Paulding.com

Mr. Joseph Velkovich, age 55 of Dallas, GA passed away Saturday, March 27, 2010 at Wellstar Paulding Hospital.

Mr. Velkovich, affectionately known as Joe; was born on April 16, 1954 in Kosovo, Europe. The only son of two wonderful parents Mr. & Mrs. Rudy and Helen Velkovich. He was of the Serbian Orthodox faith. He served in the United States Army. Mr. Velkovich worked as a Machinist at Withers Tool and Dye. He loved the outdoors and his favorite pastimes were hunting and fishing.

Mr. Joseph Velkovich is survived by his wife Mrs. Diana Velkovich; one son Mr. Joey Velkovich, Jr.; three nephews Mr. & Mrs. William (April) Ivy, Mr. & Mrs. Larry Joe (Jamie) Ivy and Mr. Jonathan Ivy; 5 nieces Dana Robison, Kayla Ivy, Crystal Ivy, Nicole Reynolds and Vicky Dillingham; 3 brothers in law Mr. & Mrs. Michael (Laura) Ivy, Mr. William Larry Ivy, and Mr. & Mrs. Danny Joe (Mona) Ivy; 8 grandchildren Dillon Ivy, Lyric Ivy, Hannah Ivy, Kobe Robison, Carmella Robison, Chevy Robison, Cameron Ivy, and Riley May; 4 very special brothers in heart Mr. Carl Caudle, Mr. William Howland, Mr. Michael Sera and Mr. & Mrs. David (Suzanne) Morris; 1 special daughter in heart Ms. Rena Eavenson; and many other beloved family members and friends. Mr. Velkovich was preceded in death by his loving parents Mr. Rudy Velkovich and Mrs. Helen Antich Velkovich; and his beloved son Mr. Jason Velkovich.

Funeral services for Mr. Joseph Velkovich will be held at the chapel of Jeff Eberhart Funeral Home on Tuesday, March 30, 2010 at 1 PM with Reverend Thomas Cole officiating. Pall Bearers will include William Ivy, Larry Joe Ivy, Carl Caudle, Michael Sera, Jonathan Ivy and Willard Borntrager. Interment will follow at 3 PM at Georgia National Cemetery with Father Sasha officiating.

Mr. Velkovich will remain at Jeff Eberhart Funeral Home where the family will receive friends Monday, March 29 from 6 PM - 9 PM and Tuesday March, 30 from 9 AM until services begin at 1 PM.

Please join Mr. Velkovich's family in honoring his life by visiting www.jeffeberhartfuneralhome.com to share memories.

The Jeff Eberhart Funeral Home of Dallas, GA has charge of the funeral arrangements for the funeral of Mr. Joseph Velkovich.

I am so sad to hear this. I met Joe several times during my stretch as a siding claims manager. He was one awesome man. I always enjoyed talking to him, and his family. Joe was one of the few people who really made an impact on me with his wit & his wisdom. Although I didn't know him very long, he was one of those guys who you simply can't forget....kind and friendly, and a man's man sort of guy. My prayers go out to his family. :closedeyes:

Rest in peace, my brother!! :(