Paulding.com

Within the next TWO weeks....another mower donation

Like I did with "Old Smokey" a year ago, I am going to donate possibly 2 push mowers, so I am putting up this thread so you folks can give me some input on who could benefit most from them. Most times, it's gonna be a hard working single mom with kids old enough to cut the grass, while mom is out trying to make a living. I have two standard push mowers. They appear to be in good enough shape to rebuild and donate to someone who could really use one.

So, you guys work with me on here, and let's try to direct these to someone who REALLY needs them. Yall did a great job last year, and as far as I know, she's still got it and it's still humming away. Nothing fancy, but when you've got a yard full of grass and no mower, and no money to buy even a dirt cheap mower, it's a good thing to be able to help someone out with that. I would like to have the first one ready to roll by the end of this week, and then the other by the following week. (I have to build these after hours, so it doesn't hold any of my customers up on getting theirs back, of course. ;))

So, post away, and let's see if we can come up with a majority vote for someone. I trust the integrity of a lot of you, so this is the best way for me to find someone who could really get some use out of it, and simply can't afford to buy one. :)

Does it have to be someone on p.com?

Yes, I would say so, since this is a common ground for us. I've no doubt that we ALL know people who could use the help, but I choose to narrow it down to within pcom, as ideas pop up, other pcommers may know the person, and there would be more agreement among more people, as to who might benefit the best from it. Last time I done this, it didn't take long for several pcommers to agree on a single person. This makes me feel a little better, knowing that a number of you know someone who could use it, and the name gets repeated a few times. For the sake of the recipient's integrity, PM's are also welcome. And over the next week, I will simply tally up the names. I will then let that person know in PM first. If they want to be known out in the open, then that will be up to them. ;)

Subby, you have have a heart made of gold! wub.gif

Subby's a great guy! It's a wonderful gesture that he's making.

I think that everyone ought to follow Subby's lead in giving back to the community.

And likewise, we should all support those who give so generously!

This is a great thing to do! Have you gotten any nominations yet? smile.gif

Actually no, I haven't. Of course, it's gonna be another week before I can have the mower ready though, so I'm just gonna let this run its course for the week. My dad was in the hospital over the weekend, my daughter's been sick since Monday, and I spent all afternoon at the dentist today, so I'm am really behind. I hope that's the end of family emergencies for a while! :wacko:

Well I don't know anyone on p.com well enough to know if they need a mower or not. Sorry! But this is so nice of you to do this again. I am sure someone on here knows another p.commer who needs one.

clapping.gif

Actually no, I haven't. Of course, it's gonna be another week before I can have the mower ready though, so I'm just gonna let this run its course for the week. My dad was in the hospital over the weekend, my daughter's been sick since Monday, and I spent all afternoon at the dentist today, so I'm am really behind. I hope that's the end of family emergencies for a while! wacko.gif

I hope everyone is better soon! smile.gif

Well I don't know anyone on p.com well enough to know if they need a mower or not. Sorry! But this is so nice of you to do this again. I am sure someone on here knows another p.commer who needs one.

clapping.gif

yeah, there's a few days for something to come along. I try to do this whenever I can gather up some used mowers from people who were going to throw them away. In my eyes, they're helping me out, so why not try to return the favor to someone who's down and out? ;) (even though, I consider myself pretty down and out) but I know there's folks in worse shape than I am, and this is the only way I can afford to give back, since I don't have much money- but I ALWAYS have a mower to cut my lawn with with~~~ :p Fringe benefit of checking out the mowers I fix up! :D