nil. When a company receives 100 resumes for 1 job, they don't even bother reading them all many times.

Here is where we live. Where else should we look? Some of us have already finished degrees and internships. The jobs just aren't there. Your imagined world sounds great. Sadly, most of America doesn't live there.

I'm sorry for your situation and for those you know who lost, well, everything. There is a lot of blame to dish out, but looking from the bottom up, there isn't much locally in terms of job opportunities, and from what I can tell there never has been. Some people started their own businesses during this time. Others moved to wherever the jobs are more plentiful, the Midwest for example. I don't know many people who have really given it their all to find jobs; they try for a while, get frustrated, and give up or just look sporatically. I can't blame them; it's human nature.

So, you recommend that we leave our lifetime home? Move away from our extended family? Leave the home we built with our own two hands? All because it would make YOUR argument make some kind of sense? America is in a mess. Where in this country do you want to send all of us looking for work? Where is this Utopia of jobs and plenty? What is this magical land? And do they have unicorns there?

A voting revolution is a joke. Politicians are politicians, it doesn't matter which ones we have, as a breed they are dishonest and ineffective. Our whole system of govt is so far away from what it was meant to be that I honestly don't think voting will ever fix the system. It'll take people getting out into the streets, and the threat of chaos to get real change.

As far as the employment thing, it certainly seems like your life is going better, but for 90% of us, things are just getting worse. Frankly, I do look at the local situation. I couldn't give two pieces of crap about jobs in Boston or San Francisco. There are no jobs in GA. I was talking to my family the other day, because my brother and I both got laid off in the last few months. We were talking about how it's almost impossible to even get an interview. At this point, if you don't know someone at a company who can put in a good word for you, then your chances of getting a good job are very nearly nil. When a company receives 100 resumes for 1 job, they don't even bother reading them all many times.

Look at Thailand right now. Do you really want that in our country?

I also don't care about national job reports, but where does the blame lie for the lack of local job opportunities? It lies with those who resisted efforts for job creation in Paulding because they feared changing the nature of the county. Instead, the majority of employed Pauldingites (Pauldians?) commute to other counties, taking away valuable time out of their day to congest the roads and spend their money elsewhere. I would LOVE to work in Paulding, instead I work 40 miles away.

BTW, what kind of job are you looking for? Every little bit of networking helps...

Oh! And of course, my husband's business would have to be left behind, because the customers he has now won't be able to get the service they do now all the way from Utopia. So, I guess I have to leave him and my family behind. But hey! It helps your argument.

I'm sorry for your situation and for those you know who lost, well, everything. There is a lot of blame to dish out, but looking from the bottom up, there isn't much locally in terms of job opportunities, and from what I can tell there never has been. Some people started their own businesses during this time. Others moved to wherever the jobs are more plentiful, the Midwest for example. I don't know many people who have really given it their all to find jobs; they try for a while, get frustrated, and give up or just look sporatically. I can't blame them; it's human nature.

You seem to have it all figured out Scootie. How about posting the rest of us a map to your utopia.

I still say our only hope is an all out revolution.

• Like 1

It's no secret what I do for a living. And I have never worked IN Paulding. Always had to drive elsewhere for work. Good grief! Wake up! America is not improving. Hopefully, we will see SOMETHING improve after November, but I fully expect martial law to be put into effect before then. How else can the elections be stopped?

So, you recommend that we leave our lifetime home? Move away from our extended family? Leave the home we built with our own two hands? All because it would make YOUR argument make some kind of sense? America is in a mess. Where in this country do you want to send all of us looking for work? Where is this Utopia of jobs and plenty? What is this magical land? And do they have unicorns there?

If being employed is important to you, then yes, you might have to leave your extended family and the home you built with your own two hands. I have no doubt that you're more than qualified at whatever it is you do, but if there is no demand for your services here, consider going somewhere where the demand might be higher. Is it ideal? Nope. Sorry. I considered moving, and likely will move to avoid this hellish commute every morning. It is what it is.

MY argument is that things are improving. YOUR argument is that things are not improving and getting worse. My coin lands on heads, yours lands on tails.

