Paulding.com

DO WE HAVE OPTIONS WHEN IT COMES TO

I was reading the following article and I am wondering to myself WHY we have laws if you can "opt" out of following them. How can a college decide they are going to keep an "illegal" in the US AND use taxpayer resources to do it?

College Blocks Illegal Student’s DeportationJudicial Watch, Corruption Chronicles

In a brazen effort to help an illegal immigrant, a public university in Georgia is spending taxpayer resources to block the deportation of a student so that she can complete her degree next year.

The Mexican illegal alien (Jessica Colotl) graduated from a Georgia public high school and has attended Kennesaw State University since 2006. The suburban Atlanta college is Georgia’s third-largest with an enrollment of about 21,000 and Colotl pays heavily discounted in-state tuition that should be reserved for legal residents.

A few weeks ago police pulled Colotl over for a traffic violation and she got arrested for driving without a license. Colotl had no valid identification (her Mexican passport had even expired) and authorities discovered that she had been living illegally in the United States for more than a decade. As per an enforcement effort between local and federal authorities, Colotl was booked and flagged for deportation.

University officials immediately became involved with the legal procedures and arranged for a deferment of the charges so that Colotl could remain in the country long enough to complete her degree. Kennesaw State University President Dan Papp has actively engaged in efforts to help the illegal immigrant student and university lawyers have obtained assistance from the Mexican Consulate in Atlanta.

Last week the university managed to get Colotl released from an immigration detention center in Gadsden, Alabama so that she could enroll in summer and fall classes. The university’s president called it “great news” and said the community is “especially thrilled” that Colotl will be allowed to continue her studies. He also thanked everyone who was involved in the effort to help the illegal alien remain in the country.

This case has ignited fury among Peach State residents, lawmakers and media outlets that believe public resources should never be spent on helping an illegal immigrant avoid deportation. One incensed newspaper columnist writes that the school’s preferential treatment of an illegal immigrant is disgusting and that Latino activist groups are behind it.

• Like 2
  • Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was reading the following article and I am wondering to myself WHY we have laws if you can "opt" out of following them. How can a college decide they are going to keep an "illegal" in the US AND u

There are many illegal aliens in the school system. We don't require social security cards or citizenship papers. You just have to bring shot records, utitlity bills, and a birth certificates to enrol

You seem to have it all figured out Scootie. How about posting the rest of us a map to your utopia.   I still say our only hope is an all out revolution.

I was reading the following article and I am wondering to myself WHY we have laws if you can "opt" out of following them. How can a college decide they are going to keep an "illegal" in the US AND use taxpayer resources to do it?

I want to know how she was able to attend school prior to even getting to KSU???

I want to know how she was able to attend school prior to even getting to KSU???

If there is a "surplus" of taxpayers resources, why is it not being spent to keep teachers who are being let go and schools which are being closed due to "lack of funds". Just seems to me the American priorities have become way out of line... Why have laws if everyone does not have to abide by them. Yes, I feel sorry for the girl but I am sure she knows what our laws are. After all, she has been in our school system for years. Is it really that hard to apply for citizenship? How many more illegals are there in KSU who are getting "HOPE" dollars or assistance from taxpayers resources? Wonder how many sibling she has who are still in the public school system...

What gets me is that she kept saying "Its not like I'm a criminal". How does she figure? She is here illegally..sounds criminal to me. I feel bad because she was thrown into this mess by her parents, and I'm sure after growing up here it would be hard to return to Mexico when she turned 18 and "do it right". How did she get into elementary school? Middle school? High school? And we are cramming classes full and laying off teachers. Hmmmmm. <_<

• Like 1

What gets me is that she kept saying "Its not like I'm a criminal". How does she figure? She is here illegally..sounds criminal to me. I feel bad because she was thrown into this mess by her parents, and I'm sure after growing up here it would be hard to return to Mexico when she turned 18 and "do it right". How did she get into elementary school? Middle school? High school? And we are cramming classes full and laying off teachers. Hmmmmm. <_<

she is here illegally, driving without a lic, I think I also heard no insurane......I thought all of those were against the law which to me equals criminal. This infuriates me on so many levels! DO NOT REWARD THOSE WHO BREAK THE LAW!

she is here illegally, driving without a lic, I think I also heard no insurane......I thought all of those were against the law which to me equals criminal. This infuriates me on so many levels! DO NOT REWARD THOSE WHO BREAK THE LAW!

