Paulding.com

Spin off from the tire thread

Where is a place in our area that you find good customer service every time you go ?

We see it once in awhile but it's very hard to find it as a standard operating procedure

these days.

Maybe if we share not only will we get it( cust. svc.) but their competetion may "get it" also and see that it is even more important now days to care about the customer.

Sorry, I have to brag...but you can ALWAYS find great customer service at The Endless Yard Sale store! That is what I pride my self on. People think that I am fake or phony sometimes. I have always been that way with every job I've had and businesses I have owned. The customer comes first. I can't stand the lack of customer service that you often find the days, and I feel there is NO excuse for it. If you don't want to do your job to the best of your ability, then you shouldn't be there. There is no reason NOT to:

1. speak to every customer that comes through your door

2. see if they need assistance while in your store

3. say goodbye upon leaving, along with come back and see us (or something to that affect)

4. have an attitude or chip on your shoulder (leave your problems at home)You are not getting paid for that!

OK, I've had my say. Maybe someone will learn something from it!

Thanks for starting this, I think it is VERY important!

Mary McFall

I always have great customer service at the Kroger in Hiram. Occasionally one of the younger workers at the self check isn't as great as usual, but never ever rude or unhelpful. When the regular pharmacist Jim is in, I great great service there, too.

Then, when we order pizza from Domino's. Granted, we have only done this twice and it has been since they made the changes, but both times the person on the phone was curtious. Actually, the last time I ordered the guy onthe phone said he'd also be delivering. He was so nice on the phone we tipped him extra.

I've always found the people at Dallas Tire very helpful, even when minimal or no money for themselves is involved. They've been as helpful when I needed a tire moved from a damaged rim to a new one or getting a lawn tractor tire replaced as when I was getting 4 tires and the works on my van.

I've also been very happy at Wild Bird Unlimited at Crossroads (about to move to Seven Hills). I decided to get a feeder for the backyard a few months ago and the people there were very helpful and patient as I worked through what I wanted to get. My wife just loves watching all the birds at the feeder.

Domino's Don't get me started. They put us on their "Chronic Complaints" list. Well heck yes. one time we got someone else order. One time we got medium buffalo wings with no sauce, one time our wings came with one driver and a half hour later our pizza came, then there was the time they drove over our mail box and didn't stop to report it. This was back in the day when they were the only game in town.

Then, when we order pizza from Domino's. Granted, we have only done this twice and it has been since they made the changes, but both times the person on the phone was curtious. Actually, the last time I ordered the guy onthe phone said he'd also be delivering. He was so nice on the phone we tipped him extra.

I used to work at the Domino's in New Hope, and the customer service used to be great, but recently, I've noticed it's gone down hill. The last 4 times I've ordered from them my pizza has been wrong, and when I called up the very last time to speak to the new management about it, I was told that the managers were "too busy" to speak to me, which was never normal protocal when I was there.

Normally, when you are a driver, you try to be very curtious on the phone, since you are the one directly affected by the customers experience.

Domino's Don't get me started. They put us on their "Chronic Complaints" list. Well heck yes. one time we got someone else order. One time we got medium buffalo wings with no sauce, one time our wings came with one driver and a half hour later our pizza came, then there was the time they drove over our mail box and didn't stop to report it. This was back in the day when they were the only game in town.

That sucks. My experience has been recent, and I have no idea where the store is that we order from. And it has only been twice that we have ordered from them.

I can't believe they ran over your mailbox!!!

I used to love the chronic complainers list. There were a few on there that were really funny, the manager would make their pizza, we would all double check it before it went in the oven, and even then, they still would call to say there was too much cheese, and then too little, and then that it was burned (the oven is a conveyor belt, so every pizza cooks for the exact same amount of time).

Not saying that was you, but that brought back some memories lol. We also had our list of people who would give you change, or change and dollar bills, and then shut the door real quick, before you could count and realise that they either short changed you, or gave you a 3 cent tip.

That sucks. My experience has been recent, and I have no idea where the store is that we order from. And it has only been twice that we have ordered from them.

I can't believe they ran over your mailbox!!!

Where do you live? It's always good to know which store your pizza is coming from.

[quote name='Adam&Jessica' date='26 March 2010 - 09:10 AM' timestamp='1269609009' post='3117888'

Where do you live? It's always good to know which store your pizza is coming from.

This is true.... I am off of Bill Carruth, near Hiram Sudie.

This is true.... I am off of Bill Carruth, near Hiram Sudie.

