Paulding.com

Gunshots at Seven Hills leaves 47 year old Paulding man dead

Unless they are just re-positioning, Channel 2's chopper just left. The other chopper in he air just left as well.

I must be deaf....I live in the next S/D over and didn't hear any gun shots.

Edited by JSBoss
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As much as I feel for someone who reaches that level of despair, it is hard to justify taking, or attempting to take, the lives of others. Why share your problems with the rest of the world. I think t

You don't know what torment he might have been victim of! It doesn't matter what you call him, he was a victim of depression. Get a grip!

Victim? I'm not sure that is what I would call him but I will pray for all involved...

While I am extremely saddened when anyone wants to commit suicide, I seriously wish they wouldn't endanger other people. This whole cop by suicide situation is so out of control. I feel horrible for any officer that has shot someone in one of these situations.

I was thinking the same thing. I really do feel bad for our officers when people have a suicide wish but decide they can't carry it out themselves.(I know that sounds harsh but it's the truth) So now not only has the person wanting to commit suicide been hurt (or killed) the innocent officer has to live with this the rest of their lives.

Contacted Fox to tell them the correct location. They are wanting people to call them for interviewing. I gave them the PCom number for Pubby (770-505-8544, I hope that is right!). Here is their message to me:

Can you post something for us asking that anyone in the neighborhood call us 404-898-0123? We have reporter Aungelique Proctor on the way.

From WSB-TV's website (03-01-10)

PAULDING COUNTY, Ga. --
One man was injured Monday afternoon during a standoff with sheriff's deputies in Paulding County.

Paulding County Sheriffs Office responded to a suicide threat call near the intersection of Sugar Maple Lane and Bent Leaf Drive in the Seven Hills neighborhood.

The incident began when a man barricaded himself inside a home, according to the Paulding County Sheriff's Office.

Officials said the subject forced deputies to fire one shot at him when he came outside and pointed a scoped rifle at the deputies.

Remainder of Story

Update: Subject In Seven Hills Shooting Identified

The Man in question has been identified as Douglas Scott Piltcher, 47 years old of Dallas, GA.

Piltcher was pronounced dead of a single gun shot wound to the chest once he arrived at Kennestone Hospital.

Per PCSO at nixle.com

PCOM's video reports filed from the scene live earlier this evening are available on the fastread page in the PCOMTV player. Simply select 'menu', choose ON DEMAND and select video dated March 1st. (It should be the top-most video).

The bottom line of the story is that a 47 year old man, Douglas Scott Piltcher of 50 Sugar Maple Lane Dallas, GA in Seven Hills subdivision is dead from a single shot to the chest.

Piltcher had barricaded himself alone in his home shortly before 2 p.m. March 1st and fired into the neighborhood. He then called 911 threatening suicide and when officers responded, he fired upon them even as negotiators were speaking with him on the phone. During the conversation the man indicated he was going to exit the house armed with a high-powered and scoped rifle. He did and when he aimed the rifle in the direction of officers a Paulding Deputy shot him one time in the chest.

He had no hostages and no one else was injured in the incident. The man was taken to Kennestone Hospital where he was pronounced dead.

As this is an officer involved shooting, the Georgia Bureau of Investigation will be conducting the investigation of the incident.

Paulding.com will have addition details as they are made available.

pubby

Subject has been identified as Douglas Scott Piltcher, 47 years old of Dallas, GA.

Subject was pronounced dead of a single gun shot wound to the chest once he arrived at Kennestone Hospital.

Yeah I was very sad ! I work at Shelton and all the buses that were supposed to go Seven Hills were sent back to the school and we were put on lock-down from about 2:15 to 4:30 or so.

The kids were scared and confused.

Just thankful no one else was hurt or killed.

My prayers go up for him and his family.

Also, he didn't take anybody down with him, so that is a good thing. My oldest son had two different friends that took their own lives and were found by their family.

Yea..my friend had decided to randomly do some shopping after school. Got home and the entire house was filled with smoke. He had shut himself in the downstairs garage and turned on his car(a chevelle) and laid down. It took days and many fans to try and get the smell out. He had mental issues and aspergers..they had been treating both for years. So when it happened I wasn't all that surprised..but in this instance...I never saw any indication. Granted since the family is a client its not like we had a very personal relationship or that I saw them a lot but from my experience they are a close loving family. My thoughts and heart go out to them.

