5. 5. How long on UE

• less than one month
    • 2 months
    • 3-6 months
    • 6 to 8 months
    • 8-12 months
    • more than one year
    • na

I'm registered, but I have yet to collect any benefits due to my severance payout.

But, yes, I think you will be surprised. In my son's school (which is private), there are 13 kids in his class and 4 child have unemployed parents.

I am on it, but just yesterday got offered a job here in paulding county just 10 minuted from home with ok pay(good for PC) and flexible hours. I have never done this work before, but I have the qualifications. I am looking forward to it. I know there are a lot of people out of work. These are just rough times.

I am on it, but just yesterday got offered a job here in paulding county just 10 minuted from home with ok pay(good for PC) and flexible hours. I have never done this work before, but I have the qualifications. I am looking forward to it. I know there are a lot of people out of work. These are just rough times.

WOW - Congratulations!!! I would love to find a job in Paulding County that close to home.

I, too am drawing UE and have been since May, 2009. It is tough out there. And there are so many people looking for jobs that the employers are 1) overwhelmed with resumes and 2) looking for the perfect person. - and they are in a position to do that because of the number of applicants.

I'm registered, but I have yet to collect any benefits due to my severance payout.

Same here.

My problem is in my field/specialty there are a lot of web sites listing open jobs. The problem is they all list the exact same 3 "openings", and the companies don't seem to be in any hurry.

I didn't vote, b/c I am not currently on UE. However, I was almost a year ago. I got laid off from a great job in Chattanooga (Live here, long story) in the spring of last year. I drew UE for a month, until I was rehired t the place I was for YEARS before I left for the Chattanooga job.

During that month, I bet I sent out at least 5-10 resumes a day. I didn't get a single call back. I got a couple of, "We rec'd your resume, thank you. You will here from us in the near future." Never did.

I was super lucky, though, b/c the girl that took my place when I left the place I work now, had turned in her notice b/c her husband had been transferred to another state. If that hadn't have happened, I would have been on UE a lot longer. After she turned in her notice, they advertised for the opening, and there were HUNDREDS of resumes sent in per day. All people over qualified.

I would rather drive to Chatt everyday then ITP Atlanta where I was working.

Well I can't take a job in Atlanta. After the cost of gas and time in the car I think we would bring home less..I just want a job CLOSE to home....I have been looking for a long time I have gotten offers for contract work but I won't take that...I can't!

Well I can't take a job in Atlanta. After the cost of gas and time in the car I think we would bring home less..I just want a job CLOSE to home....I have been looking for a long time I have gotten offers for contract work but I won't take that...I can't!

The pay is better in Atlanta and will offset the gas. In this economy you do what you have to do.

Unfortunately, I am on UE as well...

I would rather drive to Chatt everyday then ITP Atlanta where I was working.

It actually took only 15 min. longer to get there than from home to the job in Marietta in the mornings. It was a breeze... no traffic there or back.

The pay is better in Atlanta and will offset the gas. In this economy you do what you have to do.

Unfortunately, I am on UE as well...

money might off set gas but money isn't worth less family time....

money might off set gas but money isn't worth less family time....

I guess it would depend on how bad you need the job... :)

I've been fighting with UE since January. I've had to appeal their denial and just had my hearing yesterday. So I find out if my claim has been accepted or rejected, by mail, in a few days.

I've been unemployed since December 1st.

And I apply to jobs..but don't get any calls back. But honestly, I'm not REALLY putting a lot of power into looking until after the baby is born. There's no point seeings how I'd have to leave for maternity leave in 12 weeks.

Edited by shan06

I've been fighting with UE since January. I've had to appeal their denial and just had my hearing yesterday. So I find out if my claim has been accepted or rejected, by mail, in a few days.

I've been unemployed since December 1st.

I thought you were laid off. There should be no problem...

Edited by MeWhoElse

I thought you were laid off. There should be no problem...

No. I got fired shortly after they were told of my pregnancy. No warnings, no nothing. They, of course, found some other excuse. So it's my word against theirs. Got the appeals going with UE and also an EEOC claim in progress.

If your fighting with UE, then your actually fighting with your previous employer. You are claiming you should be eligible and the info they are giving UE is you are not.

I have a friend who was denied. Appealed the ruling and won. Only then to have the employer appeal and have the ruling over turned. I lost touch with him after that. It was a fight and took a while.

If your fighting with UE, then your actually fighting with your previous employer. You are claiming you should be eligible and the info they are giving UE is you are not.

I have a friend who was denied. Appealed the ruling and won. Only then to have the employer appeal and have the ruling over turned. I lost touch with him after that. It was a fight and took a while.

Yeah, I have a feeling if I win the appeal, then they will appeal. It's gonna be a LONG battle. Should be interesting to see how the EEOC turns out.

My husband works in ATL sometimes even futher than that. He has time to coach my son's baseball team, we eat as a family every night, and etc. Jobs are slim, but I am so thankful my husband didn't pass up a chance just because the drive. Maybe you could take another look into the offers.

