Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
Mommy2Peyton&Zaine

Unemployment Question

I would check their website. I had just heard something about if they were continuing all the tiers or not, and I'm pretty sure there were 4 tiers. Whatever you do, keep certifying each week.

My first tier ended last week but I got a letter on Friday or Saturday to keep certifying. Apparently, you don't have to apply for the extensions. At least that is what I gathered from the letter which even an attorney would have difficulty understanding.

My 2nd tier Emergency is about in end in 2 weeks and I was wondering is there another emergency extension I can apply for or is that all I will get?

TIA

My first tier ended last week but I got a letter on Friday or Saturday to keep certifying. Apparently, you don't have to apply for the extensions. At least that is what I gathered from the letter which even an attorney would have difficulty understanding.

Thank you I finally just spoke to someone and she said if my unemployment ends before April.3 I should beable to get the next one. And my last week is April.3 so hopefully I will get it.

I also have a question, not to hijack your thread. I've been working a temporary job for the past 8 weeks or so, full time, and it may end soon. Should I be able to get unemployment when the assignment ends? I've had two different people tell me different things.

To use the standard accounting answer: it depends. You would just have to check with the DOL to find out. Seems as though that is what the woman I talked with at the DOL was there for--to apply after losing her temp job, which she had after losing her regular job.

I also have a question, not to hijack your thread. I've been working a temporary job for the past 8 weeks or so, full time, and it may end soon. Should I be able to get unemployment when the assignment ends? I've had two different people tell me different things.

To use the standard accounting answer: it depends. You would just have to check with the DOL to find out. Seems as though that is what the woman I talked with at the DOL was there for--to apply after losing her temp job, which she had after losing her regular job.

Yeah, mine is a situation where I left a job where I was getting few hours and no money to take a temp job that was supposed to be temp to perm, until the business decided to downsize. Luckily after after 2 months I was able to get another assignment, but it looks like this one is just temp.

Does anyone else find their letters to be both a waste of paper and postage? It is never clear what they mean. If you call to ask, they tell you you need to come in because they can't discuss it on the phone. You go to the office, stand in line, and then get told to keep certifying every week. Well duh.

When my last extension ran out I had to go into the office. Everyone kept telling me just to keep certifying but I found out if I didn't go in I would not have been given anymore money.