Paulding.com

Crime scene tape, medical examiners, and police in the area of Ivey Gulledge and Colbert Road.... late Friday afternoon, from what I have heard joggers found a person that was hung from a tree in a cul de sac in a undeveloped development? Does anyone know what happened? How does one hang themselves from a tree? I thought there would be something here on this. Has anyone heard what could have happened?

Wouldn't that have been in the news? Not saying it didn't happen, but that's a pretty gruesome story that would have made a splash I should think. RE: hanging one's self, in the movies, they stand on a chair and kick it out from under themselves.

Wouldn't someone from Friday night post this because they would have heard it on the scanner? I know, when I went to the store on the corner of Old Cartersville road and Ivy Gulledge, the girl asked me what was going on and why all the officers and such where going down that road. I know that was some time in the afternoon or early evening.

Edited by Lucky64

Sherrif said they havent heard anything but to call back in the morning and ask for investigations. hopw this helps.

They haven't "heard anything" LOL... I would think we are not so big a county that if it did happen they would not have heard!

Thank you for calling. I really do hope it is not true!

Corporal Gurley just sent the following report.

TV news stations did call to inquire about this "death investigation." The media usually does not cover suicide. Once they learned that the early indication was "possible suicide" they chose not to cover the story. I informed them that I would contact them if the investigation indicated otherwise.

Stories of public interest in our county does get covered by the media. However, they never cover these types of cases unless it involves a high profile individual or other sensational event.

This incident appears to be an isolated event and does not lead us to believe that there is a cause for public alarm.

Okay so it was a suicide? Am I reading that right?

Prayers for the family.

Cherokeewoman generally only posts very late at night or very early in the morning. Hopefully she'll chime in again this evening or early tomorrow morning. :)

Thank you!

Lucky 64, rumors go around, sorry I do not get on line all the time......a body found in Paulding County, in a close area, wanted to know if anyone knew what happened.... Thanks Boss Hogg for the information.... prayers for the family.... rumors true, just thought it was strange that some one would go to this area and hang theirselves from a tree, and could not understand how they could do it on their own....just a strange situation in a close area....

Does anybody know whether this was a man or woman? From personal experience, someone who is very dear to me (and I hope that I am not making light of the situation) husband was so despondent that he did exactly the same thing. Just walked into the woods and hanged himself. I hope this person was found quickly and not for days. Sad, just so sad. Prayers for the family who has to deal with this. There will be so many questions they will ask themselves and so much blame that needs to be dealt with. Nobody can save someone who is determined to commit suicide.

Me too. I'd hate to be jogging along and have a rope fall out of a tree and wrap itself around my neck. I think I saw that on a movie one time.

His name was Don. He was a really nice man who 5 years ago had good life. Nice house, beautiful wife, a job.... but things change. He drank a little too much and lost everything either through his addiction or the bad economy. He had lost everything and was living out in the woods behind the new school. His ex wife found out he was staying back there and walked over to check on him and discovered his body. A really sad situation. My prayers go out to the family.

So Sad... Thing could get much worse for all of us when the un-employment benefits run out. 6 million American's are outta work and more. They keep extending them but when it runs out, lots of folks will be in bigger trouble. sorry to be so depression this early in the day. WOW, Hopefully he is in a better place... but who knows?