Paulding.com

I am very very upset

Lucky, if you will, please PM me the name of this place. I have two small kids and hope to never go there...Also kinda curious as to why a freakin psyco was at such a nice place. And plus my SIL and I were at the gym tonight and this weird guy came in done a quick walk through and then left and we could tell he wasn't in normal work out gear...

I just got home speaking with a Paulding County Sheriff Officer, matter of fact two of them. I was told that I have to go to the City Police because it happened in the city.

But, I was also told it isn't against the law to carry a gun and if they have a permit they are legal. What they didn't like is he showed his gun with 2 minor girls standing there.

Unfortunaltly nothing can be done about words but that's all good. I have my days when I have a lot of words. LOL

One officer did say it was a threat, I believe he used the words terroistic threat.

The other officer said that people are trying to get a law passed so they can carry a concealed weapon in more public places.

This man is about 5'7, 5'8, hair short completely gray but a head full of hair, he drives a Ford Truck white. No I didn't get a license plate because at the time I didn't think about it.

He likes to give bubble gum to the kids there. He said that he use to work for GMC.

I just got home speaking with a Paulding County Sheriff Officer, matter of fact two of them. I was told that I have to go to the City Police because it happened in the city.

But, I was also told it isn't against the law to carry a gun and if they have a permit they are legal. What they didn't like is he showed his gun with 2 minor girls standing there.

Unfortunaltly nothing can be done about words but that's all good. I have my days when I have a lot of words. LOL

One officer did say it was a threat, I believe he used the words terroistic threat.

The other officer said that people are trying to get a law passed so they can carry a concealed weapon in more public places.

This man is about 5'7, 5'8, hair short completely gray but a head full of hair, he drives a Ford Truck white. No I didn't get a license plate because at the time I didn't think about it.

He likes to give bubble gum to the kids there. He said that he use to work for GMC.

It's not against the law to carry one without a permit, but it must be out in the open and NOT concealed in any way. If it was under a coat and he DIDN"T have a permit, that is in fact against the law.

Yes, that is what the officer said, if he had it under his jacket, it's not against the law if he has a permit.

They had more of a problem him showing it to my daughter and her friend, then they had him talking to me about the KKK, Damn Yankee and showing it to me, and him saying he is protected. (meaning the guy who had the gun, he said protected not the officer).

I'll bet you a dollar to a donut, he didn't have a permit. He must have thought you were an easy mark to intimidate to make himself look like a big man or whatever. Don't forget to factor in the fact that people are generally stupid as hell. I'm glad y'all are okay.

I would take you up on that bet.

The idea that a couple of bucks and a background check are all that are needed to get a permit doesn't give me confidence that those who get concealed carry permits have any particular corner on sanity.

I do understand your desire to distance yourself as a supporter of gun toting in public places but the plain fact is that whether he has a permit or not, there is a good chance that he would be eligible to carry. (BTW: an incident like that of lucky's would be 'hard to prove' as it is a he-said, she-said issue with the cops so, unless it was more brash - like he pulled the gun - the cops would probably just send folks home (too much paper work.)

Don't take it personally HHS- seriously don't because what I'm talking about is more about a mathematical certainty. That mathematical certainty is that if a group of people is large enough, it will contain crazies.

See, just about everything can be understood as a bell curve. You know the upside down U that is graphed with the majority in the middle but on the edges, there is the fringe. Well, this guy was definitely from the fringe but know that there is no escaping that fringe. They are always going to be there - the crazies. It is a mathematical certainty.

That said, I can say with certainty that the group of concealed weapon users is a large enough group to have literally hundreds of crazies and still be a small percentage of the entire population.

pubby

Yes, that is what the officer said, if he had it under his jacket, it's not against the law if he has a permit.

They had more of a problem him showing it to my daughter and her friend, then they had him talking to me about the KKK, Damn Yankee and showing it to me, and him saying he is protected. (meaning the guy who had the gun, he said protected not the officer).

This kook doesn't need to be on the streets. Isn't is funny how we all react differently when you have your kids with you? You just want them to be safe and make the situation one you can get out of. He might do that flashing thing to the wrong person one day and realize that he has bitten off more than he can chew. There are way too many loons out there.

I would take you up on that bet.

The idea that a couple of bucks and a background check are all that are needed to get a permit doesn't give me confidence that those who get concealed carry permits have any particular corner on sanity.

I do understand your desire to distance yourself as a supporter of gun toting in public places but the plain fact is that whether he has a permit or not, there is a good chance that he would be eligible to carry. (BTW: an incident like that of lucky's would be 'hard to prove' as it is a he-said, she-said issue with the cops so, unless it was more brash - like he pulled the gun - the cops would probably just send folks home (too much paper work.)

Don't take it personally HHS- seriously don't because what I'm talking about is more about a mathematical certainty. That mathematical certainty is that if a group of people is large enough, it will contain crazies.

See, just about everything can be understood as a bell curve. You know the upside down U that is graphed with the majority in the middle but on the edges, there is the fringe. Well, this guy was definitely from the fringe but know that there is no escaping that fringe. They are always going to be there - the crazies. It is a mathematical certainty.

