Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
dporter1183

need help choosing colors

i want a new comforter but figure out what colors will work best. my bedroom furniture is light wood. not sure what the color is called but i know its darker than pine. i dont have $$ to replace my furniture or the patience to refinish. my walls are eggshell but i plan on painting them anyway. your suggestions are very much appreciated! TIA

i want a new comforter but figure out what colors will work best. my bedroom furniture is light wood. not sure what the color is called but i know its darker than pine. i dont have $$ to replace my furniture or the patience to refinish. my walls are eggshell but i plan on painting them anyway. your suggestions are very much appreciated! TIA

I like Lavender .. I find that goes well with all colors of wood. Sage is also pretty.

Tend to gravitate toward darker colors, but most of my furniture is cherry or dark wood.

Since you have lighter furniture and eggshell walls I think I'd stick to sage or a light blue.

Personally, with light wood and light walls I would go dark. Maybe like chocolate with light blue accents.

I would paint the walls a deep rich brown and go with a white matelasse for summer time, then put a heavier comforter folded up at the end of the bed for

cooler weather.

What are you floors? Favorite color?

the carpet is the standard stuff they put in new homes, it's practically the same color as the walls. i like browns, blues, purples, black....pretty much anything besides orange or yellow. i would love to do a lot of whites with dark walls but i have 2 small mess makers who spend mornings in my room.

thanks so much for the suggestions! this is really helping me a picture in my head of what I would like.

I have a light wood bedroom furniture set. My walls are painted a very light mauvish color but I have had one bedding/curtain set that had light pastel cabbage roses on a black background. Another was a quilt set of a white background, sage stripe and mauvish roses on it. I just bought a new bedding/curtain set that has a dark burgundy background with a mauvish rose design. It was time for something new. JcPenney has quite a few nice bedding sets in their store but even more so in the catalog or online. The newest one for me was purchased through their catalog. It isn't in their store at all. Good luck with your decision! :)