And where are her parents??? I belive they also are illegal so why is nothing being done about them?

That's what I am wondering. How did she get past everyone for so long?

There are many illegal aliens in the school system. We don't require social security cards or citizenship papers. You just have to bring shot records, utitlity bills, and a birth certificates to enroll in school. We pay a lot of money for special teachers to teach these kids English. Not all students in the ELL (English Language Learning, I think) programs are illegal, but a good percentage are. We also give these kids free lunch and illegal aliens get automatic medicaid in Georgia. I watched a friend die of cancer because she couldn't get help. The lady at medicaid told her she would get it immediately if she were illegal. I see why Arizona passed their recent laws. It gets very expensive to pay for everything for people who live here and don't contribute (no social security payments out of their checks).

I have the same concerns about people who have multiple children out of wedlock and never work.

• Like 1

There are many illegal aliens in the school system. We don't require social security cards or citizenship papers. You just have to bring shot records, utitlity bills, and a birth certificates to enroll in school. We pay a lot of money for special teachers to teach these kids English. Not all students in the ELL (English Language Learning, I think) programs are illegal, but a good percentage are. We also give these kids free lunch and illegal aliens get automatic medicaid in Georgia. I watched a friend die of cancer because she couldn't get help. The lady at medicaid told her she would get it immediately if she were illegal. I see why Arizona passed their recent laws. It gets very expensive to pay for everything for people who live here and don't contribute (no social security payments out of their checks).

I have the same concerns about people who have multiple children out of wedlock and never work.

That is terrible. This angers me on so many levels. I am right ther with you, CeeJay.

I also wonder... did she go to KSU on Hope? Or government assistance of any kind? I couldn't get Hope to go to KSU when I moved here from TN b/c I didn't graduate from a GA high school and I hadn't leved in the state long enough. She's not even from this country.

I think she should be deported immediatly--no questions. It will surely cost less to deport her than to continue her education. And her family should be deported with her. And they should hold any and all funds and belongings to repay tax payer money that has surely gone to pay for education. Sorry--if it was a US citizen (drug dealer, embezzler, etc) that got caught doing something illegal--all of his stuff would be taken--so why not theirs????

I have heard of many mexicans being deported for driving with no license--what makes her different???

I had a client that had been here for 20 yrs--since he was a child. He had worked at a car dealership on Cobb Parkway for over 10 yrs and nobody knew he was illegal. He had a fender bender in Cobb and got ticketed--when he went to Court--he was detained and deported. This guy had bought a house, held a steady tax paying job--and nobody knew. His boss (who I have known all my life) said he was the best worker he had ever had!!! It was sad to know he was gone--but after finding out he was illegal---it was the only thing that could be done.

• Like 1

I think she should be deported immediatly--no questions. It will surely cost less to deport her than to continue her education. And her family should be deported with her. And they should hold any and all funds and belongings to repay tax payer money that has surely gone to pay for education. Sorry--if it was a US citizen (drug dealer, embezzler, etc) that got caught doing something illegal--all of his stuff would be taken--so why not theirs????

I have heard of many mexicans being deported for driving with no license--what makes her different???

I had a client that had been here for 20 yrs--since he was a child. He had worked at a car dealership on Cobb Parkway for over 10 yrs and nobody knew he was illegal. He had a fender bender in Cobb and got ticketed--when he went to Court--he was detained and deported. This guy had bought a house, held a steady tax paying job--and nobody knew. His boss (who I have known all my life) said he was the best worker he had ever had!!! It was sad to know he was gone--but after finding out he was illegal---it was the only thing that could be done.

:clapping: :clapping:

And she wants to be a lawyer.....go figure !!

I think this Acworth lady did a good job of summing things up....

We have specific laws and guidelines for entering this country. Why do we continue to ignore them and allow such incidences to continue. Why are the laws not not enforced? I am extremely frustrated to learn that there are so many illegals in this country who are draining our economy of valuable resources, that were intended to benefit legal citizens. It is unfair to the many immigrants who have obtained citizenship to this country by the appropriate guidelines, but it is a horrific tragedy for natural-born citizens to have to incur the expense of the illegals. I am very much in support of helping people, but the guidelines must be adhered to. So much of the economic strain that has occurred in this country, is because we can no longer afford to finance the livelihood of illegal immigrants, whether it be medical, education, social services, etc. We have to stop the madness, and begin to enforce the laws (retroactively, and going forward). We who have worked hard in this country,have paid our taxes, and are now facing financial ruin do to loss of jobs, are not able to benefit from any of the social services that we have paid into all of lives, however, the illegal immigrants receive above and beyond what they have, or will ever contribute. What’s wrong with this picture? I am completely against spreading the wealth, but I am in favor of everyone having a fair chance to make their own way, and to support themselves. Unfortunately, in this country, we no longer have that American dream because our dreams have been outsourced to foreign countries, sucked dry with illegal immigrants, and a president who has created a deficit that we will never be able to repay, and in the near future, I fear, we will all become slaves to China, should they decide to collect on the promissory notes

Edited by freebird20050

The worst part is all the whining students that are rallying for her because "shes a really nice person, and it's not fair.."

We are a nation of laws. It's what seperates us from the rest of the world. Equal justice for all, but this is treading on the line of social justice "what is good for her vice the nation"

I believe that we have become desensitized to the word illegal immigrant. Now it just seems to be a series of syllables that just flow together. The President was really good at changing language that did not test well with the public during the health care debacle, this one needs to be changed to what it really means....Trespasser.

We should not fool ourselves into thinking that if you walked the border in the other direction you would be treated any better or "more fairly". Mexico has really harsh trespassing immigration laws on their books. How about two years in a Mexican prison, and huge monetary fines...

Get her gone, dig a moat, put sharks with laser beams in that moat, landmine the other side, and then build a fence. Do that on both borders too and make the Canadian fence even taller because thats where all the cold air comes from.....

Wonder if I can go rob a bank when I need money???? After all I am a good person and it is not fair that the bank has so much and I may need some. Will you guys rally for for me?

Ms. Coloti is a pathological liar. If you have kept up with this story since it started, makes me wonder how you disminate the truth from the lies. Did she come here when she was 7 or 10 with both parents. Yet, if she is deported back to Mexico, she will not know a sole. At one time, she said her father lived there. She claimed to be a legal on her college form, she claimed to have drivers license. Where does she really live? She must be a real smooth talker for the police to let her go he first day and the Judge not to deport her.

Are grants to go to College awarded to illegals? If not, what kind of lies did she have to tell to get the grant? Are these lies punishable by imprisonment? What hardworking, tax paying peron's child did not get to go to college or had a take a student loan, so an illegal could go to college? I would place a bet on the fact that her parents have never paid taxes, other than sales tax.

The State is broke, the schools are broke, the Colleges and Univer. are broke. It seems all the budgets could be met if we the tax payer did not have to support the illegals.

Ms. Colotl says she wants to be an Attorney. Do we allow illegals to take the Bar exam and become a practicing attorney in our State? Or is her next step to steal someone's SS#.

Ms. Colotl is arrogant and feels entitled. She is only entitled to be deported, unless all the laws she has broken entitles her to some time in the BIG house. Her lawyers say that all Americans want a good person like this to be a citizen. I have not seen anything that is good.

I LOVE NEIL WARREN!

• Like 1

And she wants to be a lawyer.....go figure !!

I was just about to post this! Watch it, though.....these feelings will get you labeled as a tea bagger or as a racist or as heartless, etc....... :blush: :drinks:

I am in NO WAY saying she is but what happens if she gets her degree on us and turns out to be a terrorist???? Then everyone will say she should have been long gone. We have laws and immigration procedures what bothers me is my grandparents came here the legal way and became citizens. It takes work and time...people now days want an easy way out.