Your situation will improve, hopefully sooner rather than later, and I do hope you find your unicorn.

Again, what kind of revolution or revolt?

We are better than other countries. The gloom and doom-sayers will only see things one way; there is no hope of changing their line of thinking. Words like 'revolt' are dangerous and shouldn't be used lightly.

I understand the unemployed thing. I was for quite a while, but during that time I finished a degree, started work on a masters, took an internship from the GA DOL which led to a term assignment which led to a regular job. Most people aren't willing to take an internship, it's just a fact, and I can't blame them. It's demeaning. It's a step down, but sometimes you have to take a step back to go two steps forward.

Plus, we have to consider the local employment situation rather than national. Paulding has very limited employment opportunities even in good times. The jobs here are education, government, medical, and retail. Not exactly a hotbed of activity right now.

This is exactly what pisses me off....People like you are willing to work their a** off to make a good living for themselves. Then we turn around and read some article like the attached on what "illegals" are coming in to our Country and being given FREE.

Parkland Memorial Hospital in Dallas, Texas is a fairly famous institution and for a variety of reasons:

1. John F. Kennedy died there in 1963;

2. Lee Harvey Oswald died there shortly after;

3. Jack Ruby, who killed Oswald, died there a few years later.

On the flip side, Parkland is also home to the second busiest maternity ward in the country with almost 16,000 new babies arriving each year. (That's almost 44 per day�every day)!

A recent patient survey indicated that 70 percent of the women who gave birth at Parkland in the first three months of 2006 were illegal immigrants. That's 11,200 anchor babies born every year just in Dallas!!!

According to the article, the hospital spent $70.7 million delivering 15,938 babies in 2004 but managed to end up with almost $8 million dollars in surplus funding. Medicaid kicked in $34.5 million, Dallas County taxpayers kicked in $31.3 million and the feds tossed in another $9.5 million.

The average patient in Parkland in maternity wards is 25 years old, married and giving birth to her second child. She is also an illegal immigrant. By law, pregnant women cannot be denied medical care based on their immigration status or ability to pay.

OK, fine. That doesn't mean they should receive better care than everyday, middle-class American citizens. But at Parkland Hospital, they do. " Parkland Memorial Hospital has nine prenatal clinics. NINE!!!

The Dallas Morning News article followed a Hispanic woman who was a patient at one of the clinics and pregnant with her third child�her previous two were also born at Parkland. Her first two deliveries were free and the Mexican native was grateful because it would have cost $200 to have them in Mexico. This time, the hospital wants her to pay $10 per visit and $100 for the delivery but she was unsure if she could come up with the money. Not that it matters, the hospital won't turn her away. (I wonder why they even bother asking at this point.)

"How long has this been going on? What are the long-term effects?

Well, another subject of the article was born at Parkland in 1986 shortly after her mother entered the US illegally. Now she is having her own child there as well.

(That's right; she's technically a US citizen.)

These women receive free prenatal care including medication, nutrition, birthing classes and child care classes. They also get freebies such as car seats, bottles, diapers and formula.

Most of these things are available to American citizens as well, but only for low-income applicants, and even then, the red tape involved is almost insurmountable.

Because these women are illegal immigrants, they do not have to provide any sort of legitimate identification, no proof of income. An American citizen would have to provide a social security number which would reveal their annual income. An illegal immigrant need only claim to be poor and the hospital must take them at their word.

Parkland Hospital offers indigent care to Dallas County residents who earn less than $40,000 per year. (They also have to prove they did not refuse health coverage at their current job. Yeah, the 'free' care is not so easy for Americans.)

There are about 140 patients who received roughly $4 million dollars for un-reimbursed medical care. As it turns out, they did not qualify for free treatment because they resided outside of Dallas County so the hospital is going to sue them! Illegal's get it all free! But U.S. citizens who live outside of Dallas County get sued! How stupid is this?

