Paulding.com

Cedar Creek Subdivision News Crews?

Well, if this idiot is doing this again and it has been reported time and time again, why hasn't the police picked him up? There is NO EXCUSE for this!

Based on the information given, what law has he broken?

Creepy? Yes.

Needs to be watched? Yes.

But no crime has yet been reported.

This is my sister's neighborhood. My brother-in-law and several others have called the police concerning a man following the school bus.

When he was confronted the by my brother-in-law he said he was looking at a house for sale. When he was asked by someone else he told them he was a private detective.

Police were called and responded.

I hope they catch this guy because something is not right. My sister stayed home from work today to make sure all the kids at the bus stop got on the bus with no problems.

Just be careful and make sure you pay attention.

Creepy? Yes.

They need to stop him BEFORE he does something...They know he is following buses and giving neighbors different excuses. Nothing good is going to come out of this....I remember him here in New Hope.

They need to stop him BEFORE he does something...They know he is following buses and giving neighbors different excuses. Nothing good is going to come out of this....I remember him here in New Hope.

Hopefully he can be deterred. There isn't much else that can be done because, no matter how creepy, he does have rights. Maybe knowing that folks are watching will keep him from trying anything. Or better yet, with enough folks watching he may be caught at something "not so bad" that is actionable.

Has he been following the buses in the morning or in the afternoon?

Creepy? Yes.

Nobody seems to want to answer this. I guess just following a school bus should be enough to lock someone up.

What happens to the poor person who ends up behind the same school bus every day on their way to work?

This is really scary. If he does stop because people are are watching or are on to him he'll just find somewhere else to target. I live in New Hope and didn't even know he was in this area last year. I guess I need to spend even more time on P.com :) .

Edited by brown*eyed*girl

Nobody seems to want to answer this. I guess just following a school bus should be enough to lock someone up.

What happens to the poor person who ends up behind the same school bus every day on their way to work?

He is going IN the subdivision to follow the school buses.

He is going IN the subdivision to follow the school buses.

So that rules out the person leaving the neighborhood and getting stuck but it still isn't illegal.

Is anybody actually sure that it is the same guy that was raising suspicion in New Hope?

I'm surprised someone hasn't gone vigilante on this guy yet, and by the way, no private detective worth their salt would be as repetitive/predictable as this guy.

I know, right? And a PI with a bright red truck? :nea:

At this point, can we not at least get a suspicious person alert sent out on nixie or something? Kids who's parents don't watch the news or get on p.com today need protecting, too.

I know, right? And a PI with a bright red truck? :nea:

At this point, can we not at least get a suspicious person alert sent out on nixie or something? Kids who's parents don't watch the news or get on p.com today need protecting, too.

I'm sure that if the SO believes there is reason to be concerned, they will issue a Nixle.

I'm sure that if the SO believes there is reason to be concerned, they will issue a Nixle.

I thought that was the whole point. People are getting concerned. Concerned enough to call a news station out to cover it. I'm sure the SO is aware of the potential outcome of this pattern of behavior.

They can't very well go arrest the guy at this point but they can alert parents.

I thought that was the whole point. People are getting concerned. Concerned enough to call a news station out to cover it. I'm sure the SO is aware of the potential outcome of this pattern of behavior.

They can't very well go arrest the guy at this point but they can alert parents.

People's concerns do not always equal LE concerns. I hope certainly hope the neighbors have asked LE to come check it out before they called the news to come out. If LE has spoken with the man and the feel there is nothing to be concerned over, they would not issue a Nixle. If the neighbors called the news before having LE investigate, well... I can't think of a nice way of putting what I'm thinking so I'll just leave it at that. :lol:

Of course it is possible that LE has been called and not had a chance to talk with the guy yet.

People's concerns do not always equal LE concerns. I hope certainly hope the neighbors have asked LE to come check it out before they called the news to come out. If LE has spoken with the man and the feel there is nothing to be concerned over, they would not issue a Nixle. If the neighbors called the news before having LE investigate, well... I can't think of a nice way of putting what I'm thinking so I'll just leave it at that. :lol:

Of course it is possible that LE has been called and not had a chance to talk with the guy yet.

The news guy reported that the SO had several cars "swarming" the neighborhood trying to find the guy to talk to him. They had a direct shot of the tag number in one of the photos so I'm not sure why LE wouldn't be able to track the person down.

BTW, there was a handicapped sign before the numbers on the license plate. So if you see this truck, call me immediately...I need to sell a house! :lol: All joking aside, I'm happy to know that we watch out for each other out here. Even if the guy is just trying to find a house....which I would happily sell to him. :D

We need to let our children to watch for this truck. Make sure they know not to talk to this guy and to run to the nearest house to let a grown up know. Our kids need to know about this so they can protect themselves.

It seems like someone was looking for a good neighborhood a while back and somebody said to check out the kids at the bus stop to tell what kind of people live in the neighborhood.

Maybe that was bad advice. :o Still, all it would take would be one conversation with the police officers to straighten it out. Hopefully the officers will continue to show up at bus time, even if just sporatically. Common sense says he won't be scouting that neighborhood again, though.

We need to let our children to watch for this truck. Make sure they know not to talk to this guy and to run to the nearest house to let a grown up know. Our kids need to know about this so they can protect themselves.

Exactly. What can it hurt to have children be more alert?

