Paulding.com

So Much Crap ....

AAAACCCCKKKK!!!

Sorry, but I just can't take it no more!

Steps need to happen to move forward or no movement happens. Get out of your box and make a difference. You may not like today's change, then get involved & educated & support & change it! Put your typing skills to use and MAKE A CHANGE!

From a movie (corny, but worth saying) with snippage :):

America isn't easy. America is advanced citizenship. You gotta want it bad, 'cause it's gonna put up a fight. It's gonna say "You want free speech? Let's see you acknowledge a man whose words make your blood boil, who's standing center stage and advocating at the top of his lungs that which you would spend a lifetime opposing at the top of yours. You want to claim this land as the land of the free? Then the symbol of your country can't just be a flag; the symbol also has to be one of its citizens exercising his right to burn that flag in protest. Show me that, defend that, celebrate that in your classrooms. Then, you can stand up and sing about the "land of the free".

XXX devotes so much time and energy to shouting at the rain was that he simply didn't get it. Well, I was wrong. XXX's problem isn't that he doesn't get it. XXX's problem is that he can't sell it. Nobody has ever won an election by talking about what I was just talking about. This is a country made up of people with hard jobs that they're terrified of losing. The roots of freedom are of little or no interest to them at the moment. We are a nation afraid to go out at night. We're a society that has assigned low priority to education and has looked the other way while our public schools have been decimated. We have serious problems to solve, and we need serious "people" to solve them. And whatever your particular problem is, friend, I promise you, XXX is not the least bit interested in solving it. He/She is interested in two things and two things only: making you afraid of it and telling you who's to blame for it.

We've got serious problems, and we need serious "people" to solve them.

So ... DO IT!

AAAACCCCKKKK!!!

Steps need to happen to move forward or no movement happens. Get out of your box and make a difference. You may not like today's change, then get involved & educated & support & change it! Put your typing skills to use and MAKE A CHANGE!

America isn't easy. America is advanced citizenship. You gotta want it bad, 'cause it's gonna put up a fight. It's gonna say "You want free speech? Let's see you acknowledge a man whose words make your blood boil, who's standing center stage and advocating at the top of his lungs that which you would spend a lifetime opposing at the top of yours. You want to claim this land as the land of the free? Then the symbol of your country can't just be a flag; the symbol also has to be one of its citizens exercising his right to burn that flag in protest. Show me that, defend that, celebrate that in your classrooms. Then, you can stand up and sing about the "land of the free".

XXX devotes so much time and energy to shouting at the rain was that he simply didn't get it. Well, I was wrong. XXX's problem isn't that he doesn't get it. XXX's problem is that he can't sell it. Nobody has ever won an election by talking about what I was just talking about. This is a country made up of people with hard jobs that they're terrified of losing. The roots of freedom are of little or no interest to them at the moment. We are a nation afraid to go out at night. We're a society that has assigned low priority to education and has looked the other way while our public schools have been decimated. We have serious problems to solve, and we need serious "people" to solve them. And whatever your particular problem is, friend, I promise you, XXX is not the least bit interested in solving it. He/She is interested in two things and two things only: making you afraid of it and telling you who's to blame for it.

So ... DO IT!

JMO but from what I have read, most commenting on the issue at hand are educated, supportive of their parties, and trying to make a difference with letters/ phone calls to their respective representatives. What more can they really do? This was not in our hands and while a majority of the country disagreed with it, it was done anyway. This board is a way for them to discuss and debate the issue. Even with it being a major change in history for this country it was shuffled off to the Political forum, so most are not even seeing it. (one I know was closed because it spoke of the dreaded A word, even though that was a major point in the bill going through) So I guess I am asking what do you really want people to do? Just not discuss a major event in the U.S.?

my feathered friend has her feathers ruffled LOL I don't believe I have ever seen you post like this

good point though.

:blush:

Thanks LR ... I have been bad before, just not caught :lol:)

I'm just tired of hearing "blah blah blah" & "yap yap yap" today. I got off my butt to supoort the causes I saw/see affect me (not just here), time for others to do the same. If you don't like what you see than do something about it than just bitch, understand it and push forward. The only thing that will change is that things will change.

• Like 1

JMO but from what I have read, most commenting on the issue at hand are educated, supportive of their parties, and trying to make a difference with letters/ phone calls to their respective representatives. What more can they really do? This was not in our hands and while a majority of the country disagreed with it, it was done anyway. This board is a way for them to discuss and debate the issue. Even with it being a major change in history for this country it was shuffled off to the Political forum, so most are not even seeing it. (one I know was closed because it spoke of the dreaded A word, even though that was a major point in the bill going through) So I guess I am asking what do you really want people to do? Just not discuss a major event in the U.S.?

I hear you, I do.

Be vocal and learn - not all the issues are black/white (clear cut, perspective) mostly shades of gray. Don't settle and do not be boxed in. Don't be silent for those not as "special" as you are. Today will be different, plan for tomorrow.

I don't know tomorrow holds, but the road to today has been different than I planned - I'm sure it will not be the same the future ... I want options :)

AAAACCCCKKKK!!!

So ... DO IT!

Love your way of thinking!!

AAAACCCCKKKK!!!

So ... DO IT!

That's all nice and dandy, but WE do not make the laws anymore. Lobbyists do. "The People" have no say in our government anymore, and have not for quite a while....a long while. Lobbyists pay our Congressmen to pass whatever they pay them to. It's corruption at its finest, and it grows stronger every day. I believe T. Jefferson would be turning over in his grave that we have NOT come out en masse to display our disenchantment and down-right outrage at what our government is like now. Yet, here we are....burning down to the ground, and no one seems motivated to do a damned thing about it. Fixing it won't be pretty, but it's more necessary now than ever before, lest we lose everything that stands for a FREE SOCIETY.

That's all nice and dandy, but WE do not make the laws anymore. Lobbyists do. "The People" have no say in our government anymore, and have not for quite a while....a long while. Lobbyists pay our Congressmen to pass whatever they pay them to. It's corruption at its finest, and it grows stronger every day. I believe T. Jefferson would be turning over in his grave that we have NOT come out en masse to display our disenchantment and down-right outrage at what our government is like now. Yet, here we are....burning down to the ground, and no one seems motivated to do a damned thing about it. Fixing it won't be pretty, but it's more necessary now than ever before, lest we lose everything that stands for a FREE SOCIETY.

So now that the federal government has shown that they don't care what the people want, turn your efforts towards the state government. There is currently an effort to get a state constitutional amendment to opt out of the federal insurance nightmare. Got on the phone, start writing emails, write letters to all of your state government officials and let your voice be heard.

So now that the federal government has shown that they don't care what the people want, turn your efforts towards the state government. There is currently an effort to get a state constitutional amendment to opt out of the federal insurance nightmare. Got on the phone, start writing emails, write letters to all of your state government officials and let your voice be heard.

Yep!! I want out!

LOL...you really expect Americans these days to stand up and fight for anything? They're too busy with their sweet 16 brackets or their future college football drafts, or they have their heads too far up Oprah's arse to know what's happening to our country. They can tell you who they voted for on American Idol and who is left standing, but they don't know who their congressman or state representative is and they don't really care. All they want to do is sit back and let someone else, (the government by way of hard working taxpayers ) take care of them and their daily needs. The hell with working hard anymore, just lay back, become a baby factory and life is dandy with money coming in on a monthly basis. Can life be any greater ?

LOL...you really expect Americans these days to stand up and fight for anything? They're too busy with their sweet 16 brackets or their future college football drafts, or they have their heads too far up Oprah's arse to know what's happening to our country. They can tell you who they voted for on American Idol and who is left standing, but they don't know who their congressman or state representative is and they don't really care. All they want to do is sit back and let someone else, (the government by way of hard working taxpayers ) take care of them and their daily needs. The hell with working hard anymore, just lay back, become a baby factory and life is dandy with money coming in on a monthly basis. Can life be any greater ?

Well stated. ;)

Well stated. ;)

I agree! Summed up perfectly!