Paulding.com

Teacher has students punch another in the face

So a good teacher loses a career over a little thug that preys on those weaker than him including females. This little thug will grow up to be a big thug that will prey on others in society, be a lifer on the entitlement system, have a criminal record a mile long and be yet another burden on the system. HUMMM I wonder how Devarious Williams mother, Barbara Mobley pays for the little angel to attend private school, Government vouchers maybe??

Devarious obviously has a history of violence at the tender age of 5, why was this teacher placed in a position to even be having to deal with this Jr. POS.

And when did it become taboo to teach kids to defend themselves from attack, and that it is now OK for someone to hit you but you cannot hit them back.

WOW, mom sure looks like a welfare momma to me. has two other kids with different last names also. SHE MUST be an upstanding citizen.(Yea I’m judging a book by its cover so sue me)

n100000690713917_3229.jpg

Barbara's facebook page.

Why would you say such a thing?? It is a child! Kids are bad sometimes, that doesn't at all mean they are a "thug" or are going to be nothing more than a member of the life of crime.

And defending YOURSELF when someone hits you is one thing, that is NOT what happened here.

And to say such a thing based on a photo?! I am glad i don't know you and sure hope to never meet you. You are pathetic. <_< JMO

• Like 2

Holy crap he is only 5, there is a chance for him to be more than a POS! :wacko:

At the rate he is going, not much of a chance. If we could pull off the kid gloves and not worry about being politically correct and get a handle on the problem NOW, there may be a chance. But unfortunately I dont see that happening.

Edited by wcso84

If their child is still acting like that, and they really and truly have tried everything they can, then that child needs to see a psychologist, and get some major treatment. I never gave a serious thought to hitting a child either, but my former coworkers sure did, after things like having (literally) crap thrown at them, being peed on, having hair pulled out, having their noses broken, or being severely bitten. Those children were so bad their parents couldn't handle them, which is why they were there. But even most of those kids, especially the non mentally ill ones, could have been handled at home if their parents really tried EVERYTHING legally available.

Yes, everything they could....even sending them to places like YOU worked! If the child is in treatment it's not going to be an overnight change. It will take some time, as an adult you can either stay at your job or HIT KIDS and go home?!

If their child is still acting like that, and they really and truly have tried everything they can, then that child needs to see a psychologist, and get some major treatment. I never gave a serious thought to hitting a child either, but my former coworkers sure did, after things like having (literally) crap thrown at them, being peed on, having hair pulled out, having their noses broken, or being severely bitten. Those children were so bad their parents couldn't handle them, which is why they were there. But even most of those kids, especially the non mentally ill ones, could have been handled at home if their parents really tried EVERYTHING legally available.

Their child could very well be in the midst of seeing a psychologists, but even that isn't going to cause an immediate change.

My son is hard to deal with sometimes, but it's not because I don't do anything, and act like he's this sweet angel that the teachers are picking on. I am well aware of his behavior. He is in behavioral theropy, and we're working on it. Whose to say the mother of this child isn't doing the same thing?

The sad and unfortunate reality that there are so many parents who really do nothing.

So a good teacher loses a career over a little thug that preys on those weaker than him including females. This little thug will grow up to be a big thug that will prey on others in society, be a lifer on the entitlement system, have a criminal record a mile long and be yet another burden on the system. HUMMM I wonder how Devarious Williams mother, Barbara Mobley pays for the little angel to attend private school, Government vouchers maybe??

Devarious obviously has a history of violence at the tender age of 5, why was this teacher placed in a position to even be having to deal with this Jr. POS.

And when did it become taboo to teach kids to defend themselves from attack, and that it is now OK for someone to hit you but you cannot hit them back.

WOW, mom sure looks like a welfare momma to me. has two other kids with different last names also. SHE MUST be an upstanding citizen.(Yea I’m judging a book by its cover so sue me)

n100000690713917_3229.jpg

Barbara's facebook page.

NO, a good teacher didn't lose her job over a thug. That child is only 5. That teacher lost her job because she took things too far. She made that decision all on her own.

That wasn't self defense either, she had 12 kids gang up and punch another child in the face. No one on here said it wasn't ok for the child Jr. hit to hit him back, what isn't ok is this teacher do what she did.

At the rate he is going, not much of a chance. If we could pull off the kid gloves and not worry about being politically correct and get a handle on the problem NOW, there may be a chance. But unfortunately I don’t see that happening.

This is very true. I know a kid who was like this (ex's brother) and he was continuously violent his entire life, until he ended up getting violently murdered by another young man with similar problems. He was in and out of treatment facilities once he became a teen, but it was a little too late then.

Yes, everything they could....even sending them to places like YOU worked! If the child is in treatment it's not going to be an overnight change. It will take some time, as an adult you can either stay at your job or HIT KIDS and go home?!

No, the options, in a poorly run facility, are switch jobs, or stay at your job and hit kids until you get caught. Not hit kids and then go home. The fact of the matter is that most parents are in denial, and don't treat their children. And that most "treatment" especially public funded treatment, is totally useless, and isn't really done correctly.

