Paulding.com

Calling all baseball mom's

oxyclean powder.

sprinkle some of it on the grass/mud stain, then add enough water to make a paste.

rub it in and let it set a half hour.

then toss it in the wash with regular detergent and bleach.

i wash on hot. if you're worried about the pants shrinkin, use warm wash/cold rinse.

Murphy's Oil Soap works good on red clay. I used it many years ago when my son was a catcher and had white pants. I would use a tooth brush and rub it in the spots and then wash them in the washer.

It also works good on oily mechanics clothes!!!

Iron Out & White Brite are both good products for getting out the mud stains. The odor is HORRIBLE, and I only use it as a last resort.

Another baseball mom gave me her secret. It's a bar soap called Fels-Naptha. It is amazing! (It's also very cheap at about a buck a bar.)

Using hot water, I wet the pants and then rub the soap directly on the stain. Within a few minutes, the mud rinses right out. Then I launder regularly.

The soap actually has a lot of uses. Check it out!

Fels-Naptha

I have to agree with the Iron out. It works miracles. It does stink really bad. never use it on colors, but on solid white it will get anything out.And like someone said don't let it soak too long, it will start to rust the zipper.

I use cascade or grease Lighting... Another trick, when you first get the white pants or even gray spray with scotch guard let it sit over nite and dry good before you wash or let them play in them. We did it for our All-Star team and it kept their pants white the whole summer!!!

We use the oxyclean spray....FYI don't kill yourself trying to get it perfect. Our son ends up with white pants almost every season and the second you get them perfectly white again the next game is right around the corner. :blink: Then you are back to scrubbing your arm off.

Iron Out & White Brite are both good products for getting out the mud stains. The odor is HORRIBLE, and I only use it as a last resort.

Another baseball mom gave me her secret. It's a bar soap called Fels-Naptha. It is amazing! (It's also very cheap at about a buck a bar.)

Using hot water, I wet the pants and then rub the soap directly on the stain. Within a few minutes, the mud rinses right out. Then I launder regularly.

Fels-Naptha

I agree - works wonders on white baseball pants and even takes out the Georgia red clay!

Fels-Naptha

It works on baby formula too? I have to go grab a bar.

Fels-Naptha

After years of scrubbing &soaking over & over I found out about this bar! It is awesome!!!

Don't ever put them in the dryer. It is impossible to get out stains after they are dried in dryer, unless something new has been invented since my kids were younger that I don't know about.

Don't ever put them in the dryer. It is impossible to get out stains after they are dried in dryer, unless something new has been invented since my kids were younger that I don't know about.

Don't count out Fels-Naptha! Last week, I had to be out late, so I asked my husband to start the baseball laundry. He went ahead and washed and dried the baseball pants with only a spray of Shout! (The HORROR!!!)

Anyway, the next night, I rubbed FN into the knee stain like I normally do, rinsed them and washed with hot water. It came out! I'm telling you, it's the =@

I haven't found anything yet that it won't get out! (I even spilled grease on my favorite pair of khakis. I thought they were finished. Nope - came right out!) :wub: Fels-Naptha! (And it smells good, too!) :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

"Iron Out" watch out for the odor!!! I soak them in warm water with iron out and no scrubbing...

Iron out works great! Just be careful and don't soak them in the sink. We hada friend that had to replace the pipes becasue the iron out ate through them. That should tell you how strong it is! It WORKS!!

How the crap do you get white baseball pants clean? What do you use? :blink: :lol:

I spray spray & wash on the stains. let it sit for at least 5 minutes but if you want to go to bed let it sit overnight. then put oxiclean powder in the washer and your regular detergent. set washer on pre soak, whitest white (longest wash) and wash on hot. that is right NEVER dry pants let hang to dry. get all pants perfect every time. if a stain is still in repeat i have only had to repeat a couple times in 10 years. good luck

we don't use white pants. it's stupid. if it's ever brought up I use as much influence as I can to discourage anyone from voting for white pants.

You don't get a vote in high school--you take what they give you. I doubt any parents tell the coach his choice was stupid.