Paulding.com

OK, as some of you know, we have pending litigation against the Board of Commissioners, Contour Development Inc., and its president Mickey Womble which go back now 4 years, to May of 2006. Primary basis for the suits is Zoning Fraud.

We are currently waiting for a rulling from Judge Beavers on a motion on which we had oral arguments March 17th,

The Board of Commissioners have now spend in excess of $1,000,000 litigating our suits

Yes, more than $1 MILLION of Paulding County Tax payer money, primarily to keep us from getting into a courthroom with a trial.

Several months after David Austin took office we met with him and offered to sit down with the BOC and negotiate a settlement with their part of the suit.

We were informed several weeks later only 2 of the 5 commissioners would agree to negotiating.

At that time the total spent was $749,000 and change. Since then another $250,000+ has been spent.

Note: We WOULD HAVE been willing to settle for far, far less than the amount spent by the BOC to Holland & Knight/Kieth Wiener in Atlabta. Key word there now is WOULD HAVE. Now we want to go in front of a jury and let them decide how much.

So, I have a question for our candidates running for the BOC in the 3 Post Seats open in the July Election:

Would you agree and support litigating a citizen to the tune of $1Million+ to protect a developer and some of the county offices [PDOT, Community Development, Country Attorney, Water Department, and the BOC itself] from having to face this citizen and his family in a courtroom trial and refuse to even attempt to negotiate a settlement ?

How say 'ye ?

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So does this mean you will keep your whining to yourself about your lawsuit? Sure hope so.

First off I am not endorsing anyone in this commissioners race, Secondly if posting what I know about any candidate in any of the races make me a "mean, grumpy old man" Then so be it, I can accept tha

No one has said anything about your right to fight back, they are just tired of reading about it 2 or 3 times a day here. This is not the place to air your legal rights and I would bet if it ever goes

I like Mr. Todd Pownall. He's a great guy who's been really involved with the community for many years. He'll always listen and make good decisions based on the facts.

There's no way I'd vote for Beverly Cochran, as she was one of the underlings backed by former commissioner Jerry Shearin who got booted out of office.

I know absolutely nothing about any of the other candidates.

I like Mr. Todd Pownall. He's a great guy who's been really involved with the community for many years. He'll always listen and make good decisions based on the facts.

There's no way I'd vote for Beverly Cochran, as she was one of the underlings backed by former commissioner Jerry Shearin who got booted out of office.

You think Beverly might want to carry on King Jerry's agenda ? Noooooooooooo!!!!!!

Remember the circus guy's comment about fooling people.

Might just as well vote King Jerry back in, but that is only my humble opinion, and it is worth just what you paid for it.

I would like to hear what Beverly has to say in regards to my question above ? Would she support paying out over $1million dollars to keep a citizen of Paulding from obtaining their day in court against the BOC in a suit like ours ?

I am willing to wager there will be no reply from her in this thread .... but I would loved to be proved wrong and hear what she has to say.

King Jerry is who decided to push this litigation instead of trying to compromise and settle. At what point is it throwing good money after bad ?

To me, $1million+ is one hell of a lot of money to spend protecting county agencies which just might have screwed up, and for protecting a private developer using county money, much of which goes back to the incumbant characters as political donations.

Your thoughts ?

You think Beverly might want to carry on King Jerry's agenda ? Noooooooooooo!!!!!!

Remember the circus guy's comment about fooling people.

Might just as well vote King Jerry back in, but that is only my humble opinion, and it is worth just what you paid for it.

I would like to hear what Beverly has to say in regards to my question above ? Would she support paying out over $1million dollars to keep a citizen of Paulding from obtaining their day in court against the BOC in a suit like ours ?

I am willing to wager there will be no reply from her in this thread .... but I would loved to be proved wrong and hear what she has to say.

King Jerry is who decided to push this litigation instead of trying to compromise and settle. At what point is it throwing good money after bad ?

To me, $1million+ is one hell of a lot of money to spend protecting county agencies which just might have screwed up, and for protecting a private developer using county money, much of which goes back to the incumbant characters as political donations.

Your thoughts ?

I don't know what the hell you are talking about. But to be fair, post all of the information. There are a lot of reasons to keep a suit going.

Now you know no one is going to comment in an open public forum about an active law suite. No need to keep baiting them, it's not going to happen!

Plus, even if they were inclined to comment I don't think any of them have enough information to make a call or commitment one way or the other.

I guess that is one way to get votes. Just link the former Chairman to someone and you think they will be toast. Good for your guy huh? I want to see this race run on the merits of the candidates not on someone trying to trash them because of a job they once held. Did they do the job well and did they work for others in that same position?

