Paulding.com

Question about the walking trails..

are they paved or dirt?

are they safe?

are they easy to find?

Lucky and I are gonna go walking down there one day this week so any info you can give me I would appericate it.

I have been there a long time ago, but did not pay any attention to the walking trial

Question about the walking trails..

are they paved or dirt? dirt/gravel

are they safe? I think so, I would do White Oak by myself before Silver Commet

are they easy to find? Yep you'll see them as your pull in !

Lucky and I are gonna go walking down there one day this week so any info you can give me I would appericate it.

I have been there a long time ago, but did not pay any attention to the walking trial

Edited by NEBgirl

They are a type of gravel...very easy on the feet - I prefer White Oak's trails over the Comets.

I walk alone there and have never felt uneasy. There are very few spots anyone could hide where you wouldn't see them and the last time I was there - I saw a deputy roll through - just checking things out. You can park right inside the entrance and unless you are down near the playground or behind the hill - you can keep a pretty good eye on your vehicle from almost anywhere on the trail.

They have wooden workout stations - which I always seem to approach from the wrong direction. They amuse me more than anything, but maybe one day I will be motivated to try them more seriously than I usually do.

If your dog is going --- beware of duck poop. Not sure if the ducks are there now, but it was everywhere near the water in the fall!

They are a type of gravel...very easy on the feet - I prefer White Oak's trails over the Comets.

I walk alone there and have never felt uneasy. There are very few spots anyone could hide where you wouldn't see them and the last time I was there - I saw a deputy roll through - just checking things out. You can park right inside the entrance and unless you are down near the playground or behind the hill - you can keep a pretty good eye on your vehicle from almost anywhere on the trail.

They have wooden workout stations - which I always seem to approach from the wrong direction. They amuse me more than anything, but maybe one day I will be motivated to try them more seriously than I usually do.

If your dog is going --- beware of duck poop. Not sure if the ducks are there now, but it was everywhere near the water in the fall!

are the trails hilly and curvy? I need to know in case I have to carry Lucky LOL

Its really a nice park. My husband and I have walked the trails and you can also park by the gazebo and walk around the lake but there is not a path there but its pretty flat.

Have fun!

Thanks we usually walk mt tabor park but just looking for different trails to walk for a change up

I WILL DRIVE OVER AND WATCH YOU WALK AND THE CHIHUAHUAS CAN SIT IN THE CAR AND BARK AT YOU..LUCKY TOO IF SHE PASSES OUT

Sure we welcome to come and watch, that way, Lady Raider won't have to carry me alone, you can help her. LOL

As for passing out, never have, but I guess there is a first time. LOL

Go 61 south (like going towards Villa Rica) and just past the High School you will come to a road called Mustang Drive on your left. Turn on there and apparently you can see it from the road. That's my understanding.

Go 61 south (like going towards Villa Rica) and just past the High School you will come to a road called Mustang Drive on your left. Turn on there and apparently you can see it from the road. That's my understanding.

Thanks....I know Mustang drive, just somehow have missed a park.... :blush:

It's a fairly new park. The playground is outstanding. As far as being safe, it's a little quite during the week when you get behind the hill near the playground. Personally, I wouldn't walk it alone with out pepper spray or my large dog. On the weekend there are more people and I have never felt scared. Perhaps you could find some other folks who walk there regularly and kinda walk with them or at least in ear shot with them.