Yea..my friend had decided to randomly do some shopping after school. Got home and the entire house was filled with smoke. He had shut himself in the downstairs garage and turned on his car(a chevelle) and laid down. It took days and many fans to try and get the smell out. He had mental issues and aspergers..they had been treating both for years. So when it happened I wasn't all that surprised..but in this instance...I never saw any indication. Granted since the family is a client its not like we had a very personal relationship or that I saw them a lot but from my experience they are a close loving family. My thoughts and heart go out to them.

Found out about this a little late, but I went to school with Scott, we graduated together at McEachern High school in 1980. Prayers for his family, no matter what he did, there is a ffamily suffering.

Yeah I was very sad ! I work at Shelton and all the buses that were supposed to go Seven Hills were sent back to the school and we were put on lock-down from about 2:15 to 4:30 or so.

The kids were scared and confused.

Just thankful no one else was hurt or killed.

My prayers go up for him and his family.

Wow, thank goodness someone was able to notify the school and the bus drivers!

Victim? I'm not sure that is what I would call him but I will pray for all involved... :(

You don't know what torment he might have been victim of! It doesn't matter what you call him, he was a victim of depression. Get a grip!

• Like 1

I think there are 2 victims here. I know that they are trained for this and they know at some time they may have to face this but the deputy that fired the shot in my opinion is also a victim in this. This is something he will have to go through the rest of his life.

Prayers for all involved.

As much as I feel for someone who reaches that level of despair, it is hard to justify taking, or attempting to take, the lives of others. Why share your problems with the rest of the world. I think that is where a lot of people are coming from when they do not consider him a victim. A victim implies he had no control over the situation. He did. And that is a sad choice he made.

I will keep his family and friends in my thoughts and prayers, as I will the officers and rescue personnel involved. One person's actions harmed many people yesterday, and I don't think that was even his intent.

• Like 2

Depression can make you do alot of things. Its not an excuse but it can completely change your logic.

A lot of people are deeply depressed due to the economy. We seem to forget that Paulding county is full of jobless people in the upper brackets as well. When you are accustomed to providing for your family and cannot or if you become critically ill or if someone you love has betrayed you, so on, so on... you can loose logic. Even someone of deep faith can fall into deep despair. We are all human! That is why God wants us to lean on him through "thick and thin". Only that kind of power can give hope for a better tomorrow. God bless us all and God be with us all especially this family.

Depression is very, very bad. A person suffering from depression feels that they have let the whole world down and that the world (their loved ones) is better off without them. They also feel that the world has let them down. Depression is a chemical imbalance of the brain. It can make the person very hopeless and very helpless. In many cases of depression, this way of thinking can only be controlled through proper treatment with medication and therapy. It sometimes takes quite a while for the doctor and patient to find the right treatment. I feel bad for this man that he felt so hopeless that this was his only out. I feel for his family. I also feel for the officer who was forced to do this. It is a sad situation all around. Why did he not do it himself? Who knows, maybe he has an insurance policy and didn't want it ruled a suicide for the protection of his family. No one knows what this man was going through except the man himself....and God.

Prayers for all involved. :(

I think there are 2 victims here. I know that they are trained for this and they know at some time they may have to face this but the deputy that fired the shot in my opinion is also a victim in this. This is something he will have to go through the rest of his life.

Prayers for all involved.

Tona- My only hope is that he finds comfort in knowing this was unavoidable. He was doing his job and there was no other alternative for him. If he hadn't been there- someone else may have been killed because of this man. I do feel bad for the officer and hope he is able to overcome this. :wub:

As much as I feel for someone who reaches that level of despair, it is hard to justify taking, or attempting to take, the lives of others. Why share your problems with the rest of the world. I think that is where a lot of people are coming from when they do not consider him a victim. A victim implies he had no control over the situation. He did. And that is a sad choice he made.

I will keep his family and friends in my thoughts and prayers, as I will the officers and rescue personnel involved. One person's actions harmed many people yesterday, and I don't think that was even his intent.

As much as I understand your post... I must disagree. When one of my family members made the decision to take his life, we had a grief counselor come talk to us. One of the things he said that helped us all... When a person gets to the point of such dispair, their true self has long since gone. My FIL took his life and I have to really think this is the case. He was not someone that you would ever imagine being in this situation. :wub: