Paulding.com

Stout wins with 59.9% of vote in 19th District Special Election Results

We’re in tough times right now. We need to bring jobs to this county. We need to improve our transportation infrastructure. I will work hard to make sure every cent we pay in taxes is reinvested into our area. I am ready to go to work.

The citizens of Paulding County have said they are ready for principled representation that will put the needs of our area first.

There is no word from the Sibley camp and Jody Cash, who was at the courthouse during the tally said simply "I am the same man I was yesterday and will be the same man tomorrow."

Stout wins 19th District House Seat with 59.2% of vote

Daniel Stout, who apparently wowed voters with his new face and strong conservative positions, has won the special election to replace Glenn Richardson with 59.9 percent of the total 2038 votes cast. Just over 5.3 percent of the eligible voters cast ballots in the special election brought about after Richardson's resignation in early January.

A last minute revelation of an affair Stout had at age 19 with his mother-in-law apparently did little to dampen voter enthusiasm.

the final unofficial tally had Stout leading with 1221 votes to Ronny Sibley's 716 and Jody Cash's 101 votes of the 2038 votes tallied so far.

News of the affair broke last week when an anonymous poster spilled the beans on a site not well traveled by local residents in a topic about the Paulding GOP. Stout answered those charges there but when a similar charge was made on Paulding.com on Saturday, Stout declined to confront the issue. The story finally meandered to the metropolitan press today leaving some residents who had cast a vote for him, regretful.

Stout has claimed victory and issued this statement:

I’m thankful to the voters of the 19th district for giving me the opportunity to represent the home I love in the Georgia House of Representatives. I’m looking forward to working with respected men such as Representative Howard Maxwell, Senator Bill Heath, Commission Chairman Austin, and our other elected officials to bring to a realization the bright future of Paulding County.
Click for RECENT TOPICS click for RECENT TOPICS click for RECENT TOPICS
  • Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It reinforces the fact to the rest of the state that, in Paulding County, many important elections will continue to be won by those who can out-Conservative and out-Christian the opposition, no matter

Nope. We arm them to protect us all from those people who carry the firearms.

This has got to be the biggest "journalistic joke" I have ever seen Pubby (that is my humble opinion and I am sticking to it).   By the way, is it just my imagination or has THIS site been pretty

It would certainly have been better if this had come out earlier. I have had a number of people tell me that it would have changed their early vote.

Without commenting on whether it should or shouldn't be a consideration... being elected but having part of your constituency regretting their vote before you are sworn in is a really awful place to find yourself, I suspect. It certainly means you're starting in a deep, deep hole!

Pubby's.

Wonder how much of that 60% is early voting? Wonder how many hadn't heard the "story" and will hear it tomorrow on the news?

I think a lot of folks voted for him because he put his own statement out there. They thought he must be a stand up guy. I won't say on P.com what I really think.

Pubby's.

Wonder how much of that 60% is early voting? Wonder how many hadn't heard the "story" and will hear it tomorrow on the news?

And they will hear it on the news!!dry.gif

Pubby's.

I thought the results Pubby posted was the early voting? No?

I'm not sure but I have a ton of hits on my site. I have surpassed the year and monthly average for atlanta news avg. and within 100 hits of passing the politics category.

I'll have to see how the election results compare to the total hits I have and see if any trend prevailed.

Edited by PraiseThee

I'm not sure, I thought they could add before?

the early votes and absentee ballots were counted first.

The boxes from voting today are coming in and as is typical, they are following the same trend as the early voting/absentee vote.

Sibley has won only one box and that by a paltry 5 votes and Stout continues to rack up 60 percent tallies in the balance of the precincts being reported.

At this point, I would be surprised to see the vote change.

I think it is clear that Daniel Stout came across as a more affable fellow than the somewhat straitlaced Ronny Sibley.

pubby

The boxes from voting today are coming in and as is typical, they are following the same trend as the early voting/absentee vote.

Sibley has won only one box and that by a paltry 5 votes and Stout continues to rack up 60 percent tallies in the balance of the precincts being reported.

I think it is clear that Daniel Stout came across as a more affable fellow than the somewhat straitlaced Ronny Sibley.

pubby

affable? or competent?

In addition to being nice pleasant, Stout is unlike Sibley in many ways. For one, Stout--unlike Sibley--doesn't think that people who carry firearms for self-defense in "public venues" (Sibley's words) are irresponsible. Furthermore, he doesn't liken us to meth dealers (again, Sibley's own words).

I will be immensely disgusted if Sibley wins.

affable? or competent?

After tomorrow it will be laughable.

"Mr. Stout....Adam Murphy CBS Atlanta ....Is it true that all Paulding County Republicans use condoms for bookmarks in their Bibles? Is there a special school for philandering Representatives from Paulding County, or is it just part of the fabric of the society?

pubby

Sad for Paulding County!

