Paulding.com

The President (Rob MacPherson) of Great American Roofs Inc has started a new company called www.safeestimate.com . He has been arrested for Theft in Paulding, Cobb and other counties around the Atlanta area for taking money and never providing work or materials.. He has started a new company and please research him and his new company before you spend any money. There should be a law that prohibts people out on bail from starting another company. This is the company that took over 3k from my family back in April 09.

Secretary of state filing: http://corp.sos.state.ga.us/corp/soskb/Corp.asp?1567534

Domain Registration: http://domains.whois.com/domain.php

www.safeestimate.com

Arrests:

http://www.mdjonline.com/pages/full_story/push?article-Kennesaw+roofer+arrested+on+theft+charges-+probed+by+BBB%20&id=3810773

http://www.prlog.org/10355837-great-american-roofs-inc-aka-us-homecrafters-kennesaw-ga-is-scam.html

Wow. You are right. There should be something that would prohibit a person doing the same thing over and over.

Thanks for posting this.

Yes, his past has shown him to open a company...take in the deposits or full payment (if he is lucky) - never provide work or materials. Provides plenty of excuses of why work is not being started. Victims grow tired and sue him in civil court, he looses. Declares bankruptcy and walks away. Opens a new company.

The President (Rob MacPherson) of Great American Roofs Inc has started a new company called www.safeestimate.com . He has been arrested for Theft in Paulding, Cobb and other counties around the Atlanta area for taking money and never providing work or materials.. He has started a new company and please research him and his new company before you spend any money. There should be a law that prohibts people out on bail from starting another company. This is the company that took over 3k from my family back in April 09.

Secretary of state filing: http://corp.sos.state.ga.us/corp/soskb/Corp.asp?1567534

Domain Registration: http://domains.whois.com/domain.php

www.safeestimate.com

Arrests:

http://www.mdjonline.com/pages/full_story/push?article-Kennesaw+roofer+arrested+on+theft+charges-+probed+by+BBB%20&id=3810773

http://www.prlog.org/10355837-great-american-roofs-inc-aka-us-homecrafters-kennesaw-ga-is-scam.html

Wow I think I would call him for a "estiment"...... I would "estimate" I could put my foot this <--------------> far up his a$$

Edited by Whoa Willie

I know I am a little late in responding to this, but here goes.

It is my understanding that you CANNOT declare bankruptcy on a court judgment/order. I would be talking to an attorney before I assumed that he was not liable for the money, even though he shut down the business. It seems like you should be able to do something to him.

It is my understanding that you CANNOT declare bankruptcy on a court judgment/order. I would be talking to an attorney before I assumed that he was not liable for the money, even though he shut down the business. It seems like you should be able to do something to him.

Civil judgments are typically dischargable in bankruptcy... Criminal are not. :(

This whole roofing thing (with the hail damage people running all over the place trying to write up folks) is disturbing. I called my insurance agent (who I have used and known since I was 16 years old) and he said people are getting screwed over left and right. There's a lot of "fly-by-nighters" out there scamming people. If it sounds too good to be true....then it probably isn't true to begin with. ;)

A civil judgement is dischargable in a Bankruptcy--you just have to file a Motion to Avoid Lien with the BK Court. The only time something like this is non-dischargable is if it is proven to be fraud and you have to file an AP with the BK court. You need an attorney to do this and it is very expensive (usually 5K min.) and there is no guarantee that you will win. An AP can go on for years--even after the BK case is closed.

We have had 2 companies in the past week come through our neighborhood knocking on doors. Being in the business so long, we pretty much know the reputable companies around here and most (if not all) do not go door to door. Someone knocking on your door is the first sign, also if the company doesn't want to give you a written estimate and they just say "we will do the job for what the insurance gives you" you should be careful.

We have had 2 companies in the past week come through our neighborhood knocking on doors. Being in the business so long, we pretty much know the reputable companies around here and most (if not all) do not go door to door. Someone knocking on your door is the first sign, also if the company doesn't want to give you a written estimate and they just say "we will do the job for what the insurance gives you" you should be careful.

Well said. Keep in mind, those door knockers are not out there doing this for free.....it's another chunk of YOUR money going out the window to pay them. I would rather just pay the roofer alone, instead of the roofer and these middle-men. Save some money. And my advice would be to go directly to your insurance company on your own behalf, instead of having someone else do it for you. Most insurance companies already have their own contractors that they KNOW are proven and good at what they do. In essence, it's good for the insurance company to make sure you get the best deal and the best quality. After all, it's YOUR house that THEY are insuring. ;)

Crist Roofing & Construction, Inc. is a reputable roofing and construction company in Hiram, GA for almost 10 years (next to Wal Mart). We currently have a team out in our local neighborhoods canvassing. However, our purpose is to make some homeowners aware that they may have roof issues. Insurance companies do not always side with homeowners when it comes to paying for necessary repairs and even a new roof. Our company works with your insurance company to ensure that your roof is taken care of. If you are concerned about being scammed, then always ask questions. Where is your office located? Is your company licensed and insured? Are you a member of the Better Business Bureau? Check to see how long they have been in business, three years or less means storms have put them in business. They came with the storms and they will leave with the storms. Also ask what kind of warranty you will be given for the work done to your home. If your contractor doesn't have an office that you can visit or a license to show legitimate workmanship, then they may be a " fly by night " company.

Crist Roofing & Construction, Inc. is a reputable roofing and construction company in Hiram, GA for almost 10 years (next to Wal Mart). We currently have a team out in our local neighborhoods canvassing. However, our purpose is to make some homeowners aware that they may have roof issues. Insurance companies do not always side with homeowners when it comes to paying for necessary repairs and even a new roof. Our company works with your insurance company to ensure that your roof is taken care of. If you are concerned about being scammed, then always ask questions. Where is your office located? Is your company licensed and insured? Are you a member of the Better Business Bureau? Check to see how long they have been in business, three years or less means storms have put them in business. They came with the storms and they will leave with the storms. Also ask what kind of warranty you will be given for the work done to your home. If your contractor doesn't have an office that you can visit or a license to show legitimate workmanship, then they may be a " fly by night " company.

• Like 1

I had my insurance company send an adjuster out to check my roof and they sent me a check the next week.

I called some people I know in residential construction and found an out of work carpenter that took his time and did the work correctly as well as replaced some decking and some fascia board. I bought my shingles at Heely Brown. I came out about $1,500 under the insurance company's estimate and upgraded to a GAF high definition architectural shingle.

AND make sure the Better Business Bureau symbol on the estimate you receive is the REAL symbol and not a fake like the one on the estimate that I got. Go on BBB and check the company out.

DO NOT RELY on the BBB. The day I hired our roofing company they were an A... the next week, they were an F. Also, if they provide you with a local address - drive by it make sure it's not a mailboxes, etc type of place (like the one on Barrett lakes my guy provided...)

Well said. Keep in mind, those door knockers are not out there doing this for free.....it's another chunk of YOUR money going out the window to pay them. I would rather just pay the roofer alone, instead of the roofer and these middle-men. Save some money. And my advice would be to go directly to your insurance company on your own behalf, instead of having someone else do it for you. Most insurance companies already have their own contractors that they KNOW are proven and good at what they do. In essence, it's good for the insurance company to make sure you get the best deal and the best quality. After all, it's YOUR house that THEY are insuring. ;)

You know, I thought that was odd when we had that hail storm and all these trucks coming into our neighborhood knocking on doors trying to get us to allow them to do our roof. I called our insurance company made a claim and asked them who do they recommend and they gave me Bear something another from Powder Springs. They did a GREAT JOB on our roof.

Any hoot, acouple came to my home and told me they would waive the deductible and right there that sent a red flag to me. The other told me that they would lower the deductible and that also didn't sit well.