Your pizza should come from the south dallas store at:

2985 Villa Rica Hwy Ste B

Dallas, GA 30157

If not, it would be the hiram store on 278, but they don't have a very large delivery area. The New Hope store delivery area is ginormous.

Your pizza should come from the south dallas store at:

2985 Villa Rica Hwy Ste B

Dallas, GA 30157

If not, it would be the hiram store on 278, but they don't have a very large delivery area. The New Hope store delivery area is ginormous.

Actually, now that you say that I think it is the store on Villa Rica Hwy.

I agree with Chick-fil-a in Hiram and Dallas Tire--both of these have great customer service.

The first place that comes to mind for me is Publix (even though I love Crossroads Kroger). Customer service is almost always great at any Publix.

Edited by K96W8

Invariably, the names that come to mind, when it comes to a LACK of customer service, are the large chain stores. Why? Because public companies, in their need to satisfy shareholder demands, outgrew their ability to stay in touch with their customers. In their need to maximize profits in the short term they hire minimum wage SEASONAL employees for face-to-face customer work. They really don't have the time to properly train those employees, so they make the customer pay the price by rendering inferior service.

What amazes me is -- Why do customers keep going to these places?

One of my tag lines for my ads reads, "Why would anyone ever go anywhere else?" Why not go to a store that gives great, personal service, has low prices and the best product in the industry?

Why do customers go to the large chains where the people are rude, the product is inferior, the prices are higher, and the business practices are questionable? I think that they just don't take the time to look - the internet is a great tool for this - for the BEST, whether it's a national chain store or locally owned and operated.

I don't want to slight any other businesses, but my top 3 (from my experiences as a customer) in Paulding:

West Metro Produce and Meat

Sew It Seams

The Endless Yard Sale

Great people, personal service, good products! There's your great customer experience!

One other thing that I think is really important - That we teach our kids to have principles in dealing with customer service. We can set the good example by refusing to accept inferior customer service, by telling a store manager (in front of our children) about GOOD customer service, and by consistently requiring excellence. Otherwise, these poor service practices will become the norm, instead of the exception.

Most every commerce member I have done business with has given exceptional service.

The understand the concept of referrals and word of mouth.as a business building tool.

Those that are not willing to go above and beyond often fail.

They put a price tag on everything they do, the more money the better the service.

Your reputation is priceless, so every customer counts no matter how much or how little a person spends with you.

As far as chains go, we have 2 wally world stores here in the county, I only shop at one of them.

The same goes for when we have more than one chain restaurant, they sell the same things most of it the same quality.

The service sets them apart and this is directly due to management.

I can promise you that is your service is bad you have bad management, the worse a manager treats the people that work there, the worse the customer is treated.

A manager should serve and help the hourly employees that work under him. with a good attitude. When you encounter bad service I can tell you management is bad. Generally they are disrespectful and surly to the employees and this attitude is passed on to you.

Invariably, the names that come to mind, when it comes to a LACK of customer service, are the large chain stores. Why? Because public companies, in their need to satisfy shareholder demands, outgrew their ability to stay in touch with their customers. In their need to maximize profits in the short term they hire minimum wage SEASONAL employees for face-to-face customer work. They really don't have the time to properly train those employees, so they make the customer pay the price by rendering inferior service.

One of my tag lines for my ads reads, "Why would anyone ever go anywhere else?" Why not go to a store that gives great, personal service, has low prices and the best product in the industry?

Why do customers go to the large chains where the people are rude, the product is inferior, the prices are higher, and the business practices are questionable? I think that they just don't take the time to look - the internet is a great tool for this - for the BEST, whether it's a national chain store or locally owned and operated.

I don't want to slight any other businesses, but my top 3 (from my experiences as a customer) in Paulding:

Sew It Seams

The Endless Yard Sale

Great people, personal service, good products! There's your great customer experience!

Thank you so much! You're on the ball yourself!

West Metro Produce and MeatSew It Seams

The Endless Yard Sale

I agree completely about West metro, they treat you like family(the ones your glad to see) Mr. David and Crazy James are the best ever. When I walk i the door its always hey honey where you been. I even love Miss Peggy she is a nut and always has a clorox wipe ready for me after I load up on chicken(I hate chicken juice :wacko: ) I have had my bags carried out for me many times and they always get me whatever I need and have been known on occasion to give my babies an orange or a plum. They are what customer service is all about

Sew It Seams

The Endless Yard Sale

Dang... I am a "big chain" shopper I guess. Sorry but I guess it just depends on what "chains" you go to. I know I get GREAT service at my favorite stores. I also buy product that is NOT "inferior", as a matter of fact it is a much higher quailty than I can find anywhere in this county. I never mind paying for what I get. I am not saying that all chains are great just as I will not say all small business are great either.

