Paulding.com

Report Card today!

Thank you for posting. I just asked my son for his...I'll live with it. He does have a high C in a class. EDIT: Called my daughter, I will live with her's as well. Matter of fact I'm proud of her...She only got 2 C's this time around.

Edited by Lucky64

Oh, yes. Report cards.

6th grader--All B's with one higher C.(77)

4th grader--All A's and B's

C's in my house are as bad as an F. I'm torn, really because now I have to do what I have threatened. They have been told that a C will get their computer and tv taken away...until progress reports.

I'm actually feeling horrible. The thing is though, is I KNOW he can do better. Its not like he gave it all his effort, and ended up with a C. He didnt, and he was warned that he needed to get it up before report cards.

Maybe I will stick with the punishment, just not for so long. I'm really not that much of a harda$$, but I worry once they start slipping, they will continue.

Whatcha think??

Oh, yes. Report cards.

C's in my house are as bad as an F. I'm torn, really because now I have to do what I have threatened. They have been told that a C will get their computer and tv taken away...until progress reports.

I'm actually feeling horrible. The thing is though, is I KNOW he can do better. Its not like he gave it all his effort, and ended up with a C. He didnt, and he was warned that he needed to get it up before report cards.

Maybe I will stick with the punishment, just not for so long. I'm really not that much of a harda$$, but I worry once they start slipping, they will continue.

Whatcha think??

I won't take anything away, they both worked very hard for those C's...I would take a hard C over a soft A any day. My son's worst subject is Math. My daughter Math, Science. That is what they received the C's in. I'm still proud of both of them.

He's very proud of himself. At interim time he had one B ... pulled that sucker up. :lol:

(I always feel weird about "what happened" reactions to a B ... it's still a great grade, which I tell him.)

I understand where you are coming from. Sometimes I get aggrevated with my son when I see a B EVEN thou it's still a good grade but not when it was an A for most of the year.

I won't take anything away, they both worked very hard for those C's...I would take a hard C over a soft A any day. My son's worst subject is Math. My daughter Math, Science. That is what they received the C's in. I'm still proud of both of them.

I understand where you are coming from. Sometimes I get aggrevated with my son when I see a B EVEN thou it's still a good grade but not when it was an A for most of the year.

I agree with your theories as well but my sons C was because he didn't read enough pages even when given class time to do it.

I agree with your theories as well but my sons C was because he didn't read enough pages even when given class time to do it.

That stuff makes me crazy ... a C when they are trying is one thing. A C when they aren't giving it their best is a different matter.

My daughter graduated last year, but a B on a report card was a low grade and we told her she could do better. Now my son who is still in school, I am clapping and cheering for a C. Boy kids to be so different.

DD in Kindergarten meets or exceeds standards :yahoo: and DD in 2nd is on ALL A Honor Roll again :yahoo: :yahoo: ...she's always been on it and we expect her to stay on it! Kindergartener wanted a certificate like her sis so we explained that she can have them with every report card, too! I am very proud of them both!

Sorry, I didn't mean to relpy directly to you...just meant to do a regular reply. I guess I was too excited! But I have a son so I am curious to see how they differ in school!

Edited by nowens98

3rd grader~~ all A's

6th grader~~ all A's except for an 88 BUT he is still getting a 91 overall in that class.

7th grader~~ all A's (Is Actually getting 100's in both Advanced Math and Science~~ Way to go!)

I check parent portal WAY too much, especially if there is B hanging around there. I've told my kids if you do your best and get a B I'm am totally okay with that but if you don't study and get a B then I KNOW you could have gotten an A so I do ride them a little about their grades.

Okay, thanks for letting me brag :clapping: .

Oh, yes. Report cards.

Maybe I will stick with the punishment, just not for so long. I'm really not that much of a harda$, but I worry once they start slipping, they will continue.

Whatcha think??

If you *know* he could do better, stick with the punishment.

My parents didn't, and I wish they had. In high school I started slipping and went from a 4.0 student to not even qualifying for HOPE within a matter of a semester and a half. ;)

My 5th grader is always an A-B or higher honor roll. But this year, at the last school, he just didn't care too much for his teacher and his grades slipped some. Even got a C on the last one.

Since then we moved and he changed schools. Attitude is completely different. He is loving his new teacher. I think it may have to do with the fact that she is young and gorgeous. LOL He is back on All A honor roll. The lowest grade was a 97. Even got Outstandings for everything else. Now, I will admit, he has NEVER done that before now. :good: :lol: