Paulding.com

Recommend a good Pre-k?

Are you looking for right now or next year?

If you're looking for next year don't be afraid to put your child's name on a waiting list. Many people sign their kids up for multiple schools then pick one after the open house or meet and greet. Many providers do their meet and greet about two weeks before school starts. After the first day of school the providers start calling the families of absent children to find out what's going on and then is when the waiting list comes in to play. You'd be surprised how many kids are called back from the waiting lists.

If you're looking for one right now, good luck. If Pre-K is still run the same, they have to submit their last roster of children on Feb. 1. Unless things have changed (which it's very possible they have) they only get paid for the children on that roster so they have no incentive to add more children after Feb 1. If you find one to take your child now consider yourself very fortunate.

YMCA in Hiram is the best!!! Their report on the Bright from the Start website is above and beyond what's expected!!

My daughter goes to Childrens Palace right off Bill Carruth between the water dept and Hwy 278. Shes been there since 7months old and I love it there. They have great teachers, prices, and when they sign back up for prek this Aug they will have the GA funded if you need it.

You can go and tour them too if you want. I have tried YMCA and they are good but was disappointed on their prices and also how unpersonal the front personel were when I went. Childrens Palace is very much like a family and they do alot for the kids!! call them at 770-943-0058 and ask for Angie or Samantha (the director and asst. director!)