Paulding.com

ACORN WILL BE CLOSING ITS OPERATIONS.........

WHAT DID I MISS? :rofl:

(CNN) - The community organizing group ACORN announced Monday it is closing its operations.

The announcement came after the board of the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now met Sunday and approved the steps required "to responsibly manage the process of bringing its operations to a close over the coming months," an ACORN statement read.

The group's remaining state affiliates and field offices will shut down by April 1 and a plan will be developed to pay its debts, it said.

FROM CNN

ahhhhhh! I found this at FOXNEWS!

It's long overdue.

At least, some GOOD news.

ACORN Closing in Wake of Scandal

CHICAGO The once mighty community activist group ACORN announced Monday it is folding amid falling revenues six months after video footage emerged showing some of its workers giving tax tips to conservative activists posing as a pimp and prostitute.

"It's really declining revenue in the face of a series of attacks from partisan operatives and right-wing activist that have taken away our ability to raise the resources we need," ACORN spokesman Kevin Whelan said.

Several of its largest affiliates, including ACORN New York and ACORN California, broke away this year and changed their names in a bid to ditch the tarnished image of their parent organization and restore revenue that ran dry in the wake of the video scandal. They will continue to operate under their new names and aren't affected by ACORN's decision to shut down.

ACORN's financial situation and reputation went into free fall within days of the videos' release in September. Congress reacted by yanking ACORN's federal funding, private donors held back cash and scores of ACORN offices closed.

Earlier this month, a U.S. judge reiterated an earlier ruling that the federal law blacklisting ACORN and groups allied with it was unconstitutional because it singled them out. But that didn't mean any money would be automatically be restored.

rest of the story

:lol:

This is so funny!

"ACORN has faced a series of well-orchestrated, relentless, well-funded right wing attacks that are unprecedented since the McCarthy era," she said. "The videos were a manufactured, sensational story that led to rush to judgment and an unconstitutional act by Congress."

Acorn is disbanding under that name. They will be branching out into several organizations with new names. I read this a couple of weeks ago so don't ask me what the new names are. Okay here are a few of the new branch names.

http://www.google.co...fAZA6AD9EEVUT80

One of the latest groups to adopt a new name is ACORN Housing, long one of the best-funded affiliates. Now, the group is calling itself the Affordable Housing Centers of America.

Others changing their names include what were among the largest affiliates: California ACORN is now Alliance of Californians for Community Empowerment, and New York ACORN has become New York Communities for Change. More are expected to follow suit.

Acorn is disbanding under that name. They will be branching out into several organizations with new names. I read this a couple of weeks ago so don't ask me what the new names are. Okay here are a few of the new branch names.

One of the latest groups to adopt a new name is ACORN Housing, long one of the best-funded affiliates. Now, the group is calling itself the Affordable Housing Centers of America.

Others changing their names include what were among the largest affiliates: California ACORN is now Alliance of Californians for Community Empowerment, and New York ACORN has become New York Communities for Change. More are expected to follow suit.

Anyone know what the Paulding County branch of ACORN is going to be called?

Great minds, you know the rest. :) I was just going to say this, they are just reorganizing so they can get all that government money again!! Nothing's changed but their name. :D They've split it up so next time someone screws up, just one branch will lose funding not everyone. Pay attention to the hand you don't really see moving. :)

I would also venture to guess none of them will have over 49 employees. ;)

Great minds, you know the rest. smile.gif I was just going to say this, they are just reorganizing so they can get all that government money again!! Nothing's changed but their name. biggrin.gif They've split it up so next time someone screws up, just one branch will lose funding not everyone. Pay attention to the hand you don't really see moving. smile.gif

I would also venture to guess none of them will have over 49 employees. wink.gif

They will get it from this Administration too. No matter how corrupt they are. You know all about Chicago style politics though.dry.gif

They will get it from this Administration too. No matter how corrupt they are. You know all about Chicago style politics though.dry.gif

Good to know things haven't changed much in the 27 years since I finally got out of that place. But then again, they've been that way for at least 100 years.

Their money will be flowing again. Wonder which attorney gave them this advice?? Know anyone that's an attorney that's closely tied to this group?? :)

Good to know things haven't changed much in the 27 years since I finally got out of that place. But then again, they've been that way for at least 100 years.

Their money will be flowing again. Wonder which attorney gave them this advice?? Know anyone that's an attorney that's closely tied to this group?? smile.gif

Think they all live in Washington DC now.laugh.gif

(CNN) - The community organizing group ACORN announced Monday it is closing its operations.

The announcement came after the board of the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now met Sunday and approved the steps required "to responsibly manage the process of bringing its operations to a close over the coming months," an ACORN statement read.

The group's remaining state affiliates and field offices will shut down by April 1 and a plan will be developed to pay its debts, it said.

FROM CNN

:drinks: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :yahoo:

FROM CNN

I suspect that because of all their illegal activity, they are closing down, only to resurface under one or more different names doing the same illegal things that they've always done in support of the Democraps.

I say they will change the name and stay in business.angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif But I hope not.

I'm afraid you're probably correct. Like shyster contractors, they'll appear to go away, then crank up business under another acronym. <_<

Look for this to emerge:

Neighbors Uniting Thugs, Criminals And Slugs for Election

N.U.T.C.A.S.E

I kinda like it and it stays with the "nut" theme. I better hurry up and get the trademark so they'll have to buy it from me....with your money! :lol: