Paulding.com

Burnt Hickory Estates and Reids Plantation

So the break ins have spread to our neck of the woods...

Community Message has been issued by the Paulding County Sheriff's Office.

Thursday May 6, 2010 8:14 AM EDT

Entering Autos/Thefts have occurred near you. Visit nixle.com for details and to report tips.

The Paulding County Sheriff's Office is releasing information about recent crime activity near your address.

Five (5) vehicles were reported as entered Tuesday night with multiple items (i.e. elcectronics, firearms, GPS units, etc) taken from these vehicles. None of the vehicles had any signs of forced entry and are believed to have been left unlocked.

The areas that were targeted were Burnt Hickory Estates (off Hwy 61 N/Cartersville Hwy) and Reids Plantation (off of Ferguson Place).

The Paulding County Sheriff's Office is reminding everyone to lock your car doors at night to reduce your chance of becoming a victim. Also, remove all of your valuables from your vehilce.

If you have information to report that could help lead to an arrest in this crime/crime activity, please contact PCSO at 770-443-3015.

For full details, go to https://local.nixle.com/alert/2087203/.

Contact Information:

Cpl. Brandon Gurley

Public Information Office

770-443-3010 brandon.gurley@paulding.gov

Oh this is nothing new....3 yrs ago My hubbys truck & my car have been broken into on two different occasions. Nothing was ever missing from my car except a pair of Old Navy Flip Flops (wow), but hubby had his Smith & Wesson pistol stolen. The Sheriff's Office still has not recovered but htey do call about 2 times a year, wondering if we have any leads, or if we found it. There were several people's vehicles broken into around that time. The sheriffs did catch the young boys doing it, but I never heard what the outcome was, so I wonder if it is the same kids?

Over the weekend Powder Mill Subdivision and Twelve Oaks got hit. My nephew and his wife cars were broken into. They were locked.

So Twelve Oaks was hit again this past weekend? Mine and my sons's was broken into the night before Easter along with about 16 or so others.

Oh this is nothing new....3 yrs ago My hubbys truck & my car have been broken into on two different occasions. Nothing was ever missing from my car except a pair of Old Navy Flip Flops (wow), but hubby had his Smith & Wesson pistol stolen. The Sheriff's Office still has not recovered but htey do call about 2 times a year, wondering if we have any leads, or if we found it. There were several people's vehicles broken into around that time. The sheriffs did catch the young boys doing it, but I never heard what the outcome was, so I wonder if it is the same kids?

Do you live in BHE or Reids? I have lived in BHE for over 10 years and never had a problem.

Over the weekend Powder Mill Subdivision and Twelve Oaks got hit. My nephew and his wife cars were broken into. They were locked.

oh no. My dad lives in Twelve oaks. I better call and tell him to lock up, he's the worst about leaving things unlocked

oh no. My dad lives in Twelve oaks. I better call and tell him to lock up, he's the worst about leaving things unlocked

I am in Twelve Oaks and it is no longer just the cars that are being broken in to. A couple of weeks ago my neighbors called the police because someone was breaking into a foreclosed home on the other side of them. The police caught 3 boys in the act, age was approximately 13 years old and this was around 9:30 at night! I heard they were arrested, so I assume that means juvenile detention and facing a judge.

The thing is our street has always been pretty quiet the 12 years we have been here. Then about 2 weeks before Easter I caught an older teenage boy (15-19 I am guessing) coming out from behind our 16x20 storage building at 2:30am after two of his friends had run off. I am thinking that our motion flood lights scared them off but he hid instead of running with the others. Next time I will call the police instead of warning him they could get shot or dog bitten.