Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
Mommy2Peyton&Zaine

Would eat at a

If someone opened up a healthy restaurant here in Dallas or Hiram would you eat there?

Turkey Burgers

Spaghetti with wheat noodles and ground turkey

Fish

Grilled Chicken

Things like that.

Oh I woud love too..But wouldn't have no idea where to even start.

Do a little research on line, ask a few local business people and rent the old Dogwoods location on Hwy.92.

There is a place near the new courthouse that sells used restaurant equipment. You can do it....we can help.

Do a little research on line, ask a few local business people and rent the old Dogwoods location on Hwy.92.

There is a place near the new courthouse that sells used restaurant equipment. You can do it....we can help.

Great advice, Treasure! And I KNOW I have seen used restaurant equipment on Craigslist for really reasonable prices...

I would love it! Unfortunately, I can't imagine it would last long around here :glare:

Coming from a fat girl who hates to cook but would love to eat healthy.....it would make it. :drinks:

While it is a good idea, this economy does not favor mom and pop start ups. You would need a major bankroll to survive until your idea caught on, if it did. Also small business loans are very difficult to accquire right now. And finally, to really rain on your parade, most people that eat this way on a consistent basis are going to prepare these foods in their home so they can control everything that goes into the dishes. You might just need to wait until people's disposable income frees up. My husband worked as a consultant in the restaurant industry for many years and one thing he would tell potential owners, don't invest something you cannot afford to loose.

Coming from a fat girl who hates to cook but would love to eat healthy.....it would make it. :drinks:

Thats me a fat girl would needs to and wants to eat heathly but has a hard time during it at home...And my 6yr. old son is really over weight too so we all are trying to make a life style change here. That's what gave me the idea cause on weekend we have a really hard time eating healthy. The weekdays aren't that bad but whats the point of doing it during the week if you aren't going to do it on the weekends too.

Maybe someone on here will see this and have the money and time to open one up.

Thats me a fat girl would needs to and wants to eat heathly but has a hard time during it at home...And my 6yr. old son is really over weight too so we all are trying to make a life style change here. That's what gave me the idea cause on weekend we have a really hard time eating healthy. The weekdays aren't that bad but whats the point of doing it during the week if you aren't going to do it on the weekends too.

Maybe someone on here will see this and have the money and time to open one up.

I am doing a 1500 calorie diet that the dr put me on and walking every other day and once I get in the groove on the days that I don't walk I am going to do Wii fit....I thought I would die without getting to eat "food" but there is so many low calorie foods out there and they all taste good. My main thing was drinking cokes so I went to diet dr pepper and water....If you look at the nutrition facts on the fast food restaurants you will die at how many calories they have in it....I mean a double cheeseburger was almost 500 calories and most people have to get the fries and that was another 400 or so I was shocked I never thought about it. But you can still eat out I have found that Chickfila grilled chicken sandwich with the wheat bun is only 300 calories and you get a diet drink which is no calories...subway is also good and taco bell is okay on some things. I hope to lose all my weight and keep it off this is the first time I have been this excited about doing it.

While it is a good idea, this economy does not favor mom and pop start ups. You would need a major bankroll to survive until your idea caught on, if it did. Also small business loans are very difficult to accquire right now. And finally, to really rain on your parade, most people that eat this way on a consistent basis are going to prepare these foods in their home so they can control everything that goes into the dishes. You might just need to wait until people's disposable income frees up. My husband worked as a consultant in the restaurant industry for many years and one thing he would tell potential owners, don't invest something you cannot afford to loose.

Very good advice!!

Now, I just wish somebody had a place to get a GREAT salad that doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

I'm tired of Ruby Tuesdays $9.00 salad, and I get tired of the one at Jim and Nicks.

I love salads!

Very good advice!!

Now, I just wish somebody had a place to get a GREAT salad that doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

I'm tired of Ruby Tuesdays $9.00 salad, and I get tired of the one at Jim and Nicks.

I love salads!

Subway will put any of their sandwich makings on a salad and that is pretty good.

My family would most definitely! My kids refuse to eat any meat, other than turkey. It has to be turkey burgers, turkey hot dogs .. ect. I, on the hand wouldn't. Simply because I don't trust others to cook my food .. but I'm just weird like that lol.

Unfortunately, it's next to impossible to make a go of an independent restuarant like that in today's climate. Between the government and the insurance man, the overhead is terrible.

It's really very sad that the government has made things so difficult for people to start a business.

I would pick up carry out, but probably wouldn't eat there.

That is what I was thinking. If there were a place that had healthy prepared meals that I could just "grab and go". Something I could take home and pop in the oven for a half hour or so. When I lived in Marietta I got prepared meals from Harry's when I had school at night, which was a couple of nights a week. It was quick, easy, healty and affordable. I could get it on my way from work and have it ready and eaten by the time I left for school.

Also, something made for TWO instead of a family of four. Everything is packaged for families of 4.

Very good advice!!

I love salads!

There is no better place to get a salad than Longhorn's. They are very large, and affordable. I think they are about $7.00 for their large. Yummy! That is what I am having for lunch today.

Yes. I also always tell my friends I really wish someone would open a healthy drive thru. I am always on the go and I hate Mcdonalds and that stuf. Makes me feel so sick. I wish their was one that had alot of choices besides wraps bc I am getting burned out on those.

I could even settle for a sub shop with a drive thru- When you have three kids it sucks going in anywhere.

Edited by CarolineElizabeth

Very good advice!!

I love salads!

I agree

There was a place sorta like what you are talking about in the Avenues. Don't know if they are still there or not. It was called Doc Greens. I ate there once. It was good.

Zaxby's grilled house salad (with lite vinagrette dressing) is awesome. My daughter and I love them -- even when we're not watching what we eat. Give it a try!

Very good advice!!

I love salads!