Paulding.com

My pet peeve for the day

OK - last night I had one of my posts moved and the other closed and I don't know why so if I'm offensive, please let me know...I don't mean to be.

OK....2010 Census vent - today I splurged and had a manicure. As I sat down, I realized the several of the stations had travel mugs with 2010 Census in large letters and then I noticed tote bags also. Some writing, but 2010 Census in very large lettering. So, I asked the girl where they came from. Well, they all live in the same apartment complex (in Gwinnett - although this salon is in Kennesaw) and the census workers came thru talking to them and handing out free stuff.

I was sorta surprised at the amount of people who supported that ad that ran during the SuperBowl - so what are your thoughts on "freebies"? Oh, she said they had "other things", but they chose the travel mugs and totes!

The information was moved to paulding place because when it is in the cafe, it is hoovered by google and ogled by the world. In Paulding Place it is not quite as public.

The reason we do that is that we don't want some nosy reporter from the NYTimes doing a story on welfare fraud to find your topic and make it look like Paulding is a hot-bed of disability fraud (which they could and which it is not.)

As noted in the "dumb new members question' on why we don't use 'real names' ... I responded:

The presumption of anonymity does not mean everyone is, and will be anonymous. Rather that you have greater control over what you disclose.

Heck, if you look close enough, you can find my personal email and cell phone number on the site ...

Oh, and when things get sent to the optional forums like Paulding Place ... often these are arguments, and topics that seem to be a bit too public ... and political and religious opinions - it is because we are protective of the privacy of those who post here. These are password protected and we move these topics there as quickly as we can to keep them out of google ... which is a big hoover sucking up the net hourly.

Also, unlike FB etc. we don't use the information you provide to send those with PMS midol commercials, those with dandriff hair care commercials or those with ... well you get the difference. Place like FB exploit the information you provide them while we are intentionally protective of your privacy.

This, BTW, is the core of the small town ethic. We want to know all the dirty linen but we don't want those outside the community to have that kind of knowledge and access because they are outside the community. That's the way it was in the small town I grew up in and it is the same here and throughout smaller communities.

The other topic was closed because the question of where it went was asked and answered.

pubby

OK - last night I had one of my posts moved and the other closed and I don't know why so if I'm offensive, please let me know...I don't mean to be.

OK....2010 Census vent - today I splurged and had a manicure. As I sat down, I realized the several of the stations had travel mugs with 2010 Census in large letters and then I noticed tote bags also. Some writing, but 2010 Census in very large lettering. So, I asked the girl where they came from. Well, they all live in the same apartment complex (in Gwinnett - although this salon is in Kennesaw) and the census workers came thru talking to them and handing out free stuff.

I was sorta surprised at the amount of people who supported that ad that ran during the SuperBowl - so what are your thoughts on "freebies"? Oh, she said they had "other things", but they chose the travel mugs and totes!

I don't think our tax dollars are being spent wisely. Course that is nothing new. I was surprised to hear on the news how many jobs are still open with the Census. I would have thought that with all of the folks out of work every one would be filled. Seems the issue is that they need folks who speak foreign languages to take the Census. I thought there was something wrong with that picture. If you only speak English (in America) they can't hire you to take the Census in America. blink.gif

The information was moved to paulding place because when it is in the cafe, it is hoovered by google and ogled by the world. In Paulding Place it is not quite as public.

The reason we do that is that we don't want some nosy reporter from the NYTimes doing a story on welfare fraud to find your topic and make it look like Paulding is a hot-bed of disability fraud (which they could and which it is not.)

As noted in the "dumb new members question' on why we don't use 'real names' ... I responded:

The other topic was closed because the question of where it went was asked and answered.

pubby

Thanks - just thought I'd po'd the powers that be :blush: (the mrs)

Edited by davidj6

wait a minute.

davidj6 got a manicure and has a hubby.

this is the important part.

:rofl: I was wondering if I was the only one that caught that...

Mrs. Davidj6 needs to get her own account so we will know who we are talking to :rofl:

:rofl: I was wondering if I was the only one that caught that...

Mrs. Davidj6 needs to get her own account so we will know who we are talking to :rofl:

ok. the mrs davidj6 has a husband.

reckon which one of 'um got they nails did today?

i love how y'all always leave it up to me to say what everyone's already thinking. :mellow:

:good: we know if we give you enough time you will do the deed :lol: :wub:

I always say to myself NC will be by here in a while and she will catch this one.. :ninja:

Would this one be a vent? :unsure:

Just took me by surprise, that's all. Then hubby showed me the census "blog". I guess this is "normal" - Personally, I don't like that our tax dollars are being spent on 14 big semi trailer things running around the country having a blog and handing out all types of freebies. I just don't find this type of activity a wise use of funds at this particular time in our history and I wonder just how much this "helps" make people fill out the forms.

Just took me by surprise, that's all. Then hubby showed me the census "blog". I guess this is "normal" - Personally, I don't like that our tax dollars are being spent on 14 big semi trailer things running around the country having a blog and handing out all types of freebies. I just don't find this type of activity a wise use of funds at this particular time in our history and I wonder just how much this "helps" make people fill out the forms.

i love how y'all always leave it up to me to say what everyone's already thinking. :mellow:

Sorry. I will say so next time :lol:

I got busy and was unable to post.

Ok, OK....so should I just set up an account as mrsdavidj6? I have no creativity!

That sounds good! That way we will know who you are.

BTW, I do agree with you on this. I find it ridiculous and it does anger me. Does it suprise me? No. Sad, huh?

Ok, OK....so should I just set up an account as mrsdavidj6? I have no creativity!

if he does not use that account then do a name change on it... it will be easier then setting up a new account..

Oh Lawd you can have a sex change at no cost :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

if he does not use that account then do a name change on it... it will be easier then setting up a new account..

Oh Lawd you can have a sex change at no cost :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: you bout silly ... lawd have mercy

:yahoo:

I have to ask... did you correct a new account or change his name? if you did we have had a pcom sex change right before our eyes :ninja:

No.....sorry.....he asked me figure out what my old account name was and get the password sent to me and change it....