Paulding.com

Green Eyed Girl

Welcome to P.Com Good to see that word is getting around that P.Com is the place for politics in Paulding County.

Such a shame that More candidates choose not to participate in these forums.

I have nothing against women running for office, And would not hestiate to vote for a woman, Case in point Karen Handel seems to be the most qualified candidate in the Republican field for Governor.

I do not agree that we should overlook the past 13 years of Beverly's employment. It certaintly has a bearing on her ability to focus on the needs of the Citizens of Paulding County.

Just so you know,Some one gave you some bad information That Todd was on the "LIST" and remained silent. Fact is there was no list at that meeting, It was a Public Hearing open to the public with no need to put one;s name on any list prior to speaking.

I was at the meeting and planned on speaking my self, But other spoke about the same things that I going to speak about, And I saw no need of being Redundant.

Did Beverly attend this meeting? Did she remain silent? Fact is while she was the Executive Adminstrator she was on the podium for most all of the tax increases proposed by the previous adminstration.Furthermore she was not in attendance at the meeting where Adam spoke, Further proof that Beverly could care less about the tax increases being imposed on the citizens of Paulding County.

No further proof of anything but your own opinion. Try again, Whitey. 8)

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So does this mean you will keep your whining to yourself about your lawsuit? Sure hope so.

First off I am not endorsing anyone in this commissioners race, Secondly if posting what I know about any candidate in any of the races make me a "mean, grumpy old man" Then so be it, I can accept tha

No one has said anything about your right to fight back, they are just tired of reading about it 2 or 3 times a day here. This is not the place to air your legal rights and I would bet if it ever goes

Wow. Just Wow. I too am new here like the person a few posts up. I heard about this site yesterday as a good place to get information that helps people?????

I didn't think women were allowed to be part of Good Ole Boys?

I saw earlier post about staying silent during a tax increase issue. During this year's millage rate increase debacle, Adam spoke against this at the commissioner meeting.

Todd was on the list of approved to voice opposition but stayed silent. Does staying silent mean that he too didn't do what was best for this county? Isn't this what was the lady was accused of in an event that occured last year? If so we're running out of candidates.

Shouldn't we give the lady her chance? Or is this all something more against women in office or something?

I heard from some that attended the builders association meeting this week that a candidate mentioned a bible verse in closing - that encouraged the MEN (apologies made to women in the room that day) to remember that they are to be the leaders "of the household".

Come on folks, this is 2010. Give everyone a fair shot based on their credentials, not ex-employers.

Welcome to Pcom! :drinks:

Listen to what you read here with a grain of salt in most cases. As you probably already understand, there are a few here that will always bash the others who think different then them. Just remember you are in a battle of wits with an un-armed person! :rofl:

Every election year we have to go thru this, again and again! I expect it will never stop. They back someone who gets in office and then their person realizes they have rules to follow. This makes a few people mad because they did not get what they wanted. I highly recommend to not feed the trolls!

Welcome to Pcom! :drinks:

Listen to what you read here with a grain of salt in most cases. As you probably already understand, there are a few here that will always bash the others who think different then them. Just remember you are in a battle of wits with an un-armed person! :rofl:

Every election year we have to go thru this, again and again! I expect it will never stop. They back someone who gets in office and then their person realizes they have rules to follow. This makes a few people mad because they did not get what they wanted. I highly recommend to not feed the trolls!

Yeah, you and Ithy are so much more intelligent than those of us that have the gonads to speak out about these buddies of yours.

If what we are saying is totally "unfounded", then why did 79% of the county agree with us when they put your buddy Jerry in the wind?

Oh wait, you and Ithy are smarter than 79% of the county, right? Yeah, keep trying to baffle 'em with bullsh*t pal, I don't think you can fool any of the people ANY of the time.

We cut the snake's head off but it seems that some are trying to re-attach it.

• Like 1

And I am sure the Board of Commissioners is ALSO very tired of living it - goes both ways you know. :rolleyes:

It is not so much that things go both ways, Beach Bum, but that there is a place to resolve disputes and that is court.

It is obvious from the record that one side is simply seeks to avoid court and is willing to use every tool at their disposal, including the deep pockets of the taxpayer, to avoid court.