Their child could very well be in the midst of seeing a psychologists, but even that isn't going to cause an immediate change.

No, there isn't an immediate change, but in the mean time, there needs to be measures in place to protect the other 11 children. And obviously, there weren't.

The sad and unfortunate reality that there are so many parents who really do nothing.

Oh, I agree. I've seen it. I've seen parent's place blame on the teachers for doing or not doing whatever and just treat school as a free childcare. But I've also seen, and am living in the life where parents do everything possible to figure out the problem. It's hard to diagnose children that age with certain mental ailments. If that child wasn't in behavioral theropy before I hope he will be now.

NO, a good teacher didn't lose her job over a thug. That child is only 5. That teacher lost her job because she took things too far. She made that decision all on her own.

That wasn't self defense either, she had 12 kids gang up and punch another child in the face. No one on here said it wasn't ok for the child Jr. hit to hit him back, what isn't ok is this teacher do what she did.

You are missing my point. At NO time did I ever say what the teacher did was a proper course of action. What I said is that a otherwise good teacher was placed in a situation where she made a bad decision because of this little $h1t.

Oh, I agree. I've seen it. I've seen parent's place blame on the teachers for doing or not doing whatever and just treat school as a free childcare. But I've also seen, and am living in the life where parents do everything possible to figure out the problem. It's hard to diagnose children that age with certain mental ailments. If that child wasn't in behavioral theropy before I hope he will be now.

The only judgment that I will make comfortably at this point is that the teacher screwed up. I can understand how she got to the level of frustration but she really did handle it wrong. Without further details, I won't say anything further about the parent(s)/school. I do know that there is a problem child at my daughter's school and the ongoing issue seems to be a combination of the school not fully expressing the severity of the problem and the parents blowing it all off as "normal little boy" behavior.

You are missing my point. At NO time did I ever say what the teacher did was a proper course of action. What I said is that a otherwise good teacher was placed in a situation where she made a bad decision because of this little $h1t.

I just don't see how you can blame her actions on another person. I'm sure the kid is a little jerk, I'd probably not want to be around him either if it's as bad as They say, BUT her actions are her own.

I understand being fed up with a child, I understand having to put your hands on a child in a manner to control them or stop them from hurting you/others, What she did, I don't understand.

Why would you say such a thing?? It is a child! Kids are bad sometimes, that doesn't at all mean they are a "thug" or are going to be nothing more than a member of the life of crime.

And defending YOURSELF when someone hits you is one thing, that is NOT what happened here.

And to say such a thing based on a photo?! I am glad i don't know you and sure hope to never meet you. You are pathetic. <_< JMO

I hate to break it to ya but not all kids are angels. I have been in this business long enough to see a generation grow up, those that bully,steel etc as children usually grow up to do the same as adults. Children who are victims usually grow up to be victimized as adults. That is just my observation over the last 25 years in this business.

I’m profiling here. I based my opinion on the information I have including the pic. Single mom with at least three children, none of which share her last name, even the first names of the children. I base it on what I see every day. Could I be wrong? Sure. But I would bet money that my profile of her is spot on. <30 SWF, living in government subsidized housing, on welfare, at least three children all from different fathers, I would bet that the fathers all are welfare recipients with criminal records. It wouldn’t surprise me if she has a record of some sort also.

You are blaming her bad decision on the child. She was placed in a situation that she should have been able to handle.

I just don't see how you can blame her actions on another person. I'm sure the kid is a little jerk, I'd probably not want to be around him either if it's as bad as They say, BUT her actions are her own.

I understand being fed up with a child, I understand having to put your hands on a child in a manner to control them or stop them from hurting you/others, What she did, I don't understand.

She is solely responsible for her actions. It is just sad that because of this derelict kid she was placed in a position to even have a need to have made the bad decision that she made.

I hate to break it to ya but not all kids are angels. I have been in this business long enough to see a generation grow up, those that bully,steel etc as children usually grow up to do the same as adults. Children who are victims usually grow up to be victimized as adults. That is just my observation over the last 25 years in this business.

I’m profiling here. I based my opinion on the information I have including the pic. Single mom with at least three children, none of which share her last name, even the first names of the children. I base it on what I see every day. Could I be wrong? Sure. But I would bet money that my profile of her is spot on. <30 SWF, living in government subsidized housing, on welfare, at least three children all from different fathers, I would bet that the fathers all are welfare recipients with criminal records. It wouldn’t surprise me if she has a record of some sort also.

PLEASE enlighten me........i see NOWHERE in my post where i said all kids were angels. I believe i actually said that kids can be bad sometimes...THEY ARE KIDS!!! How did you manage to misinterpret my words so badly?? :wacko:

You are blaming her bad decision on the child. She was placed in a situation that she should have been able to handle.

No one without training on how to handle mentally ill children should be expected to be able to handle them consistently for a long period of time.

No one without training on how to handle mentally ill children should be expected to be able to handle them consistently for a long period of time.

Even more the reason SHE being the adult was responsible for asking that he be removed from her class.

PLEASE enlighten me........i see NOWHERE in my post where i said all kids were angels. I believe i actually said that kids can be bad sometimes...THEY ARE KIDS!!! How did you manage to misinterpret my words so badly?? :wacko:

“Why would you say such a thing?? It is a child! Kids are bad sometimes, that doesn't at all mean they are a "thug" or are going to be nothing more than a member of the life of crime.”

I inferred that from your quote above. You appear to be saying that because he is a child that there can be no malice in him, that it is ok for children to misbehave, hit ect, that he is just a child and just because he does these things he should not be called the thug that he is based on his age.

Edited by wcso84

“Why would you say such a thing?? It is a child! Kids are bad sometimes, that doesn't at all mean they are a "thug" or are going to be nothing more than a member of the life of crime.”

I inferred that from your quote above. You appear to be saying that because he is a child that there can be no malice in him, that it is ok for children to misbehave, hit ect, that he is “just a child” and just because he does these things he should not be called the thug that he is based on his age.

I'm not saying it is "ok" for a child to misbehave, but i am saying they do. It happens. They are children. And yes, i still think it is shallow to say is will be a criminal and is a thug simply because he has behaved in a way many children do at his age.

I'm not saying it is "ok" for a child to misbehave, but i am saying they do. It happens. They are children. And yes, i still think it is shallow to say is will be a criminal and is a thug simply because he has behaved in a way many children do at his age.

I certainly hope you are right and I am wrong, but unfortunately there is no way for us to track his development over the next 15 years. If he doesn’t get out of the conditions that he is in now, I believe the odds are stacked against him.

Children represent what they are taught. Obviously, mama isn't a candidate for mother of the year. Her description is probably accurate and the school should have never taken the kid or should have kicked his butt out. I guess we'll see her making her rounds on the talk shows.

There IS a chance BUT only if someone steps in and does something to change him.

Not just him, his living environment is a key factor. For some reason I don’t think his life is full of toys and puppy dogs. Probably more like booz, cigarettes, dope, domestic violence and entitlement.what was that quote "children live what they learn"

Children Learn What They Live

By Dorothy Law Nolte, Ph.D.

If children live with criticism, they learn to condemn.

If children live with hostility, they learn to fight.

If children live with fear, they learn to be apprehensive.

If children live with pity, they learn to feel sorry for themselves.

If children live with ridicule, they learn to feel shy.

If children live with jealousy, they learn to feel envy.

If children live with shame, they learn to feel guilty.

If children live with encouragement, they learn confidence.

If children live with tolerance, they learn patience.

If children live with praise, they learn appreciation.

If children live with acceptance, they learn to love.

If children live with approval, they learn to like themselves.

If children live with recognition, they learn it is good to have a goal.

If children live with sharing, they learn generosity.

If children live with honesty, they learn truthfulness.

If children live with fairness, they learn justice.

If children live with kindness and consideration, they learn respect.

If children live with security, they learn to have faith in themselves and in those about them.

If children live with friendliness, they learn the world is a nice place in which to live.

I certainly hope you are right and I am wrong, but unfortunately there is no way for us to track his development over the next 15 years. If he doesn’t get out of the conditions that he is in now, I believe the odds are stacked against him.

I'm not trying to be right or wrong, im just stating my opinion, which is that he is not necessarily going to grow up into a horrible life because he acts out currently. Your above statement is much better than your past ones (imo), and much more acceptable. You are acknowledging that while the odds may be stacked against him... the outcome you originally portrayed as a definite, isn't.

Even more the reason SHE being the adult was responsible for asking that he be removed from her class.

She probably did. And even if she didn't, obviously she'd reported alot of problems with the child. Either way, the administrators there should have removed him, and didn't.

Children represent what they are taught. Obviously, mama isn't a candidate for mother of the year. Her description is probably accurate and the school should have never taken the kid or should have kicked his butt out. I guess we'll see her making her rounds on the talk shows.

I'm on the fence with this one. It seems very realistic but isn't always the case. My mom is a drug addict and doesn't deserve to be called a mom (im sure many can relate), however i am not, and i think i am a good mom. My parents always made racist comments growing up, although i was around that my entire life, i am nowhere near racist. Just a couple examples. May be poor ones.

Anyways, Yes your parents obviously have an influence, but at the same time i don't believe it's accurate to say that every child represents their parents. (or who taught them)

Just as a sidenote: i don't think this came out as well in writing as it is in my head. :blush:

I'm on the fence with this one. It seems very realistic but isn't always the case. My mom is a drug addict and doesn't deserve to be called a mom (im sure many can relate), however i am not, and i think i am a good mom. My parents always made racist comments growing up, although i was around that my entire life, i am nowhere near racist. Just a couple examples. May be poor ones.

Anyways, Yes your parents obviously have an influence, but at the same time i don't believe it's accurate to say that every child represents their parents. (or who taught them)

Just as a sidenote: i don't think this came out as well in writing as it is in my head. :blush:

You're a great mom. :)

and I agree that kids mimic what they see, but not everything they see is from there parents. They are in school 8 hours a day with other children. My son has picked up a few habits, words, and phrases that we don't use in our house, from classmates.

Aliens????