Paulding.com

Guy at 92 X E.P.Drive w/sign Need Help

Ok, Im a big sucker. I was on my way to the store and felt sorry for him. I picked up a few extra things $13 worth to be exact, stuff for kids jello, peanut butter, loaf of bread etc. The creep left my groceries on the side of the road and left with another guy in a truck. A friend of mine that works at Hero's got the groceries and told me this. Did anyone else see him? Others gave him money. So, if anyone sees him again... we know now he is not who he says he is. So, I felt good anyway for helping someone but I could not help but feel a little foolish. Go figure.

Ok, Im a big sucker. So, I felt good anyway for helping someone but I could not help but feel a little foolish. Go figure.

You were a nice person and you did a nice thing. I'm sorry he did that. Don't feel foolish. You obviously have a good heart. :blush:

Don't feel foolish. You did a good thing and what you thought was right. Can you get the groceries back and take them to maybe Charlies Angel's food bank? His random act of @ssness can be someone else who really needs it's gain.

Don't let his bad deed ruin your good one ... can you take the food to a local food pantry?

Most of the stuff was given to someone else who needed it. They appreciated it too. so poo poo on that guy. If anyone ever sees him again, ??? what do you do?? I feel like getting a sign too and standing next to him that says "liar". but i would never do that. what do you do if anyone sees him again?

Most of the stuff was given to someone else who needed it. They appreciated it too. so poo poo on that guy. If anyone ever sees him again, ??? what do you do?? I feel like getting a sign too and standing next to him that says "liar". but i would never do that. what do you do if anyone sees him again?

Lol, I would so do that. Ha......

Thanks for the update. I saw him too, and wondered if he was legit. I think for the future I am going to have contact info for my church's food pantry and other similar ministries - that way I know help is there for a real need.

Go get someone who is big enough and mean enough to kick his sorry A$$. That was very nice of you to think of someone who was asking for help, the rotten sob.

Go get someone who is big enough and mean enough to kick his sorry A$$. That was very nice of you to think of someone who was asking for help, the rotten sob.

maybe he will get run over... we all know how Karma works...did anyone else see him?

he was probably a professional only interested in $s.

You were prompted by the Spirit and accepted the call to act. The man is being deceptive and will have to answer to that one day.

Each day people are prompted to act and many fail to move upon that call. Don't be scared the next time - just follow your heart which is the Spirit giving you an opportunity.

There was a good suggestion - take the extra items to a food pantry. You have accomplished the same thing.

What did he and the kids look like? He'll probably be on another corner pretty soon. Agree that Food Pantry is a better way to make sure food gets to those in need. Even if some of those folks take advantage of the system, they've only got food and not cash for Lord knows what.

What did he and the kids look like? He'll probably be on another corner pretty soon. Agree that Food Pantry is a better way to make sure food gets to those in need. Even if some of those folks take advantage of the system, they've only got food and not cash for Lord knows what.

That is what the sign said "Need Help Christian with kids" he had a blue polo type shirt on and blue jeans. no kids just him.

Make signs to put around town saying "The Christian Man w/ children is a BIG FAT LIAR!"

Plus you posting this here, the word will get out and he probably won't be getting as much 'help' as he has been getting and someone is likely to say/yell something to him about him being a fake.

Just know, if you would have given him the $13 you would feel even more foolish. I think you did the smart thing. Good thinking. :clapping:

When I see someone in his shoes I tell them I have work to do around my house. Grass cutting,cleaning,etc.. And I would gladly pay them to do it.....No one has taken me up on it yet.

AND I was just thinking about it...

when I handed him the grocery bags he said "God Bless You" to me. I ask him his name so I could pray for him. He SAID "John" was his name. Probably a lie too. The nerve. I wouldn/t throw God's name around if I was him. That is who he will answer too. I no longer feel foolish I feel angry. It really is unbeilivable what some folks are willing to do for money. Pretty good scam... he got me. :angry2:

HA HA... He best move on to another area... cause I think i just blew his cover... hahahahahah

Edited by MJF

if you stand next to him, make sure you're wearing that bull dog shirt we gave you.. rofl

I saw him too at 92 and East Paulding...my son made a comment about him having enough money to afford a nice pair of shoes but not being able to buy food for the kids. There was a couple of bags laying beside him that appeared to have some food in them.

he was probably a professional only interested in $s.

You were prompted by the Spirit and accepted the call to act. The man is being deceptive and will have to answer to that one day.

Each day people are prompted to act and many fail to move upon that call. Don't be scared the next time - just follow your heart which is the Spirit giving you an opportunity.

There was a good suggestion - take the extra items to a food pantry. You have accomplished the same thing.

Well said Freebird!

I seen a description of what he was wearing, but not one of what he actually looked like.

you should write him a personal note and leave it in your car. The next time you see him, roll down your window and hand it to him. In the end, you will have had your say and maybe it will make you feel better. In the grand scheme of things, it probably won't matter but unless you plant the seed of redemption and change, you have no idea if it will grow.

• Like 1

I seen a description of what he was wearing, but not one of what he actually looked like.

He's a white guy, in his late 20's or early 30's, good looking guy with short medium brown hair, unshaven with a slight stubble on his face, kinda a big square face. blue polo type shirt blue jeans . i guessin 5'8" tall, a little stocky maybe 165lb.-175lb.

ifeel much better after my friends at pcom listened to me. I know talking about this helped me, I hope it makes everyone around aware and he moves on to somewhere else. He certainly will wonder why NO ONE around here is giving him anything. CREEP thanks to you all...

Edited by MJF