Paulding.com

Gunshots at Seven Hills leaves 47 year old Paulding man dead

As much as I understand your post... I must disagree. When one of my family members made the decision to take his life, we had a grief counselor come talk to us. One of the things he said that helped us all... When a person gets to the point of such dispair, their true self has long since gone. My FIL took his life and I have to really think this is the case. He was not someone that you would ever imagine being in this situation. :wub:

Not disagreeing. I was stating how others can perceive it. Sadly, it is not always true that their true self is gone, some people have these issues all along. But, even if someone is at the end of their rope, it will always be hard to comprehend how this could turn into harming others. No matter how well you understand the emotions behind it, and the mental state, that will be a difficult pill for anyone to swallow. And I think that is where a lot of people are coming from.

Desperation comes in all kinds of forms. And a lot of people are feeling right now. Many Americans are struggling and there is nothing they can do to change it. Once someone sees no other options, they can turn to self harm as a solution. It is never a valid solution, and causes much more problems than it ever solves. But making the leap from self harm to harming others is a giant one, and that issue alone changes the dynamics of how it is accepted.

And if it is an insurance thing, suicide by cop is still deemed suicide. Won't change the outcome. If an insurance company does not pay for suicide, they can refuse payment for this. This can only cause even more problems for the family left behind. Sad situation all the way around.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As much as I feel for someone who reaches that level of despair, it is hard to justify taking, or attempting to take, the lives of others. Why share your problems with the rest of the world. I think t

You don't know what torment he might have been victim of! It doesn't matter what you call him, he was a victim of depression. Get a grip!

Victim? I'm not sure that is what I would call him but I will pray for all involved...

Regardless of what anyone thinks are feels regarding how it happened and why, There is a Mom and a son, daughter and grand baby without a Dad and Grandfather. I went to school with Scott and I don't have any idea what happened to him to cause this, it is tragic and people are in alot of pain.

Regardless of what anyone thinks are feels regarding how it happened and why, There is a Mom and a son, daughter and grand baby without a Dad and Grandfather. I went to school with Scott and I don't have any idea what happened to him to cause this, it is tragic and people are in alot of pain.

I agree! I went to school with his wife.If you know arangements please send me a PM.