As if that isn't annoying enough, the illegal immigrant patients are actually complaining about hospital staff not speaking Spanish. In this AP story, the author speaks with a woman who is upset she had to translate comments from the hospital staff into Spanish for her husband. The doctor was trying to explain the situation to the family and the mother was forced to translate for her husband who only spoke Spanish. This was apparently a great injustice to her.

In an attempt to create a Spanish-speaking staff, Parkland Hospital is now providing incentives in the form of extra pay for applicants who speak Spanish. Additionally, medical students at the University of Texas Southwestern for which Parkland Hospital is the training facility will now have a Spanish language requirement added to their already jammed-packed curriculum. No other school in the country boasts such a ridiculous multi-semester (multicultural) requirement.

It's no secret what I do for a living. And I have never worked IN Paulding. Always had to drive elsewhere for work. Good grief! Wake up! America is not improving. Hopefully, we will see SOMETHING improve after November, but I fully expect martial law to be put into effect before then. How else can the elections be stopped?

Again, I hope you find your unicorn.

It's a sick, sick world we are in right now if leaving your family is the only option. That is why I have a real problem with what is going on with America. How is it an improvement for America if it encourages the break up of family units? Sick. Really sick. I will survive. And I am, amazingly, a very positive person. But I am also realistic. The reality is, America is in a major mess and we need to smell the coffee. Blaming the past is very popular, but the present isn't helping. It is making things a zillion times worse. My poor grandchildren will be paupers while in pampers.

It's a sick, sick world we are in right now if leaving your family is the only option. That is why I have a real problem with what is going on with America. How is it an improvement for America if it encourages the break up of family units? Sick. Really sick. I will survive. And I am, amazingly, a very positive person. But I am also realistic. The reality is, America is in a major mess and we need to smell the coffee. Blaming the past is very popular, but the present isn't helping. It is making things a zillion times worse. My poor grandchildren will be paupers while in pampers.

The reason Obama appeals to so many young people is that he demonstrates the "borrowing yourself out of debt theory" that most young people want so bad to be real. And as usual, the people that know how to manage their money and aren't addicted to instant gratification will be punished for them behaving like spoiled brats.

The word "earn" means nothing to most young people these days because their parents were in a contest with other parents to see who could give their brat the most "stuff". And the scary part is that generation is now old enough to vote. Just don't tell them they can vote and maybe they will keep playing their video games and not screw anything else up.

I do see part of 'scoot's point, but I also agree with PyscoMom..

A lot of people have finally decided to relocate to for work. A lot of people of left behind their families. It sucks, and it is sad. I had to do it for about a year only seeing my husband 3 days a week. Sometimes you really do have to do what you do.

But, the problem was we can't sell our house for what we owe on it. If we were to sell it at the rates the other foreclosures are going forin my 'hood, we would take a huge loss and we can't afford that. We are afraid to rent it at this point.

But PyscoMom is right when she says this:

The reason Obama appeals to so many young people is that he demonstrates the "borrowing yourself out of debt theory" that most young people want so bad to be real. And as usual, the people that know how to manage their money and aren't addicted to instant gratification will be punished for them behaving like spoiled brats.

The word "earn" means nothing to most young people these days because their parents were in a contest with other parents to see who could give their brat the most "stuff". And the scary part is that generation is now old enough to vote. Just don't tell them they can vote and maybe they will keep playing their video games and not screw anything else up.

:clapping:

Look at Thailand right now. Do you really want that in our country?

I also don't care about national job reports, but where does the blame lie for the lack of local job opportunities? It lies with those who resisted efforts for job creation in Paulding because they feared changing the nature of the county. Instead, the majority of employed Pauldingites (Pauldians?) commute to other counties, taking away valuable time out of their day to congest the roads and spend their money elsewhere. I would LOVE to work in Paulding, instead I work 40 miles away.

BTW, what kind of job are you looking for? Every little bit of networking helps...

I'd like to to back to Security, it's what I've been going to school for, and I have more experience there than other places. But I've applied for cook jobs, data entry, office work, warehouse, manufacturing, even fast food, etc.., and have heard absolutely nothing.

MY argument is that things are improving. YOUR argument is that things are not improving and getting worse. My coin lands on heads, yours lands on tails.

Made me think of this quote from our last real president:

A recession is when your neighbor loses his job. A depression is when you lose yours. And recovery is when Jimmy Carter loses his.

Just insert Obama for Jimmy Carter and the quote will be just as true today as it was then.

I'd like to to back to Security, it's what I've been going to school for, and I have more experience there than other places. But I've applied for cook jobs, data entry, office work, warehouse, manufacturing, even fast food, etc.., and have heard absolutely nothing.

Well, I'll keep an ear out for you.

Made me think of this quote from our last real president:

A recession is when your neighbor loses his job. A depression is when you lose yours. And recovery is when Jimmy Carter loses his.

Just insert Obama for Jimmy Carter and the quote will be just as true today as it was then.

Blame goes beyond political affiliation, mon frere.

I'm your huckleberry! ;)

I'll just take that as we have similar tastes in movies...

Do you post that every hour on the hour?

How is it an improvement for America if it encourages the break up of family units?

You sometimes have to do what you have to do. When the Dust Bowl was killing the midwest, people moved. People followed jobs during the Great Depression. Left-handed relief pitchers can't just sit in Atlanta waiting for the Braves to call if there are opportunities elsewhere. I don't know what you do, but in our rare interactions you've been very kind. You are from here, you put down roots, you don't want to or can't leave, so I guess you're at the mercy of the local economy...which is improving from this time last year ;).

The historic president's aunt is an illegal alien from Kenya. She was granted amnesty yesterday. What a bunch of horse sh*t. Look for Obama to buy himself 22 million votes by granting amnesty to all the Mexicans. If this happens we will have lost our country. It is time for a revolt.

Last I heard she was living in public housing and has always lived in public housing. Funny that tax dollars instead of Obama's are helping her live in America and now she gets amnesty and can continue living on tax dollars.rolleyes.gif

You sometimes have to do what you have to do. When the Dust Bowl was killing the midwest, people moved. People followed jobs during the Great Depression. Left-handed relief pitchers can't just sit in Atlanta waiting for the Braves to call if there are opportunities elsewhere. I don't know what you do, but in our rare interactions you've been very kind. You are from here, you put down roots, you don't want to or can't leave, so I guess you're at the mercy of the local economy...which is improving from this time last year ;).

Well, when you see Tattoo and Mr. Roarke, tell them hello for me. And I'm glad YOUR life is improving. Alas, YOU are not the world. And for the rest of us in the real world, we will keep plugging away. BTW, what city has the abundance of jobs? I am curious. You seem to have the magic 8 ball of jobs out there. So, which city in America is so full of jobs they are desperate for us all to move there for work?

Well, when you see Tattoo and Mr. Roarke, tell them hello for me. And I'm glad YOUR life is improving. Alas, YOU are not the world. And for the rest of us in the real world, we will keep plugging away. BTW, what city has the abundance of jobs? I am curious. You seem to have the magic 8 ball of jobs out there. So, which city in America is so full of jobs they are desperate for us all to move there for work?

bitterness really doesn't become you.

i doubt there's any one city out there, full of jobs. but, if you are willing to broaden your search you may find a few cities that have a few jobs in your field.

I have and am looking. Unless I am willing to move out of state and make less money than I need to pay for housing out of state, then there isn't much. The field has dried up. I am branching out, and I have options currently, but he is full of crap. Things are not improving for the majority of America. One person getting a job only means it got better for HIM, not for the rest of America. Not bitter. Just honest. I'm actually pretty happy right now. We are surviving on one income, even though it has been reduced as well. But, I refuse to be blind to reality. America is in trouble. It is going to get worse. And eventually, it will turn around, but not until we stop the bleeding. We were already wounded, but this new shift in priorities by our officials has created a gaping wound full of staph. It is getting much worse. And the only thing to do to improve it is to get rid of the staff (and I meant to spell it that way this time!).

The local economy is not noticeably better than last year. In fact, I thought unemployment was worse this year than last. Does anyone have the figures?

Are those based on new claims only? Do they take into account those whose benefits have expired? Or those who didn't qualify for some reason? And which states are these? Now, if you are only talking new claims, then you are just flapping your gums. I want to know the actual numbers, not the phony ones.

But, you still haven't listed these mystical cities seeking all America for work.

Are those based on new claims only? Do they take into account those whose benefits have expired? Or those who didn't qualify for some reason? And which states are these? Now, if you are only talking new claims, then you are just flapping your gums. I want to know the actual numbers, not the phony ones.

But, you still haven't listed these mystical cities seeking all America for work.

Unemployment figures also usually don't count those who have temporarily stopped looking for work, like those who are unemployment and going to school full time, or those who have just give up temporarily. They also don't count some people who have quit jobs. I really want to know the real numbers, month to month, for paulding if anyone has them. Not that they will probably be accurate numbers.

And don't forget the "seasonally adjusted" figures. They like to use those because then you see pretty numbers. After all, people aren't unemployed! They are just on vacation!!! What about the mom who had 2 part time jobs? No unemployment for her, even though both jobs let her go. Or the dad who worked as a self contractor for a corporation that went belly up. No more work, but no unemployment. Real life is not on the graphs.

And don't forget the "seasonally adjusted" figures. They like to use those because then you see pretty numbers. After all, people aren't unemployed! They are just on vacation!!! What about the mom who had 2 part time jobs? No unemployment for her, even though both jobs let her go. Or the dad who worked as a self contractor for a corporation that went belly up. No more work, but no unemployment. Real life is not on the graphs.

ah... but then you'd have to take into account all the folks who've NEVER worked, are too sorry to work, got fired for cause, or decide that they make too much off welfare to go get a job.

double edged sword.

What would it matter? You're not moving, right?

How about states first, will that be acceptable? Minnesota, Oregon, Vermont, North Dakota, and Indiana had a reduction in unemployed over 12 months. Both Dakotas, Iowa, Nebraska, Oklahoma and Kansas have healthy unemployment figures, especially compared to other states.

Cities: Burlington, VT, Rochester, MN, Alexandria, LA, Fargo, ND, Lawrence, KS, St. Paul/Minneapolis, MN, Shreveport, LA. Oklahoma City is at 6%. Washington D.C. is at 6.7%. San Antonio is at 7.3%...all better than Atlanta at 10.4%.

Look at the historical high unemployment rates...many are from the early 80s. I'm glad you all didn't give up on Reagan!

Bureau of Labor Statistics.

Hey, I'm all for clearing off the welfare log. I am not on welfare. Never have been. But I have worked in the welfare system. Made me sick to see those who needed the help not getting it, and those who worked the system getting it all. Of course, now they are encouraging it! They want to let our youth know they can chase their dreams and America will foot the bill for them. Don't worry about paying your bills! We got ya covered. Or did you miss that speech?

The seasonally adjusted figures. Of course! Sugar is sweet, isn't it? Cuts the bitterness if you 'adjust' the numbers to look better.

Table B. States with statistically significant unemployment rate changes

from March 2009 to March 2010, seasonally adjusted

Going to have to repost that so it can be read. Hang on.

Edited by PsychoMom

As compared to quoting an opiate addicted gunslinger to back your idea of a revolt?

Perhaps. :rolleyes:

Your account of the movie is about as accurate as some of the other crap you are spewing.

Hey, I'm all for clearing off the welfare log. I am not on welfare. Never have been. But I have worked in the welfare system. Made me sick to see those who needed the help not getting it, and those who worked the system getting it all. Of course, now they are encouraging it! They want to let our youth know they can chase their dreams and America will foot the bill for them. Don't worry about paying your bills! We got ya covered. Or did you miss that speech?

miss? no.

ignore? yes.

but the fact of the matter is, if you want a true accounting of the 'unemployed' you have to take EVERYONE into account that's not working. regardless of the circumstances under which they became that way.

skews the perspective, radically. how many people aren't working becasue of the economy vs. how many people aren't working bbecause they don't want to?