I just wanted to add that my fiance works in ATL as well. He's home every night and we all eat together and still have that family time before the little one goes to bed. And the weekends are wide open. :) ATL really isn't that far.

I just wanted to add that my fiance works in ATL as well. He's home every night and we all eat together and still have that family time before the little one goes to bed. And the weekends are wide open. :) ATL really isn't that far.

My husband already works by the airport so two cars headed that way is stupid...plus if we got into traffic we might miss pick up time for daycare...those are problems with two working parents. I know it might be picky but atlanta is 45 miles from my house..that is just too far...

My husband already works by the airport so two cars headed that way is stupid...plus if we got into traffic we might miss pick up time for daycare...those are problems with two working parents. I know it might be picky but atlanta is 45 miles from my house..that is just too far...

Have you thought about working at a daycare?

I just accepted a package from my employer which I requested and which gives me some extra cash to cushion the retirement I had been planning for some time. I won't apply for unemployment and I hope that anyone who is on it finds a job so that life can return to "normal" or whatever "normal" is for you, again.

This is going to sound bad and I don't mean it to but it is topics like this that assure me I made the right move by taking the job transfer, even if it meant losing a TON of money on my house. I feel for all of you and good luck with your search.

This is going to sound bad and I don't mean it to but it is topics like this that assure me I made the right move by taking the job transfer, even if it meant losing a TON of money on my house. I feel for all of you and good luck with your search.

:good:

No. I got fired shortly after they were told of my pregnancy. No warnings, no nothing. They, of course, found some other excuse. So it's my word against theirs. Got the appeals going with UE and also an EEOC claim in progress.

If you were fired, it should be an even easier claim. I thought that the only way that could deny you is if you quit?

Have any of you been chosen to go to the unemployment classes yet?

No my college degree and on the job training really should be enough for me. I have plenty of experience I just need to find the right fit.

Motor City if it had been my husband who lost his job we would have short sold our house by now...

If you were fired, it should be an even easier claim. I thought that the only way that could deny you is if you quit?

fired for cause is the other way they can deny you.

not saying shan was, but it sounds as if her employer is. they'll have to provide records of policy infractions and/or signed write ups to prove cause.

No my college degree and on the job training really should be enough for me. I have plenty of experience I just need to find the right fit.

Motor City if it had been my husband who lost his job we would have short sold our house by now...

It was mandatory. I was randomly chosen. If you didn't show up, they would cancel your benefits.

fired for cause is the other way they can deny you.

not saying shan was, but it sounds as if her employer is. they'll have to provide records of policy infractions and/or signed write ups to prove cause.

Which is what they are trying to pull..and according to what was said and what the UE officiant asked during the hearing, they don't have any records of policy infractions nor have I ever had write up.

It was mandatory. I was randomly chosen. If you didn't show up, they would cancel your benefits.

Not for me I have been on UE for a year and they have yet to cancel my benefits. I still have a few more weeks before I will be out looking for a part time job if I can't find a full time that can pay me what I am worth.

Which is what they are trying to pull..and according to what was said and what the UE officiant asked during the hearing, they don't have any records of policy infractions nor have I ever had write up.

Humm sounds like you might have a lawsuit on your hands...

Have any of you been chosen to go to the unemployment classes yet?

Yes, and I'm also in the GA Works program. Why more people don't do this is beyond me...the worst that can happen is that you add a 6 week internship to your resume. There is no cost to the employer, and if you complete the entire GA Works program, you get $360. It's not a ton of money, but if you do great at the internship, that can only increase your odds of being hired by that company or another in the same field.

Some qualify for paid schooling or training, too. I don't know all the requirements, though.

There are jobs out there. One of the girls in my office just got another job at a bigger law firm and got a hefty raise plus full benefits. She lives in Smyrna and will be driving to Lenox area, not for me, but she doesn't mind.

We also just hired her replacement.

Yes, and I'm also in the GA Works program. Why more people don't do this is beyond me...the worst that can happen is that you add a 6 week internship to your resume. There is no cost to the employer, and if you complete the entire GA Works program, you get $360. It's not a ton of money, but if you do great at the internship, that can only increase your odds of being hired by that company or another in the same field.

Do you have more info on this? I tried to call the other day, but couldnt get through.

Some qualify for paid schooling or training, too. I don't know all the requirements, though.

Back in 2004 they paid for my paralegal schooling. 100% of tuition and books were paid for.

Do you have more info on this? I tried to call the other day, but couldnt get through.

Sure, here's the link: GA Work$

The administrator at the Cobb-Cherokee DOL is Moni Azibo (770-528-6120). I would pick a company that you really want to work for, and take a trip down to visit them. Learn the details of this program (stress that it is FREE to the employer), and get your foot in the door.

I'm enjoying my internship; I have a lot of people backing me for a full time position!