Paulding.com

What are your thoughts on them calling school? I would think they would not but with the events last time, maybe it wouldn't hurt! That's the first time I had to say enough was enough and go get the middle schooler myself....only to be told they were heading out earlier and I could not get her at that time.

I do not think it's cold enough to stick but I didn't think it would last time, either. I won't wait that late to make OUR call again.

snowing hard in k-town. I am sure we will get a call soon for early release. sucks!

Oops, I posted before I saw yours. It does suck but it would be better than last time. I honestly don't blame them for last time but it shouldn't happen again!

Just talked to hubby and he's in D-ville and didnt believe me when I told him it was snowing good here and there was a coating on the ground so I had to send pics. :lol: He said it was doing nothing but raining there.

Yup, snowing heavy and sticking like glue..to the deck, starting to stick in the yard.

:yahoo: :pardon: Sorry...I'm still not sick of it. Even our DD is saying: you have GOT to be kidding me. She's tired of missing school!

The news people can say what they want to about it not sticking, but my street and driveway are completely white. I drive 2nd grader to and from school and he's only about a minute away, but...if I were a parent with a child riding the bus, I would be getting concerned.

What are your thoughts on them calling school? I would think they would not but with the events last time, maybe it wouldn't hurt! That's the first time I had to say enough was enough and go get the middle schooler myself....only to be told they were heading out earlier and I could not get her at that time.

I do not think it's cold enough to stick but I didn't think it would last time, either. I won't wait that late to make OUR call again.

i dont think they will call school to be let out early and i really hope they dont do like last time i got a call last time asking me how they would get home on a bad weather release.

The news people can say what they want to about it not sticking, but my street and driveway are completely white. I drive 2nd grader to and from school and he's only about a minute away, but...if I were a parent with a child riding the bus, I would be getting concerned.

im already concerned the flakes are getting bigger and falling even harder and i have no vehicle hubby has it

I think they will call school soon. They would rather be safe. It just sucks because they just send them home which means I have to hurry and get there. Not their fault, but still sucks.

Edited by CarolineElizabeth

The snow (nice big flakes!) is coming down pretty good here (I'm near the intersection of 278 / 61).

Just in the last 1/2 hour or so, it's put down a real good layer on the roofs of the houses in my neighborhood and in the yards.....the road looks "okay," but I would imagine that will change over the next few hours, if that long....

I'm guessing the schools will let out before lunchtime - just to be on the safe side....When it snowed a couple or so weeks ago, it looked "like a blizzard" the buses were driving though...

Just took a walk around outside .Made a run to the mail box. Mark you got mail. :good: The driveway is just slush under the snow. It sure is pretty being out side watching it snow. Birds all over the place gathering to settle in. Just love it. Don't think it will take to long before they will send the little one's home.Get ready.:D

Looks like they will be releasing but middle/high school will not be until 1pm. Where are you located....just want to know what area has a driveway and road white already!

I don't get why they are keeping the children that long knowing that parents and busdrivers will be nervous and concerned. I'm wondering if the decision is being made for 1 for the simple fact they won't have to make up as much time at the end of the year? What is your thought on this?

I don't get why they are keeping the children that long knowing that parents and busdrivers will be nervous and concerned. I'm wondering if the decision is being made for 1 for the simple fact they won't have to make up as much time at the end of the year? What is your thought on this?

i don't think they want to make up much time they want the kids in school for as long as they can have them. they are already keeping them from April till the end of year a extra 15 min to make up from last snow days. i think its ridiculous i think they need to think more of the kids safety and send home earlier than what they do even if it get bad or not.

Personally, I think most kids/families would prefer to come in on a Saturday if they had to....when it's NOT SNOWING IN GA!!! :rolleyes: Just saying...if that's what it takes to be safe (parents) and play in the snow (kids)...so be it.

If they are so worried about making up school that we are now willing to risk the roads then our BOE needs to meet with the state and convince them to buy all the necessary equiptment like they have to do in other areas to keep the roads safe. Either adjust or deal with loosing school days. This year should be the acception so I say they just find a way to deal with it.

The flood days were supposed to be excused for a natural disaster so I'm not sure where the panic comes from.

Funny, when we used to start late, get out 1st week of June, not take every fourth week off, we had plenty of days for snow days. Am I right?

The idea that they don't want to have to make any more school days is ridiculous. If it snows it snows and if they have to be made up, then that is just how it is. So...by this reasoning, if a blizzard hits, school will go on until noon just so they won't have to make up a day? It seems to me that the responsibility of these childrens safety is to great to take ANY chances trying to keep school in.