That said, I can say with certainty that the group of concealed weapon users is a large enough group to have literally hundreds of crazies and still be a small percentage of the entire population.

pubby

It's not a he-said, she-said when you had four people see him do it.

I know someone who fits your physical description and truck description, even though it is pretty generic. This person has a temper, though. :mellow: Did this person have facial hair? Anything characteristic about his teeth (this person would have normal, straight teeth).

I know someone who fits your physical description and truck description, even though it is pretty generic. This person has a temper, though. :mellow: Did this person have facial hair? Anything characteristic about his teeth (this person would have normal, straight teeth).

Yes, matter of fact he did have something gross about his teeth and he made a point of mentioning his teeth and no he wasn't clean shaven. My definition of clean shaving any way. I was told his name but I forgot it. I think it started with a M. One more thing, he likes to chew gum, bubble gum, that comes single and I believe the wrapper is blue and red and twisted on the sides. You know, the kind we chewed when we were young. He said he bought a 3lb bag today.

Edited by Lucky64

Yes, matter of fact he did have something gross about his teeth and he made a point of mentioning his teeth and no he wasn't clean shaven. My definition of clean shaving any way. I was told his name but I forgot it. I think it started with a M. One more thing, he likes to chew gum, bubble gum, that comes single and I believe the wrapper is blue and red and twisted on the sides. You know, the kind we chewed when we were young. He said he bought a 3lb bag today.

Well, the person I know has nice, straight teeth, so I guess that is not him :) Whew...

Okay I just got back from the City Police Department and I got much further with them. The officer said that I should have called right then and there because the man did break the law by having a gun in church and he would have gotten arrested even if he did have a concealed permit. It is against the law to carry a gun into a church. And he view it infront of minors.

The officer said that he didn't directly threatened me but the threat was there in a round about way but nothing can be done about that.

They need to find out who he is and they are going there to talk to someone to find out his name. That's at least what the officer said.

Alright, I'm just nosey and curious :blush:

Yeah one day he is gonna mouth off to someone who is just as "protected" There aren't many places I don't go that my carry-conceal permit isn't in my wallet and my gun isn't with me. You just never know these days sadly.

PS I'm not crazy!

huh, you mean they didn't pull out the white robes and burning crosses??? wow. :rolleyes: guess you were wrong about them

Okay I just got back from the City Police Department and I got much further with them. The officer said that I should have called right then and there because the man did break the law by having a gun in church and he would have gotten arrested even if he did have a concealed permit. It is against the law to carry a gun into a church. And he view it infront of minors.

The officer said that he didn't directly threatened me but the threat was there in a round about way but nothing can be done about that.

Guns at church...dear Jesus.

were did that come from?

"I did stand up to him for the most part by saying I wasn't afraid of him. I will admit I was in the wrong for not calling the police but I (now that I think about more glad that I didn't) because they wouldn't have cared especially when it came out that I am a yankee. I had more officers ask me where I'm from. I was in a wreck 2 years ago in Hiram on 278 and the first thing the officer asked me was, where am I from. My accent (I guess ) is still thick."

:rolleyes:

I would venture to say..... when they asked you where you were from, they meant.. like where you live! They don't give a crap that you are a yankee.

Edited by Im Right

:o :o I just would have cussed his *ss off and got the heck out of there. Sorry you had to go through this Lucky but you let him go. This would have never happened if were me. The guy was an a** and I would have called him on it. Guess the Yankee years in me would have put him in his place. Not saying I wouldn't have been scared to death but he has no right to do that to you or anyone else.

I hope next time will be different. Jerk!!!! :angry:

I an Southern through and through... I'd have done the same thing.

Having met you, Lucky, I am AMAZED you kept your cool.

"I did stand up to him for the most part by saying I wasn't afraid of him. I will admit I was in the wrong for not calling the police but I (now that I think about more glad that I didn't) because they wouldn't have cared especially when it came out that I am a yankee. I had more officers ask me where I'm from. I was in a wreck 2 years ago in Hiram on 278 and the first thing the officer asked me was, where am I from. My accent (I guess ) is still thick."

:rolleyes:

I would venture to say..... when they asked you where you were from, they meant.. like where you live! They don't give a crap that you are a yankee.

Oh yes they do!!! You don't know what you are talking about.

I an Southern through and through... I'd have done the same thing.

Having met you, Lucky, I am AMAZED you kept your cool.

KRM, when you met me (at the party) I barely said two words to anyone and I stayed in the backroom for the most part from everyone. Do I look like I have a temper?

Oh yes they do!!! You don't know what you are talking about.

KRM, when you met me (at the party) I barely said two words to anyone and I stayed in the backroom for the most part from everyone. Do I look like I have a temper?

Yeah, I was sitting with you in the back. You almost wouldn't sit with us because there was seafood on the table. :glare: Then got a bit pissed with JLH and left. No biggy. I am just shocked you didn't say anything to the dude with the gun.

To me, your account, reads as was threatening verbally and he made a point to show you his firearm. I would have called the police and had him arrested for threatening me with a firearm. Essentially that's what he did.

Yep, brandishing a firearm

It's not against the law to carry one without a permit, but it must be out in the open and NOT concealed in any way. If it was under a coat and he DIDN"T have a permit, that is in fact against the law.

You have to have your GFL to carry period, concealed or open carry.