Some people don't have inferiority complexes and have to resort to intimidation with a firearm. It is small minded people who have inate fears that carry firearms in public. :blink:

You sound like some pimply face kid who needs a firearm to make up for little stature. :rofl:

I have carried and it is not because I am small minded, I just don't care to be dead.

Why not both? You do know what affable means, right?

Main Entry: af·fa·ble

Pronunciation: \ˈa-fə-bəl\

Function: adjective

Etymology: Middle English affabyl, from Anglo-French, from Latin affabilis, from affari to speak to, from ad- + fari to speak — more at ban

Date: 15th century

1 : being pleasant and at ease in talking to others <an affable host>

2 : characterized by ease and friendliness <an affable manner>

synonyms see gracious

— af·fa·bil·i·ty \ˌa-fə-ˈbi-lə-tē\ noun

— af·fa·bly \-blē\ adverb

i'd agree that both are important. however, competency carries more weight than likability in my book.

In addition to being nice pleasant, Stout is unlike Sibley in many ways. For one, Stout--unlike Sibley--doesn't think that people who carry firearms for self-defense in "public venues" (Sibley's words) are irresponsible. Furthermore, he doesn't liken us to meth dealers (again, Sibley's own words).

I will be immensely disgusted if Sibley wins.

Thats just dumb. "public venue" is pretty broad. It is irresponsible to have firearms in certain public venues. But I guess the distinction would be loss on some folks.

Thats just dumb. "public venue" is pretty broad. It is irresponsible to have firearms in certain public venues. But I guess the distinction would be loss on some folks.

That's right. There are some places where there shouldn't be guns and, if there are, it should be illegal to have them in those places. :wacko:

<table style="width: 670px; height: 699px;" id="table1" border="6" cellpadding="9" cellspacing="8"><tbody><tr><td style="background-color: rgb(153, 255, 204);" valign="top" width="165"><font size="1"><a href="http://www.paulding.com/forum/index.php?act=calendar" target="_blank"><iframe name="FRAME1" src="http://www.adserv.paulding.com/ads/www/delivery/afr.php?n=a44f885d&zoneid=6" scrolling="auto" frameborder="0" height="600" width="160"></iframe></a></font></td><td style="background-color: rgb(0, 102, 255);" valign="top" width="550">

<font size="7">

Stout off to early lead in District 19 tally

</font><br><br>

Daniel Stout, who apparently wowed voters with his new face and strong conservative positions, appears to be maintaining his early lead with 58.9 percent of all votes cast so far. About six precincts have yet to report.<br><br>

Today's voting seems to be telling the same story despite news of an affair the man had at age 19 with his mother-in-law. That story seems to be having a minimal impact on the vote. <br><br>

The last precinct to report - McGarity Elementary - had Sibley trailing with 35 votes to Stout's 38 votes and Cash's six votes.

At present Stout leads 756 to Ronny Sibley's 463 and Jody Cash's 63 vote tally. <br><br>

News of the affair broke last week when an anonymous poster spilled the beans on a site not well traveled by local residents in a topic about the Paulding GOP. Stout answered those charges there but when a similar charge was made on Paulding.com on Saturday, Stout declined to confront the issue. The story finally meandered to the metropolitan press today leaving some residents who had cast a vote for him, regretful.<br><br>

The impact of the news on voters appears to be minimal. <br><br>

</div> </td></tr><tr><td style="background-color: rgb(128, 0, 0);" colspan="2" align="center" height="43"><b><font color="#00ffff" size="4" face="Arial Narrow"><a href="http://www.paulding.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=active" target="_blank"><font color="#00ffff">Click for RECENT TOPICS click for RECENT TOPICS click for RECENT TOPICS</font></a></font></b></td></tr></tbody></table>

This has got to be the biggest "journalistic joke" I have ever seen Pubby (that is my humble opinion and I am sticking to it).

By the way, is it just my imagination or has THIS site been pretty slow lately?

• Like 1

That's right. There are some places where there shouldn't be guns and, if there are, it should be illegal to have them in those places. :wacko:

Thats the difference in the extremes on the 2nd amendment. People who wish to pass legislaion giving persons the right to carry, even in "public venues" and those who can reason that the right does not extend to some places.

Now Paulding can get ready for the jokes and slams! I am claiming I live in Cobb from now on!!!unsure.gif ohmy.gif

Well okay, Daniel has won but his battle has only begun, Been speaking to someone tonight who plans to run for the main election who has done this before so we'll see how that goes as he will have his work cut out for him.

I hope he is up front with the Party and doesn't bring any surprises with him!

• Like 1