Paulding.com

Stout wins with 59.9% of vote in 19th District Special Election Results

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It reinforces the fact to the rest of the state that, in Paulding County, many important elections will continue to be won by those who can out-Conservative and out-Christian the opposition, no matter

Nope. We arm them to protect us all from those people who carry the firearms.

This has got to be the biggest "journalistic joke" I have ever seen Pubby (that is my humble opinion and I am sticking to it).   By the way, is it just my imagination or has THIS site been pretty

I was speaking of the one on PT's site, repeated here on p.com, and on one other site. I still don't think it would do any good to apologize further.

Why should he when he had to know this would happen?

You are right NewsJunky. The damage is most definitely done...

Interesting comment Pat about early voters wishing they could change their votes.

I wonder if this would make people leery of using early voting in the future? I doubt it will for me.

On the topic of early voting, one interesting affect of it seems to be to reduce the effectiveness of political opponents trying to drop "dirty laundry" type stories a few days before an election. They now have to make a choice: Do they drop the story before early voting starts and give the opponent time to respond or do they wait until just before election day and lose the chance to change the minds of those who early vote? Also, an early release of the story would also give time for people to trace the story back to another candidate or their supporters to identify the source of the negative campaign, which many people dislike and could also affect votes.

It seems to me that having a heavier turnout during a longer voting period may turn out to be a good idea to help save our system from negative campaigning.

Thoughts? Will this campaign affect your use of early voting?

I am the one who stated that I wished that I could change my vote. Unfortunately, I was out of town on a business trip and could not vote on Tuesday. So, I had no choice, but to early vote. I always early vote, so that I don't miss out on voting because of some last minute work issue. This won't change.

I consider myself politically astute. Next to hockey, politics is my favorite spectator sport. With that being said, I found out about this affair just 3 hours after I voted. I feel like somebody pulled a bait and switch on me. I am voting to replace a cheater and now I have helped to vote in a cheater.

I don't care about this guy's religion that he has found. It is respectable, but I am more worried about his decision making skills. A straight-up affair is one thing, but this one was a doozy. We need representation that can help heal our bad reputation, not make it worse. He should have been forthcoming about this issue. It would have gained a lot more respect for him.

Oh well, live and learn. There will come a day when my family is in a situation that will allow me to run for office. When that day comes, I will tell you about smoking pot in my younger years (I inhaled!), brushes with the law (nothing serious), and general debauchery that I committed. It will be out in the open, so folks can see that I have matured and grown. All this and I will still run as a conservative. That is who I am. No apologies, just lessons learned.

he should have known this would all come out; what in the world did he think would happen??? That we'd vote for someone who **** his wife's MOTHER????

I think this says A LOT about his lack of maturity and worldliness; an "affair" with his mother in law...just eeeccchhhhhh, I don't care how many years ago, it's SICK and I'm embarassed for Paulding County.

he should have known this would all come out; what in the world did he think would happen??? That we'd vote for someone who **** his wife's MOTHER????

I think this says A LOT about his lack of maturity and worldliness; an "affair" with his mother in law...just eeeccchhhhhh, I don't care how many years ago, it's SICK and I'm embarassed for Paulding County.

looks like that is exactly what paulding did.. he put it out there and people still voted for him, so it is just as much the voters fault as it his... paulding voters put him where he is today

Well there is no doubt this will be a hot issue in July. :lol: I still don't understand why the "Party" didn't provide a viable candidate for the people in the 19th District. It's a shame they have not been represented during this entire legislative session, will Mr. Stout do what's best for the 19th between now and April when the Congress is dismissed for the year?

I have to say, this is absolutely embarrassing for the folks of Paulding County, it includes all of us by default and he nor Mr. Richardson are/were my representative. Will the "Party" have a viable and trustworthy candidate to run the primary? I certainly hope so. ~~hanging head in shame~~

It is a mis-conception about the party. The party does not provide candidates nor do they endorse any candidate in the primaries or special elections.

These false allegations that the party did this and that is getting real old.

ANYONE can run for an office position, ANYONE. The party did not got out and hunt down candidates. They came themselves to throw their hat into the ring.

Furthermore, there has been AMPLE opportunity for people to open their mouths and ask any of the candidates questions. How many of you did that? As far as Daniel is concerned, his phone number has been on his website since day one. Several forums and a meet and greet occurred as well.

This was a special election with primaries coming up. The problem with people is many do not come out and vote(5% of voters in the 19th district)and then people go around moaning and groaning because this person or that person got elected.

People need to take responsibility and get out and vote AND be informed, find out who the people are instead of relying on others to do it for them.

