Paulding.com

Insurance denied Hail Damages?

April and May 2009 Paulding County had hail storms. Did you file a claim for damages and were you denied? If yes, can you email me your story? I was the ONLY homeowner in 254 housing subdivision that has been denied.

Over 50 homes have new roofs including all my immediately surrounding neighbors. I need as much evidence as possible to continue the fight with Travelers insurance and yes, I did file with the State Insurance Commissioner. Their response was a letter response from Travelers about their two trips out and inspections, nothing more. I've posted in one other web location and found people not only in GA, but other areas of the country in this same battle with Travelers. Ironically, the EXACT SAME WORDS were said to others as to myself, "sorry, you have blistering, some hail damage, but not enough to warrant a new roof". How can an agent in NY and GA say EXACTLY the same thing...good training by Travelers to convince homeowners they don't have a claim?

My next step is to hire a Haag professional for evaluation. Look at the Vent alone and count the strikes!

Please respond if you've had similar troubles with Travelers Insurance. I look forward to your responses.

Thank you Paulding.com for being here.

post-5719-127172080453_thumb.jpg

post-5719-127172092926_thumb.jpg

Edited by PROTECT

My next-door neighbor and I were both denied; we both have State Farm. Houses all around us, including my other next-door neighbor, their other next-door neighbor, and two houses directly across from us all got new roofs, but we didn't. We both appealed, and nada. Vent damage with ours as well.

Oh, and one of those new roofs was a State Farm customer.

I was denied by State Farm as well, fuguratively. They said less than 300.00 damage and that was to vents, no damage to the roof. Every home around me got a new roof but evidently mine is hail proof.

Now comes the funny part, State Farm did pay for the roof on my rental home that is less than a mile away and went through the same hail storm.

Go figure.

Ask for mediation under the policy, I think that is where they hire someone and you do...and then they meet....otherwise you will have to hire an attorney....basically this has been caused by many roofs being claimed and mounting costs for companies....

We got a new roof through State Farm in 2007 after a hail storm. We let the roofer work with the adjuster and they came to an agreement. I was told that there wasn't much roof damage from hail but there was wind damage from straight line winds which lifted up the shingles and caused them to be loose. It broke the seal and was no longer sound.

edited to correct spelling

Edited by cobbobig

State Farm seems to be impossible. We are one of 7 houses in a cul-de-sac and all of our neighbors received a new roof. We have State Farm and were denied. We did find out that our next door neighbor (same hail storm) has State Farm and it was approved. We even have a small leak in the roof coming in to the living room. The adjuster left us a $40 check to cover the cost of paint. Really? I wasn't aware that a little coat of paint would stop a leak!

It looks like we're gearing up for our own battle. Keep us posted!

The insurance companies BANK on people to NOT fight them. I intend to fight all the way to court if I have to on the principal of it all. After I posted this today, lo & behold I look out my kitchen window to see my only neighbor besides myself (without a new roof) with an adjuster and roofer on his roof! The adjuster gave his advice and best yet the roofer came over walked my roof and measured and circled the evident hail damage as shown in photos. These are definite Hail hits and not only that, he counted over 11 on the vent when I could only see 9 in the photo. How can something so small as this vent have such a large area sustain hits and it be anything other than Hail? There are no trees near it and it is close to center of roof overall.

I really would like to know any Travelers insureds comments-as to denied or claim approved.

THANKS

I hope you are able to take care of this, Insurance companies have gotten to where they want our money and then when you file a claim, they want to cancel. My neighbor got a new roof and then she recieved a letter that as of certain date blah blah, she would no longer have insurance with that company, not sure which company it was.And she still has a mortgage. Also, just recently read that there was a website that once a insurance company cancels you, the new company that you try to get insurance through will check this website and all your claims will be listed and you can become uninsurable. good luck

The insurance companies BANK on people to NOT fight them. I intend to fight all the way to court if I have to on the principal of it all. After I posted this today, lo & behold I look out my kitchen window to see my only neighbor besides myself (without a new roof) with an adjuster and roofer on his roof! The adjuster gave his advice and best yet the roofer came over walked my roof and measured and circled the evident hail damage as shown in photos. These are definite Hail hits and not only that, he counted over 11 on the vent when I could only see 9 in the photo. How can something so small as this vent have such a large area sustain hits and it be anything other than Hail? There are no trees near it and it is close to center of roof overall.

I really would like to know any Travelers insureds comments-as to denied or claim approved.

THANKS

Drafting a pm to send you. I'll add that my local agent was awesome and had his best thoughts in my situation. He knew damn well I had hail damage