Oh goodness, I am the only person thinking this isn't awful. I do know that it is illegal; but guys, she didn't come here on her own at the age of 11. Show me a teen who makes good decisions all of the time - does yours??

So she turns 18 and all of a sudden tells her parents they need to send her back because she is illegal??

I am totally against people being here illegally - and she must do what it takes to get her act together.

I work in South Fulton county. I watch "hookers" and drug deals - the police turn their backs and we have heard that from their own lips. They are encouraged to do so. My office was broken into twice and robbed of equipment.

I would rather see these thugs and hookers deported than a young girl in college; or the teenager that drives through neighborhoods and bashes your mailbox and steals your kid's bike.

Ok, go ahead - bash me! But that is how I feel.

• Like 1

Teachers are not allowed to ask a person's citizenship status.

So, you have a child brought to this country and taught to lie - to the teachers, the school, anyone who asks. She grows old enough for a license and is taken home to Mexico to get a license - which she doesn't renew (inconvenient)?

You have the enablers - all the people telling her she is a good person and entitled to an education. Including KSU.

Why is everyone surprised that her idea of a "messed up system" is that people are angry with her being here rather than an acknowledgement that she is breaking the law.

Neal Boortz talks today about the southwest, which the Mexican government is encouraging its citizens to think of as territory we (the USA) has illegally occupied.

We will be asked to tolerate some sort of amnesty. WE CAN NOT AFFORD THIS.

There are people promoting studies which basically say the states are paying through the nose for illegal immigrants while the federal government is actually making money (for the ones that pay social security).

Since social security is in the toilet, and illegals vote Democratic - can you see what is coming?

Habla espanol?

The only option at this point is to vote. Wisely.

Edited by LindaB

Oh, she had a drivers license AND a passport from Mexico or so she said. My question is this, when did she go back to Mexico to get these items? If she could do that why didn't she apply to come back as a legal immigrant? I think she and her parents should be charged with theft of services. If an American had defrauded the government they would be charged and prosecuted. How is it that illegals can get away with it and NOT be prosecuted?

Oh goodness, I am the only person thinking this isn't awful. I do know that it is illegal; but guys, she didn't come here on her own at the age of 11. Show me a teen who makes good decisions all of the time - does yours??

So she turns 18 and all of a sudden tells her parents they need to send her back because she is illegal??

I am totally against people being here illegally - and she must do what it takes to get her act together.

I work in South Fulton county. I watch "hookers" and drug deals - the police turn their backs and we have heard that from their own lips. They are encouraged to do so. My office was broken into twice and robbed of equipment.

I would rather see these thugs and hookers deported than a young girl in college; or the teenager that drives through neighborhoods and bashes your mailbox and steals your kid's bike.

Ok, go ahead - bash me! But that is how I feel.

I'm right there with you. I agree 100%. There is no way we will ever get rid of ALL illegal immagrants. Get rid of the thugs first, then help the productive, law abiding illegals become citizens. After all, who will do the jobs most americans won't? let them pay taxes & buy their own insurance. I haven't walked in the shoes of a person living in Mexico, So I can't very well say that I wouldn't escape to America if I had to to provide a better life for my family. Illegal or not.

The only option at this point is to vote. Wisely.

The illegal immigration blame lies on both sides of the aisle.

The easiest way to get rid of the problem is to vote with your dollars. Don't buy from producers, stores or companies that use illegal labor. There are plenty of large, well-known food processing plants that truck people in from Mexico. Illegally. The government turns a blind eye to the companies and deports the labor, to which the companies just go and get more of.

• Like 1

She has been in the country long enough to go the LEGAL route to become a LEGAL citizen. No, she didn't ask to be brought here ILLEGALLY, but, she has chosen to REMAIN ILLEGAL while working towards one day becoming a LAWYER to enforce our LEGAL SYSTEM?? And, you don't see something "messed up" with that??? If she and/or her parents were actively working to become a LEGAL CITIZEN and not taking advantage of the system while be ILLEGAL, then, yes, I'd say it was a witch hunt = let the girl pay out of state tuition while CONTINUING to allow HER AND HER PARENTS to CONTINUE to work towards their citizenship.