If what is said ticks anyone off, then so be it. Unreal. :rolleyes:

Well there is no doubt this will be a hot issue in July. :lol: I still don't understand why the "Party" didn't provide a viable candidate for the people in the 19th District. It's a shame they have not been represented during this entire legislative session, will Mr. Stout do what's best for the 19th between now and April when the Congress is dismissed for the year?

I have to say, this is absolutely embarrassing for the folks of Paulding County, it includes all of us by default and he nor Mr. Richardson are/were my representative. Will the "Party" have a viable and trustworthy candidate to run the primary? I certainly hope so. ~~hanging head in shame~~

PT's information on "The Party" is correct. This was a non-partisan election - even though the qualifying form did ask affiliation. All candidates appeared on one ballot. It was not 1 Republican vs 1 Democrat. Any and all candidates that chose to participate could throw their hat in the race. These 3 candidates are all the presented themselves. The Republican Party did not endorse any candidate.

Also mentioned - Daniel's phone number is available. He still today urges anyone who wishes to know more about him, question him, or discuss issues to contact him directly. He has made himself available to the county. I am not in that district. I called him this evening and spoke to him for a few minutes.

It is up to the citizens of the county to either put their hat in the race, or hopefully encourage someone that they think is a good candidate to run. Encourage people - encourage!!!!!

Get more candidates and choices if you want more options.

We can't complain of what we get if we have few options and no one gets out there to learn more about the candidates.

Well there is no doubt this will be a hot issue in July. laugh.gif I still don't understand why the "Party" didn't provide a viable candidate for the people in the 19th District. It's a shame they have not been represented during this entire legislative session, will Mr. Stout do what's best for the 19th between now and April when the Congress is dismissed for the year?

I know some will disagree with me about this but I have always thought part of what a Political Party is supposed to do is seek out good candidates. I always thought the Party affiliation was something you could look at to see if the candidate is most likely to vote in line with your beliefs and core issues. If the Party has nothing to do with who signs up and runs under it's ticket, then I have been very much mistaken in that belief for years. I have learned something new in this election.sad.gif

I agree with you about this being embarrassing.

There's nothing wrong with your understanding of the party, NJ. I'm not sure what you would have wanted the party to do in this case though - they ultimately cannot stop anyone from getting on the ballot in an election if they want to. I guess they could have refused to let a candidate affiliate with the party at all if they were aware of the situation, but that seems heavy-handed in an open situation where there is no endorsement.

Ah well! I'd just as soon see this discussion move to the next election.

There's nothing wrong with your understanding of the party, NJ. I'm not sure what you would have wanted the party to do in this case though - they ultimately cannot stop anyone from getting on the ballot in an election if they want to. I guess they could have refused to let a candidate affiliate with the party at all if they were aware of the situation, but that seems heavy-handed in an open situation where there is no endorsement.

Ah well! I'd just as soon see this discussion move to the next election.

Except they were all running as Republicans. Of course the Party did not endorse anyone.

It will move to the next election. In it's wake, it will leave a totally new understanding about Political parties and what they do, at least with some of us.

It is a mis-conception about the party. The party does not provide candidates nor do they endorse any candidate in the primaries or special elections.

These false allegations that the party did this and that is getting real old.

ANYONE can run for an office position, ANYONE. The party did not got out and hunt down candidates. They came themselves to throw their hat into the ring.

Furthermore, there has been AMPLE opportunity for people to open their mouths and ask any of the candidates questions. How many of you did that? As far as Daniel is concerned, his phone number has been on his website since day one. Several forums and a meet and greet occurred as well.

This was a special election with primaries coming up. The problem with people is many do not come out and vote(5% of voters in the 19th district)and then people go around moaning and groaning because this person or that person got elected.

People need to take responsibility and get out and vote AND be informed, find out who the people are instead of relying on others to do it for them.

If what is said ticks anyone off, then so be it. Unreal. :rolleyes:

PT's information on "The Party" is correct. This was a non-partisan election - even though the qualifying form did ask affiliation. All candidates appeared on one ballot. It was not 1 Republican vs 1 Democrat. Any and all candidates that chose to participate could throw their hat in the race. These 3 candidates are all the presented themselves. The Republican Party did not endorse any candidate.

Also mentioned - Daniel's phone number is available. He still today urges anyone who wishes to know more about him, question him, or discuss issues to contact him directly. He has made himself available to the county. I am not in that district. I called him this evening and spoke to him for a few minutes.

It is up to the citizens of the county to either put their hat in the race, or hopefully encourage someone that they think is a good candidate to run. Encourage people - encourage!!!!!

Get more candidates and choices if you want more options.

We can't complain of what we get if we have few options and no one gets out there to learn more about the candidates.

I understand what both of you are saying, however you cannot tell me the "Party" does not approach potential candidates and encourage them to run. Anyone can run under any party or as a independent, I get that but it would be in everyone's best interest for the "Party" to help identify a viable candidate for the primary in July.

I understand what both of you are saying, however you cannot tell me the "Party" does not approach potential candidates and encourage them to run. Anyone can run under any party or as a independent, I get that but it would be in everyone's best interest for the "Party" to help identify a viable candidate for the primary in July.

It's against the ethic rules, period. It cannot be undone. We live in a free nation and that means anyone can run for office and cannot be denied and cannot be told of which party they will represent.

Moreover, the "party as a whole does not approach anyone" to run. "Some" members may approach someone that they know on a personal basis but that is as far as it goes when it comes to primaries and special elections.

Again, let me state, it is against ethic rules to promote anyone as a party in primaries. Individuals chose who they want as it is their right to do so.

These same rules of ethics applies to the democratic party as well. This rule has been in place for decades.

I spoke to someone tonight who knows someone who has gone with Daniel to the capitol on right to life issues and they are amazed as to how he handles himself as well as his knowledge of pending or introduced bills.

All of this pre-judging is mindboggling to me. Just because Glenn committed acts of immorality while "in office" and to cast judgement on someone else who made a stupid mistake in his teen years just "may" do it too is totally absurd.

What are you all going to say when he goes in there and proves everyone wrong?

I suppose when Jesus forgave the thief on the cross was wrong too and an embarrassment to those who follow Christ, huh? Christ didn't judge the thief based on what he did in the past, but blessed the thief in that moment, forgave him and carried the thief to heaven with Him. Christ forgave Daniel, his church forgave me, his family forgave him, and those that he hurt, including his ex-wife forgave him.

If Christ did not do that for the thief, then where would we be today? It is something to think about. If you're a Christian, you should think about long and hard.

I am done and have said my last on this subject.

Last but not least.....

John 8:1-11

8:1 but Jesus went to the Mount of Olives.

8:2 Now very early in the morning, he came again into the temple,

and all the people came to him. He sat down, and taught them.

8:3 The scribes and the Pharisees brought a woman taken in adultery.

Having set her in the midst,

8:4 they told him, "Teacher, we found this woman in adultery, in the very act.

8:5 Now in our law, Moses commanded us to stone such.

What then do you say about her?"

8:6 They said this testing him, that they might have something to accuse him of.

But Jesus stooped down, and wrote on the ground with his finger.

8:7 But when they continued asking him, he looked up and said to them,

"He who is without sin among you, let him throw the first stone at her."

8:8 Again he stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground.

8:9 They, when they heard it, being convicted by their conscience,

went out one by one, beginning from the oldest, even to the last.

Jesus was left alone with the woman where she was, in the middle.

8:10 Jesus, standing up, saw her and said,

"Woman, where are your accusers? Did no one condemn you?"

8:11 She said, "No one, Lord." Jesus said,

"Neither do I condemn you. Go your way. From now on, sin no more."

The fact remains that HE has humiliated this county and MANY have been blind-sided by the skeletons. OF ALL RACES!!! WTH was he thinking!!! Support and defend him all you want. My efforts for the next few months will go elsewhere.

The fact remains that HE has humiliated this county and MANY have been blind-sided by the skeletons. OF ALL RACES!!! WTH was he thinking!!! Support and defend him all you want. My efforts for the next few months will go elsewhere.

Ditto!!! Paulding County, his family, the state of Georgia, nor the Republican Party needed this headline. It will be used to slam them all. I know how it could have been prevented. He should not have run. Perception is everything in a case like this.

It's against the ethic rules, period. It cannot be undone. We live in a free nation and that means anyone can run for office and cannot be denied and cannot be told of which party they will represent.

Moreover, the "party as a whole does not approach anyone" to run. "Some" members may approach someone that they know on a personal basis but that is as far as it goes when it comes to primaries and special elections.

Again, let me state, it is against ethic rules to promote anyone as a party in primaries. Individuals chose who they want as it is their right to do so.

These same rules of ethics applies to the democratic party as well. This rule has been in place for decades.

I spoke to someone tonight who knows someone who has gone with Daniel to the capitol on right to life issues and they are amazed as to how he handles himself as well as his knowledge of pending or introduced bills.

All of this pre-judging is mindboggling to me. Just because Glenn committed acts of immorality while "in office" and to cast judgement on someone else who made a stupid mistake in his teen years just "may" do it too is totally absurd.

