Paulding.com

Do you buy your panties new or used?

I tell ya what... I've been stewing on this all day. I saw this clip this morning and it's physically disgusted me. I posed a question about it on VS facebook wall and it was deleted.

I'm going to be contacting VS corporate about my disdain and will be buying prepackaged from now on.

Used panties passed off as new.

How grossed out are you?

I tell ya what... I've been stewing on this all day. I saw this clip this morning and it's physically disgusted me. I posed a question about it on VS facebook wall and it was deleted.

I'm going to be contacting VS corporate about my disdain and will be buying prepackaged from now on.

Used panties passed off as new.

How grossed out are you?

You can buy the same stuff on the walmart shelf for half price. So Gretchen says.

If you can't return swimsuits, you shouldn't be allowed to return panties and no type of other underwear without tags and a receipt! I worked at Kohl's for a little over a year - in the intimates department. I have seen bras returned that were just black from being worn. They were never put out on the racks to be resold but they were accepted as a return at the service desk - something that I could never understand....

I did find used bras left in the fitting rooms where women would steal a new bra and leave their old raggedy ones for us to pick up; I found a few hanging on the racks outside the fitting rooms and I did find one actually on the rack - but again these were from shoppers who were stealing and just leaving their crap behind.

Once I picked up a stack of junior clothing from a fitting room only to find it covered in urine - BIG EEWWW factor there!

It's a weird world out there.

Like some others - I think I'll stick to the prepackaged undies from now on....

I didn't think you could return used underwear without tags........

And I really thought you couldn't return a swimsuit without the tags and hygenic strip.

WTH?

That is just so gross. I don't want someone else's fungus/disease.

DARN!!!!!

Those evil investigative reporters, consumer advocates and big, evil, bloated government safety rules and regulations, at it again!! Just trying to take more of our "personal freedoms" away, sticking their "noses" where they don't belong! Trying to control private enterprise and interfere with the free market place! Just spending our tax money trying to tell private companies what they can and can't do! When, after all, these poor, innocent, companies/corporations are just trying to make a buck!

GEEEZ!! :pardon:

Just NASTY! I used to work at a clothing store and we had a problem with man coming in and 'enjoying' the clothes a bit too much. We were next door to another store who had the same problem. We finally figured out who it was and we all ran him out!

Not that it makes it okay, but I always wash garments before wearing them. Just because something still has a tag on it, doesnt mean that it hasnt been on someones body.

This is truly gross, though.

This goes especially for swimsuits!!!! No telling what that sticky tag has touched. Barf!!!!

I feel sick now. Thanks guys

Edited by CarolineElizabeth

That is soooooo nasty. I have always bought VS b/c it lasts longer. Prepackaged just doesn't... but, I think I will stick to prepackaged from now on. That is so, so gross. At least I always wash before wearing, but, ewwwwwww.

DARN!!!!!

Those evil investigative reporters, consumer advocates and big, evil, bloated government safety rules and regulations, at it again!! Just trying to take more of our "personal freedoms" away, sticking their "noses" where they don't belong! Trying to control private enterprise and interfere with the free market place! Just spending our tax money trying to tell private companies what they can and can't do! When, after all, these poor, innocent, companies/corporations are just trying to make a buck!

GEEEZ!! pardon.gif

?????????????

Oh come on! Please don't make me go back to the prepackaged granny panties. I lost a lot of weight this year and finally threw them all out. I actually like the way I look in my new sexier panties, and found the perfect place to get them at a decent price ($2-$3 each). Do you have any idea how long it's been since I have been able to say that?!?!?!

This is just so gross!! :bad: Maybe we need to wash them in some color safe bleach from now on before wearing them.

I use to get mine there, but the lace ones all started falling apart soon. Now I go to Target and get the 5 for $25 ones- They are awesome! They have one type that is just like the VS one I would buy.

I was just looking in the wrong places I think. They were all like $12 each, and I can't make myself spend that kind of money for panties. So, I kept the granny panties, even after losing 40 lbs, until I found Ross. I love them. I love their bras too. I finally have enough to make it through the week before having to wash. lol

Not that it makes it okay, but I always wash garments before wearing them. Just because something still has a tag on it, doesnt mean that it hasnt been on someones body.

I wash mine too, but I still don't want to put someone else's panties on MY body. :nea:

I am glad the wife saw this. All she wears is VS. This just saved me a ton of money. :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Not true. I gotta go replace that whole drawer full of VS panties now. :p

So do I, but I have friends who ask me why I do it....they like the "feel of new clothes"......I think most stores now tell their employees to accept anything with a receipt - regardless of tags - simply for the factor of people standing and causing problems when something can't be returned. And, for the Kohls employee.....I've found things in the dressing rooms when trying on clothes and report it to the management who always says - yeah, sorry, thanks, happens every day. I tried on a winter coat and found a handful of the things they put earrings on in the pockets where someone had stolen the earrings. I found a purse stuck back in the purse section - brand not even sold at the store - and the purse was dirty inside - where someone had changed out all their stuff and walked out with a new purse. Costs us all. (mrsdavej)

I wonder what would have happened if they had been washed? A washed garment looks different than a never been washed one.

In the report, the second time they put oil on the undies and they were still returned and put back on the rack... disturbing. :bad:

I would be interested to see if the news crew had washed the undies ...would they have been put back out on the rack ... or written up as "damaged" and destroyed?

Years ago I worked at a department store in the children's department ... you can tell when something has been washed.

Department stores will return obviously washed and worn garments to keep customers – in the name of “customer service.” Back in the day those items were written up and destroyed. Non- washed or worn items were put back to sell.

I wonder what would have happened if they had been washed? A washed garment looks different than a never been washed one.

In the report, the second time they put oil on the undies and they were still returned and put back on the rack... disturbing. :bad:

I would be interested to see if the news crew had washed the undies ...would they have been put back out on the rack ... or written up as "damaged" and destroyed?

Years ago I worked at a department store in the children's department ... you can tell when something has been washed.

Department stores will return obviously washed and worn garments to keep customers – in the name of “customer service.” Back in the day those items were written up and destroyed. Non- washed or worn items were put back to sell.

If they're putting stained items back on the shelf, I'm willing to bet they're putting washed items as well.

It's clear they don't care about sanitary issue or customer safety - but just the almighty dollar that ensues.