There is an old saying that I'm sure you've heard. It goes like this. Justice delayed is justice denied.

pubby

It is not so much that things go both ways, Beach Bum, but that there is a place to resolve disputes and that is court.

It is obvious from the record that one side is simply seeks to avoid court and is willing to use every tool at their disposal, including the deep pockets of the taxpayer, to avoid court.

There is an old saying that I'm sure you've heard. It goes like this. Justice delayed is justice denied.

pubby

Or just maybe the county doesn't think the case has merit and is protecting the tax payers. pardon.gif Just because you bring a lawsuit doesn't mean you are right.

Or just maybe the county doesn't think the case has merit and is protecting the tax payers. pardon.gif Just because you bring a lawsuit doesn't mean you are right.

Bullcheeze, If Jerry thought the suit had no merit, he would have rushed to court to get a favorable ruling and be done with it.

Bullcheeze, If Jerry thought the suit had no merit, he would have rushed to court to get a favorable ruling and be done with it.

McDonald's thought that hot coffee incident had no merit. Look how that turned out.

Yeah, you and Ithy are so much more intelligent than those of us that have the gonads to speak out about these buddies of yours.

If what we are saying is totally "unfounded", then why did 79% of the county agree with us when they put your buddy Jerry in the wind?

Oh wait, you and Ithy are smarter than 79% of the county, right? Yeah, keep trying to baffle 'em with bullsh*t pal, I don't think you can fool any of the people ANY of the time.

We cut the snake's head off but it seems that some are trying to re-attach it.

I don't remember speaking to you or about you. So no need to get an attitude. But since you jumped in the middle of this, and since you say you have gonads....run for office and fix all these issues you keep complaining about! Oh wait, them gonads arn't as big as you say they are?

As usual, you are twisting things around to make you feel better!

pubby

Need I say more? Your quote, not mine.

I don't remember speaking to you or about you. So no need to get an attitude. But since you jumped in the middle of this, and since you say you have gonads....run for office and fix all these issues you keep complaining about! Oh wait, them gonads arn't as big as you say they are?

As usual, you are twisting things around to make you feel better!

Need I say more? Your quote, not mine.

How do you know that I'm not? ;)

Oh you can bet Jerry and the two remaining are protecting taxpayers. Probably about a dozen taxpayers to be specific.

Believe me, your attitude toward this type of lawsuit will change if you ever have to fight a government entity for what is rightfully yours. Juries are to decide the merit of a lawsuit, not a po-dunk county board of commissioners.

Oh you can bet Jerry and the two remaining are protecting taxpayers. Probably about a dozen taxpayers to be specific.

Believe me, your attitude toward this type of lawsuit will change if you ever have to fight a government entity for what is rightfully yours. Juries are to decide the merit of a lawsuit, not a po-dunk county board of commissioners.

Been there done that. Against the now defunct Colony Homes, that came back as a while as K&B.

GOP rules.... Whitey, Surepip, and Feelip did this before with a major bs smear campaign with Jerry and wouldn't surprise me if they do it again with Beverly. For them, it is personal(has nothing to do with what she can do for Post 2 in a positive way, let alone know her well enough) and to attack her is correctly absurd.

Neither of them will give anyone a chance if they came from the previous board as you say, guilt by association is what they are playing on.

GOP rules.... Whitey, Surepip, and Feelip did this before with a major bs smear campaign with Jerry and wouldn't surprise me if they do it again with Beverly. For them, it is personal(has nothing to do with what she can do for Post 2 in a positive way, let alone know her well enough) and to attack her is correctly absurd.

Neither of them will give anyone a chance if they came from the previous board as you say, guilt by association is what they are playing on.

You know if I disliked this county as some people do, I would move.. How long have you bee here?

Yeah, why should anyone whine about $400,000 pissed away by us, and another $1,000,000+ by the county in lawsuits trying to protect your land and home. And the BOC lawyer even commented in his arguments at the last hearing how any homeowner should be able and willing to spend $500,000 to litigate their elected representatives.

Tax payer waste of money, and a much bigger tax payer waste of money when we win.

Yes I think everybody on here knows all about it, and don't have to be reminded every day or two.

You know if I disliked this county as some people do, I would move.. How long have you bee here?

I don't think of how long I have been here has anything to do with any of this.

Never said I disliked this county...where did you get that from?

I don't think of how long I have been here has anything to do with any of this.

Never said I disliked this county...where did you get that from?

Sorry did not mean that for you. It was for the three that seem to hate this county. I think it is pretty wonderful. I have

been here a long time, and I have seen a lot of people move here.

Sorry did not mean that for you. It was for the three that seem to hate this county. I think it is pretty wonderful. I have

been here a long time, and I have seen a lot of people moveou here.

If I am one of.the three I can assure you that I don't hate this county. I have been here longer than most. My family was actually squatters in the lost mountain area.

The elected officials that were in charge before the last.election were self-serving, arrogant and some.think corrupt.

Since these same politicians gave the local Republican party a fat bank account, they seem to overlook a lot of the shortcomings.

Going.to hear lipservice from the candidates is worthless. These are local people. Find someone you can trust and ask them for an opinion.

If I am one of.the three I can assure you that I don't hate this county. I have been here longer than most. My family was actually squatters in the lost mountain area.

The elected officials that were in charge before the last.election were self-serving, arrogant and some.think corrupt.

Since these same politicians gave the local Republican party a fat bank account, they seem to overlook a lot of the shortcomings.

Going.to hear lipservice from the candidates is worthless. These are local people. Find someone you can trust and ask them for an opinion.

:rolleyes:

Okay, I thought so and yes, I love this county and that is why I am here and a member of the GOP, Consertavive Republican to be exact, who is the majority in this county.We are not perfect but it beats the other side.

Edited by PraiseThee

BMR If you are speaking of me, I have been in this county long enough to remember the only red light in the County was at the old court house. I love this County and the citizens that are in this county.

I have no intentions of moving just because you Ithy,Bb do not like my political stance on the Post 2 commissioners race.

Support who you like, And i will support who I like. I do not dislike this County, And will do everything within my power to see that the GOOD OLE BOY network never controls this County again.

Statements that you have just made is straight out of the good ole boys playbook, Shame on you :D

BMR If you are speaking of me, I have been in this county long enough to remember the only red light in the County was at the old court house. I love this County and the citizens that are in this county.

I have no intentions of moving just because you Ithy,Bb do not like my political stance on the Post 2 commissioners race.

Support who you like, And i will support who I like. I do not dislike this County, And will do everything within my power to see that the GOOD OLE BOY network never controls this County again.

Statements that you have just made is straight out of the good ole boys playbook, Shame on you :D

Even to the point of false accusations eh? <_<

Statements that you have just made is straight out of the good ole boys playbook, Shame on you :D' />

Thank you.

I wish more would stop to consider we did every thing with the law to defend out property corners, with all of the "Powers that Be" working against us. We filed suit when Ben Skipper from Community Development told us they were taking back our buffer because of the new stream ordinance laws and if we did not like it then we should hire an attorney......which is what we did.'

How many of you would fight to defend what you bought and paid for only to see the developers take it away from you?

And we are still paying taxes on the land they took from us no less !!!

:rolleyes:

Okay, I thought so and yes, I love this county and that is why I am here and a member of the GOP, Consertavive Republican to be exact, who is the majority in this county.We are not perfect but it beats the other side.

pt Don't forget to tell BMR That the Conservative Republican party here in Paulding Recently elected a candidate who admited to having a Realtionship with his mother in law, To replace a representive who resigned from the Spaeker of the House and District 19 House of Representive in disgrace :clapping: :clapping: or, you changed your signature that proclaimed your leadership in the Local Republican Party, And even changed your avatar :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

pt Don't forget to tell BMR That the Conservative Republican party here in Paulding Recently elected a candidate who admited to having a Realtionship with his mother in law, To replace a representive who resigned from the Spaeker of the House and District 19 House of Representive in disgrace clapping.gif clapping.gif or, you changed your signature that proclaimed your leadership in the Local Republican Party, And even changed your avatar clapping.gif clapping.gif clapping.gif

Be careful Whitey. You might just have to start naming names here. Just who do you think makes up that Party anyway.

I would be willing to bet that you are wrong in most of your assumptions.

• Like 1

Be careful Whitey. You might just have to start naming names here. Just who do you think makes up that Party anyway.

I would be willing to bet that you are wrong in most of your assumptions.

Well the first two statements are a matter of record Mr Stout openly admitted an affair and Mr Richardson did in fact resign in Disgrace, Another fact is PT avatar used to be Ithy Right?

Is was he not A prescent Captain for the Republican Party?

pt Don't forget to tell BMR That the Conservative Republican party here in Paulding Recently elected a candidate who admited to having a Realtionship with his mother in law, To replace a representive who resigned from the Spaeker of the House and District 19 House of Representive in disgrace :clapping: :clapping: or, you changed your signature that proclaimed your leadership in the Local Republican Party, And even changed your avatar :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

See just as I stated, false accusations of something you know nothing about and spreading a false accusation. The local GOP did NOT elect Rep. Stout. <_<

Second, yep, I am the 6th(used to be 2nd) district rep. I do not hide that fact and will never hide that fact and obviously you don't even know what the position means. :rolleyes:

Do you remember when it was still dirt road, where Kmart and Walmart is now?

You don't have to tell me anything, I know what goes on in this county...........................

Well the first two statements are a matter of record Mr Stout openly admitted an affair and Mr Richardson did in fact resign in Disgrace, Another fact is PT avatar used to be Ithy Right?

Is was he not A prescent Captain for the Republican Party?

I was not speaking of Mr, Stout at all. I was speaking of your assumption that the local Party elected him and supported his candidacy. They provide a platform, or try to, from which all candidates may get their message out. You may have to name those folks if you are determined to make this accusation. I think if you go back to the discussion about that issue it was pointed out that the Party has little control over who runs on their ticket if the candidate signs the oath.

Just for the record. A person can run on for office on the Republican ticket without being a member of the local GOP or ever attending a meeting.

Thank you. you are correct.good.gif

<br /><br /><br />

Thank you.

I wish more would stop to consider we did every thing with the law to defend out property corners, with all of the "Powers that Be" working against us. We filed suit when Ben Skipper from Community Development told us they were taking back our buffer because of the new stream ordinance laws and if we did not like it then we should hire an attorney......which is what we did.'

How many of you would fight to defend what you bought and paid for only to see the developers take it away from you?

And we are still paying taxes on the land they took from us no less !!!

No one has said anything about your right to fight back, they are just tired of reading about it 2 or 3 times a day here. This is not the place to air your legal rights and I would bet if it ever goes to a jury trial, you have already corrupted the jury pool.....or is that your plan? To force a jury trial outside this County? Good luck with that!

• Like 2

Just for the record. A person can run on for office on the Republican ticket without being a member of the local GOP or ever attending a meeting.

As of a week ago last Monday, they had to sign an oath of allegiance to the GOP to qualify for statewide office.

<br /><br /><br />

As of a week ago last Monday, they had to sign an oath of allegiance to the GOP to qualify for statewide office.

True. And also true that they don't have to be a dues paying member. Bottom line is that counties like ours you have many moderate democrats running as republicans because they would't stand a chance otherwise.

No one has said anything about your right to fight back, they are just tired of reading about it 2 or 3 times a day here. This is not the place to air your legal rights and I would bet if it ever goes to a jury trial, you have already corrupted the jury pool.....or is that your plan? To force a jury trial outside this County? Good luck with that!

My exact thoughts. I know I wouldn't be a very sympathetic member of any jury.

• Like 1

Maybe Beverly is a student of King Jerry, maybe not. I heard an interesting conversation the other day about Pownall also- One gentleman said that Pownall was Van Westbrook's business partner and worked on his campaign when Van was running against KJ. Then that he was Austin's campaign manager when Austin was running against KJ. If that was the case then I don't exactly think the Pownall was 'standing up the people' when he was supposedly taking on KJ. Would have been what PT Barnum would have called a shill. Another good example of smoke and mirrors.

Seems that few things in politics are really what they seem- and very disheartening. Just who is running this county and why? Makes me doubt any of them. Maybe the best candidate is the one with the cleanest track record and as few ties to anyone else currently in or formerly in office. Do any of our current candidates fit the bill or are all these folks simply rebranding and reselling themselves as something new and improved?