I do use Vic Williams for all my car care and will say that he and his staff ( some of which are his family) are great.

I always have great customer service at the Kroger in Hiram. Occasionally one of the younger workers at the self check isn't as great as usual, but never ever rude or unhelpful. When the regular pharmacist Jim is in, I great great service there, too.

We have always used Kroger in Hiram but when the new store in Dallas opened I changed because of the drive thru. Well, the Pharmacist was a biotch so I went back to Hiram. I love them. Jim is always very helpful and the Techs are very nice. One of them was my daughters Daycare teacher so I have a special fondness for her. I'll never go back to Dallas again.

Chick-fil-a in Hiram is always wonderful, I have never had a bad experience in there!!

I was pleasantly surprised the first time my son and I went in to the Chick-fil-a in Hiram. They were very friendly and always say "it's my pleasure" whether you go inside or through the drive through, and they always have a smile.

We have always used Kroger in Hiram but when the new store in Dallas opened I changed because of the drive thru. Well, the Pharmacist was a biotch so I went back to Hiram. I love them. Jim is always very helpful and the Techs are very nice. One of them was my daughters Daycare teacher so I have a special fondness for her. I'll never go back to Dallas again.

LOL - I did the same thing. I love that pharmacy. He even called me at my house once about one of my meds; he had noticed seomthing strange in my file and wanted to make sure I got the rigth stuff. He had been on vaca. and the fill in had filled it. He will always have my business.

I also left out West Metro. They are GREAT there. All of them. Also, the folks at the bakery are also great. Even when they are slammed they are still nice and helpful, and patient (sp?).

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

:rofl:

Sorry, I have to brag...but you can ALWAYS find great customer service at The Endless Yard Sale store! That is what I pride my self on. People think that I am fake or phony sometimes. I have always been that way with every job I've had and businesses I have owned. The customer comes first. I can't stand the lack of customer service that you often find the days, and I feel there is NO excuse for it. If you don't want to do your job to the best of your ability, then you shouldn't be there. There is no reason NOT to:

3. say goodbye upon leaving, along with come back and see us (or something to that affect)

4. have an attitude or chip on your shoulder (leave your problems at home)You are not getting paid for that!

Mary McFall

I would have to admit, Mary is GREAT when it comes to customer service. :wub:

I was pleasantly surprised the first time my son and I went in to the Chick-fil-a in Hiram. They were very friendly and always say "it's my pleasure" whether you go inside or through the drive through, and they always have a smile.

I agree with Chick-Fil-A!

I must have the misfortune of only trying West Metro when they are having a bad day. I haven't had notable customer service in there in a long time.

Endless yard sale, absolutely on the good list. Bumble Bee Bakery is way up on that list, too. Yorkville Market, though it could use a good cleaning, the customer service there is solid.

Chick fil a employee's always seems so fake though, it's painful.

• Like 1

I must have the misfortune of only trying West Metro when they are having a bad day. I haven't had notable customer service in there in a long time.

Endless yard sale, absolutely on the good list. Bumble Bee Bakery is way up on that list, too. Yorkville Market, though it could use a good cleaning, the customer service there is solid.

Why thank-you! We try, and customer service IS SO IMPORTANT! It is easy for me, though, because we have the BEST customers! Seriously. I have met so many awesome people since the bakery opened. It is like seeing friends when you all come in time after time. One little girl and her Daddy come in every Friday for a treat for having a good school week. Today she told me she made all A's on her report card and I was so proud of her! It really feels like a community when you get to know people, not just a job.

I have had some awesome customer service at Chic-fil-a. Also at Rodney's in Hiram, and believe it or not, the Kroger on Ridge Road! And while they are not in Paulding County, the Publix in Powder Springs has amazing customer service.

Mary McFall

The McFalls are easily the coolest, most laid back generously friendly people I'VE EVER MET! Miss ya's!

I gotta get by the store soon, my lil man is outgrowing everything these days!

The McFalls are easily the coolest, most laid back generously friendly people I'VE EVER MET! Miss ya's!

I gotta get by the store soon, my lil man is outgrowing everything these days!

Wow, that is great to hear! Hubby will love it too! (he is such a big help!) Hope to see you both soon!