Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
orrby

So, when are you going to open your pool

OPEN; did not close.

One of the benefits of salt is the $$$$. I had to have $40 in chemicals to start up this year. Maybe the entire summer, I might spend $60 on salt. No maintenance, no chlorine tablets to buy, no bags of shock -- always something I had to add before I switched to salt. I don't have the algae problems anymore either.

BEFORE salt, it always cost me $250+ to open and large buckets of chlorine tablet or bags of shock to keep it maintained and balanced. I KNOW I spent an easy $800+ to keep it maintained. I like the $100+ and no constant checks.

I know it's been warm this week. I checked the temp in the pool tonight and it was up to 75. Like I mentioned the other night in my post, it was 68 degrees on Saturday morning.

I added the virtual solar cover (tropical fish) on Sunday night. The fish lasts for 2 months. I'd expect to see how it impacts the temperature in the pool after Thursday's rain and the more moderate temperatures. I'll keep you guys posted.

We put two of those guys in our pool yesterday. No difference so far but they hadn't had a lot of time in yet.

Ours was at 73 today. And that's with the redneck warming system....3-4 black hoses with water running through them and back into the pool during the day. :rolleyes:

I had planned to open ours this last weekend, but I walked out into the yard and realized we didn't have one. :o :blink:

But I figured in this day and age of "spreading the wealth", the fam and I would be stopping by to use one of your guy's pools this weekend. It would be helpful to add your addresses in the posts as you respond to this thread. :D

See Ya'll Saturday! :yahoo:

I had planned to open ours this last weekend, but I walked out into the yard and realized we didn't have one. :o :blink:

But I figured in this day and age of "spreading the wealth", the fam and I would be stopping by to use one of your guy's pools this weekend. It would be helpful to add your addresses in the posts as you respond to this thread. :D

See Ya'll Saturday! :yahoo:

Don't forget your fishing poles, and you are bringing the ribs!

I opened ours this week and finally finished everything this evening.

BTW, for openings, service, repairs, liners, etc. give Tommy at Aloha Pools a call. He is local here in Paulding and has been great to me.

678-859-3606

We swim at my neigbors house. They keep it open year round. Kids have already been in. :pardon: Not me!!

Heated up the spa tonight, it was sooooooo nice. Grandson did the warm spa, cold pool thing. He loved it!! Got pretty cool outside when the sun went down. :D

Do you have good results opening before the worst of the pollen is over? We usually wait so we won't overwork the pump getting rid of the pollen.

Yeah, when does the pollen stop in Paulding? I usually wait until late April. My granddaughter wanted me to pull the cover off today so she could go swimming.

We will be opening our pool at the beginning of May.

Can't hardly wait! :D