This is very alarming. I mean, yeah, there is always potential for this to be some sort of misunderstanding, but this screams red flag. If so many people have seen him following school buses and acting suspiciously, that is a very good reason to be alarmed. It sounds to me like he is following buses either waiting for a child to be caught walking off alone or watching to observe the homes they go into...maybe so that he can be assured they are home alone after school so that one day he can snatch them up or knock on the door.

You would certainly never want to jump to conclusions and accuse an innocent person of something like this, but people are alarmed by his behavior--more than just one or two people--and what he is doing *is* odd, and when it comes to the possibilities of what could happen, it is not something to be ignored. If he ended up killing a child next week, people would wonder why more was not done when people had reported the suspicious behavior. Well, this is the opportunity to at least locate him and have LE speak with him and let him know they are aware of what he has been doing. If he is a true threat, though, he will most likely just try a different method...but, as said, we can only do so much.

Wonder if it is the little red truck that people in New Hope were concerned about a year or so ago.

That is exactly the first thing I thought too! Could it be?

Could this be considered stalking of some sort?

Last summer or early fall, my friend posted here about a red truck with a man who approached her son's friend and tried to get him to go get ice cream or something. I just went back and found the thread...red truck. Doesn't automatically mean it's the same guy, but same area, same color truck...not that long ago...

This is also the same subdivision that the little girl was out wandering down Hwy 61 and folks was stopping to find out where she lived.

Crap...this is right down the skreet from my trailer crib! dang it :ninja:

So that brings another possible aspect to it. He may be investigating for DFACS. He sucks at being discreet ... but he may well be checking up on some things related to that. Does that family have any older kids?

Unless laws have changed, DFACS workers have to call ahead to visit. Makes a lot of sense, huh? I don't know if they would be allowed to "hang out" and investigate. That would be actually allowing them do their job. :pardon:

The truck from the New Hope incident is not bright red, but dull red and has paint missing on it. The puppy is no longer a puppy - but a full grown dog that rides up front with him.

I got behind the truck a while back when the thread about him and the truck were going on.

I would certainly say this man is a "person of interest", but until he breaks a law - there really isn't much that can be done other than keep an eye on the children and aren't parents suppose to be doing that anyway?

Well, finally a Nixle report. Not a criminal. Really bad PI obviously!

Advisory Message has been issued by the Paulding County Sheriff's Office.

Thursday March 18, 2010 12:03 PM EDT

Media reports of a vehicle possibly following children in Cedar Creek Subd have been confirmed as NOT TRUE.

The Paulding County Sheriff's Office has located the suspicious vehicle and person that has been seen over the past several days in Cedar Creek subdivision and confirmed that the person was in the neighborhood for a legitimate purpose. No crime was ever committed.

The media was notified by homeowners of Cedar Creek yesterday and advised of the suspicious red Dodge Dakota that was seen following school buses in to the neighborhood. Although suspicious, there were no indications that this person was looking to commit a crime. Information obtained early in to the investigation actually suggested that the person may be a private investigator.

This information was relayed to the media when they called to confirm the reports that they received from the concerned parents. We did verify that we were looking for this suspicious vehicle, but that we did not have any indication that our community or citizens were in any increased danger because of this activity.

Had we believed that a direct threat existed to our citizens, a Nixle alert would have been immediately issued to notify our community of this threat.

The vehicle and person was located today by our Crimes against Children unit. They confirmed that the driver of that vehicle was a licensed private investigator working a case in the area of Cedar Creek subdivision. They confirmed the dates and times that he was in that area. That information matched the reports that we had received from complainants. The private investigator was in the area for a legitimate purpose and no crime was committed.

For full details, go to http://local.nixle.com/alert/1542766/

Advisory Message has been issued by the Paulding County Sheriff's Office.

Thursday March 18, 2010 12:03 PM EDT

Media reports of a vehicle possibly following children in Cedar Creek Subd have been confirmed as NOT TRUE.

The Paulding County Sheriff's Office has located the suspicious vehicle and person that has been seen over the past several days in Cedar Creek subdivision and confirmed that the person was in the neighborhood for a legitimate purpose. No crime was ever committed.

The media was notified by homeowners of Cedar Creek yesterday and advised of the suspicious red Dodge Dakota that was seen following school buses in to the neighborhood. Although suspicious, there were no indications that this person was looking to commit a crime. Information obtained early in to the investigation actually suggested that the person may be a private investigator.

This information was relayed to the media when they called to confirm the reports that they received from the concerned parents. We did verify that we were looking for this suspicious vehicle, but that we did not have any indication that our community or citizens were in any increased danger because of this activity.

Had we believed that a direct threat existed to our citizens, a Nixle alert would have been immediately issued to notify our community of this threat.

The vehicle and person was located today by our Crimes against Children unit. They confirmed that the driver of that vehicle was a licensed private investigator working a case in the area of Cedar Creek subdivision. They confirmed the dates and times that he was in that area. That information matched the reports that we had received from complainants. The private investigator was in the area for a legitimate purpose and no crime was committed.

For full details, go to http://local.nixle.com/alert/1542766/

Contact Information:

Cpl. Brandon Gurley

Public Information Office

770-443-3010 bgurley@paulding.gov

To manage your text and email settings, please log into your account at http://local.nixle.com/accounts/login/.