Paulding.com

just called school

Just got a text from my 8th grader that teachers are confused about release time...it was 1pm and now 11:30? Anyone know?

http://paulding.com/forum/index.php?/topic/238662-started-new-post-about-school/page__pid__3094601__st__0entry3094601

I can't answer on what some of the high school drivers will be doing when they get out. That is between them and their parents if they are allowed to drive around in it. But, most level headed high schooler will drive home and stay out of it.

I hear ya, but at the same time, how many times has the news canceled the winter advisory warning this morning only to put it back on when it did start to sleet and snow? By that time the kids have left for school.

level headed high schooler--I don't think there are many of them. But I think parents would tell them to come straight home. It isn't supposed to be below freezing until much later--our roads are just wet here.

To give the BOE some credit, the National Weather Service forcasting for this has been a joke. When I got up this morning the official forcast showed 1/2" by late in afternoon. An hour and a half later, they've changed it again to 1 to 2".

The Board was given heck a couple of years ago when they cancelled school for the forcasted storm that never showed up, just like two weeks ago, just what are they supposed to do when the forcasts themselves are crap?

• Like 1

Yup, just got a second call from elementary kid's teacher. They are now leaving at 10:30. See, our board listens sometimes!

They are probably reading this thread LOL

I would, if I were on the board!! :good:

me to I would be interested in knowing what the parents think of the job that is getting done or not getting done, I guess it depends on which way you look at it..

I think they are doing good with this.

everyone had to know when it was snowing at 8am when the buses were making their route this morning that this may happen.

sometimes parents just need to make their own decisions on what is best for their child. do not leave it up to the school to decide for you as a parent. just my opinion :pardon:

I still havent received my early release call :rofl: I think they did much better this time then last but they did confuse the schools a bit. When I was picking my kids up early the office staff was answering the phones telling everyone the first release time given but in the meantime they had received a new email with the different time. So some parents/staff were probably very confused about the times.

Overall much better choice this time around :)