Paulding.com

Netflix, Warner Bros. End Dispute, Reach Deal on DVDs

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2010-01-06/netflix-warner-bros-end-dispute-reach-deal-on-dvds-update3-.html

Jan. 6 (Bloomberg) -- Netflix Inc., the largest mail-order movie-rental service, reached a new movie licensing agreement with Time Warner Inc.’s Warner Bros., giving the studio 28 days to sell new releases before customers can check out DVDs.

Netflix, based in Los Gatos, California, gets new releases from Warner after the 28-day window, as well as expanded access to catalog titles for rental and online viewing, the companies said today in a statement. Financial terms weren’t disclosed.

The agreement can be a model for deals with studios facing a drop in DVD sales, Netflix said. By agreeing to the sale-only window, the company gets lower prices for DVDs and has more to spend on material that can be streamed digitally to computers, Web-connected TVs and game consoles, the company said.

“It can be a good deal for Netflix in terms of product costs coming down,” said Todd Greenwald, an analyst with Signal Hill Capital Group in Baltimore, who rates the stock “hold” and doesn’t own it. “Is it a good deal for Netflix subscribers? Probably not.”

<_< Whatever. Still won't get me into a theater.

We just wait and buy the DVD especially when you can get them cheap from the already viewed section at Block Busters. My family watches them over and over any way, it's cheaper that way. At my age, I can wait awhile and watch it again and it's like a brand new movie again. LOL