What are you all going to say when he goes in there and proves everyone wrong?

I suppose when Jesus forgave the thief on the cross was wrong too and an embarrassment to those who follow Christ, huh? Christ didn't judge the thief based on what he did in the past, but blessed the thief in that moment, forgave him and carried the thief to heaven with Him. Christ forgave Daniel, his church forgave me, his family forgave him, and those that he hurt, including his ex-wife forgave him.

If Christ did not do that for the thief, then where would we be today? It is something to think about. If you're a Christian, you should think about long and hard.

I am done and have said my last on this subject.

Last but not least.....

John 8:1-11

8:1 but Jesus went to the Mount of Olives.

8:2 Now very early in the morning, he came again into the temple,

and all the people came to him. He sat down, and taught them.

8:3 The scribes and the Pharisees brought a woman taken in adultery.

Having set her in the midst,

8:4 they told him, "Teacher, we found this woman in adultery, in the very act.

8:5 Now in our law, Moses commanded us to stone such.

What then do you say about her?"

8:6 They said this testing him, that they might have something to accuse him of.

But Jesus stooped down, and wrote on the ground with his finger.

8:7 But when they continued asking him, he looked up and said to them,

"He who is without sin among you, let him throw the first stone at her."

8:8 Again he stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground.

8:9 They, when they heard it, being convicted by their conscience,

went out one by one, beginning from the oldest, even to the last.

Jesus was left alone with the woman where she was, in the middle.

8:10 Jesus, standing up, saw her and said,

"Woman, where are your accusers? Did no one condemn you?"

8:11 She said, "No one, Lord." Jesus said,

"Neither do I condemn you. Go your way. From now on, sin no more."

None of this is real issue here! If you want to believe it is that's OK by me. I just see it from a different perspective!

No matter the forgiveness, we still must suffer consequences of our actions and behavior; those are not promised to be taken away.

Oh, and I am a practicing Christian; I am forgiven, but suffer consequences from my past behavior and choices and expect to continue to do so, but I WOULD NOT RUN FOR PUBLIC OFFICE and put my community up for public ridicule. I've already heard the astonished comments from friends outside our district and county (and state) and just have to laugh with them and plead prior ignorance to the facts.

Well, we made the National News with this mess. If they didn't think Paulding County was bass ackwards before, they sure do now. :shok:

<snip>

Paulding County, Georgia lost its State House representative, Glenn Richardson, to a familiar political demon last year -- the extramarital affair. Now, the county has elected a replacement who has at least kept his infidelities within the family.

Last December, Richardson, also speaker of the Georgia State House, was forced to step down after his ex-wife made a televised address accusing him of having "a full-out affair" with a lobbyist while they were still married. Not even sympathies gained from news that Richardson had earlier attempted suicide by overdosing on sleeping pills could save his political career.

On Tuesday, Paulding County went to the polls to choose Richardson's successor in a special election. Their choice was Daniel Stout, a 29-year old banker from Dallas, someone who boldly touts himself as a "Christian, a Conservative, and a Republican," and a man who has had to overcome the fact that had an extra-marital affair with his then-mother-in-law 10 years ago.

According to the Atlanta Journal Constitution, Stout "had an affair with his first wife's mother while his first wife was pregnant with their daughter. Stout and his first wife subsequently divorced."

Huffington Post

This is absolutely disgusting. <_<

I've googled it. Not one article on how loving and forgiving the good people of Paulding are. I even checked with the 700 Club. No mention of it. pardon.gif

Because apparently we're not. The overwhelming majority of comments are not loving and forgiving. And P'Com is an open forum - even the Huffington Post could check in and see what we all think and report about it, right?

I guess residents need to start a "get out the vote" campaign now - for the primaries. Maybe more than 1500-1600 of 60000 voters will show up and try to make a statement if we start advertising now.

Because apparently we're not. The overwhelming majority of comments are not loving and forgiving. And P'Com is an open forum - even the Huffington Post could check in and see what we all think and report about it, right?

I guess residents need to start a "get out the vote" campaign now - for the primaries. Maybe more than 1500-1600 of 60000 voters will show up and try to make a statement if we start advertising now.

I just heard Dick Williams and Phil Kent's comments on the Georgia Gang. They were not complementary. If you think they are picking this up from P.com. Think again! I won't say what they were. I really don't want to repeat it. Maybe P.com is a good place to start the "Get out the vote campaign". I know that I have always valued the voting process and I have worked to get others to get out and exercise that right. I have always valued free speech too. I will be working as hard as I can to encourage both.