I DO have a problem with the fact that neither she nor her parents have done a thing to work towards this goal.

She has been in the country long enough to go the LEGAL route to become a LEGAL citizen. No, she didn't ask to be brought here ILLEGALLY, but, she has chosen to REMAIN ILLEGAL while working towards one day becoming a LAWYER to enforce our LEGAL SYSTEM?? And, you don't see something "messed up" with that??? If she and/or her parents were actively working to become a LEGAL CITIZEN and not taking advantage of the system while be ILLEGAL, then, yes, I'd say it was a witch hunt = let the girl pay out of state tuition while CONTINUING to allow HER AND HER PARENTS to CONTINUE to work towards their citizenship.

I DO have a problem with the fact that neither she nor her parents have done a thing to work towards this goal.

Excellent post! Legal is legal and illegal is illegal - it actually should be quite simple. There are consequences for illegal actions and I personally would expect to suffer the consequences should I do something illegally as should this student, her family and anyone else in this country.

Can someone tell me why the black "leaders" are jumping to this girl's defense? Are they just without a cause now that the historical president has been elected?

I heard a black journalist on the GA Gang this morning say the Cobb County Sherrif was this week's biggest loser. WTS?

We have specific laws and guidelines for entering this country. Why do we continue to ignore them and allow such incidences to continue. Why are the laws not not enforced?

Yes there are but we've had administrations with different priorities around since the 70's.

We ignore the laws and allow such incidents to continue largely because there are powerful interests in the USA including those in the building industry, those in agriculture and food processing, and even landscaping, all of which benefited from the presence of illegal aliens. They benefit largely because they don't have to pay them minimum wage, they know they won't object to handling dangerous chemicals, do work without proper safety equipment. How do they know they won't object?

Because the way the system works they'll be deported before they tell their story.

We've all, more or less, been on board with turning a blind eye to the issue because we benefit through lower food prices, cheaper landscaping services and a host of other benefits. The government has been on board in part because as long as they get the social security and taxes withheld - knowing the illegals will never be able to collect social security and are afraid of filing for tax returns.

I think we all know how much power the 'payday' lenders have in our state legislatures and part and parcel of that business model is the cashing of checks for illegals (and the loaning to them of money at 100 percent 'plus' annual interest). The illegals, because they are subject to immediate deportation, are prized customers because ... well you can rip 'em off indiscriminately. So, do you think the predatory lending lobby won't be in the legislature saying, "I don't want you do anything ... really, I mean it, don't do anything about immigration."

Oh, and don't forget the transient farm workers. This roving band of agricultural labor has been an invading army since WWII. Agriculture has been and remains dependent on this army of farm workers who head all the way to Wisconsin and Minnesota to the old south each season. They were allowed in and you can bet those in the farm states were always lobbying for the availability of this labor. I know that politicians in the south were aware of the virtual revolution they'd have if they pressed for vigorous enforcement.

The point is that we have invited these folks in for decades. That a few stragglers stayed and built a life is a fact of life.

The question is, given their tacit invitation is it true justice to treat these folks as inferior beings with no rights to the life they've built here?

I think the question is not what Judge Scalia would do - I think we all know he'd kick'em out with out a moment of concern or regret. The real question is what would Jesus do?

I think he'd at least want us to question whether it is just that a child, educated here and nearing a college degree, be put in shackles and dropped in a foreign country that is notorious for its corruption.

Let me say that I think that we missed a real opportunity back in 2007 when we failed to resolve the immigration issue. As the near successful effort at that time established - including concessions to minimize (rather than maximize individual human suffering - justice is not served by arbitrary and across the board enforcement. One reason, of course, is the level of integration of many within the Hispanic community means that only by exceeding the authority of government - expanding the police powers of the government - could we do the project right.

pubby

Yes there are but we've had administrations with different priorities around since the 70's.

We ignore the laws and allow such incidents to continue largely because there are powerful interests in the USA including those in the building industry, those in agriculture and food processing, and even landscaping, all of which benefited from the presence of illegal aliens. They benefit largely because they don't have to pay them minimum wage, they know they won't object to handling dangerous chemicals, do work without proper safety equipment. How do they know they won't object?

Because the way the system works they'll be deported before they tell their story.

We've all, more or less, been on board with turning a blind eye to the issue because we benefit through lower food prices, cheaper landscaping services and a host of other benefits. The government has been on board in part because as long as they get the social security and taxes withheld - knowing the illegals will never be able to collect social security and are afraid of filing for tax returns.

I think we all know how much power the 'payday' lenders have in our state legislatures and part and parcel of that business model is the cashing of checks for illegals (and the loaning to them of money at 100 percent 'plus' annual interest). The illegals, because they are subject to immediate deportation, are prized customers because ... well you can rip 'em off indiscriminately. So, do you think the predatory lending lobby won't be in the legislature saying, "I don't want you do anything ... really, I mean it, don't do anything about immigration."

Oh, and don't forget the transient farm workers. This roving band of agricultural labor has been an invading army since WWII. Agriculture has been and remains dependent on this army of farm workers who head all the way to Wisconsin and Minnesota to the old south each season. They were allowed in and you can bet those in the farm states were always lobbying for the availability of this labor. I know that politicians in the south were aware of the virtual revolution they'd have if they pressed for vigorous enforcement.

The point is that we have invited these folks in for decades. That a few stragglers stayed and built a life is a fact of life.

The question is, given their tacit invitation is it true justice to treat these folks as inferior beings with no rights to the life they've built here?

I think the question is not what Judge Scalia would do - I think we all know he'd kick'em out with out a moment of concern or regret. The real question is what would Jesus do?

I think he'd at least want us to question whether it is just that a child, educated here and nearing a college degree, be put in shackles and dropped in a foreign country that is notorious for its corruption.

Let me say that I think that we missed a real opportunity back in 2007 when we failed to resolve the immigration issue. As the near successful effort at that time established - including concessions to minimize (rather than maximize individual human suffering - justice is not served by arbitrary and across the board enforcement. One reason, of course, is the level of integration of many within the Hispanic community means that only by exceeding the authority of government - expanding the police powers of the government - could we do the project right.

pubby

And don't think that deportation of illegals doesn't have a rather greedy lobby behind it too. Just ask what happens to their property.

The sad thing is that while the law is and can be enforced, the mere status violation of being a trespasser on public property

I agree with the first part of your post but not the last. WE did not give them an invitation to cross OUR borders and steal services that belong to legal citizens. They broke our laws and when you do that there is a price to pay. They have gained money and an education in most cases and they can take both and go home with them. I don't want the employers who exploit them to get off without paying either. They depend on the enablers to keep the argument going and they get to keep getting cheap labor. Send them home and close the borders and stop the circle.

I like the fact that she is illegally her and getting a law degree...

Talk about wrong and how can she get the bar to accept her is beyond me..

She said she is planning on attending law school - she is pursuing her undergrad degree at Kennesaw State. Kennesaw State does not have a law school nor has the Bar yet accepted her as she hasn't even gone to law school yet. Even if she did get accepted into law school, it doesn't mean she will pass the Bar.

Here's one question that I have:

How many LEGAL students cannot get into a KSU class because an ILLEGAL student has taken the spot?

I am currently trying to finish an Accounting degree. I only have 4 classes left and they are required, yet I cannot get into them because they are all full. It is frustrating to begin with because I felt that KSU over-enrolled regular students then I find out that there is one illegal student taxing the system. Led me to believe that there are more than just her there......

How many of them are taking my place in class?

Here's one question that I have:

How many LEGAL students cannot get into a KSU class because an ILLEGAL student has taken the spot?

I am currently trying to finish an Accounting degree. I only have 4 classes left and they are required, yet I cannot get into them because they are all full. It is frustrating to begin with because I felt that KSU over-enrolled regular students then I find out that there is one illegal student taxing the system. Led me to believe that there are more than just her there......

How many of them are taking my place in class?

There are a lot more.

I agree with the first part of your post but not the last. WE did not give them an invitation to cross OUR borders and steal services that belong to legal citizens. They broke our laws and when you do that there is a price to pay. They have gained money and an education in most cases and they can take both and go home with them. I don't want the employers who exploit them to get off without paying either. They depend on the enablers to keep the argument going and they get to keep getting cheap labor. Send them home and close the borders and stop the circle.

Yep, so we fine Archer Daniels Midland, Monsanto, Swift, etc. a trillion dollars each ... and they simply tack it on to the price of food and we pay the fine anyway.

The point is that we need to recognize that being punitive in this aspect is not going to be a winner for the people.

And, I think in the case of the illegals here who have created a good life, we should try to avoid being punitive. I mean, if we deport every one of them, then we will be moving people out into a society (Mexican) where their skills are not as likely to be well rewarded.

I think if we fine them and make it possible for them to stay, we will be ahead of the game in that productive people who have built a good life - and only those who have done so would even be eligible - would pay for the privilege. BTW: When we let a foreign corporation open a new factory here, we - for a fee obviously - let them bring in natives from their country and expedite the process.

I also want to bring up one aspect of the enormity of the problem. First, all totaled, we're looking 20 million or more folks. Some are marginal but there are some well educated, productive members of society that stand to lose 'their homes, their property and their lives ' literally their fortunes.

I think most of us know human nature well enough to know that really screwing 20 million people ... literally rounding them up and sending back across the border into a criminal-dominated society ... confiscating their fortunes ... is an act that is going to have some real ramifications... especially when this 20 million illegals have another 30 million 'legals' on this side of the border with whom they can hide.

I mean, ask the Israeli's how their turning a measly million Palestinians into homeless refugees back in 1948 is working out for them. Indeed, given there are fewer than 4 million Palestinians today and there are 44 million Hispanics living in America alone, ought to give us all pause. This is not something we should want to approach with, self-righteousness, cold heart and heavy hand.

That is not a good strategy.

pubby

I believe the law is very clear on the matter.

She ought to be deported immediately and the KSU officials arrested for aiding and abetting or being an accessory in the commission of a crime.

And if the Cobb County DA refuses to bring those charges then the Governor should step in and enforce the law (because we know our Attorney General won't left a finger).

Yep, so we fine Archer Daniels Midland, Monsanto, Swift, etc. a trillion dollars each ... and they simply tack it on to the price of food and we pay the fine anyway.

The point is that we need to recognize that being punitive in this aspect is not going to be a winner for the people.

And, I think in the case of the illegals here who have created a good life, we should try to avoid being punitive. I mean, if we deport every one of them, then we will be moving people out into a society (Mexican) where their skills are not as likely to be well rewarded.

I think if we fine them and make it possible for them to stay, we will be ahead of the game in that productive people who have built a good life - and only those who have done so would even be eligible - would pay for the privilege. BTW: When we let a foreign corporation open a new factory here, we - for a fee obviously - let them bring in natives from their country and expedite the process.

I also want to bring up one aspect of the enormity of the problem. First, all totaled, we're looking 20 million or more folks. Some are marginal but there are some well educated, productive members of society that stand to lose 'their homes, their property and their lives ' literally their fortunes.

I think most of us know human nature well enough to know that really screwing 20 million people ... literally rounding them up and sending back across the border into a criminal-dominated society ... confiscating their fortunes ... is an act that is going to have some real ramifications... especially when this 20 million illegals have another 30 million 'legals' on this side of the border with whom they can hide.

I mean, ask the Israeli's how their turning a measly million Palestinians into homeless refugees back in 1948 is working out for them. Indeed, given there are fewer than 4 million Palestinians today and there are 44 million Hispanics living in America alone, ought to give us all pause. This is not something we should want to approach with, self-righteousness, cold heart and heavy hand.

That is not a good strategy.

pubby