Now you know no one is going to comment in an open public forum about an active law suite. No need to keep baiting them, it's not going to happen!

I have no problem commenting on it in a public forum, SUREPIP SHOULD HAVE HIS DAY IN COURT AND HAVE HIS PEER'S MAKE THE DECISION ON THE VALADITY OF HIS LAW SUIT ASAP And quit wasting taxpayers dollars by delaying his day in court

I guess that is one way to get votes. Just link the former Chairman to someone and you think they will be toast. Good for your guy huh? I want to see this race run on the merits of the candidates not on someone trying to trash them because of a job they once held. Did they do the job well and did they work for others in that same position?

I hope Beverly Cochran does run on the job that she performed as Adminstrative Assistant to Jerry Shearin.

Question........ Did Beverly speak up when the adminstration attempted to delay the tax increase until after the primary election??? oh, of course i know that answer, She did not have any knowledge of it right???????

I hope Beverly Cochran does run on the job that she performed as Adminstrative Assistant to Jerry Shearin.

Question........ Did Beverly speak up when the adminstration attempted to delay the tax increase until after the primary election??? oh, of course i know that answer, She did not have any knowledge of it right???????

I have no clue. I think that is a question for her to answer. She is not Jerry Shearin and should not be trashed because she worked a job for the county. I sure do hope this race is not going to be about the candidates who are long gone. I just had a few words with someone else about a past race for the BOE. I think these candidates, all of them, should be judged on their own merits and not on those of some one else. I would say the same if Mr Pownall worked for the county and got trashed because he worked there at the same time Jerry was there.

I have no clue. I think that is a question for her to answer. She is not Jerry Shearin and should not be trashed because she worked a job for the county. I sure do hope this race is not going to be about the candidates who are long gone. I just had a few words with someone else about a past race for the BOE. I think these candidates, all of them, should be judged on their own merits and not on those of some one else. I would say the same if Mr Pownall worked for the county and got trashed because he worked there at the same time Jerry was there.

I have a problem with her not speaking up about the proposed delayed tax increase,that was exposed by Todd Pownall,At a BOC meeting. This certaintly fell into her responsibilty and knowledge as an Adminstrative Assistant to the BOC, Sure she was a County employee and her salary was paid for by our tax dollars She worked for all the citizens of Paulding County, Not for Jerry Shearin and the other County Commissioners who desired to keep this from the general public.

Maybe Beverly will come onto P.Com and explain her involvement??? I am not trashing Beverly for working for the County under the Jerry Shearin regime, I AM SIMPLY POINTING OUT HER INVOLVEMENT IN THE DECEPTION OF THE TAX SCHEME :angry:

I have a problem with her not speaking up about the proposed delayed tax increase,that was exposed by Todd Pownall,At a BOC meeting. This certaintly fell into her responsibilty and knowledge as an Adminstrative Assistant to the BOC, Sure she was a County employee and her salary was paid for by our tax dollars She worked for all the citizens of Paulding County, Not for Jerry Shearin and the other County Commissioners who desired to keep this from the general public.

Maybe Beverly will come onto P.Com and explain her involvement??? I am not trashing Beverly for working for the County under the Jerry Shearin regime, I AM SIMPLY POINTING OUT HER INVOLVEMENT IN THE DECEPTION OF THE TAX SCHEME mad.gif

You do not have any proof of that do you? I take it you are supporting Mr. Pownall.

One has to ask how many employees bluntly tell their boss what they think.

On the other hand one can ask how they felt about how things were done, and expect an honest answer.

I will give a very honest answer, never having known Jerry Shearin personally or had a lot of details about the BOC, as a new business owner in the county the growth was great!

The devil may be in the details now.

This is not pro or con just retrospect.

You do not have any proof of that do you? I take it you are supporting Mr. Pownall.

Ask Beverly if I have the proof??

Mr Pownall is not in my post, Therefore I do not have a vote in this race.Furthermore there are three candidates in this race

I have had some dealings with Beverly, And to be quite honest with you some were not very plesant for me.

having said that Beverly appears to be a very nice person. The citizens in Post 2 have the opportunity to judge her merits to become a commissioner. Which wil in all probability will include her tenure with the past adminstration

Mr Pownall is not in my post, Therefore I do not have a vote in this race.Furthermore there are three candidates in this race

I have had some dealings with Beverly, And to be quite honest with you some were not very plesant for me.

having said that Beverly appears to be a very nice person. The citizens in Post 2 have the opportunity to judge her merits to become a commissioner. Which wil in all probability will include her tenure with the past adminstration

I don't get to vote in this one. My vote will be in the Tommie Graham/ Vernon Collett race. The only interest I have here is my desire to see the best candidate elected for the good of the county. This is my home so I will be paying attention. I want to see the candidates judged on their abilities and not on someone else's. I don't want any of them to be yes men to anyone period!

I'm looking into Todd and what he can bring to the table. He has great character qualities and that is a good place to start.

I've had the pleasure of meeting Ms. Cochran. I don't really have a dog in this fight, it's not my post. I just wanted you to know that despite what you may be reading here, Ms. Cochran seems like a very nice and capable woman. She's available on Facebook, and I know she'll respond there.

Any evidence of that or are you shooting off with the mouth with zero substance? :rolleyes:

Maybe Beverly will come onto P.Com and explain her involvement??? I am not trashing Beverly for working for the County under the Jerry Shearin regime, I AM SIMPLY POINTING OUT HER INVOLVEMENT IN THE DECEPTION OF THE TAX SCHEME :angry:

Back it up Whitey. :rolleyes:

If you have no proof other than to work on destroying someone elses character, then what you say means little. :wacko:

Any evidence of that or are you shooting off with the mouth with zero substance? :rolleyes:

Back it up Whitey. :rolleyes:

If you have no proof other than to work on destroying someone elses character, then what you say means little. :wacko:

I am not trying to destroy anyones character simply pointing out the past Facts of Beverly Cochran.

However if Beverly should choose to enter the fray here on P.com I would be very eager to discuss the entire episode with her :D

I previously stated that Beverly appeared to be a very nice person, I stand by that statement, BUT.....She had the opportunity to stand up for the tax payers and failed to do so.

This is by no means an assination of her character. Just the facts :D

I am not trying to destroy anyones character simply pointing out the past Facts of Beverly Cochran.

However if Beverly should choose to enter the fray here on P.com I would be very eager to discuss the entire episode with her :D

I previously stated that Beverly appeared to be a very nice person, I stand by that statement, BUT.....She had the opportunity to stand up for the tax payers and failed to do so.

This is by no means an assination of her character. Just the facts :D

I wasn't aware she was an elected offical to stand up for anything. :rolleyes:

It also still applies that it is your opinion and not a basis of fact.

Edited by PraiseThee

Its all on the video of the BOC meeting where Todd Pownall directly asked Jerry Shearin about the email from Pat Crook discussing having Richardson office attempt to get an exemption form the state revenue department so the BOC would not have to hold special meetings to discuss the proposed bond payment increase. Shearin and company sat there and denied knowing anything about it. And Beverly was sitting right there with the BOC not saying a thing to the contrary.

If you want to put Jerry back on the BOC then elect Beverly.

I feel like appointed officials paid with my/our Tax dollars should be standing up for the citizens of Paulding County in all matters that affect us.

Sorry that you do not share that same idealogy :rolleyes:

Its all on the video of the BOC meeting where Todd Pownall directly asked Jerry Shearin about the email from Pat Crook discussing having Richardson office attempt to get an exemption form the state revenue department so the BOC would not have to hold special meetings to discuss the proposed bond payment increase. Shearin and company sat there and denied knowing anything about it. And Beverly was sitting right there with the BOC not saying a thing to the contrary.

Was she personally asked to answer that question? Is it normal for an employee to speak over others who are considered the "Elected Officials", and who are in charge, in answering questions during a meeting like that?

That is unfair! She was an employee and they are supposed to work for the County not a person. It would have been the same difference if she was in the employ of the County under a different BOC. You said yourself that Jerry Shearin was asked the question and she had no right to speak at that meeting unless SHE was asked to. I want to see fair elections in this County and Todd may be the very best one running but I want folks to look at the candidates for what THEY bring to the table. Not because they once worked for somebody who is unpopular with you and others.

If any of you realistically think that your average civil service county employee is going to do something that will most likely get them fired just to "protect" the citizens from something like this which is a complex government fiscal issue that most probably don't understand fully, you aren't being realistic.

Most county workers are just like you and me, working and doing their jobs to feed their families, not participating in grand schemes to get one over on the taxpayers.

-PM

• Like 1

When the commission chairman and his assistants conspire to keep the public in the dark concerning a back door tax increase, and sit on the Dais and lie about it I happen to think it is wrong. Had Beverly leaned over and showed Jerry her copy of the leeked email at least she would have had some sense of doing the right thing.

When queried directly, Pat Crook at least admitted she did indeed sent the infamous email message to King Jerry and the other commissioners.

Add to the conspiracy that they requested Richardson to use his "Clout" to arm twist the DOR to give Paulding an exemption from publicly publishing the bond tax increase notice, which he indeed tried to do, just makes it all that more unsettling. And Beverly was right in the middle of all of it. By not going public she helped try to keep the secrets.

If you want King Jerry's persona and presence back on the BOC then by all means support his protege. That is your right and priveledge.

Was she personally asked to answer that question? Is it normal for an employee to speak over others who are considered the "Elected Officials", and who are in charge, in answering questions during a meeting like that?

Thank you! :good:

OK, as some of you know, we have pending litigation against the Board of Commissioners, Contour Development Inc., and its president Mickey Womble which go back now 4 years, to May of 2006. Primary basis for the suits is Zoning Fraud.

We are currently waiting for a rulling from Judge Beavers on a motion on which we had oral arguments March 17th,

The Board of Commissioners have now spend in excess of $1,000,000 litigating our suits

Yes, more than $1 MILLION of Paulding County Tax payer money, primarily to keep us from getting into a courthroom with a trial.

Several months after David Austin took office we met with him and offered to sit down with the BOC and negotiate a settlement with their part of the suit.

We were informed several weeks later only 2 of the 5 commissioners would agree to negotiating.

At that time the total spent was $749,000 and change. Since then another $250,000+ has been spent.

Note: We WOULD HAVE been willing to settle for far, far less than the amount spent by the BOC to Holland & Knight/Kieth Wiener in Atlabta. Key word there now is WOULD HAVE. Now we want to go in front of a jury and let them decide how much.

So, I have a question for our candidates running for the BOC in the 3 Post Seats open in the July Election:

Would you agree and support litigating a citizen to the tune of $1Million+ to protect a developer and some of the county offices [PDOT, Community Development, Country Attorney, Water Department, and the BOC itself] from having to face this citizen and his family in a courtroom trial and refuse to even attempt to negotiate a settlement ?

How say 'ye ?

I would be VERY surprised if any candidate responded to this, they would be opening a can of worms and exacting their opinions on something where they do not know all of the details.

Good luck with your day in court.

Todd was able to FORCE Shearin to engage in an argument instead of the usual rolling his eyes and smirking at the other commissioners like the lowly citizen that was speaking was far less intelligent. And once Shearin engaged, it didn't take long to see why Shearin didn't debate with any of the citizens in the past (or why he didn't go to law school). I loved it.

My take? Anyone that was associated with the Shearin regime or the School Bond double jeopardy act will NEVER get my vote and I will work against them tooth and nail to keep them out of office.

Todd was able to FORCE Shearin to engage in an argument instead of the usual rolling his eyes and smirking at the other commissioners like the lowly citizen that was speaking was far less intelligent. And once Shearin engaged, it didn't take long to see why Shearin didn't debate with any of the citizens in the past (or why he didn't go to law school). I loved it.

My take? Anyone that was associated with the Shearin regime or the School Bond double jeopardy act will NEVER get my vote and I will work against them tooth and nail to keep them out of office.

Imagine that. :rolleyes:

I would be VERY surprised if any candidate responded to this, they would be opening a can of worms and exacting their opinions on something where they do not know all of the details.

Good luck with your day in court.

They don't have to necessarily make comments on MY case.

The issue I asked to be addressed is whether they would go along with spending over $1Million Dollars of tax payer money to try to prevent a citizen from obtaining their day in court ? And refusing to even consider sitting down with them and attempting to negotiate a settlement.

Our case has reached the stage now that we really no longer care to negotiate with them. We want a jury to decide instead.

My sentiments exactly. And that includes several current candidates, not just Beverly.

When the commission chairman and his assistants conspire to keep the public in the dark concerning a back door tax increase, and sit on the Dais and lie about it I happen to think it is wrong. Had Beverly leaned over and showed Jerry her copy of the leeked email at least she would have had some sense of doing the right thing.

When queried directly, Pat Crook at least admitted she did indeed sent the infamous email message to King Jerry and the other commissioners.

Add to the conspiracy that they requested Richardson to use his "Clout" to arm twist the DOR to give Paulding an exemption from publicly publishing the bond tax increase notice, which he indeed tried to do, just makes it all that more unsettling. And Beverly was right in the middle of all of it. By not going public she helped try to keep the secrets.

If you want King Jerry's persona and presence back on the BOC then by all means support his protege. That is your right and priveledge.

By not going public she showed she has a sense of what her responsibilities were and knew what her role was. Who would want to hire someone who did not. Sounds to me like she was damned if she did and damned is she didn't! Wow! What a position to be pushed into.